NATION

PASSWORD

Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 01, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:58 pm

Kalibarr wrote:I have no side on the proposal, I am defending Oh my Days who you have threatened RP wise and I am defending raider in general who you guys seem to be attacking.

Actually, you'll find that it's actually the raiders who are 'attacking'.

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:59 pm

Anemos Major wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:I have no side on the proposal, I am defending Oh my Days who you have threatened RP wise and I am defending raider in general who you guys seem to be attacking.

how, you have a password and Oh My Days has held off from extreme verbal attack, I also don't believe they are RPing with you?

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

how, you have a password and Oh My Days has held off from extreme verbal attack, I also don't believe they are RPing with you?

Oh My Days started this by attempting to open Haven's doors to an attack of annoyance.

As wide as Preston's legs- in joke for #d
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:03 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

What? We have a password because we want to keep people like Oh My Days away... besides, you'll find that it's only because of this rather pointless proposal that we're confronting him.

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

Oh My Days started this by attempting to open Haven's doors to an attack of annoyance.

So a liberation is an attack?

As wide as Preston's legs- in joke for #d[

:eyebrow:

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:06 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

No, but it opens the doors for a raid, which is certainly an attack

What part of 'in joke' did you not get? Of course, it was off topic, but I couldn't resist.
Last edited by Bavin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Anemos Major wrote:

No, but it opens the doors for a raid, which is certainly an attack

What part of 'in joke' did you not get? Of course, it was off topic, but I couldn't resist.

But he didn't actually Attack you, so your original claim is false

Animarnia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 10, 2005
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Animarnia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:08 pm

Liberation is an attack, when it attempts to forcably bring people into a part of the game they neither want nor care about purely for the pleasure of the "Liberator"...we call it rape :P
[ National Map | Regional Map | Topology Map ]
[DEFCON:1 || STRATCON:1 || TERRORALERT: Elevated]
Signitory to:: CASTLE | The Amistad Declaration | Theeb I & II | Covenant | The Deliean League

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Kalibarr, if you don't understand this already, you'd better listen up.

A LIBERATION is an action that is meant to countermand the results of a RAID and/or an INVASION. However, in this case, there has been no RAID/INVASION. Therefore, what looks like a LIBERATION has nothing to LIBERATE. Now, the fact that the OP mentioned Haven's password suggests that, therefore, he wants the password removed for some reason or another. Why would he want it removed? Because he wants to RAID Haven.

It's reverse psychology, in layman's terms.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 pm

Kalibarr wrote:But he didn't actually Attack you, so your original claim is false

Pardon the over-Middle Ages ness- does opening the doors of a castle while a battle is occurring constitute an attack? Yes, especially if it is deliberate and the people opening the doors are trying to get inside, because it causes damage to the people inside trying to ignore the battle and relying on the password, erm, doors.

Okay, not the best analogy, but you hopefully get the point.
Last edited by Bavin on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:14 pm

If you say so..

by your own definition Regions the WA has attacked:

The Land of Kings and Emperors
Europiea
The New Inquisition
Unknown
Macedon
Mencer
The Alliance of DIctators
Axis of Evil
New Earth
Nazi Europe
Regions it has Directly Attacked:

Free Thought
Utopia
Democratia
Land of The Liberals
Belgium
Feudal Japan

So the WA is supposed to promote peace , solve conflict, prevent genocide

yet it has attacked regions?

this makes no sense, how does it expect people to follow it if it attacks regions it has a disagreement with?

who it's defender manipulators have a problem with?

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 pm

Kalibarr wrote:So a liberation is an attack?

So far as the RP community is concerned? Yes. FYI, Haven is one of the community's most prominent and oldest RP regions. You'll note that when Bavin, an all around good guy but junior member of Haven, raises the issue in Technical, it's Violet that notes this issue is being watched carefully by NS' moderation and administration staff. Now, I don't claim to speak for them, I wouldn't ever dream of doing so, but it says a hell of a lot when the Big Boss comments concerning a complaint about, and possible fixes for, gameplay by a junior member of a region that has never been involved in gameplay.

Preston is Haven's resident RP bitch. He has historically been set upon with frightening regularity. If you want to see how we do liberations, witness the many such liberations of Preston.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm

I'd rather not get too involved on any side here, as this debate has become an amazing quagmire, however I would like to point out a few technical details:

As the members of Haven themselves have pointed out, R/D and RP are entirely different things. They don't mix unless they are forced to mix (which usually results in RP being screwed up). Initiating an RP'ed war based on something that happens in the SC, the gameplay-oriented area of the World Assembly, usually doesn't work. Also, if the region Haven is attempting to "attack" Nazi Europe via RP and Nazi Europe does not accept this attack, then Haven technically cannot attack Nazi Europe.

There are also few things more incredibly annoying than seeing an RP'ed war on an RMB, especially when said RP'ed war is not accepted by all the nations on either side of the "battle." I've had to deal with that kind of crap before, and I consider it spam (if not worse). If you're going to fight each other via RP, do it on the forums where those who want to be involved will be involved, and where those who want to be left alone may be left alone. Don't spam up other regions' RMBs like AWA did when I was arguing with their currently CTE'd leader in the WASC forums (most of my region didn't know what the fuck was going on and didn't care about it, and AWA should have respected that).

Just my nitpicky technical side coming out. The brawl may continue.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:19 pm

Kalibarr wrote:If you say so..

The Land of Kings and Emperors
Europiea
The New Inquisition
Unknown
Macedon
Mencer
The Alliance of DIctators
Axis of Evil
New Earth
Nazi Europe
Regions it has Directly Attacked:

Free Thought
Utopia
Democratia
Land of The Liberals
Belgium
Feudal Japan

this makes no sense, how does it expect people to follow it if it attacks regions it has a disagreement with?

Nobody follows the WA, mate. Especially not RPers in International Incidents. Your so-called raiders may accuse us RPers of hiding, but in reality, its raiders like them who hide behind the WA.

People don't follow when they see the light. I'd say its high time for you to look up and join the club.

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Scandavian States wrote:

So far as the RP community is concerned? Yes. FYI, Haven is one of the community's most prominent and oldest RP regions. You'll note that when Bavin, an all around good guy but junior member of Haven, raises the issue in Technical, it's Violet that notes this issue is being watched carefully by NS' moderation and administration staff. Now, I don't claim to speak for them, I wouldn't ever dream of doing so, but it says a hell of a lot when the Big Boss comments concerning a complaint about, and possible fixes for, gameplay by a junior member of a region that has never been involved in gameplay.

Is that a threat? Going to have the mods deal with me? come on that is pretty low.

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

Is that a threat? Going to have the mods deal with me? come on that is pretty low.

With you? No. With this proposal? If they see fit. With the greater problem of "liberating" RP regions, I hope so.

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

With you? No. With this proposal? If they see fit. With the greater problem of "liberating" RP regions, I hope so.

Oh RP regions will be exempt now?

the defenders and the biased neutrals begged and begged for something like a liberation, as far as I'm concerned we all have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Raiders do, why should you be exempt?

Shansekia
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Shansekia » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Kalibarr wrote:If you say so..

<LONG LIST IS LONG SNIP>

Referring to the WA as a single person is rather dangerous: it's something around ten thousand people with widely varying goals. But anyway:

I'll quote Anemos here.

A LIBERATION is an action that is meant to countermand the results of a RAID and/or an INVASION. However, in this case, there has been no RAID/INVASION.

To be quite honest, I pretty much do not follow R/D stuff (though through a bit of stumbling I read up on what happened to Japan), but I believe that the vast majority of those liberations you listed were quite probably meant to help the original inhabitants of the region return.

In the case of Haven, however, I can tell you with near absolute certainty that none of us want "help" - I honestly cannot remember the last time a member was expelled by the delegate using force.

Because it's ten thousand different people, it can't "expect" anything. The WA isn't a hivemind or something.

Ah, conspiracies again. Clearly, the "defenders' control the WA and are bent on dominating NS!

Bavin
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

the defenders and the biased neutrals begged and begged for something like a liberation, as far as I'm concerned we all have to deal with the consequences of their actions. Raiders do, why should you be exempt?

Why is "Because we don't care?" not a reason?

Automagfreek
Ambassador

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Automagfreek » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Kalibarr wrote:

Because we as RPers frankly don't give a crap about the game mechanics and the whole raiding/defending business.
Last edited by Automagfreek on Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founded on March 24th, 2003
Proud founder and Lord of Gholgoth
Condemned by Security Council Resolution #82
Join the religion of war. Become a Vanmakti warrior today.

Scandavian States
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Scandavian States » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Kalibarr wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

Not at all. If you go into technical you'll see the thread Bavin started. You'll also see that it was Violet who noted that s/he was watching this issue with interest. From the point of view of present NS rules, there's nothing they can do and we both know it. My purpose was simply to point out how amusing it is that for a "decaying" and "small" region, it's the Big Boss who says they're watching the situation when we speak. I can only guess that means they might consider addressing the RP/Gameplay divide by hardcoding it into the game if it becomes necessary.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Look, Kalibarr... it's quite evident you have no idea about what's going on. Why the hell are you here?

Kalibarr
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:27 pm

Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Bavin wrote:
Kalibarr wrote:
Scandavian States wrote:

Why is "Because we don't care?" not a reason?

raiders don't care for liberations ether, so they should be exempt as well :p

Mudkips
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 06, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Mudkips » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:28 pm

As the most influential nation in Haven, I can safely say that there is no need for Liberation.

FOAD.

Anemos Major
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Anemos Major » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:30 pm

Quite a lot of Haven is popping in for tea, now...

... the scones are in the other room, sir. Shall I take your coat?

In all honesty, I think this thread was over the moment people starting questioning it. It's just... pointless.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council