NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn Funkadelia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn Funkadelia

Postby Cheeksam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:28 pm

The Security Council,
NOTING that Funkadelia is the current World Assembly Delegate and King of the Undead of Lazarus

ACKNOWLEDGING that while Funkadelia was elected the sovereign, they later abused their powers and dismissed or ejected many long time members of Lazarus,

SHOCKED at how Funkadelia covered up their actions by saying that other nations, including former delegates, were part of a 'secret resistance' that were planning to overthrow Funkadelia, and duped many residents into believing them,

DISMAYED that Funkadelia took the opportunity of this 'secret resistance' to replace the democratic Celestial Mandate, the constitution of Lazarus, with the Constitution of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus, which supported monarchy and placed Funkadelia in absolute power,

FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that Funkadelia could turn turn Lazarus into a raider colony, considering their suspicious raider involvement, especially with Lone Wolves United, a region already condemned by this esteemed body:
  • The two officers who weren't part of the 'secret resistance' were Killer Kitty and Scum, two nations 'coincidentally' controlled by two high-ranking officers in Lone Wolves United (LWU)
  • Funkadelia's dispatch on No region was pinned right to the top of the World Factbook Entry of LWU, and Funkadelia has a puppet called Funkadelia Island in LWU
  • Funkadelia recently disbanded The Founderless Regions Alliance, a defender alliance that benefited many founderless regions, and now it is easier for raiders to raid founderless regions, disrupting the international peace and goodwill in NationStates,

HOPING that by Condemning Funkadelia, more residents of Lazarus will choose to stop endorsing Funkadelia, ending the coup, and ending the disruption to international peace and goodwill,

HEREBY condemns Funkadelia
Last edited by Cheeksam on Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:02 am

i feel ignored

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:05 am

Do it it works.
Does NOT use NS Stats. RP Name 1252-1982: Nogodrick. 0-1252 and 1982-Present: Alsesia
Nation partially represents real views.
Vaukiai wrote:I am sure that if I say everything the opposite, you don't warn me.

This forum is a jewish dictatorship.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:
Inven wrote:A major threat, especially for small islands nation like Tuvalu

Can't they move?

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Trixtoria wrote:
BlueSteel does NOT support the institution of slavery. We thank you for you interest.

Why not?

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:05 am

Relax, the SC is one of the slowest-moving forums. People aren't going to respond immediately to proposals unless they're very radical.

I'm going to take a crack at this. It definitely would appear to be a decently-written proposal, especially since it looks like this is your first crack at writing one
Cheeksam wrote:The Security Council,
NOTING that Funkadelia is the current World Assembly Delegate and King of the Undead of Lazarus

ACKNOWLEDGING that while Funkadelia was elected the sovereign, they later abused their powers and dismissed or ejected many long time members of Lazarus,

SHOCKED at how Funkadelia covered up their actions by saying that other nations, including former delegates, were part of a 'secret resistance' that were planning to overthrow Funkdelia, and duped many residents into believing them,

You need to show that the ejected members of Lazarus were actually ejected unjustly (i.e. that they weren't planning a coup). The Undead Dominion has persuasive evidence-based arguments for why those ejected were planning a coup, and you need to provide counter evidence showing that this is not the case.

You also misspelled "Funkadelia" in the third clause, but that's an easy fix. ;)

Cheeksam wrote:DISMAYED that Funkadelia took the opportunity of this 'secret resistance' to replace the democratic Celestial Mandate, the constitution of Lazarus, with the Constitution of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus, which supported monarchy and placed Funkadelia in absolute power,

This is one of the stronger arguments in your proposal. The Undead Dominion was voted in by a majority of those voting. If you want to argue against its legitimacy you have to show that the voting for the Undead Dominion was undemocratic and that had it been democratic the majority of voters would've opposed it.

You also need to either show that Funkadelia is using his absolute mandate in a condemnable way or that absolutist forms of regional government are inherently condemnable.

Cheeksam wrote:FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that Funkadelia could turn turn Lazarus into a raider colony, considering their suspicious raider involvement, especially with Lone Wolves United, a region already condemned by this esteemed body:
  • The two officers who weren't part of the 'secret resistance' were Killer Kitty and Scum, two nations 'coincidentally' controlled by two high-ranking officers in Lone Wolves United (LWU)
  • Funkadelia's dispatch on No region was pinned right to the top of the World Factbook Entry of LWU, and Funkadelia has a puppet called Funkadelia Island in LWU
  • Funkadelia recently disbanded The Founderless Regions Alliance, a defender alliance that benefited many founderless regions, and now it is easier for raiders to raid founderless regions, disrupting the international peace and goodwill in NationStates,

Stylistically, why is 'coincidentally' is quotes?

LWU as a region may have been condemned, but Killer Kitty was commended (including for his actions in Lazarus) by the SC as Evil Wolf. Also, having a dispatch by a player pinned to a region's WFE is not necessarily a sign that that region and the dispatch author are colluding in any way.

Also, it is important to understand why Funkadelia disbanded the FRA. Your proposal would seen to imply that the disbanding was done as a part of some sort of conspiracy involving LWU in order to make raiding regions easier. Are you able to support that? Or if it is not your intention to imply that, is it possible to rework that clause so as to avoid such an implication? Additionally, to claim that the FRA "benefited many founderless regions" is debatable. There are many (including myself) who would argue that the FRA had a net negative effect on a number of founderless regions.

As a minor gripe, I personally dislike the use of the word "NationStates" in resolutions. I think it comes close to being a Rule 4(c) violation, but its been used in more resolutions than I care to count and its not as if you actually need to change that part of your resolution, its just a matter of my subjective stylistic preference. :P

Cheeksam wrote:BELIEVING that by Condemning Funkadelia, more residents of Lazarus will choose to stop endorsing FUnkadelia, ending the coup, and ending the diruption to international peace and goodwill,

"Disruption" is misspelled and "Funkadelia" is miscapitalized.

I think it would be best to change "BELIEVING" to "HOPING" since with "BELIEVING" it appears you're making a semi-factual claim when, in reality, you cannot know whether the passage of this resolution would have that effect.
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:08 am

The North Polish Union wrote:Relax, the SC is one of the slowest-moving forums. People aren't going to respond immediately to proposals unless they're very radical.

I'm going to take a crack at this. It definitely would appear to be a decently-written proposal, especially since it looks like this is your first crack at writing one
Cheeksam wrote:The Security Council,

SHOCKED at how Funkadelia covered up their actions by saying that other nations, including former delegates, were part of a 'secret resistance' that were planning to overthrow Funkdelia, and duped many residents into believing them,

You need to show that the ejected members of Lazarus were actually ejected unjustly (i.e. that they weren't planning a coup). The Undead Dominion has persuasive evidence-based arguments for why those ejected were planning a coup, and you need to provide counter evidence showing that this is not the case.

You also misspelled "Funkadelia" in the third clause, but that's an easy fix. ;)

Cheeksam wrote:DISMAYED that Funkadelia took the opportunity of this 'secret resistance' to replace the democratic Celestial Mandate, the constitution of Lazarus, with the Constitution of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus, which supported monarchy and placed Funkadelia in absolute power,

This is one of the stronger arguments in your proposal. The Undead Dominion was voted in by a majority of those voting. If you want to argue against its legitimacy you have to show that the voting for the Undead Dominion was undemocratic and that had it been democratic the majority of voters would've opposed it.

You also need to either show that Funkadelia is using his absolute mandate in a condemnable way or that absolutist forms of regional government are inherently condemnable.

Cheeksam wrote:FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGING that Funkadelia could turn turn Lazarus into a raider colony, considering their suspicious raider involvement, especially with Lone Wolves United, a region already condemned by this esteemed body:

Stylistically, why is 'coincidentally' is quotes?

LWU as a region may have been condemned, but Killer Kitty was commended (including for his actions in Lazarus) by the SC as Evil Wolf. Also, having a dispatch by a player pinned to a region's WFE is not necessarily a sign that that region and the dispatch author are colluding in any way.

Also, it is important to understand why Funkadelia disbanded the FRA. Your proposal would seen to imply that the disbanding was done as a part of some sort of conspiracy involving LWU in order to make raiding regions easier. Are you able to support that? Or if it is not your intention to imply that, is it possible to rework that clause so as to avoid such an implication? Additionally, to claim that the FRA "benefited many founderless regions" is debatable. There are many (including myself) who would argue that the FRA had a net negative effect on a number of founderless regions.

As a minor gripe, I personally dislike the use of the word "NationStates" in resolutions. I think it comes close to being a Rule 4(c) violation, but its been used in more resolutions than I care to count and its not as if you actually need to change that part of your resolution, its just a matter of my subjective stylistic preference. :P

Cheeksam wrote:BELIEVING that by Condemning Funkadelia, more residents of Lazarus will choose to stop endorsing FUnkadelia, ending the coup, and ending the diruption to international peace and goodwill,

"Disruption" is misspelled and "Funkadelia" is miscapitalized.

I think it would be best to change "BELIEVING" to "HOPING" since with "BELIEVING" it appears you're making a semi-factual claim when, in reality, you cannot know whether the passage of this resolution would have that effect.

Noted all.

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:38 am

Cheeksam wrote:Noted all.

Somehow I'm not sure that's true, especially since you haven't even fixed the spelling mistakes I pointed out... :P
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Let's wait until the crisis actually resolves itself before we start condemning or commending people.
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.
Queen Emeritus of Kantrias
Kylia Basilissa Regina Quilor Anacreoni

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Cheeksam wrote:

Based upon the logic of this proposal, Lone Wolves United would like to immediately claim credit for the downfall of the FRA.

Nobody argue. :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:50 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Cheeksam wrote:

Based upon the logic of this proposal, Lone Wolves United would like to immediately claim credit for the downfall of the FRA.

I would argue, but I'm assuming this proposal is dead in the water.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:20 am

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

I would argue, but I'm assuming this proposal is dead in the water.

Not like you haven't coupes a region before

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:26 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Cheeksam wrote:

Heh

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:01 am

Disbanding the FRA wasn't that recent, I don't think
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:18 am

Fauxia wrote:Disbanding the FRA wasn't that recent, I don't think

Yes true.
However, Evil Wolf claims responsible, and FUnk probably did the coup once his power is stable.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:09 am

Honeydewistania wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Disbanding the FRA wasn't that recent, I don't think

Yes true.
However, Evil Wolf claims responsible, and FUnk probably did the coup once his power is stable.

Truly, based upon the claims of this Condemn. Lone Wolves United is one of the most powerful R/D organization in the game.

We apparently can topple entire sinkers all by ourselves and secretly infiltrate the highest levels of defender organizations without them knowing, forcing them to disband. You should really be more focused on writing LWU another Condemnation, since we are such an absolute threat.

As for Funk, I'm pretty sure dissolving the FRA should have earned him an Commendation. The Imperialists will probably agree with me.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:25 am

Evil Wolf wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:Yes true.

Truly, based upon the claims of this Condemn. Lone Wolves United is one of the most powerful R/D organization in the game.

We apparently can topple entire sinkers all by ourselves and secretly infiltrate the highest levels of defender organizations without them knowing, forcing them to disband. You should really be more focused on writing LWU another Condemnation, since we are such an absolute threat.

As for Funk, I'm pretty sure dissolving the FRA should have earned him an Commendation. The Imperialists will probably agree with me.

I suspect even Unibot "I hate it when FRA rangers fly the FRA Flag" III would approve of the dissolution of the FRA. :lol:
Unfocused populism is just as dangerous, if not more so, to an elected government's wellbeing as creeping authoritarianism.

Unibot III
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:40 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:
Evil Wolf wrote:

I suspect even Unibot "I hate it when FRA rangers fly the FRA Flag" III would approve of the dissolution of the FRA. :lol:

No matter all the good and bad things I've done in this f-king game, I'm still going to go down as the guy who bitched about the FRA's flags. ARRRRGH.

:P

I was sad to see their dissolution. Make no mistake, I was deeply frustrated with the FRA's politics at one time, but I developed a wider perspective on the organization as I matured in the game. We always had a similar set of values in-game - and as I stepped away from the UDL's leadership, there was less opportunity for mutual mistrust to arise.

I don't recall any run-ins as TRR leader with the FRA and I was a supporter of TRR's continued role in the FRA. Contrary to the imperialist talking points on the subject, I've never got the sense that the FRA was out to the control TRR, it was always a mutually supportive relationship. Practically speaking, the FRA Rangers helped to support the RRA and we helped to bolster the FRA's political standing.
Last edited by Unibot III on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25-05-2008 | Former Delegate of TRR

Factbook // Collected works // Gameplay Alignment Test //
9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Headlines from Unibot // WASC HQ: A Guide

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:52 am

Unibot III wrote:
Kylia Quilor wrote:I suspect even Unibot "I hate it when FRA rangers fly the FRA Flag" III would approve of the dissolution of the FRA. :lol:

No matter all the good and bad things I've done in this f-king game, I'm still going to go down as the guy who bitched about the FRA's flags. ARRRRGH.

Duh

:P

I was sad to see their dissolution. Make no mistake, I was deeply frustrated with the FRA's politics at one time, but I developed a wider perspective on the organization as I matured in the game. We always had a similar set of values in-game - and as I stepped away from the UDL's leadership, there was less opportunity for mutual mistrust to arise.

I don't recall any run-ins as TRR leader with the FRA and I was a supporter of TRR's continued role in the FRA. Contrary to the imperialist talking points on the subject, I've never got the sense that the FRA was out to the control TRR, it was always a mutually supportive relationship. Practically speaking, the FRA Rangers helped to support the RRA and we helped to bolster the FRA's political standing.

I stand corrected. But I thought it was the evil TRR elitres that controled the FRA, which was why you wanted to give the rangers votes? :P

Unibot III
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:04 am

Kylia Quilor wrote:I stand corrected. But I thought it was the evil TRR elitres that controled the FRA, which was why you wanted to give the rangers votes? :P

TRR was a very different region in that early part of 2011. TRR had just, essentially, been inherited by the Empire (Biyah, Dali, Wham and co.) via Nai - after seven years of Kandarin rule. He passed his account to a foreign entity and FRA was dealing with the consequences. TRR also picked up a sizable pocket of invaders sensing the political winds shifting.

To my frustration, some of the old guard in the FRA seemed to be operating on the assumption that TRR was still a reasonable partner in the coalition; that is to say, that a serious political transition hadn't occurred. The hash of wildcards and the usual suspects - CrazySedge, Empire, LWU, JAL and Ex-Euro - that was 2011's TRR, harbored quite literally nothing but ill-will (or at best, general bemusement) towards the FRA and was working to undermine it.

The irony of the Devonitians fallout is that the Empire played their hand and lost. We're a liberal constitutional democracy (and yes, defender) because they failed then.
Last edited by Unibot III on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:34 pm

Yes, but even worse, TRR isn't in a bitchfight with TGW. Very depressing to those of us who grew up in Gameplay in the days of Unibot FRAUDL. :P

Unibot III
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Unibot III » Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

Kylia Quilor wrote:Yes, but even worse, TRR isn't in a bitchfight with TGW. Very depressing to those of us who grew up in Gameplay in the days of Unibot FRAUDL. :P

Haha, FRUDL had nothing on Unibot-Grub bitchfests. Those were classics. I can't honestly muster much more than a chuckle in response to this:

I hope that the true defenders in the UDL will break off from the hollow entity that is the UDL and start a true defending group that will actually have some standards and a moral compass.

In closing, I no longer consider the UDL a defending group and urge all nations and regions to distance themselves from a group that is knowingly riddled with invaders. Boot Unibot and try to clean up the utter mess he has made.

Grub
Founder - 10000 Islands/TITO

At that time, that "hollow entity" could muster forty liberators on the double.

People think things between TGW and 10KI would be all honky-dory without an ego like mine or Sedge's, but they have no idea what ridiculousness the UDL and pre-UDL FRA faced with TITO. You could never be "pure" enough for TITO. I can't imagine what relations would have been like between today's defenders and Grub's 10KI. Would he have self-combusted? Who knows.

In the meantime, I'm hoping to develop some standards and a moral compass...
Last edited by Unibot III on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kylia Quilor
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kylia Quilor » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:27 am

In the meantime, I'm hoping to develop some standards and a moral compass...

Well, keep trying. Nothing's impossible, Unibot.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council