NATION

PASSWORD

[ON HOLD] Commend Funkadelia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cheeksam
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Cheeksam » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:34 am

its been submitted

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:39 am

The North Polish Union wrote:
Description: The Security Council,

NOTING that Funkadelia is currently the sitting World Assembly Delegate of Lazarus and has acted as Lazarus' WA Delegate on multiple occasions dating back over a period of 3 years, as well as having assisted in maintaining the security of that region on a number of distinct occasions;

APPLAUDING Funkadelia's actions in the Lazarene Underground State, which ultimately restored Lazarus' rightful government after a 2015 coup by Stujenske;

ALSO APPLAUDING Funkadelia's timely response in July 2017 to an attempted overthrow of Lazarus' government and the removal of those rebelling elements from the Lazarene government;

GRATEFUL for Funkadelia's continued dedication to the oldest and most respected members of the Lazarene community during his current term of office, including the choice of Killer Kitty (a nation which was commended by this body as Evil Wolf in S.C. Res. № 169) as a high-ranking officer in his government;

AFFIRMS Funkadelia's efforts to maintain high levels of activity in Lazarus, which include the creation of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus and its accompanying governmental and constitutional framework;

NOTING that in addition to serving Lazarus, Funkadelia has made significant contributions to the legislation of this august body through the authorship of two Security Council Resolutions, S.C. Res. № 161 and S.C. Res. № 182;

COGNIZANT that Funkadelia has also served the international community of regions through membership in the leadership of the now-defunct Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), an interregional defender organization of which they were the last Chancellor;

PLEASED by Funkadelia's significant contributions to Taijitu, having variously served that region since 2012 as a Cabinet Member, World Assembly Delegate, Senator, and Citizen-Diplomat;

BELIEVING that nations which serve both their varied regional communities and the wider global community in such a way merit international recognition;

THIS BODY does hereby Commend Funkadelia.

NOTING that Funkadelia is currently the sitting World Assembly Delegate of Lazarus;

FURTHER NOTING that Funkadelia has acted as Lazarus' WA Delegate on multiple occasions dating back over a period of 3 years, and has assisted in maintaining the security of that region on a number of distinct occasions;

APPLAUDING Funkadelia's actions in the Lazarene Underground State, which ultimately restored Lazarus' rightful government after a 2015 coup by Stujenske;

ALSO APPLAUDING Funkadelia's timely response in July 2017 to an attempted overthrow of Lazarus' government and the removal of those rebelling elements from the Lazarene government;

GRATEFUL for Funkadelia's continued dedication to the oldest and most respected members of the Lazarene community during his current term of office, including the choice of Killer Kitty (a nation which was commended by this body as Evil Wolf in S.C. Res. № 169) as a high-ranking officer in his government;

AFFIRMS Funkadelia's efforts to maintain high levels of activity in Lazarus, which include the creation of the Undead Dominion of Lazarus and its accompanying governmental and constitutional framework;

NOTING that in addition to serving Lazarus, Funkadelia has made significant contributions to the legislation of this august body through the authorship of two Security Council Resolutions, S.C. Res. № 161 and S.C. Res. № 182;

COGNIZANT that Funkadelia has also served the international community of regions through membership in the leadership of the now-defunct Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA), an interregional defender organization of which they were the last Chancellor;

BELIEVING that nations which serve both their regional communities and the wider global community in such a way merit international recognition;

NOTING that Funkadelia is currently the sitting World Assembly Delegate of Lazarus;

FURTHER NOTING that Funkadelia has acted as Lazarus' WA Delegate on multiple occasions dating back over a period of 3 years, and has assisted in maintaining the security of that region on a number of distinct occasions;

BELIEVING that nations which serve both their varied regional communities and the wider global community in such a way merit international recognition;

Constructive criticism is welcome. If there's anything I left out by accident let me know.

EDIT: Fixed an R4 violation

He is much more worthy of a Condemnation than a Commendation.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
-snip-

Cesnica, not a mod here, but can you please stop quoting entire OPs of posts?
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

The North Polish Union
Senator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:33 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:

Constructive criticism is welcome. If there's anything I left out by accident let me know.

Thanks for your feedback. It has been noted

EDIT:
I'm temporarily pulling this proposal since the unicode got fucked up
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:59 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:I'm temporarily pulling this proposal since the unicode got fucked up

Doesn't appear to have been yanked yet. Maybe it was the conversion of the into №? You could just use "No." instead.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading Possession by A.S. Byatt

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:09 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:I'm temporarily pulling this proposal since the unicode got fucked up

Doesn't appear to have been yanked yet. Maybe it was the conversion of the into №? You could just use "No." instead.

Yeah, I filed a GHR and the mods told me that now authors are able to pull their own proposals. Its gone now. The newfangled toys you young kids get these days amaze me... :P

The "№" was what screwed it up. I didn't think it'd be a problem because its fairly common in Central Europe (I think the Russians introduced it during communism) and I like the way it looks, but apparently its not supported.
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

POLAND
STRONG!

Pergamon
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Pergamon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:02 am

There is not single reason that this nation should be commended.
PACIFICA STAND STRONG

Senator Emeritus of The Pacific - Ret. Regent of the New Pacific Order

"The only war that matters is the war of the Feederite Class against the Userite. UCR Organizations and Cabals that befoul GCR with their presence, disguised as ruling elite within them, must be removed and their power must be broken. This is the ultimate imperative of the Revolutionaries true to the GCR and the Pacifics, which have nothing to lose but the chains from Userite oppression."

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:05 am

I will help you condemn this nation, if possible.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:39 am

Aaaand we're away again!

Resubmitted.

EDIT: And its gone again. R4 violations in one clause. Maybe someday this'll stay submitted for more than an hour. :(

EDIT 2: And back again
Last edited by The North Polish Union on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

POLAND
STRONG!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:42 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Aaaand we're away again!

Resubmitted.

And yanked for the usage of "His" (voluntarily by yourself, of course. See Illegal SC Proposals thread for those observers who haven't a clue about what I'm referring to).
Seconds ago: The Tripartite Archduchy of The North Polish Union withdrew a proposal from the WA Security Council titled "Commend Funkadelia".
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading Possession by A.S. Byatt

The Glorious Hypetrain
Attaché

Founded: Nov 02, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Glorious Hypetrain » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Thanks for fixing that R4. However, inheritedly against commending on all grounds.
Kade W. Vasentius
When All Else Fails - Radio Works!
World Assembly Delegate, The Union of Democratic States
https://forum.theuds.org

Reploid Productions wrote:
Ozmenistan wrote:Wait, is this some RP or what? Or does everyone take NSG this seriously?

NSG is super srs biz. ... Apparently, so is NSGP, based on my current stalking of the GP forum.Though NSG and NSGP seem to have a real thing for repeated blunt force applied to long-deceased equines, so I guess they got that in common.
36 Camera Perspective";p="p33119611 wrote:The resignation of Pro Life-2017 from the World Assembly is an unspeakable tragedy that will be mourned perpetually throughout the annals of history.

Moctezuma
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Moctezuma » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:35 pm

I'm against a commendation, specially since Sejny isn't using their Lazarus nation for it.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:23 pm

In the interest of transparency, I will spoiler the telegram sent to several delegates including me:

Hey, I'm The North Polish Union, author of a WA Security Council proposal to Commend Funkadelia.

Funk is the current WA Delegate of Lazarus and has made significant contributions to that region and others. Because of this, I believe that he's deserving of international recognition and I need your support to achieve that.

I'd really appreciate it if you'd follow this link and approve the proposal so we can Commend Funkadelia.

If you want, you can read more about this proposal in this forum thread.

Thanks!

-NPU
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:47 am

Pergamon wrote:There is not single reason that this nation should be commended.

Is the NPO still bitter that he won? You know, when you pulled that big NLO mess.

Alistia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Alistia » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:45 pm

NOTING that Funkadelia is currently the sitting World Assembly Delegate of Lazarus and has acted as Lazarus' WA Delegate on multiple occasions dating back over a period of 3 years, as well as having assisted in maintaining the security of that region on a number of distinct occasions;

GRATEFUL for Funkadelia's continued dedication to the oldest and most respected members of the Lazarene community during their current term of office, including the choice of Killer Kitty (a nation which was commended by this body as Evil Wolf in S.C. Res. Nr. 169) as a high-ranking officer in the government;

NOTING that in addition to serving Lazarus, Funkadelia has made significant contributions to the legislation of this august body through the authorship of two Security Council Resolutions, S.C. Res. Nr. 161 and S.C. Res. Nr. 182;

PLEASED by Funkadelia's significant contributions to Taijitu, having variously served that region since 2012 as a Cabinet Member, World Assembly Delegate, Senator, and Citizen-Diplomat;

BELIEVING that nations which serve both their regional communities and the wider global community in such a way merit international recognition;

Funk does not in any way deserve this, this proposal is a mock of the WA as a whole and i will not stand for it!

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:51 pm

Don't believe everything the Resistance tells you... ;)

POLAND
STRONG!

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:38 pm

The North Polish Union wrote:Don't believe everything the Resistance tells you... ;)

Go on, spill the beans then. Why is the resistance lying?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:43 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Don't believe everything the Resistance tells you... ;)

Go on, spill the beans then. Why is the resistance lying?

Go read any of the Laz threads in GP

POLAND
STRONG!

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:50 pm

Like the part where the Triumvirate around Funk keep using select snippets as some sort of self-evident "proof" while the resistance has simply released the full logs in their entirety, having nothing to hide?
NationStates Administrator

Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:57 pm

Roavin wrote:Like the part where the Triumvirate around Funk keep using select snippets as some sort of self-evident "proof" while the resistance has simply released the full logs in their entirety, having nothing to hide?

Oh yeah, the select snippets where the "Resistance" literally admits they'll try a coup?

Yeah, those parts.

POLAND
STRONG!

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:35 am

Roavin wrote:Like the part where the Triumvirate around Funk keep using select snippets as some sort of self-evident "proof" while the resistance has simply released the full logs in their entirety, having nothing to hide?

Oh yeah, the select snippets where the "Resistance" literally admits they'll try a coup?

Yeah, those parts.

I mean it was blatantly obvious Evil Wolf was manipulating logs, but ok. :p

The North Polish Union
Senator

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:29 pm

My TG campaign is still ongoing but at this point it looks like we'll fail to reach quorum. As such, I think I'll probably leave this for several months and revisit it then.

In the unlikely event it does get to vote I'll be very happy though. :P

Consular wrote:
The North Polish Union wrote:Oh yeah, the select snippets where the "Resistance" literally admits they'll try a coup?

Yeah, those parts.

I mean it was blatantly obvious Evil Wolf was manipulating logs, but ok. :p

Then go read the unmanipulated logs. The substance doesn't change that much :P

POLAND
STRONG!

Roavin
Admin

Founded: Apr 07, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Roavin » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:37 am

The North Polish Union wrote:My TG campaign is still ongoing but at this point it looks like we'll fail to reach quorum.

Good.

Consular wrote:I mean it was blatantly obvious Evil Wolf was manipulating logs, but ok. :p

Then go read the unmanipulated logs. The substance doesn't change that much :P

I absolutely do encourage you to read the full transcript! It contains plenty of stupid, embarassing, and controversial stuff, and most of all it contains ......... a lack of intent to coup. Whoops.

Seriously. The Triumvirate always passes around select snippets. The resistance released the full thing going "here, look for yourself". It couldn't be more obvious.
Last edited by Roavin on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NationStates Administrator

Helpful Resources: One Stop Rules Shop | API documentation | NS Coders Discord

Aeryis
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 10, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aeryis » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:38 am

Is this resolution still being drafted?
audentis Fortuna iuvat

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:37 am

Aeryis wrote:Is this resolution still being drafted?

Not for another few months, although I'll let NPU speak for himself.
The North Polish Union wrote:My TG campaign is still ongoing but at this point it looks like we'll fail to reach quorum. As such, I think I'll probably leave this for several months and revisit it then.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council