NATION

PASSWORD

[EDITED] Commend Brunhizzle

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Indo-Malaysia
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Indo-Malaysia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:06 am

LollerLand wrote:
Sygian II wrote:This is a great point.

Until the said organization is actually condemned this is not really a great point. Anybody can bring up a proposal for condemnation and get few approvals from small delegates with a telegram campaign but all of it doesn't mean anything until the said proposal is passed and it really has no chance of passing.

I wouldn't say 71 is a few.

Also, a TNP nation named The Northern Light (Or something like that) essentially controls the WA, as that nations creates propaganda dispatches. When some other nation tried to condemn CAIN, that proposal had some really good points disproving CAINs, but TNL just spurted out the same points that were being constantly proven false just to get something to fail in TNLs favour.
Tsar of the Order of the Southern North.
The Midnight Order guy

Winner of the Best Delegate of Warzone Africa award

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:15 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:The Northern Light ... essentially controls the WA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

You mean to tell me that the TNP information puppet 'controls' the WA? What? Did every other region suddenly cease to exist? Oh crap, it turns out that every nation in NS is actually a puppet of The Northern Light! In fact, maybe other information centres don't exist, like Europeia's Broadcasting Corporation or Europe's InfoEurope!

If you think that sending campaigns and counter-campaigns is indicative of control of the WA, I really don't think you know how the WA works. Literally anyone can send counter-campaigns. What you're complaining about isn't 'propaganda'. You're complaining about the fact that people can hear voices other than yours.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:19 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Indo-Malaysia wrote:The Northern Light ... essentially controls the WA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

You mean to tell me that the TNP information puppet 'controls' the WA? What? Did every other region suddenly cease to exist? Oh crap, it turns out that every nation in NS is actually a puppet of The Northern Light! In fact, maybe other information centres don't exist, like Europeia's Broadcasting Corporation or Europe's InfoEurope!

If you think that sending campaigns and counter-campaigns is indicative of control of the WA, I really don't think you know how the WA works. Literally anyone can send counter-campaigns. What you're complaining about isn't 'propaganda'. You're complaining about the fact that people can hear voices other than yours.

What would you know? You're obviously a puppet of The northern light!
terrible takes plz ignore

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:26 am

Also, 71 delegates of what, 1600 delegates? 6 per cent is quite a few. In the UK, there are millions of voters. But a few hundred signatures of your petition is still going to be few, simply because proportions exist.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Darcania
Envoy

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Darcania » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:02 am

Kitzerland wrote:What would you know? You're obviously a puppet of The northern light!

It's actually The Northern Light now, we changed it :)

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:12 am

According to past rulings, doesn't the author have to explain [in the text] what "the Ideology of Nazism" to which they refer means in the context of Nationstates?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:18 am

Darcania wrote:
Kitzerland wrote:What would you know? You're obviously a puppet of The northern light!

It's actually The Northern Light now, we changed it :)

Oh, that's good. WAIT! That must be why Max allowed recapitalization! He's secretly TNL!
terrible takes plz ignore

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:27 pm

LollerLand wrote:
Sygian II wrote:This is a great point.

Until the said organization is actually condemned this is not really a great point. Anybody can bring up a proposal for condemnation and get few approvals from small delegates with a telegram campaign but all of it doesn't mean anything until the said proposal is passed and it really has no chance of passing.

It can't pass because the members of CAIN themselves have the numbers to prevent it from passing. That doesn't mean it's not a good proposal.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Noting Brunhilde’s contribution to suppressing Nazism by creating CAIN, The Coalition Against the Ideology of Nazism, a coalition involving 25 signatory regions, and appreciating the work that Brunhilde has put forth to maintain CAIN operations;

Correct me if I'm wrong but.. R4(d) violation?
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Council Advisor of The Black Hawks

Drasnia
Minister

Founded: Feb 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Drasnia » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:46 pm

I'd hardly consider a person whose only achievement has been to organize a large but controversial organization worthy of a commendation. Against both in execution and in concept.
See You Space Cowboy...

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:31 pm

This proposal says quite a bit, but tells me practically nothing.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Aexnidaral
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Aexnidaral » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:15 pm

Yay, Brun! :hug:
Former lots of things in many places.

He/Him/His || Gay Neoliberal Shill || Queer || Garbage Reclamation Advocate || Dial-Up White Noise Machine

Far less interesting than people would have you believe.

Ascian Role Play Nation.

No Discord, please contact me by Telegram!

Svarttjern
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 29, 2006
Father Knows Best State

Postby Svarttjern » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:45 am

Needless to say against this very blatant example of self congratulations.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 am

Rule 2 requires that you provide a unique and relevant argument to support your proposal. Your proposal provides plenty of reasons to commend "Brunhilde", yet none to commend the actual nominee "Brunhizzle". You need to clearly state in the text that Brunhizzle is Brunhilde if that is the name you wish to use to refer to them in your argument. The proposal has been removed from the queue.

Kowassati
Civil Servant

Founded: May 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kowassati » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:03 am

Sigh. Anything else!?

Supreme Meme
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Supreme Meme » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

Indo-Malaysia wrote:I do not support this. I believe Brunhilde and the Organisation should be instead condemned for libel performed towards many regions, driving off nations. CAIN is just a tool used by large regions to justify raids and to increase recruitment. Someone explain why CAIN keeps trying to raid Feminist regions.

I agree with you. A lot of innocent regions are labeled as Nazi regions for no reason.
Last edited by Supreme Meme on Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:06 am

Kowassati wrote:Sigh. Anything else!?

It may not be the best idea after all. I would definitely vote for in the future if she actually did something commendable, specifically regarding CAIN, but so far it's not much.

Also thanks Sedge for pointing that out, I never would have seen that tbh. :P
Benevolent Thomas wrote:The Black Hawks continue to be the largest and most successful invader organization in NationStates

Maj. Sygian

Sygian II
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Sygian II » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:13 am

I mean think about it. R3n is just now getting commended for a shipload of things, and yes, they are all commendable. Commending Brunhilde would put them on the same status, the same level, in the WA/SC, and in my opinion r3n and anyone else that has been commended wouldn't have much value to their commendation if this passed, because we'd be comparing them to the leader of a controversial organization that has hardly accomplished anything besides conquering the front page of gameplay.

Now of course, this would actually pass, thanks to the super-delegates. Instead of listening to the critiques and opinions of others regarding the controversy and irrelevance of this proposal, you insist on depending on the GCR delegates to pass it for you. Badge hunting isn't cool. :P

Maj. Sygian

Brunhizzle
Envoy

Founded: Jan 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Brunhizzle » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:37 pm

I appreciate the effort you've put into this and I'm touched that you would try to put this out there.

That said, I still have work that I want to do before I'll believe that I deserve a commendation. If it were to pass as it is now, it'd be doing so not because of my efforts but because of my relationships. I don't want to be commended for being friendly. I would like for you to hold off until I've put in the work necessary to deserve such an honor.
Brunhilde

"I have three children and if I can raise just one of them to be more like Brunhilde and less like Sygian I'll consider myself a successful parent."
-Scardino

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:37 am

Brunhizzle wrote:

I appreciate the effort you've put into this and I'm touched that you would try to put this out there.

That said, I still have work that I want to do before I'll believe that I deserve a commendation. If it were to pass as it is now, it'd be doing so not because of my efforts but because of my relationships. I don't want to be commended for being friendly. I would like for you to hold off until I've put in the work necessary to deserve such an honor.

A commendable action in of its self.
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council