NATION

PASSWORD

[ABANDONED] "Commend The Embassy"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
South Asians
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

[ABANDONED] "Commend The Embassy"

Postby South Asians » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:24 am

The Security Council,

Recognising The Embassy as the record holder for most embassies in Nationstates.

Impressed by it's initiative to help regions grow by providing them a platform to recruit for their respective regions in The Embassy's regional message board.

Noting that The Embassy acts as a chat region for more than thousands to communicate regardless their ideologies.

Applauding the efforts made by The Embassy to construct those embassies since 2015.

Knowing that an embassy is a symbol of peace and friendship between two regions.

Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who help to spread world peace.

Acknowledging that The Embassy is spreading interregional peace by connecting regions through embassies.

Hereby commends The Embassy.

Submit your comments and suggestions. This is my first security council proposal.
Last edited by South Asians on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A supporter of centrism and democracy.
King of Hive.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Administrator of The Free Nations Region.
Former Minister of Military Affairs of the South Pacific.
Former Advisor to the South Pacific Cabinet.

Soldier in SPSF and Director of FNDA.
Other Regions I am in: The Rejected Realms and Mariner Trench.
Other Name: Mysterio and Communist Asians.

R/D Alias: Warrior

Oresland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:09 pm

So the only real reason to commend this region is just "this region has a lot of embassies, commend them" and "with the region, smaller regions can promote themselves". Sorry, but no. It may be an impressive feat, but I don't think it's commendable.
Last edited by Oresland on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supreme Leader - Joseph Andropov
Prime Minister - Madelyn Lancer
WA Ambassador - Michael Richards
Ask our leaders questions here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=422727
I don't use NS stats
  • Conservative: 124
  • Liberal: 25
  • Independent (caucases as a liberal): 1

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 pm

Oresland wrote:"with the region, smaller regions can promote themselves".

I'll be honest, I don't believe that could possibly be true: there are so many regions on their lists that they'd absolutely be lost on it and have little promotion whatsoever.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:39 pm

Oresland wrote:So the only real reason to commend this region is just "this region has a lot of embassies, commend them" and "with the region, smaller regions can promote themselves". Sorry, but no. It may be an impressive feat, but I don't think it's commendable.

My main motive to commend this region is that it has constructed a lot of embassies and it has provided a platform for thousands of people to communicate with each other. Security Council commends those regions/nations which spreads interregional peace and The Embassy has united more than 2000 regions and spread peace among them. So, i think The Embassy should be commended.
Last edited by South Asians on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Hive.
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and Administrator of The Free Nations Region.

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm

South Asians wrote:
Oresland wrote:So the only real reason to commend this region is just "this region has a lot of embassies, commend them" and "with the region, smaller regions can promote themselves". Sorry, but no. It may be an impressive feat, but I don't think it's commendable.

My main motive to commend this region is that it has constructed a lot of embassies and it has provided a platform for thousands of people to communicate with each other. Security Council commends those regions/nations which spreads interregional peace and The Embassy has united more than 2000 regions and spread peace among them. So, i think The Embassy must be commended.

Umm.. no. Embassies don't bring peace. Say if someone hates the other person from that other region and the Embassy are both at embassies with them. Then they would start arguing whether to remove the embassy or not. So... yeah. It's not commendable.
Last edited by Manaime on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ediff-Stok-Kal International AirportEmbassyAir Sr-bi-ji'Tom's Pizza Rolls

██████████████████████████████████

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:51 pm

The Embassy doesn't really spread interregional peace. They enable people to talk on the RMB. And sometimes that's not peaceful.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Manaime
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Manaime » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:36 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:The Embassy doesn't really spread interregional peace. They enable people to talk on the RMB. And sometimes that's not peaceful.

I already said that.
Ediff-Stok-Kal International AirportEmbassyAir Sr-bi-ji'Tom's Pizza Rolls

Kermitus Primarius Schoolus
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kermitus Primarius Schoolus » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:11 pm

South Asians wrote:
The Security Council,

Recognising The Embassy as the record holder for most embassies in Nationstates.

Impressed by it's initiative to help regions grow by providing them a platform to recruit for their respective regions in The Embassy's regional message board.

Noting that The Embassy acts as a chat region for more than thousands to communicate regardless their ideologies.

Applauding the efforts made by The Embassy to construct embassies those since 2015.

Knowing that an embassy is a symbol of peace and friendship between two regions.

Asserting that The Security Council should recognise those who help to spread world peace.

Acknowledging that The Embassy is spreading interregional peace by connecting regions through embassies.

Submit your comments and suggestions. This is my first security council proposal.

I can see the idea (cause nations and regions have been commended for exceptional feats like stats) but the Embassy has done 1 and only thing. And when they propose embassies, it gets annoying

By the way this is Honeydewistan

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:02 am

The Atlae Isles wrote:The Embassy doesn't really spread interregional peace. They enable people to talk on the RMB. And sometimes that's not peaceful.

At least it provides a platform for people to talk in their RMB. I know sometimes it's not peaceful but i also know that we can bring peace by talking.
King of Hive.

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:06 am

Kermitus Primarius Schoolus wrote:I can see the idea (cause nations and regions have been commended for exceptional feats like stats) but the Embassy has done 1 and only thing. And when they propose embassies, it gets annoying

Things get annoying when a person don't knows about it's benefits. We should focus on the positive side of a thing rather negative.
Last edited by South Asians on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
King of Hive.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 am

South Asians wrote:
Kermitus Primarius Schoolus wrote:I can see the idea (cause nations and regions have been commended for exceptional feats like stats) but the Embassy has done 1 and only thing. And when they propose embassies, it gets annoying

Things get annoying when a person don't knows about it's benefits. We should focus on the positive side of a thing rather negative.

OOC: If we only focused on the positives, then we couldn't correctly critize movies, books, etc. Any actual constructive criticism that may come from looking at it negatively would be gone. If people only looked at say my new dress positively, then I wouldn't know if it doesn't really fit me. We should look at it in both ways, not just the positive.
I don't use NS stats

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:41 am

Oresland wrote:OOC: If we only focused on the positives, then we couldn't correctly critize movies, books, etc. Any actual constructive criticism that may come from looking at it negatively would be gone. If people only looked at say my new dress positively, then I wouldn't know if it doesn't really fit me. We should look at it in both ways, not just the positive.

Each and every thing has both positive side and a negative side. Recruitment is positive for the recruiter but sometimes negative for the receiver. An Optimists sees the positive side but an pessimist sees the negative side. You can see in the past SC commendation many defenders are commended. Most raiders have voted for their commendation although raiders are defender's enemies. https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=2 look at this resolution it commends a region which congratulates featured region if this is commendable then this resolution should be commendable.
Last edited by South Asians on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
King of Hive.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:49 am

South Asians wrote:
Oresland wrote:OOC: If we only focused on the positives, then we couldn't correctly critize movies, books, etc. Any actual constructive criticism that may come from looking at it negatively would be gone. If people only looked at say my new dress positively, then I wouldn't know if it doesn't really fit me. We should look at it in both ways, not just the positive.

Each and every thing has both positive side and a negative side. Recruitment is positive for the recruiter but sometimes negative for the receiver. An Optimists sees the positive side but an pessimist sees the negative side. You can see in the past SC commendation many defenders are commended. Most raiders have voted for their commendation although raiders are defender's enemies. https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_pa ... /council=2 look at this resolution it commends a region which congratulates featured region if this is commendable then this resolution should be commendable.

A repeal for that resolution is being drafted.
I don't use NS stats

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:43 pm

Oresland wrote:A repeal for that resolution is being drafted.

I know and i support that repeal. But i think we should commend the embassy because it takes more effort to build an embassy than messaging featured region. Congratulating featured doesn't spread interregional peace but constructing embassy creates interregional peace. The embassy has connected more than 2000 regions by constructing embassies.
King of Hive.

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:48 pm

I am opposed to the commendation of a region for simply spamming embassy requests everywhere.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:I am opposed to the commendation of a region for simply spamming embassy requests everywhere.

I haven't written anywhere that SC is commending the embassy because it spams embassy requests. I have written the points which are commendable. Raiders and defenders also send mass api telegrams appealing people to join their organsation. We can call it spam too. But rather then calling it a spam we commend those organisations.
King of Hive.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:17 pm

South Asians wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:I am opposed to the commendation of a region for simply spamming embassy requests everywhere.

I haven't written anywhere that SC is commending the embassy because it spams embassy requests. I have written the points which are commendable. Raiders and defenders also send mass api telegrams appealing people to join their organsation. We can call it spam too. But rather then calling it a spam we commend those organisations.

No, we commend those nations for defending, the mass API telegrams have nothing to do with it. Whereas the only thing the embassy has done is spam and that by itself is certainly not commendable.
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Kenmoria wrote:No, we commend those nations for defending, the mass API telegrams have nothing to do with it. Whereas the only thing the embassy has done is spam and that by itself is certainly not commendable.

If you are commending those nations for defending. I am commending The Embassy for connecting more than 2000 regions through embassies.
Last edited by South Asians on Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Hive.

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm

Kenmoria wrote:
South Asians wrote:I haven't written anywhere that SC is commending the embassy because it spams embassy requests. I have written the points which are commendable. Raiders and defenders also send mass api telegrams appealing people to join their organsation. We can call it spam too. But rather then calling it a spam we commend those organisations.

No, we commend those nations for defending, the mass API telegrams have nothing to do with it. Whereas the only thing the embassy has done is spam and that by itself is certainly not commendable.
Lol, recruiting from GCRs is not spam.

Let's take a look at this resolution.

South Asians wrote:The Security Council,

So the very first line is about them being embassy hoarders. Uh huh, okay.

So they're recruiter-friendly. That's nice enough, I suppose. I do wonder how much success people get by trying to recruit through y'alls embassies though. I'd guess it's near zero, but I don't know too much about the Embassy.

That isn't commendable at all. Just having an RMB chat is commendable now? Better get writing commends for all the school regions that send thousands of messages each day.

Applauding the efforts made by The Embassy to construct embassies those since 2015.

No. Just no. Their strategy is sending requests to literally every region in the game, disregarding any posted rules for embassy requests. It's disrespectful for sovereign regions, is what it is.

Needless fluff, not to mention it feels out of place.

No, collecting embassies does not spread world peace. There are ways to spread world peace in this game, but that is not one of them.

See Above.

Nope.

Commendations are for people or regions who have affected great change in the game - people who have shaped and changed the landscape(s) of communities for the better through their actions. Simply having embassies and allowing people to chat and recruit through them isn't really changing things much at all. It's insignificant, really. The Embassy does not deserve to be commended, plain and simple.
See You Space Cowboy...

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Drasnia wrote:Commendations are for people or regions who have affected great change in the game - people who have shaped and changed the landscape(s) of communities for the better through their actions. Simply having embassies and allowing people to chat and recruit through them isn't really changing things much at all. It's insignificant, really. The Embassy does not deserve to be commended, plain and simple.

With the help of The Embassy many regions have been liberated by defenders. Many victims of raided regions have asked for help in The Embassy's RMB and they have got help. You are saying that embassies is not a symbol of peace in NS, tell me the name of two regions which are enemies but they have embassies constructed between them. If you don't know much about The Embassy you shouldn't criticize it.
Last edited by South Asians on Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
King of Hive.

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:01 pm

South Asians wrote:

That's literally all it does. Not exactly commendable.
South Asians wrote:
Drasnia wrote:Commendations are for people or regions who have affected great change in the game - people who have shaped and changed the landscape(s) of communities for the better through their actions. Simply having embassies and allowing people to chat and recruit through them isn't really changing things much at all. It's insignificant, really. The Embassy does not deserve to be commended, plain and simple.

With the help of The Embassy many regions have been liberated by defenders. Many victims of raided regions have asked for help in The Embassy's RMB and they have got help. You are saying that embassies is not a symbol of peace in NS, tell me the name of two regions which are enemies but they have embassies constructed between them. If you don't know much about The Embassy you shouldn't criticize it.

Clearly you also don't know :P

You probably shouldn't blame raiding for the Embassy's "commendability." The Embassy did not liberate them, the Defenders did. Still not commendable.

Take regions that will accept any embassy request that comes their way. That nullifies the meaning of the embassy, so it's not peaceful at all.
Last edited by The Atlae Isles on Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Vincent Drake
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vincent Drake » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:30 pm

In my opinion, having "the most" of something in the game is a commendable line item...but that's all it is, one line item. The Embassy is a one-trick pony in this regard, it's their only significant and unique accomplishment.

A quick look at their RMB shows that they actively suppresses regional recruitment posts, despite the region carrying the "Recruiter-Friendly" tag:

Post by Hybera suppressed by Embassy Master.
Post by The Democratic Commonwealth suppressed by Embassy Master.
Post by The Third Empire Of China suppressed by Embassy Master.

So, this line item is simply not true.

tell me the name of two regions which are enemies but they have embassies constructed between them.

Almost any founderless region with an embassy with an org that raids. There are hundreds upon hundreds of such embassy pairs.

Embassies are just a game mechanic, they don't necessarily convey amicable or even voluntary associations. Embassies are often just a symbol of how actively a region tag raids. An org conquers a region, that org can use embassies to signify its addition to their empire.

With the help of The Embassy many regions have been liberated by defenders. Many victims of raided regions have asked for help in The Embassy's RMB and they have got help.

More likely detagged than liberated, and not many. Looking through the RMB again, I see only a couple examples of success after going back many pages, and they're detags. A pair of defenders can detag more regions in one update than those detagged off The Embassy's RMB in months and months. That region is a decent place to see recent tag hits, but the activity page and raider happenings are far more useful. Your argument is basically that the region serves as a utility, and it's not as good as the other utilities the game itself provides. One plus is that actual natives post those help requests...but they could just contact defender orgs directly or detag themselves. There's no particular reason to go to The Embassy for that.

Again, you're treating the region as a utility. This forum allows for the same thing, and better, since you don't need an embassy with them to post here. A common utility function is not commendable. Also, the quality of chat on that RMB is pretty low/average. Look at the players posting one liners in all caps, the huge mod-bomb spam a while back, etc. It's pretty much just ordinary game banter that you'd find on any other RMB.

The Embassy is just not commendable.
Commander in The Order of the Grey Wardens
Founder of European Union

Need to talk? Vincent Drake#3952

Kanglia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kanglia » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:57 pm

Basically what Vinny & everyone else above said.
The Embassy is not really worth commending, they only do one thing & I wouldn't say that it's all that impressive.
Senior Warden in TGW. Usual commander of the UDSAF. Constantly snarky.
Views here are my own and not representative of any affiliation unless otherwise stated.
Always watching

Pollaetorian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pollaetorian » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:14 pm

The Bar on the corner of every region does most of the things The Embassy does but better but the number of embassies 1188 to 1993 embassies matters little at those numbers.
Helping you make the right decisions | The Pollaetorian Guard: Arbiters of Democracy | Liberating the proles from the polls
<Mall> Codger is only an enemy to those who dislike polls.

South Asians
Spokesperson

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby South Asians » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:09 am

I think i should find an another region which is more commendable rather than The Embassy. I abandoned this draft.
Thank you for your comments and suggestions....
Farewell....
Last edited by South Asians on Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
King of Hive.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council