NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Commend The Leningrad Union

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

[SUBMITTED] Commend The Leningrad Union

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:42 am

Commend The Leningrad Union
Category: Commendation | Nominee: The Leningrad Union| Proposed by: Benjamin Henrikson

Acknowledging that The Leningrad Union has built many communities, and has gone unnoticed thus far for their achievements, which have benifited over 100 nations and three communities,

Remembering The Confederacy of Allied States, a region they served as delegate for, helping the government by recruiting, and making the region into one of the fastest rising democratic region in its time,

Appalled after the contributions they had made, the government expelled them on the account of vicious rumors spread by Riftend.

Knowing that The Leningrad Union went on to found the Madrigal, and during the brief period of Madrigal and the Confederacy of Allied States tension, in which the latter threatened to invade Madrigal, The Leningrad Union took a non-violent approach, and discouraged any action against The Confederacy of Allied States,

Forming the Coalition of Freedom, with Riftend and Trick Shot, creating yet another community that prospered under the rule.

Striving to always do right, and after occupying the region of Coalition of Freedom once the nation of Riftend fell, leaving the region with an unknown fate, gave the region to Rifty, AKA Riftend,

Mentioning that although The Leningrad Union resigned from the position of Founder in Madrigal, they made sure to find a replacement so the region could live on, and prosper,

Stating that these achievements deserve recognition by this prestigious council, and that The Leningrad Union is a remarkable rolemodel for nations who want to do good,

Hereby commends The Leningrad Union.

This is my second attempt at a security council proposal. I am still looking for information, such as Len's deeds in Lazarus. Thank you in advance :)
Last edited by Benjamin Henrikson on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:01 am, edited 4 times in total.
Founder of New Madrigal

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:23 pm

Ill propose this exactly 24hours after the OP post time if th e re is no problem
Founder of New Madrigal

British Grand Pacific
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby British Grand Pacific » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:45 pm

Not sure if you're trying to commend Lenin or condemn Rifty (he sure shows up a lot in this proposal). Reads like the next chapter of their quarrel from last spring.
XorietToday at 11:54 AM
I’m not good at quotable quotes on demand

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:54 pm

Granted, a lot of things happened during the "la viva revolution period" in CAS,that I see as grounds to commend. Rifty sparked it all, but if I was Condemning him I would just Condemn him ;).
Founder of New Madrigal

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:44 pm

I'm honestly just not sure Leningrad is a suitable candidate for the council to commend. His achievements, those that there are, are somewhat mired in controversy.

Redsward
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Redsward » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 pm

No. NO. Just NO. Lenin tried to liberate VF to raid it, attempted to liberate the Black Riders for no apparent reason, and destroyed CoF. Rifty didn't want his old home to go away after Riftend received a DEAT.

ABSOLUTELY AGAINST. NOT CHANGING MY MIND. EVER.

EDIT: Grammar fix.
Last edited by Redsward on Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ex-Grandmaster of the small merc group Red Armor
Currently a resident of the Black Hawks
Security Council Debater
Religion and spirituality are different things

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 pm

So Lenin is trying to commend himself now?

It's not really surprising, considering he left out all the bad shit he tried to do, like liberate my embassy, and condemn me for being a raider....
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:29 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:-snip-

From my understanding of it, the OP is actually Shadoke, not Lenin. They do, however, belong to the same NS family.
Just some weeb.

Zaolat
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaolat » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Ramaeus wrote:
Chester Pearson wrote:-snip-

From my understanding of it, the OP is actually Shadoke, not Lenin. They do, however, belong to the same NS family.

OP is Shadoke.
Former Delegate of the Rejected Realms - TRR Forum | Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris - OFO Forum
Guide to the Gameplay Forum | NS Discord Links | One Stop Rules Shop
Max Barry on The Legend of Zelda
<Zaolat>: maxbarry: Have you played any Legend of Zelda video game?
<maxbarry>: I have NEVER played Zelda, I know that is shocking
Victim of the Flag Thief

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:15 pm

First time I have been mistaken for a puppet.

Also, I am no longer Shadoke, same Ns player, but I grew tired of the Shadoke name. Not hiding behind this nation either, some of my first posts identified me as Shadoke. I am not going to act like I was never Shad, but please refer to me as my new name, Ben.

I met Leningrad way after most of these events happened, having been apart of COS at the time, I may be apart of his NS family but he deserves this. Is there any errors in my draft?
Founder of New Madrigal

Oraike
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Oraike » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:36 pm

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:Is there any errors in my draft?

Yes, it's "hereby", not "herebye".

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Oraike wrote:
Benjamin Henrikson wrote:Is there any errors in my draft?

Yes, it's "hereby", not "herebye".

Fixed, Thank you! :lol2:
Founder of New Madrigal

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:04 pm

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:Forming the Coalition of Freedom, with Riftend and Trick Shot

Shouldn't we be Condemning them for that? :P
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Zaolat wrote:
Ramaeus wrote:From my understanding of it, the OP is actually Shadoke, not Lenin. They do, however, belong to the same NS family.

OP is Shadoke.

So let me get this straight, Shadoke a known greifer, and the destroyer of Rifty's forums, is coming in here and trying to commend Lenin, a sworn enemy of Rifty?

Last edited by Chester Pearson on Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

LH God
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LH God » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:26 pm

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:The Leningrad Union is a remarkable rolemodel for nations who want to do good,

Right. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:06 pm

Evil Wolf wrote:
Benjamin Henrikson wrote:Forming the Coalition of Freedom, with Riftend and Trick Shot

Shouldn't we be Condemning them for that? :P

Hear hear :D
(sorry for short replies, on a phone)

@Redsward, The VF sent Rifty to CAS to start all the drama, I think it was a tad bit justified for him to try to get back at them :P. He occupied COF, but if you look at the region, or ask Rifty, Rifty has it now.

I think I am at least impartial to the events Pre-Madrigal, because I was living in my own isolated RP region before and during these events, and had not met Len. I gained my knowledge of the events after the fact, so perhaps we can drop the "friend commending friend" act please?
Founder of New Madrigal

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:02 am

I have submitted the proposal. Now to begin campaigning
Founder of New Madrigal

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Proposal removed at author's request.

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Chester Pearson wrote:
Zaolat wrote:OP is Shadoke.

So let me get this straight, Shadoke a known greifer, and the destroyer of Rifty's forums, is coming in here and trying to commend Lenin, a sworn enemy of Rifty?

Ah I get is is over but can I clarify a few things simply because I am sure it will be reopen - shad has consistently shown an inability to stick to one thing for to long and swings between continuing and stopping every few days it seems. :rofl:

Well Leningrad and I are not enemies - we get along pretty well actually. Even during the CoF bullshit him and I kept a fairly good friendship outside of NS; trying to keep GP bullshit out of real life. If I recall correctly and I'm certain he can back me on this; during the occupation if CoF him and myself played GTA5 together a fair bit. XD

Shadoke is a griefer indeed - and did take down our forums.

I do have CoF under my control only now - with no idea if I will run it alongside AoI, move everyone to CoF or have it as a memorial. In the founding of CoF I want to make clear who was involved - the co-founders where Yisrae1 and Leningrad. Fest was not a Co-founder. I also want to make clear that neither Lenin, Yisrae or fest contributed to growing the region. Lenin held delegacy for a month and did absolutely nothing. CoF also came about after GDU - the place I was expelled from. We left GDU down to fairly harsh anti Jew talk and jokes by The United Motherland (was part of The CAS revolution / subject to attacks from Leningrad / former prime minister of CAS) and New grestin (former CAS citizen). yisrae and Lenin are both Jewish and I didn't want to be part of a community that spread such hate.

I also wasn't the reason he was expelled from CAS...much. My accusation were NEVER untrue and I'm sure Lenin will agree. I merely complained about some of the things he did while I was a 2 week old nation states member. This was back in the day I thought democracy worked on this site. Pretty much he threatened to ban people from the region for not doing what he wanted. Looking back i was a bit of a noob. XD

I do not feel Lenin deserves a commendation or condemnation.
Last edited by Rifty on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:00 am

Rifty wrote:I also wasn't the reason he was expelled from CAS...much. My accusation were NEVER untrue and I'm sure Lenin will agree. I merely complained about some of the things he did while I was a 2 week old nation states member.

Yeah, I can back Rifty up on this, as I was actually pretty heavily involved in that CAS drama. Rifty had barely any impact on those events. Leningrad Union's split from CAS had to do with quarrels with other members of CAS, and the fact he was fed up with CAS's leader at the time.

As much as I like LU, this proposal has no chance of getting support or passing. It's a nice gesture though.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

Benjamin Henrikson
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Benjamin Henrikson » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:23 am

It is from my understanding that Rifty (Riftend at the time) heard Len saying something about banning people for the lolz (Obviously joking) and Rift left the region and formed state of revolution. He pressured Unovia into doing what he did. Rifty said something to these lines awhile back... letme find it...

EDIT: Also, I am not the subject of this thread, nor is my backstory, so... ya.
Last edited by Benjamin Henrikson on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Founder of New Madrigal

Rifty
Minister

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rifty » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:02 pm

Benjamin Henrikson wrote:It is from my understanding that Rifty (Riftend at the time) heard Len saying something about banning people for the lolz (Obviously joking) and Rift left the region and formed state of revolution. He pressured Unovia into doing what he did. Rifty said something to these lines awhile back... letme find it...

EDIT: Also, I am not the subject of this thread, nor is my backstory, so... ya.

and they were not untrue

I made clear we should not be making threats of banning people for no reason at all especially with the kind of community that existed. I asked he stopped and he made clear he didn't have to. I decided to leave the region and form my own...which went well-ish. Unovia and Motherland invited me back with the removal of him from the position...I followed. The region collapsed on it's own.
✥ Positions ✥
Merryman of UDL
Riksdagsledamöter of Balder
Legionnaire and Councilor of Osiris
Chancellor of Madrigal
Prophet Sidney Rozeck

My time on NS

------------------------------✥ ✥ Independent ✥ ✥------------------------------

General response to stupid comments

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council