NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn Hileville

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Railana
Diplomat
 
Posts: 518
Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:18 pm

The ultimate goal of this proposal was to see the Coalition restored to power in the South Pacific; now that this goal appears to have been accomplished, I don't think it's really necessary to submit the proposal.

Aigyptos wrote:I would add, since Railana seems to have missed it, that the vibe I'm getting in this thread is that there are already prominent Feederites, including the Delegate of The North Pacific, who are prepared to stomp against this proposal but just aren't coming out and saying it.


I was indeed aware that there was opposition to this proposal. There were also several likely supporters, including TRR and Lazarus. In any event, this wouldn't have been the first time I've had to deal with vote stacking in opposition by several major regions.
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

User avatar
RiderSyl
Senator
 
Posts: 4802
Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:10 am

Railana wrote:The ultimate goal of this proposal was to see the Coalition restored to power in the South Pacific


Okay... How would that have worked?
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

User avatar
Railana
Diplomat
 
Posts: 518
Founded: Apr 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Railana » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:31 am

Ridersyl wrote:
Railana wrote:The ultimate goal of this proposal was to see the Coalition restored to power in the South Pacific


Okay... How would that have worked?


An international condemnation would have helped to reduce Hileville's credibility and would have made it harder to claim that his actions were legitimate. That, in turn, might have resulted in more pressure from other major regions to restore the old government. There was no guarantee of this, obviously, but I thought it was worth the effort.
Dominion of Railana
Also known as Auralia

"Lex naturalis voluntas Dei est."

User avatar
Luxdonia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1020
Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxdonia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:06 am

Railana wrote:
Ridersyl wrote:
Okay... How would that have worked?


An international condemnation would have helped to reduce Hileville's credibility and would have made it harder to claim that his actions were legitimate. That, in turn, might have resulted in more pressure from other major regions to restore the old government. There was no guarantee of this, obviously, but I thought it was worth the effort.

That plan is seriously laughable.
The Kingdom of Luxdonia
The Chief Administrator and Executive Councillor of Archmont
Join the Archmont Discord server!

User avatar
Cormac Stark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1417
Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:50 am

Luxdonia wrote:
Railana wrote:
An international condemnation would have helped to reduce Hileville's credibility and would have made it harder to claim that his actions were legitimate. That, in turn, might have resulted in more pressure from other major regions to restore the old government. There was no guarantee of this, obviously, but I thought it was worth the effort.

That plan is seriously laughable.

It wasn't, actually; a condemnation badge would have lent credibility to unendorsement campaigns against Hileville, which probably would have seen him more rapidly lose endorsements. Especially if the unendorsement campaigns had referenced his condemnation.

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1208
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:43 am

Cormac Stark wrote:
Luxdonia wrote:That plan is seriously laughable.

It wasn't, actually; a condemnation badge would have lent credibility to unendorsement campaigns against Hileville, which probably would have seen him more rapidly lose endorsements. Especially if the unendorsement campaigns had referenced his condemnation.

I can think of other instances where a condemnation badge had zero impact on the credibility of the regional government.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
Ayvari
Envoy
 
Posts: 215
Founded: Jul 27, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ayvari » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:17 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:It wasn't, actually; a condemnation badge would have lent credibility to unendorsement campaigns against Hileville, which probably would have seen him more rapidly lose endorsements. Especially if the unendorsement campaigns had referenced his condemnation.

I can think of other instances where a condemnation badge had zero impact on the credibility of the regional government.

I mean there was that time The Pacific was Condemned, and the only effect was that people felt vindicated somewhat and the author got a badge...
Former/Retired Sergeant ~*~ The Black Hawks ~*~ Also known as Xoriet
Severisen wrote:You literally couldn't have missed the point more, even if you endorsed the native delegate.
Northern Chittowa wrote:If you look at those who have made names for themselves in this game, they are those who have stood up to defenders on an equal footin and actually beaten them on a tactical level...Those are the ones who will be remembered and indeed revered in history.
Syberis Montresor-Isaraider: There should be no distinction between a good raider and a good member of the GP community.

User avatar
Pierconium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1208
Founded: Antiquity
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pierconium » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 am

Ayvari wrote:
Pierconium wrote:I can think of other instances where a condemnation badge had zero impact on the credibility of the regional government.

I mean there was that time The Pacific was Condemned, and the only effect was that people felt vindicated somewhat and the author got a badge...

Yes, that comes to mind. A bandwagon condemnation vote that didn't take historical fact into account. Of course, that seems to be true of a great many of the SC resolutions.
Tyrant (Ret.)

Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…

NPO - EMPIRE - TRIUMVIRATE - NPD

User avatar
Cormac Stark
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1417
Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:14 am

Pierconium wrote:
Cormac Stark wrote:It wasn't, actually; a condemnation badge would have lent credibility to unendorsement campaigns against Hileville, which probably would have seen him more rapidly lose endorsements. Especially if the unendorsement campaigns had referenced his condemnation.

I can think of other instances where a condemnation badge had zero impact on the credibility of the regional government.

Hileville was not nearly as entrenched and popular in the South Pacific as is the New Pacific Order in The Pacific.

User avatar
Jessrond
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Feb 08, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Jessrond » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:58 pm

Nuke em. 8-)

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Refuge Isle

Advertisement

Remove ads