NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFTING] Proposal to Repeal "Commend Europeia"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
The Grand Senate
Civilian

Founded: Oct 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFTING] Proposal to Repeal "Commend Europeia"

Postby The Grand Senate » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:33 pm

A proposal I've been thinking about since 10000 islands came out as staunchly against it.

First proposal, and first forum post. Don't be kind c:

Security Council,

RECOGNIZING that all facts stated in the original Proposal are true, with the exception(s) of;
1. Section 1, "Lauding Europeia's role at the forefront of the Independent ideology, notably including both being host to the pioneering Independent Convention and codifying the principles and values of Independentism in a landmark interregional document known as The Independent Manifesto,"
a. Due to Europeia's attempts to disturb national order by raiding smaller regions than themselves,
2. Section 12, "Believing that Europeia overall serves both as an exemplary role model for the world and as a force for positive change throughout it,"
a. Due to the fact that, once more, Europeia's many attempts at raiding smaller regions, along with allying themselves with the Black Hawks, leading to,
REALIZING that the Nation which proposed the Commendation was, and is, a leading general of the Black Hawks, a region condemned twice due to various reasons, (Resolution SC52 (April 04, 2011), Resolution SC217 (March 01, 2017) both of which focused on The Black Hawk's attempts to disturb national order, so should have disqualified any legislation from any member,

REALIZING that the Founder of Europeia, The nation of King Hem, holds facist values to heart, despite attempting to advertise itself as a Centrist Democracy, which is in direct conflict with Section 3 of the original proposal, which states, "Specifically Recognizing Europeia's commitment to anti-fascist military efforts, particularly the forceful presence of the Europeian Republican Navy on numerous operations in regions such as Nazi Europe, Greater German Reich, and Anne Frank, as well as Europeia's creation of the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism to unite regions across the world in the combat of fascism."

BUILDING upon that fact, Europeia, though noble in its bulwark anti-Nazism, reduces National Sovereignty to nothing, forcibly removing the decision from the Nation's hands in their raids of "unworthy" regions.

FURTHER REALZING that Section 4 of the original proposal is incredibly vague, not citing a source, or telling the Council percisely what this Revolutionary technology is that it has so noblely shared with other reigons, simply stating that such a technology exists.
1. Section 4 States, "Applauding the region for its impressive efforts to recruit nations to become a part of its territory, often using state-of-the-art technology that Europeia has developed, tested, and shared with other regions;"

RECOGNIZING that Section 5 ignores what nations were being apart of, Raiding parties, and instead focusing on the fact that nations were involved, further condemning the nation,
1.Section 5 states “Complementing the exemplary levels of participation in recruitment efforts from many individual nations in the region, whose efforts are largely responsible for the region perennially being among the largest regions for over a decade, as well as the Europeia's formal recognition of such”

RECOGNIZING that the original proposal was deceitful in its clauses, only citing half the truth, and hereby repealing “Commend Europeia”

Lata Eden 2
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lata Eden 2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:48 pm

Against
A proud citizen of Norden
A 8.375 civilization, according to this index.

I'm a filipino and this is my main Nation in NationStates

Lata Edenian Broadcasting Network - Richard Smith has been inaugurated as the 4th President of Lata Eden 2 -- Lata Edenian Air opens

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:00 pm

Normally I wouldn't give something this awful the time of day, but I'm in a mood™, so wth.

RECOGNIZING that all facts stated in the original Proposal are true, with the exception(s) of;
1. Section 1, "Lauding Europeia's role at the forefront of the Independent ideology, notably including both being host to the pioneering Independent Convention and codifying the principles and values of Independentism in a landmark interregional document known as The Independent Manifesto,"
a. Due to Europeia's attempts to disturb national order by raiding smaller regions than themselves,
It can't be the 'national' order if it's regions that are being raided? Also, this isn't a complete arguement or point here

2. Section 12, "Believing that Europeia overall serves both as an exemplary role model for the world and as a force for positive change throughout it,"
a. Due to the fact that, once more, Europeia's many attempts at raiding smaller regions, along with allying themselves with the Black Hawks, leading to,
REALIZING that the Nation which proposed the Commendation was, and is, a leading general of the Black Hawks, a region condemned twice due to various reasons, (Resolution SC52 (April 04, 2011), Resolution SC217 (March 01, 2017) both of which focused on The Black Hawk's attempts to disturb national order, so should have disqualified any legislation from any member,
Okay, so first,again, not really an argument here, in the strictest sense. Taken as a whole, these clauses are attempting to say (badly) that by raiding and working with the Black Hawks - we have no treaty of alliance with them, for the record - we aren't living up to being an exemplary role model and a force for change.
You need some examples to back this up. Also, is it really your assertion that no member of TBH should ever be allowed to write SC legislation? That's not how condemnation works. Like. At all.

but wait, there's more!

REALIZING that the Founder of Europeia, The nation of King Hem, holds facist values to heart

If you're gonna call someone fascist when they're not, you gotta back that up with evidence. Fascist is a pretty serious charge. I've known HEM on and off for six years now. He ain't a fascist. Gotta provide some support for this wild claim here.

BUILDING upon that fact, Europeia, though noble in its bulwark anti-Nazism, reduces National Sovereignty to nothing, forcibly removing the decision from the Nation's hands in their raids of "unworthy" regions

Raiding has nothing to do with 'National Sovereignty', that's not how military gameplay works. At all. And there's no claim of 'unworthiness' in regards to the regions we raid.

RECOGNIZING that Section 5 ignores what nations were being apart of, Raiding parties, and instead focusing on the fact that nations were involved, further condemning the nation,

Europeia does do a hell of a lot more than Raid, you do realize? and I think you didn't complete your thought here

RECOGNIZING that the original proposal was deceitful in its clauses, only citing half the truth, and hereby repealing “Commend Europeia”

This is patently false, and this also doesn't count as an operative clause, so as written, this whole mess is unsubmittable.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Vaculatestar64
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 18, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vaculatestar64 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:05 pm

Gotta have love for people who are to cowardly to post with their actual nation, and instead have to hide behind a puppet. Granted, it does save you some embarrassment.

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 pm

Huh, well alrighty then
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:19 pm

Against. Also, the action clause doesn't work.
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:24 pm

This is unlikely to pass, OP. The reality is Europeia is quite popular.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:32 pm

Consular wrote:This is unlikely to pass, OP. The reality is Europeia is quite popular.

The reality is that the proposal is practically nonsensical :P

The Grand Senate wrote:A proposal I've been thinking about since 10000 islands came out as staunchly against it.

First proposal, and first forum post. Don't be kind c:

Security Council,

How does that explain why "Euro is a leader of Independantism" is untrue? Having invaded before has...like nothing to do with being "at the forefront of the Independent ideology" and having a history in forming it.

Whether one can have an overall positive effect and serve as a role model while also having raided is reasonably debatable. I do think you will find a general public opinion that at worst, the good outweighs any bad (assisted by the fact that any "raids" they participate in are unusually benign, with the exception of certain operations such as those against fascists.

If you'd prefer, you can think of me as Economa Incorporated, native resident of Black Mesa Islands since the day Milograd kicked me out of TSP, long time roleplayer, and current member of Madhouse Productions. Also, R2(d) - Repeals should address the contents of the resolution they're repealing, and not by just stating the reverse of the arguments given in the resolution. Fairly certain the background of the author is not relevant to the content of the proposal. Consider this a running heads up throughout your proposal on R2(d).

REALIZING that the Founder of Europeia, The nation of King Hem, holds facist values to heart, despite attempting to advertise itself as a Centrist Democracy, which is in direct conflict with Section 3 of the original proposal, which states, "Specifically Recognizing Europeia's commitment to anti-fascist military efforts, particularly the forceful presence of the Europeian Republican Navy on numerous operations in regions such as Nazi Europe, Greater German Reich, and Anne Frank, as well as Europeia's creation of the Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism to unite regions across the world in the combat of fascism."

As you say later...source?

BUILDING upon that fact, Europeia, though noble in its bulwark anti-Nazism, reduces National Sovereignty to nothing, forcibly removing the decision from the Nation's hands in their raids of "unworthy" regions.

NatSov =/= regional sovereignty.

FURTHER REALZING that Section 4 of the original proposal is incredibly vague, not citing a source, or telling the Council percisely what this Revolutionary technology is that it has so noblely shared with other reigons, simply stating that such a technology exists.
1. Section 4 States, "Applauding the region for its impressive efforts to recruit nations to become a part of its territory, often using state-of-the-art technology that Europeia has developed, tested, and shared with other regions;"

See, proposals must be IC, so sometimes you have to tap dance around OOC things in IC terms. Europeia has created and shared several notable NS tools, notably several made by R3N, as mentioned in his own commendation.

1.Section 5 states “Complementing the exemplary levels of participation in recruitment efforts from many individual nations in the region, whose efforts are largely responsible for the region perennially being among the largest regions for over a decade, as well as the Europeia's formal recognition of such”

See, and here you did the opposite - you seemed to have assumed that the OOC thing I was trying to say IC was that they raid regions to advertise, when this line actually *did* have a specific author's note/source present in the draft versions explaining it! :P

(Author note: Europeia has developed several recruitment tools used by many large regions, and is particularly notable for it's huge manual recruitment program - their Hall of Recruiters alone recognizes over 600,000 cumulative manual telegrams sent)

That clause recognizes the effort of nearly 200 nations in sending hundreds of thousands of manual recruitment telegrams for the region over the years, as well as the region’s support, encouragement, and recognition of such.

Even discounting the above criticism, "telling only half the truth in two of of 12 clauses" is a bit weak of an argument.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Funkadelia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Funkadelia » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:18 am

Attacking the author of a resolution, especially when the resolution itself has nothing to do with them, is generally not a good idea.
Funkadelia

Former Delegate of Lazarus (x3)
Proscribed TWICE by The South Pacific

WA Security Council Resolution Author (x2)
SC#161
SC#182

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 pm

I’d have some interest in a repeal of this commendation, but what the hell is this? This resolution doesn’t have enough argument to repeal the commend. Against.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:56 pm

Nah, Euro earned it.
Just some weeb.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:18 pm

The Grand Senate wrote:the Founder of Europeia, The nation of King Hem, holds facist values to heart,

Despite being phrased as a nation, this reads like it's about the player. That would be a R3 violation in my book.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Against, due to the R3 violation and the reasons outlined by Ever-Wandering Souls. If re-drafted, I'll take a look at it again.

Also, I can't help but wonder how the proposal was 'deceitful'. Elaborate, please?
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Fauxia wrote:Against.

Isn’t first draft a bit early to declare against, especially if you support the idea? :P

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Also, I can't help but wonder how the proposal was 'deceitful'. Elaborate, please?

The author is from XKI - it’s probably “deceitful” because it shows someone who happens to invade things sometimes in something other than a highly critical light :P
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Against.

Isn’t first draft a bit early to declare against, especially if you support the idea? :P[/quote]Well, I may support the idea, I only said I'm interested in the idea, but this doesn't seem reconcilable to me. So not too early.
Last edited by Fauxia on Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:15 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:

The author is from XKI - it’s probably “deceitful” because it shows someone who happens to invade things sometimes in something other than a highly critical light :P

Well then. Touche.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 am

The Grand Senate wrote:REALIZING that the Founder of Europeia, The nation of King Hem, holds facist values to heart

lolwut

Opposed.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council