NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned] Repeal "Liberate Dank Memes"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Oresland
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

[Abandoned] Repeal "Liberate Dank Memes"

Postby Oresland » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:41 pm

Here is my first attempt at doing a proposal.

Repeal:"Liberate Dank Memes

Category: Repeal | Nominee: SC #205 | Proposed By: Oresland

The Security Council,

Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command;

Saddened that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse and the natives have no ability to take control of the region;

Acknowledging that the region never had a password in place to lift and instead was refounded by the aforementioned nation;

Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose in keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region;

Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation from raiders;

Hereby repeals SC #205, "Liberate Dank Memes".

The Security Council,

Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied by the region HYDRA Command;

Saddened that the region was refounded as a trophy and the natives have no ability to take control of the region;

Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose on keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region;

Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation by raiders;

The Security Council,

Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command;

Saddened that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse and the natives have no ability to take control of the region;

Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose in keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region;

Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation by raiders;

Leave any comments below if you think anything should be added or removed. Thanks for your feedback!
Last edited by Oresland on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:38 am, edited 16 times in total.
Supreme Leader - Joseph Andropov
Prime Minister - Madelyn Lancer
WA Ambassador - Michael Richards
Ask our leaders questions here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=422727
I don't use NS stats
  • Conservative: 124
  • Liberal: 25
  • Independent (caucases as a liberal): 1

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:34 am

Oresland wrote:Here is my first attempt at doing a proposal.

Repeal:"Liberate Dank Memes

Category: Repeal | Nominee: SC #205 | Proposed By: Oresland

The Security Council,

Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied by the region HYDRA Command;

Saddened that the region was refounded as a trophy and the natives have no ability to take control of the region;

Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose on keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region;

Leave any comments below if you think anything should be added or removed. Thanks for your feedback!

The password was passworded from the founder, not HYDRA Command.
This resolution should be repealed, but not like this. I'll help out

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 am

Actually, HYDRA did password it. Then it was liberated. Then the Nazis refounded it. Then they put a password on it.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:Actually, HYDRA did password it. Then it was liberated. Then the Nazis refounded it. Then they put a password on it.

In the end, HYDRA put the password once it was refounded.
I don't use NS stats

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:28 pm

Oresland wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:Actually, HYDRA did password it. Then it was liberated. Then the Nazis refounded it. Then they put a password on it.

HYDRA didn't refound Dank Memes. Woodhouse did.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:33 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Oresland wrote:

HYDRA didn't refound Dank Memes. Woodhouse did.

I updated the language of the proposal to hopefully be more accurate.
I don't use NS stats

A problem like Maria
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A problem like Maria » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Oresland wrote:Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command

Hydra never passworded DM.

We were planning on skipping the password and going straight for the refound anyways. I've instructed Shock Division 21 to approve the proposal.
viewtopic.php?p=29872988#p29872988

Oresland wrote:Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose on keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region

'no purpose in keeping', but the correction doesn't make the sentence any less wordy.

Oresland wrote:Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation by raiders

If all you can conjure in the way of filler is a flaccid pie-in-the-sky afterthought, consider removing it.

Oresland wrote:Saddened that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse and the natives have no ability to take control of the region

Work hard to make the rest of your proposal as awesome as that bit.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm

A problem like Maria wrote:
Oresland wrote:Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command

Hydra never passworded DM.

We were planning on skipping the password and going straight for the refound anyways. I've instructed Shock Division 21 to approve the proposal.
viewtopic.php?p=29872988#p29872988

In light of that, I may add that it never had a password to begin with.

Oresland wrote:Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose on keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region

'no purpose in keeping', but the correction doesn't make the sentence any less wordy.

Fixed

Oresland wrote:Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation by raiders

If all you can conjure in the way of filler is a flaccid pie-in-the-sky afterthought, consider removing it.

I'll do so if more people suggest it

Oresland wrote:Saddened that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse and the natives have no ability to take control of the region

Work hard to make the rest of your proposal as awesome as that bit.

Thanks! I'll make the changes by tomorrow. By next week, I should have the final draft ready.
I don't use NS stats

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm

I've decided to remove the penultimate line for the final draft. If no other suggestions come up, it will be submitted tomorrow.
I don't use NS stats

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Oresland wrote:I've decided to remove the penultimate line for the final draft. If no other suggestions come up, it will be submitted tomorrow.
For your own sake, don't. It won't even reach quorum.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I guess you're right, for a moment I forgot it had to go through the delegates first. They do like those types of lines.
I don't use NS stats

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Oresland wrote:I guess you're right, for a moment I forgot it had to go through the delegates first. They do like those types of lines.
It still isn't ready though
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Potential edits with some thoughts off the top of my head.

The Security Council,

Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command; it had been invaded by hostile forces;
HYDRA COMMAND was very short lived and much of its (the invasion's) alumnus no longer associate with being a member of that group.

Saddened Realizing that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse another international actor and that the natives have no ability to take control of the region been denied reentry to the region; Lets not back-pat poor actors.

Acknowledging that the region never had a password in place to lift and instead was refounded by the aforementioned nation; I believe this part is redundant and doesn't need to be included.

Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose in keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region; This just needs to be reworded. The language is too harsh and it may dissuade members from voting for Liberations in the future.

Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation from raiders;
Seeking to remove redundancies from the books of the World Assembly;

Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Noting that the purpose of SC #205 was to lift an unknown password applied to the region Dank Memes after a raid by HYDRA Command; it had been invaded by hostile forces;
HYDRA COMMAND was very short lived and much of its (the invasion's) alumnus no longer associate with being a member of that group.

It still was invaded by that region, even if the former members don't want to be associated with it.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Saddened Realizing that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse another international actor and that the natives have no ability to take control of the region been denied reentry to the region; Lets not back-pat poor actors.

I'm just stating facts, Capt. Woodhouse did refound it and the natives have no ability to regain their region. Don't know what's so bad about it.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Seeing that the purpose of this resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose in keeping a liberation in effect when there is no chance that the natives can regain their former region; This just needs to be reworded. The language is too harsh and it may dissuade members from voting for Liberations in the future.

I don't think it's harsh, it's being realistic. The resolution was ineffective and there's no purpose in keeping a useless resolution.

Benevolent Thomas wrote:Wishing that future liberations are effective in combating occupation from raiders;
Seeking to remove redundancies from the books of the World Assembly;

To respond to your "dissuade" line, that's why I added that line.
I don't use NS stats

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Fair enough.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Midnight Indo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Midnight Indo » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

It would be nice to see this piece of law wiped off the books. Finally.

Unfortunately, I have doubt in this proposal.
Sertor Valentinus, patriarch of House Valentinus, Tsar of the Southi Northi, King of the Peninsulans, and Elder of the Midnight.

La Navasse
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby La Navasse » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:05 pm

Being the author of this proposal, the sooner this proposal is wiped off the books, the more likely I'll have a peaceful retirement from NationStates - having this resolution put to my name is, nowadays, simply embarrassing. I wish not to have a piece of my nativity stagnate and age into an resolution that no one wishes to repeal, for a piece of my infamous legacy would always be left behind...
Nation name permanently retired; now Caspian Settlement (Cassett).
Discord: Cassett#0940 | A Proud Patriotic Pacifican. | Seasoned WA Author. | GP Alignment: 2, 19
Things About Gameplay: Forum Thread | Dispatches

A problem like Maria
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby A problem like Maria » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:20 pm

La Navasse wrote: having this resolution put to my name is, nowadays, simply embarrassing.

Last I heard, your name was still Mud. This latest stunt is unlikely to result in a change to Rose, much less make my moldy skylight disappear.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Potential edits with some thoughts off the top of my head.

Largely worthless. Style quibbling, a transparent attempt to spare a defunct raider org's fee fees, Latin misuse and a juvenile potshot—all delivered after the proposal was submitted.
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Saddened Realizing that the region was refounded by Captain Woodhouse another international actor and that the natives have no ability to take control of the region been denied reentry to the region; Lets not back-pat poor actors.

A super popular Commended player digs my act so much that shortly after I made my first post in this thread, he asked me on Discord to do him a favor and post more on the forums. He said he missed my snark.

A couple weeks before the super popular Commended player asked me to post more on the forums, he said, “Woodhouse's writing style is my favorite on the NS forum.”

Theatre is subjective. Can’t please all the critics.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:09 am

A problem like Maria wrote:A super popular Commended player

You remember incorrectly. People voted against BT's Commendation twice.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:58 am

Tinhampton wrote:
A problem like Maria wrote:A super popular Commended player

You remember incorrectly. People voted against BT's Commendation twice.

I don't think he is talking about me.

Oresland
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oresland » Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:37 am

OOC: I was impacted by hurricane Maria, so I've been left without telecommunications. When this is resolved I'll come back to re-draft this. This'll be abandoned for the time being.
I don't use NS stats

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council