NATION

PASSWORD

[withdrawn] Commend Onder Kelkia

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
The President of Avalon
Secretary

Founded: Jun 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

[withdrawn] Commend Onder Kelkia

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:07 pm

The Security Council,

Amazed with The Empire of OndeKelkia's dedication to the ancient region of LKE (The Land of Kings and Emperors) and this nation's glowing record as a judge on Europeia's High Court .

Applauding that The Empire of OnderKelkia has been a member of NationStates for nearly twelve years and has been a steadfast advocate for Monarchism and the Independent ideology.

Acknowledging that The Empire of OnderKelkia has been Emperor of The Land of Kings and Emperors for about eight years, making The Empire of OnderKelkia the longest reigning Emperor in LKE history.

Impressed that The Empire of OnderKelkia has used The Land of Kings and Emperors for the betterment of NationStates as a whole.

Believing that The Empire of OnderKelkia deserves to be commended for hard work and dedication towards NationStates.

Hereby commends The Empire of OnderKelkia.
Last edited by The President of Avalon on Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:21 am, edited 7 times in total.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:23 pm

I'd read the SC rules if I were you, most notably rule 4...just a tip :)
Your proposal is illegal as it stands now.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:33 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:The Security Council,

Amazed with The Empire of Onder Kelkia's dedication to the ancient region of LKE (The Land of Kings and Emperor's) and his glowing record as a judge on Europeia's High Court .

Applauding that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has been a member of NationStates for nearly twelve years and has been a steadfast advocate for Monarchism and the Independent ideology.

Acknowledging that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has been Emperor of The Land of Kings and Emperor's for about eight years, making The Empire of Onder Kelkia the longest reigning Emperor in history.

Impressed that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has used The Land of Kings and Emperor's for the betterment of NationStates as a whole.

Believing that The Empire of Onder Kelkia deserves to be commended for hard work and dedication towards NationStates.

Hereby commends The Empire of Onder Kelkia.

I edited. Would the part referring to his reign be a violation?

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:36 pm

You need to write proposals as if your nominee is indeed a nation, so no "his" or "him" when referring to the nominee.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:40 pm

Amazed with The Empire of Onder Kelkia's dedication to the ancient region of LKE (The Land of Kings and Emperor's) and this nations glowing record as a judge on Europeia's High Court .

Applauding that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has been a member of NationStates for nearly twelve years and has been a steadfast advocate for Monarchism and the Independent ideology.

Acknowledging that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has been Emperor of The Land of Kings and Emperor's for about eight years, making The Empire of Onder Kelkia the longest reigning Emperor in history.

Impressed that The Empire of Onder Kelkia has used The Land of Kings and Emperor's for the betterment of NationStates as a whole.

Believing that The Empire of Onder Kelkia deserves to be commended for hard work and dedication towards NationStates.

Hereby commends The Empire of Onder Kelkia.

Okay. I tookout the "his" on the glowing record line. Is there anything else? I made sure I put in the entire nation name.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:42 pm

No such nation as Onder Kelkia.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:45 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:No such nation as Onder Kelkia.

Erm... yes, there is!
OP: You can just use
Onder Kelkia
instead, and it would display the full nation name plus the flag.

Anyway, you need more details. Consider doing some research on Onder - they're the Statsminister of Balder with the very nation your Commendation is aimed at!
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:50 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:No such nation as Onder Kelkia.

Erm... yes, there is!
Onder Kelkia

Anyway, you need more details. Consider doing some research on Onder - they're the Statsminister of Balder with the very nation your Commendation is aimed at!

Very good, but the "author" I believe is taking about Onderkelkia.

Anyway this is a poorly researched attempt at a Commendation and has about as much chance of suceeding in its present form as one of your attempts i.e. zero.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:52 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Tinhampton wrote:Erm... yes, there is!
Onder Kelkia

Very good, but the "author" I believe is taking about Onderkelkia.

Anyway this is a poorly researched attempt at a Commendation and has about as much chance of suceeding in its present form as one of your attempts i.e. zero.

I am referring to the one you linked to. I will edit that.

Okay I edited the name so it reads right.
Last edited by The President of Avalon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:59 pm

Any other thoughts?

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:03 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:Any other thoughts?

Do not submit this yet. Wait for the reactions of others (and actually respond - don't slack about ignoring your draft). You should leave at least a good few weeks until submission.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading One Summer: America 1927 by Bill Bryson

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:04 pm

Tinhampton wrote:
The President of Avalon wrote:Any other thoughts?

Do not submit this yet. Wait for the reactions of others (and actually respond - don't slack about ignoring your draft). You should leave at least a good few weeks until submission.

Okay.
Last edited by The President of Avalon on Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Amazed with The Empire of OndeKelkia's dedication to the ancient region of LKE (The Land of Kings and Emperor's) and this nation's glowing record as a judge on Europeia's High Court .

Yeah, lack of an apostrophe - corrected.

The President of Avalon wrote:Applauding that The Empire of OnderKelkia has been a member of NationStates for nearly twelve years and has been a steadfast advocate for Monarchism and the Independent ideology.

I've been here nearly 14 years, where's my Commendation? Length of time in the game is not commendable.

The President of Avalon wrote:Acknowledging that The Empire of OnderKelkia has been Emperor of The Land of Kings and Emperor's for about eight years, making The Empire of OnderKelkia the longest reigning Emperor in history.

Lots of other nations have held positions of power for equal or greater times than this.

The President of Avalon wrote:Impressed that The Empire of OndeKelkia has used The Land of Kings and Emperor's for the betterment of NationStates as a whole.

Really? Prove it. Basically this statement is just flannel.

The President of Avalon wrote:Believing that The Empire of Onder Kelkia deserves to be commended for hard work and dedication towards NationStates.

More flannel.

The President of Avalon wrote:Hereby commends The Empire of Onder Kelkia.

Everything you've said is either filler or could be applied to a dozen other nations. There is no research here, I mean you couldn't even get the nominee's name right.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:20 pm

Keeping in mind this is my first time doing this... I will point out that I only got his name wrong because there was a space between "Onder" and "Kelkia". All of these things mentioned are in factually based. Of course you could state that the "betterment" part is flannel but I'm sure out of all the SC resolutions written that you could find a section in there and call it flannel. Other than that it is factually based. I should clarify that I meant nthe longest serving Emperor in LKE history not the entire game. I will fix that.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:21 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:snip

You missed out that "Emperor's" was spelt with an apostrophe, rather than without as it should be.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:26 pm

I edited the "Emperor's" .

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:30 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:Keeping in mind this is my first time doing this... I will point out that I only got his name wrong because there was a space between "Onder" and "Kelkia". All of these things mentioned are in factually based. Of course you could state that the "betterment" part is flannel but I'm sure out of all the SC resolutions written that you could find a section in there and call it flannel. Other than that it is factually based. I should clarify that I meant nthe longest serving Emperor in LKE history not the entire game. I will fix that.

What you should be doing is looking at other Commendations and understanding the level of detail required. This draft is nowhere near the necessary standard. Onder, I'm sure, has done a lot more in this game than you've described. What you have to do is a bit of digging, a bit of hard yakka and get those facts into this draft.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:32 pm

Let me go get him and see if he can give input. He will be stunned he has a commendation being named for him.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:34 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:Let me go get him and see if he can give input. He will be stunned he has a commendation being named for him.

Somehow I doubt that.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:37 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
The President of Avalon wrote:Let me go get him and see if he can give input. He will be stunned he has a commendation being named for him.

Somehow I doubt that.

Do you know who he is?

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:46 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:Somehow I doubt that.

Do you know who he is?

I have a feeling that a Guardian of The West Pacific knows who the macdaddy of imperialism is.

The nations that have posted here are correct, you are going to need more information if you wish to see Onder commended. The good news is that there is a list of accomplishments under Onder's belt for you to highlight, you just need to share them with the world. Of course, painting these accomplishments in a way to convince people that Onder's had a positive effect on NS beyond his political block may be a bit of a challenge.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Political block?

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:01 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:Political block?

You really don't understand NS politics, do you.
See You Space Cowboy...

The President of Avalon
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The President of Avalon » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:20 pm

Drasnia wrote:
The President of Avalon wrote:Political block?

You really don't understand NS politics, do you.

I just don't specifically understand by what he means by political block in regards to the person who we are talking about.

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:27 pm

The President of Avalon wrote:Impressed that The Empire of OnderKelkia has used The Land of Kings and Emperors for the betterment of NationStates as a whole.

Lol.

Anyway. If you need a list of Onderkelkia's positions and achievements and such, just look at his signature on any offsite forum. He tends to list all his ridiculous titles there.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council