NATION

PASSWORD

A Reintroduction, If You Will

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

A Reintroduction, If You Will

Postby SkyDip » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:07 am

Greetings to my fellow WA Ambassadors.

The nation of SkyDip and her WA diplomats have recently been on a hiatus of nearly a year and a half. Last I remember, we were having a conference on allowing or disallowing some new types of proposals in the Security Council, and frankly our information is far outdated in this regard. If possible, could someone please provide a summary of any changes (or relevant similarities) from the SC of old that I remember and that of the modern day?

Best wishes,

Elias T. Greyjoy
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:10 am

Nothing has changed, except for the fact that self-commendations now seem to be kosher.
Last edited by The Silver Sentinel on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:Nothing has changed, except for the fact that self-commendations now seem to be kosher.

They always were as long as you could get them through with a puppet. ;)

I'm sad and disappointed to hear none of the changes that were being talked about a few years back have been implemented.
Last edited by SkyDip on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:17 am

SkyDip wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:Nothing has changed, except for the fact that self-commendations now seem to be kosher.

They always were as long as you could get them through with a puppet. ;)

No puppets needed any longer... >:( On a side note, we finally managed to put a badge on a GCR.

SkyDip wrote:I'm sad and disappointed to hear none of the changes that were being talked about a few years back have been implemented.

We are now dealing with the wonderful life of Regional Officers so that has apparently been taking up most of admins time.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:22 am

The Silver Sentinel wrote:
SkyDip wrote:I'm sad and disappointed to hear none of the changes that were being talked about a few years back have been implemented.

We are now dealing with the wonderful life of Regional Officers so that has apparently been taking up most of admins time.

Remind me - those are something the WA Delegate can...well, delegate to another nation?

The Silver Sentinel
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Silver Sentinel » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:31 am

SkyDip wrote:
The Silver Sentinel wrote:We are now dealing with the wonderful life of Regional Officers so that has apparently been taking up most of admins time.

Remind me - those are something the WA Delegate can...well, delegate to another nation?

The person with "Executive" authority can yes.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:34 am

Little has changed in the SC. "Custodian proposals" are still on the admin to-do list, while "feeder" and "sinker" are now legal terms within proposals. That's about it.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:38 am

Sedgistan wrote:Little has changed in the SC. "Custodian proposals" are still on the admin to-do list, while "feeder" and "sinker" are now legal terms within proposals. That's about it.

That's about as succinct as it needs to be! Thank you, Sedge.

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:26 pm

Welcome back, Elias! Nice to see a competent face coming back around.

I wrote a repeal, but that's nothing special :P
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:09 pm

Welcome back! The regional officers technical thread is here if you get curious.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:54 am

SKYDIP IS BACK!

Those bastards that said he was really going to be gone for good... HA!... I don't think any of them play the game anymore... BUT STILL, HA!

Welcome back to the shit-storm, Elias. :bow:
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:26 am

Greetings all! Nice to see some friendly faces still kicking around (and to see Koth , I guess :p ).

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council