NATION

PASSWORD

SC Questions & Answers

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat
 
Posts: 530
Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:32 am

Traden wrote:Also, can you help me on this resolution:

You should make a new topic for drafting resolutions.

I will say however, CTE'ing is not a good reason to repeal a c/c, the resolution should stand as a reminder for the future.

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 996
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:33 am

Traden wrote:Also, can you help me on this resolution:

The World Assembly,

Noting that Security Council Resolution 31 was passed during 2010,

Discovering that the nation condemned by this resolution has ceased to exist,

Summarizing that this resolution can no longer be continued due to the ultimate destruction of the condemned nation,

Hereby repeals "Condemn Der Fuhrer Dyszel".

Ceasing to exist is not a good enough reason to repeal a C/C.
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
Traden
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:34 am

Jedinsto wrote:
Traden wrote:Also, can you help me on this resolution:

The World Assembly,

Noting that Security Council Resolution 31 was passed during 2010,

Discovering that the nation condemned by this resolution has ceased to exist,

Summarizing that this resolution can no longer be continued due to the ultimate destruction of the condemned nation,

Hereby repeals "Condemn Der Fuhrer Dyszel".

Post this as a draft in a separate thread... or don't because this is gonna get a big shitstorm in its direction. Ceasing to exist is not a reason to lose a badge.


For a nation that can't even display a badge due to it being impossible to restore?
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

User avatar
Traden
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 am

Comfed wrote:
Traden wrote:Also, can you help me on this resolution:

The World Assembly,

Noting that Security Council Resolution 31 was passed during 2010,

Discovering that the nation condemned by this resolution has ceased to exist,

Summarizing that this resolution can no longer be continued due to the ultimate destruction of the condemned nation,

Hereby repeals "Condemn Der Fuhrer Dyszel".

Ceasing to exist is not a good enough reason to repeal a C/C.


It can no longer be restored...
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

User avatar
Comfed
Diplomat
 
Posts: 996
Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:35 am

Traden wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:Post this as a draft in a separate thread... or don't because this is gonna get a big shitstorm in its direction. Ceasing to exist is not a reason to lose a badge.


For a nation that can't even display a badge due to it being impossible to restore?

That doesn’t mean that the events referenced in the resolution didn’t happen. The C/C is not all about the shiny badge.
Mall:
Best part about being a mod was engaging in normal player behavior and getting accused of abuse
"You think this is abuse? I'll SHOW you abuse."
Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:In the liberal justice system, raiding-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In The South Pacific, the dedicated defenders who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as the Council on Regional Security. These are their proscriptions. DUN DUN.

Numero Capitan wrote:I haven't bothered reading back but I can unequivocally say that I agree with everything HEM has said and Unibot is wrong

Put this in your sig if you passed biology and know that gender and sex are not the same thing.

User avatar
Traden
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:37 am

Comfed wrote:
Traden wrote:
For a nation that can't even display a badge due to it being impossible to restore?

That doesn’t mean that the events referenced in the resolution didn’t happen. The C/C is not all about the shiny badge.


You're right. Instead, its also about if the nation ceased to exist or not.
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

User avatar
Lenlyvit
Diplomat
 
Posts: 978
Founded: Feb 13, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lenlyvit » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:54 am

This is the SC questions and answers thread, not a thread to debate the validity of a proposal or to draft a proposal :roll:
Former Defender, now role play Imperialist.


It's okay, I've been commended by the Security Council so you can trust me. Author of 17 Security Council Resolutions.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8517
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:38 am

Traden's assertation that the player behind DFD cannot revive her nation simply because she allowed it to cease to exist while Condemned is - as far as I know - untrue. Blackhelm Confederacy, whose badge has also been targeted by another nation with an animal GIF flag, has been refounded at least once while being Condemned.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading The Origins of Totalitarianism by Hannah Arendt


"Katy Bourne, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Sussex, is the lead for stalking in Wales and England. She is also a victim of stalking."

User avatar
Jedinsto
Diplomat
 
Posts: 714
Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Jedinsto » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:39 am

Tinhampton wrote:Traden's assertation that the player behind DFD cannot revive her nation simply because she allowed it to cease to exist while Condemned is - as far as I know - untrue. Blackhelm Confederacy, whose badge has also been targeted by another nation with an animal GIF flag, has been refounded at least once while being Condemned.

I believe you are correct. There is a difference between a name being reserved and a nation being lost. The only way to completely lose a nation is to have it deleted or retired iirc.
Last edited by Jedinsto on Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
James DuBois

Working on- Repeal: International Salvage Laws
Stay tuned

Authorships- GA#555 and GA#558

(As of June 24)

User avatar
Traden
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 394
Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Traden » Wed May 05, 2021 8:23 am

How do I use the [resolution][/resolution] command?
Current Member of SPSF (Tidal Force)

User avatar
Debussy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 131
Founded: Jun 19, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Debussy » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:29 pm

Can you roughly copy text from old proposals that never went to vote and whose owners have CTE or is that considered plagiarism?

User avatar
Tinhampton
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8517
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:32 pm

Debussy wrote:or is that considered plagiarism?

Yes, in the (generally exceedingly likely) event that you do not have permission from those CTEd individuals to do so.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading The Origins of Totalitarianism by Hannah Arendt


"Katy Bourne, the Police and Crime Commissioner for Sussex, is the lead for stalking in Wales and England. She is also a victim of stalking."

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads