NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Europe

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:00 am

Desiring to commend your own region is not a very good reason to commend it.

You only claim that it's peaceful, democratic, and politically stable. That's not something one would commend another region for.

I see your claims as more of boasting that acknowledging a region that has devoted its efforts to helping the World Assembly and supporting other nations and regions.

110% opposed
Author of Convention on International Oil Spills, A Convention on Freshwater Shortages
Co-Author of Reducing Food Waste
Former Minister of Culture in TEP
The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:** RED FLAG ** . ** RING CHURCH BELLS ** . ** BESTIALITY ALERT ** . ** CHRISTIANS TAKE COVER **

Rovikstead
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Rovikstead » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:01 am

Regrinen wrote:Then what are actions that are commend worthy ?

No actions that you have provided are good enough to commend this region.
Author of Convention on International Oil Spills, A Convention on Freshwater Shortages
Co-Author of Reducing Food Waste
Former Minister of Culture in TEP
The Glorious Third Reign of Templedom wrote:** RED FLAG ** . ** RING CHURCH BELLS ** . ** BESTIALITY ALERT ** . ** CHRISTIANS TAKE COVER **

Fordenavia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Fordenavia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:02 am

Regrinen wrote:The security council,

Believing that europe is peaceful because of it's neutrality
Recalling that it is a democracy which is good
Realizing that peace is important because it brings stability .
Knowing that it has political stability and no opposition.

This Hereby Commends Europe

I really don't think any of these reasons is valid enough.

Democracy, peace and neutrality should be average aspects of a good country. I think we could say something like it's less authoritarian than the rest of the world (1) or it's more compassive (2) , but we also have bad points like the corruption (3) that make me feel that we're not in front of a future commended region.
Ali-Al-Hghyamir, ministry of Diplomacy and External Relations of the Provisional Government of Fordenavia

Nilla Wayfarers
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nilla Wayfarers » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:57 pm

Mondelez peeks his head at the Security Council for the first time. "I see Europe as a commendable region, given the earnest investment it has made in the World Assembly, but many elements noted in this draft don't really warrant commendation in my eyes. Yes, these are nice things, but Europe shouldn't be commended for doing things that most other regions do. I think they ought to be commended for being such a welcoming environment for World Assembly members."
Our country is the world--our countrymen are mankind.
WA Delegate for Liberationists (Ambassador Oscar Mondelez).

For: good things
Against: bad things

Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54

Want to make the WA more democratic? Show your support here.
The Greatest GA Resolution Author Ever wrote:Due to more of the Econmy using computers instead of Paper The Manufactoring for paper prducts shpuld decrease because were wasting rescources on paper ad more paper is being thrown in the trash

Previous

Return to Security Council