NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn GeodesicDragon

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Insignificance
Secretary

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn GeodesicDragon

Postby Insignificance » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:17 pm

The Security Council,

NOTING that GeodesicDragon is one of the largest human rights abusers in the world:
  • Citizens are flogged for jaywalking
  • Comitting many crimes - no matter how small - is punishable by death
  • Environmentalists, poets, writers and other groups are rounded up and shot
  • Emigration is banned
  • Immigrants are forced to work as slaves

SHOCKED at how GeodesicDragon constantly resorts to military action to achieve its own ends:
  • Annexing neighbouring nations for their resources
  • Using the military as a police force to crack down on dissidence
  • Targeting a nation already devastated by a natural disaster with missiles
  • Treating even the slightest insult as a casus belli

DISMAYED at how GeodesicDragon embraces the use of inhumane practices such as slave labour, torture and child soldiers,

FURTHER DISMAYED at GeodesicDragon's blatant disregard for the environment:
  • Large areas of the country have suffered from desertification
  • Wild animals have little to no habitat left; those that do are often hunted to extinction
  • Excessive use of pesticides has poisoned many rivers
  • Manufacturers are disccouraged from preventing excessive greenhouse gas emissions
  • All of GeodesicDragon's electricity comes from heavily polluting sources such as coal and oil

HEREBY condemns GeodesicDragon.

This is my first time doing this sort of thing, so please let me know if I've done anything wrong, or if I need to add/remove/change anything.

Once it is ready, I would need someone else to submit it for me, as I am not a member of the WA; even if I was, my region only has one other member, so I couldn't get the endorsements I needed.

Menta Lee-IL
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2006
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menta Lee-IL » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:19 pm

As others have pointed out when they have attempted to condemn me or my region, strictly in-game actions (e.g. answering issues in a rotten way) isn't enough to get states/regions condemned really, so I doubt this will past muster.
Are you a dictator? Are you psychotic? JOIN PSYCHOTIC DICTATORSHIPS! ACT NOW: JOIN AND GET YOUR *FREE* BOUFFANT TODAY!

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:28 am

Menta Lee-IL wrote:As others have pointed out when they have attempted to condemn me or my region, strictly in-game actions (e.g. answering issues in a rotten way) isn't enough to get states/regions condemned really, so I doubt this will past muster.

Not really, many (even Milograd) were condemned solely for in game actions.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:02 am

Cheeksam wrote:
Menta Lee-IL wrote:As others have pointed out when they have attempted to condemn me or my region, strictly in-game actions (e.g. answering issues in a rotten way) isn't enough to get states/regions condemned really, so I doubt this will past muster.

...but Milo wasn't condemned for answering issues in a way seen as immoral by much of the global community, wasn't he?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:59 am

Cheeksam wrote:

Milo, I believe, was well-known. Also, wasn't he condemned for attempting a bunch of coup's?
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 am

You really cant condemn people for in game stuff. They might be just using it as a simulator for all we know.

Ultramarr
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ultramarr » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 am

What people do with their own nation is not really your business it's not real

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:15 pm

Ultramarr wrote:What people do with their own nation is not really your business it's not real
Neither is the rest of this game :eyebrow:
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Cheeksam wrote:Not really, many (even Milograd) were condemned solely for in game actions.

...but Milo wasn't condemned for answering issues in a way seen as immoral by much of the global community, wasn't he?

Still the same.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:50 am

Cheeksam wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:...but Milo wasn't condemned for answering issues in a way seen as immoral by much of the global community, wasn't he?

Still the same.

SC#77, SC#97.

Is there an issue that allows you to engage in the genocide of blacks, Catholics and other disagreeable groups? Is there an issue that allows you to torture anyone who has an "emotional relationship"? Is there an issue that allows you to force your entire populace into being identical and thoughtless puppets of your regime? Is there an issue that allows you to deploy nerve gas on thousands of your citizens? Is there an issue that allows you to only pair up those who will produce ""genetically pure" offspring", and then to mandate that the offspring are given duties at birth and then taken away from the parents? Although this took place whilst SC#110 is at vote, is there an issue that allows you to occupy a GCR for a week-and-a-half in the name of Communism?

...does Santa Claus have a purple beard? That's my point. Milograd did not answer issues to do all this. He engaged in roleplay on the forums instead. Milo has 5,894 posts on these forums... GeodesicDragon has only three (stating their prohibition of the internet, support of one side in a conflict, and clarifying laws stating that every citizen would have to "fight for the glory of [GeodesicDragon]" at some point).
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:31 am

Tinhampton wrote:
Cheeksam wrote:Still the same.

SC#77, SC#97.

Is there an issue that allows you to engage in the genocide of blacks, Catholics and other disagreeable groups? Is there an issue that allows you to torture anyone who has an "emotional relationship"? Is there an issue that allows you to force your entire populace into being identical and thoughtless puppets of your regime? Is there an issue that allows you to deploy nerve gas on thousands of your citizens? Is there an issue that allows you to only pair up those who will produce ""genetically pure" offspring", and then to mandate that the offspring are given duties at birth and then taken away from the parents? Although this took place whilst SC#110 is at vote, is there an issue that allows you to occupy a GCR for a week-and-a-half in the name of Communism?

...does Santa Claus have a purple beard? That's my point. Milograd did not answer issues to do all this. He engaged in roleplay on the forums instead. Milo has 5,894 posts on these forums... GeodesicDragon has only three (stating their prohibition of the internet, support of one side in a conflict, and clarifying laws stating that every citizen would have to "fight for the glory of [GeodesicDragon]" at some point).
Hence his eventual status as an RP mentor

Insignificance
Secretary

Founded: Nov 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Insignificance » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:53 am

I didn't think it would get much support.

Oh, well, at least I can say I tried. :)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council