NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Condemn Albul

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
The Galactic Rebels
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Condemn Albul

Postby The Galactic Rebels » Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 pm

I am writing this in secrecy, for I do not wish to be discovered until this is over...

Condemn Albul

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Albul | Proposed by: The Galactic Rebels


  • ACKNOWLEDGING that Albul has operated with several vassal nations to gain influence throughout several regions, most notably in Slavia and Das Kommune.

  • APPALLED the underhanded methods that Albul has undertaken to destroy the communities and regions which it has contacted, most notably the quest to exterminate several races to further the Albuli agenda. Often Albul or Albuli vassal states are a threat to regional stability as well as a threat to international peace.

  • SHOCKED to see the blatant disregard for rules as Albul's armed forces use chemical and nuclear weapons for offensive tactics, a use contrary to what is expressed in World Assembly Resolution #272, as well as the policies favoring torture in the Albuli intelligence agencies, which goes contrary to World Assembly Resolution #9.

  • HORRIFIED at Albul's several attempts at genocide through biological, chemical, and nuclear warfare, as well as Albul's use of military force to suppress anti-government protests, which both demonstrate blatant disregard for human rights.

  • DISMAYED at the policies that Albul has enacted as an influential nation in several regions, to include the indiscriminate suppression of speech, the arbitrary ejection of nations, and
    the random declaration of war upon innocent regions.

  • RECOGNIZING that Albul's erratic and belligerent behavior is a threat to peace and stability in the NationStates community.
The Security Council hereby CONDEMNS Albul.


Help me out, please?
Last edited by The Galactic Rebels on Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Zaolat
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1420
Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zaolat » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:39 pm

In secrecy in the SC forum? Are you Albul?
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Zaolat wrote:In secrecy in the SC forum? Are you Albul?

That was my first thought as well.

This resolution seems to have an odd mix of RP and GP content.

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:12 am

The Galactic Rebels wrote:I am writing this in secrecy, for I do not wish to be discovered until this is over...

Condemn Albul

Category: Condemnation | Nominee: Albul | Proposed by: The Galactic Rebels


  • ACKNOWLEDGING that Albul has operated with several vassal nations to gain influence throughout several regions, most notably in Slavia and Das Kommune.

  • APPALLED the underhanded methods that Albul has undertaken to destroy the communities and regions which it has contacted, most notably the quest to exterminate several races to further the Albuli agenda. Often Albul or Albuli vassal states are a threat to regional stability as well as a threat to international peace.

  • SHOCKED to see the blatant disregard for rules as Albul's armed forces use chemical and nuclear weapons for offensive tactics, a use contrary to what is expressed in World Assembly Resolution #272, as well as the policies favoring torture in the Albuli intelligence agencies, which goes contrary to World Assembly Resolution #9.

  • HORRIFIED at Albul's several attempts at genocide through biological, chemical, and nuclear warfare, as well as Albul's use of military force to suppress anti-government protests, which both demonstrate blatant disregard for human rights.

  • DISMAYED at the policies that Albul has enacted as an influential nation in several regions, to include the indiscriminate suppression of speech, the arbitrary ejection of nations, and
    the random declaration of war upon innocent regions.

  • RECOGNIZING that Albul's erratic and belligerent behavior is a threat to peace and stability in the NationStates community.
The Security Council hereby CONDEMNS Albul.


Help me out, please?


I already had to deal with so much crap. Now, I suspect that you are one of two or three people. Just tell us who you are.
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Sedgistan
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 27332
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:18 am

Using a puppet to self-commend/self-condemn is allowed, and so is posting in that thread with your main. But when you start arguing with yourself - that's when we call you out.

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:46 am

Sedgistan wrote:Using a puppet to self-commend/self-condemn is allowed, and so is posting in that thread with your main. But when you start arguing with yourself - that's when we call you out.

Well, I guess that pretty much confirms it. 10 points to Zao.

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:33 pm

Could I have made it any more obvious? I used some stuff enemies complain about and went a bit more "personal" (?) in case the gp stuff does not cut it.
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Zaolat
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1420
Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zaolat » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:46 pm

The resolution doesn't look bad, but here's the thing:

First, doing one of your self smacks of dishonesty and many of the game players that frequent this forum or are the big voting blocs condemn such a thing and will try to stop any self resolution from succeeding.

Second, its better to have another person write it that's not strongly affiliated with yourself. If that person was widely recognized, the better the odds of passing.

While personally I wouldn't condone it, you were better off asking someone to post that for you and letting them take the credit for authoring. As sneaky as that is you'd have a lot better odds then you do now that you've been outed.

P.S. don't argue or post against yourself with puppets. As Sedge said you can get outed that way.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

User avatar
Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 399
Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:35 pm

Zaolat wrote:The resolution doesn't look bad, but here's the thing:

First, doing one of your self smacks of dishonesty and many of the game players that frequent this forum or are the big voting blocs condemn such a thing and will try to stop any self resolution from succeeding.

Second, its better to have another person write it that's not strongly affiliated with yourself. If that person was widely recognized, the better the odds of passing.

While personally I wouldn't condone it, you were better off asking someone to post that for you and letting them take the credit for authoring. As sneaky as that is you'd have a lot better odds then you do now that you've been outed.

P.S. don't argue or post against yourself with puppets. As Sedge said you can get outed that way.

Thank. You. Zao. I don't want another Swarmlandia incident...
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

User avatar
Zaolat
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1420
Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zaolat » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:46 pm

Redsward wrote:
Zaolat wrote:The resolution doesn't look bad, but here's the thing:

First, doing one of your self smacks of dishonesty and many of the game players that frequent this forum or are the big voting blocs condemn such a thing and will try to stop any self resolution from succeeding.

Second, its better to have another person write it that's not strongly affiliated with yourself. If that person was widely recognized, the better the odds of passing.

While personally I wouldn't condone it, you were better off asking someone to post that for you and letting them take the credit for authoring. As sneaky as that is you'd have a lot better odds then you do now that you've been outed.

P.S. don't argue or post against yourself with puppets. As Sedge said you can get outed that way.

Thank. You. Zao. I don't want another Swarmlandia incident...

Swarm's been a pain to NS for a long time back in the day, not just the SC :P
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7338
Founded: May 22, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaboomlandia » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:28 pm

The SC does not look favourably upon self-condemnations. If you want, I can submit it for you. The resolution isn't badly written anyway. The only problem is the self-condemnation issue.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:57 pm

I do not frequent these forums enough to know much about whom to trust with such material. Are there any suggestions?
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7338
Founded: May 22, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:10 pm

Albul wrote:I do not frequent these forums enough to know much about whom to trust with such material. Are there any suggestions?

You can trust me. I will not try to get a repeal submitted, and I hope now that the player behind Albul has revealed his intentions, that none of the nations here try to do the same.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 399
Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:12 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:The SC does not look favourably upon self-condemnations. If you want, I can submit it for you. The resolution isn't badly written anyway. The only problem is the self-condemnation issue.

I honestly don't think this is a good idea...

I swear, when this makes it to vote, I WILL have a repeal locked and loaded.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:49 pm

Redsward wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:The SC does not look favourably upon self-condemnations. If you want, I can submit it for you. The resolution isn't badly written anyway. The only problem is the self-condemnation issue.

I honestly don't think this is a good idea...

I swear, when this makes it to vote, I WILL have a repeal locked and loaded.

I suppose this is more of a response to my enemies in several regions, most notably among the NS Leftist regions. Hey, Condemn "North Korea" got passed and they barely did anything (other than their actions undertaken via the Red Fleet), so I suppose that constantly raiding RP regions and supposedly causing regional instability in a number of regions would make me more worthy than they. Those are the main points my enemies are making and I was hoping to beat them to it. :)
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7338
Founded: May 22, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:44 pm

Albul wrote:
Redsward wrote:I honestly don't think this is a good idea...

I swear, when this makes it to vote, I WILL have a repeal locked and loaded.

I suppose this is more of a response to my enemies in several regions, most notably among the NS Leftist regions. Hey, Condemn "North Korea" got passed and they barely did anything (other than their actions undertaken via the Red Fleet), so I suppose that constantly raiding RP regions and supposedly causing regional instability in a number of regions would make me more worthy than they. Those are the main points my enemies are making and I was hoping to beat them to it. :)


I suppose you can mention the condemnation of North Korea for their actions in your resolution...
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Consular
Minister
 
Posts: 3026
Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:54 pm

Albul wrote:
Redsward wrote:I honestly don't think this is a good idea...

I swear, when this makes it to vote, I WILL have a repeal locked and loaded.

I suppose this is more of a response to my enemies in several regions, most notably among the NS Leftist regions. Hey, Condemn "North Korea" got passed and they barely did anything (other than their actions undertaken via the Red Fleet), so I suppose that constantly raiding RP regions and supposedly causing regional instability in a number of regions would make me more worthy than they. Those are the main points my enemies are making and I was hoping to beat them to it. :)

I suspect it's more of a stand against people trying to get themselves badges actually.

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ramaeus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Kaboomlandia wrote:I suppose you can mention the condemnation of North Korea for their actions in your resolution...

I repealed that, so probably not a good idea. :lol:
I have a large ego and I'm not afraid to use it.

User avatar
Albul
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1234
Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Albul » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:40 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Kaboomlandia wrote:I suppose you can mention the condemnation of North Korea for their actions in your resolution...

I repealed that, so probably not a good idea. :lol:

Then, in the off-chance that you support North Korea, you might want to help condemn me? They don't think of me too kindly there. ;)

Consular wrote:
Albul wrote:I suppose this is more of a response to my enemies in several regions, most notably among the NS Leftist regions. Hey, Condemn "North Korea" got passed and they barely did anything (other than their actions undertaken via the Red Fleet), so I suppose that constantly raiding RP regions and supposedly causing regional instability in a number of regions would make me more worthy than they. Those are the main points my enemies are making and I was hoping to beat them to it. :)

I suspect it's more of a stand against people trying to get themselves badges actually.


I figured as such. :D
Impeach Pompey. Legalize Monarchy. Assassination is Theft. Julius Caesar 44 B.C.E.
Straight 17 year old male
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -6.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.54
Welcome to the Internet
A specter is haunting 'Merika. It is the specter of communism.
NSG Summertime
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it. -Voltaire
Mall should redesign

User avatar
Ramaeus
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1012
Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Ramaeus » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:04 pm

Albul wrote:Then, in the off-chance that you support North Korea, you might want to help condemn me? They don't think of me too kindly there. ;)

Nice try.
I have a large ego and I'm not afraid to use it.

User avatar
Godless Munky
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 100
Founded: Nov 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Godless Munky » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:45 pm

Can't condemn an EX-NATION. Oh well.
Who knew this self-condemnation ruse would become even more pointless?


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads