NATION

PASSWORD

Condemn

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Island of Govia
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Condemn

Postby Island of Govia » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:20 pm

Please help me with my Condemnation of the Psychotic Dictatorships region.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:26 pm

You're going to have to write some details of your own, or perhaps explain why you would like the region condemned. This isn't a place for us to write your proposals for you, so you're gonna have to give us something to work with in terms of advising you. I'd love to help you out in terms of tips, but as said you'll need something on paper first. I'd really recommend reading over the Guide to the SC as well as the SC Rules to make sure you right a handy bill as well! :)
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:52 pm

Text in question:

Condemn Psychotic Dictatorships
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.
Category: Condemnation
Nominee: Psychotic Dictatorships
Proposed by: Island of Govia
The Psychotic Dictatorships region has expressed their hostile attitude towards the World Assembly and democratic nations across the world, they degrade and destroy any shred of freedom and human rights every chance they can. Their complete disregard and mocking of basic human rights is made public and they make no attempt to hide their atrocities. They are a threat to global peace and security and must be stopped immediately, therefore the World Assembly hereby condemns the Psychotic Dictatorships region.
Approvals: 1 (Bigginsia)
Voting Ends: in 3 days 1 hour

First of all, you should write the resolution HERE before you send it off to the proposal list, so we can criticize it. By the look of it, it's illegal for being blogette, and there is no active clause. Also concern for ideological ban.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:39 pm

Ah, I hadn't checked the Security Council proposals area, my bad. As Atlae Isles said, you might want to actually draft the proposal in here first, so as to allow us to tear it apart help you improve it.

In regards to the SC Proposal:

The Psychotic Dictatorships region has expressed their hostile attitude towards the World Assembly and democratic nations across the world, they degrade and destroy any shred of freedom and human rights every chance they can. Their complete disregard and mocking of basic human rights is made public and they make no attempt to hide their atrocities. They are a threat to global peace and security and must be stopped immediately, therefore the World Assembly hereby condemns the Psychotic Dictatorships region.

You're going to want to organize this a bit better, and actually include some clauses for the resolution rather than one big wordbox. For example:

The Security Council,

Recognizing that the region of Psychotic Dictatorships has expressed hostile attitudes towards both The World Assembly as well as democratic nations,

Expressing Concern at the fact that Psychotic Dictatorships works to subvert any shred of human rights and personal freedoms in every chance it can,

Appalled By the region's public mockery and disregard for basic human rights,

Understanding that such a region is a threat to global peace and security,

Hereby Condemns Psychotic Dictatorships

While it's still missing the requisite amount of content really needed to make it a workable draft, that format is the kind of stuff you're going to want to be going for when you're writing your proposal. I'd strongly recommend also reading over past proposals, in addition to the materials I linked earlier, for some more inspiration on writing an effective Security Proposal. Unfortunately, when it comes to this proposal, it's going to be dead in the water. I've been around quite a while, and literally had never heard of this region until I had to look it up myself. It's not an R/D power, it doesn't really seem to wield much political influence, and I struggle to see how it is at all worthy of condemnation given that the region has not, to my knowledge, done anything relevant which is worthy of such a badge.

Nonetheless, I wish you luck on your future proposals!
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 pm

You have brought up the notion of condemning Psychotic Dictatorships before, but nothing came out of that attempt. I will simply repost my explanation for why they do not deserve a condemnation:
The Marsupial Illuminati wrote:The most obvious thing to condemn them for would be their RP as evil nations. Their casual RMB role-play or any sproadic RP posts on the forum do not count. As far as I know, the only prolific role-player in Psychotic Dictatorships is Bedetopia. Because I am not a role-player, I cannot comment on the quality of Bedetopia's RP, and cannot say whether or not it is worthy of being awarded with a condemnation. However, one excellent role-player in a region is not enough to warrant a condemnation for the whole region.

The next reason to condemn them would be their excellent stats. Menta Lee-IL is an excellent issues player, currently first in the world for both Corruption and Defense Forces. He was also formerly 1st for Conservatism. Also, Bedetopia is 6th in the world for Defense Forces. However, as with the RP, these few nations in the region who are good issues players do not warrant a condemnation for the whole region. The only region that has been commended for excellent stats was Wysteria, but that region had much more than two nations that had excellent stats. Also, they did others things in addition to issues.

Next is their destruction of other regions. As far as I know, PD only targets and refounds copycat regions, which doesn't happen that often. The regions that were condemned in the past for raiding/region destruction (The Black Riders, The Black Hawks, Lone Wolves United) raided and refounded regions numbering in the hundreds, which is much more than what PD has done.

Lastly would be PD's oppressive IC government. Under this government, nations are not allowed to use certain phrases and must use certain language. Inactive nations are ejected. Not much to warrant a condemnation, honestly.

Considering the fact that Psychotic Dictatorships does not meet the threshold set by previous SC resolutions, a condemnation for them would not be appropriate right now.
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

Bedetopia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Bedetopia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:14 pm

How the hell did your proposal get at least 30 approvals without you actively campaigning? It's too short, it doesn't have enough arguments, and it doesn't follow the usual structure. It does respect the rules though, I'll have to recognize that.
Last edited by Bedetopia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Security Council