NATION

PASSWORD

[Abandoned] Liberate Christmas

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Nephmir
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

[Abandoned] Liberate Christmas

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:22 am

Liberate Christmas

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation | Nominee: Christmas | Proposed by: Nephmir

Description: The World Assembly Security Council,

Evaluating Christmas' status,

Treating Christmas as a region without any remaining natives, instead being opened to the entire international community as a region open to all,

Encouraging nations to freely come and go peacefully without concerns of foreign aggression,

Realizing that the region of Christmas already has a Liberation in place by this council through [resolution=SC#95]SC#95: "Liberate Christmas"[/resolution],

Noticing that despite the presence of a Liberation, this region has been ruthlessly invaded many times without end,

Approving sanctions for the region's protection and well-being as viewed by the international community, the same community this region has its borders open to,

Listing the organizations that have raided Christmas, despite the presence of a Liberation already in place, including but not limited to:

Wishing to provide additional protection from this council, and to turn Christmas into a less appealing target for foreign invasions,

Attempting to fulfill this council's purpose of "spreading international peace" by

Rendering the region of Christmas to be virtually indestructible,

Hereby Liberates Christmas.
Last edited by Nephmir on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Chester Pearson
Minister

Founded: Aug 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Chester Pearson » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 am

One liberation isn't enough? Now it needs two?
Separatist Peoples wrote:With a lawnchair and a large bag of popcorn in hand, Ambassador SaDiablo walks in and sets himself up comfortably. Out of a dufflebag comes a large foam finger with the name "Chester Pearson" emblazoned on it, as well as a few six-packs.
Economic Left/Right: -8.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.90
-17.5 / -6
Chester B. Pearson,
Ambassador, Imperial Minster of Foreign Affairs United Federation of Canada
Premier The North American Union
Secretary-General United Regions Alliance
World Assembly Resolution Author
Recognized as one of the most famous NS's ever

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:09 am

There isn't even a repeal that I know of in the works...
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:20 am

You can further condemn someone with two condemns, but what exactly does two libs do if one already does nothing? :P

Also, thanks for reminding us to found The Black Watch again. Sap founded it originally, after we realized they never even founded a region for their org, but it CTE'd at some point... no longer!
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:21 am

Seems rather unnecessarily... Though I suppose if it has two less people would try to repeal the lib.

I also think it be funny to see a region with two Liberations in place. Therefore, i'd support this for the lulz.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:29 am

On a logic note, how do you intend to "Render the region of Christmas to be virtually unraidable," when "despite the presence of a Liberation, this region has been ruthlessly invaded many times without end?"

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:30 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:You can further condemn someone with two condemns, but what exactly does two libs do if one already does nothing? :P

Also, thanks for reminding us to found The Black Watch again. Sap founded it originally, after we realized they never even founded a region for their org, but it CTE'd at some point... no longer!

Umm... you're welcome? I knew it didn't exist when I wrote it. I honestly couldn't care less.

The Stalker wrote:Seems rather unnecessarily... Though I suppose if it has two less people would try to repeal the lib.

I also think it be funny to see a region with two Liberations in place. Therefore, i'd support this for the lulz.

2 liberations to repeal makes the effort harder.

...I too just want to see a region with two Liberations. :p

Solorni wrote:There isn't even a repeal that I know of in the works...

*Eye twitch*

They're after us, you know! All of them! I can feel them breathing down my neck...

Chester Pearson wrote:One liberation isn't enough? Now it needs two?

Yes! :lol:

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:On a logic note, how do you intend to "Render the region of Christmas to be virtually unraidable," when "despite the presence of a Liberation, this region has been ruthlessly invaded many times without end?"

Poor choice of words. I'll edit that in a second.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_
The 300 Endorsements of Nephmir
"100 by land, 100 by air, 100 by sea."
Mercenary of The Sable Order
Commander in Project Soul

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:32 am

Generally a good idea to make sure links work before public release ;)

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 am

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Generally a good idea to make sure links work before public release ;)

Thanks for the tip.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Sichuan Pepper
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 12, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sichuan Pepper » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:32 pm

Sounds like you want to turn it into a feeder.
Wordy, EX-TITO Field Commander.
Now just ornamental.

Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah but no one here can read. Literacy is a tool used by fendas, like IRC or morals.

Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:08 pm

Is it really necessary? Haven't Christmas (and all those raider groups) gotten enough airtime?

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 pm

As a native of Christmas, I give my full support to this proposal. We obviously need two liberations to protect us from the threat of single liberation piercing influence devices.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:56 pm

Hey, with it, the looooooooooong shot of ever repealing Lib Christmas gets made impossible - even if one passed, you'd have plenty of time to pile before a second one could :P

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Corvus Corax
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Corax » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:39 pm

There must be rush hours going on in The Father X-mas' workshops at The North pole... or in Korvatunturi if we approve real, genuine and original place of Residency of Santa. The Real location is 68°04′25″N, 029°18′55″E, within Borders of Russian Federation near Border of Finland. (There are also fake X-Mas marketing paradise and Coca-Cola-Christmas styled tourist trap "Korvatunturi" in Coordinates 66º33'07"N, 25º50'51”E, just few miles to north from Town Rovaniemi in Finland, which pretends being placed on the Exact line of Polar Circle, the Blatant Lie of Propaganda machinery of False Santa.)

Why WA-Security council couldn't indeed start serial manufacturing of Liberation Proposals for Christmas acting like an Army of Santa's little helpers when doing so? Nice brand new liberation draft after liberation draft submitted to the WA like a presents dropped to A Chrismas stocking or wrapped in the colorful papers, for filling whole horizon with nice badges.

Nevertheless, Christmas of NS is surely most infiltrated (by Raiders) and corrupted (by Defenders) place in the Multiverse and Nobody can really call him/herself as a Native of it. Santa himself is CTE'd.
Last edited by Corvus Corax on Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Messenger of The Witch-Queen of Cimmeria

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:17 am

Benevolent Thomas wrote:As a native of Christmas, I give my full support to this proposal. We obviously need two liberations to protect us from the threat of single liberation piercing influence devices.

Exactly! :D
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:18 am

Sichuan Pepper wrote:Sounds like you want to turn it into a feeder.

In a way, yes.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Cardoness
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 am

I don't spend a lot of time on this side of the building, so if there has already been a ruling on this I apologize, but doesn't rule 2(b) make this impossible?
Liberations cannot duplicate any existing ones for that region.
Speaker Andreas, Ambassador to the World Assembly, Founder of the United League of Nations.
Frustrated Franciscans wrote:We are firmly against the godless, utopian, progressive overreach that a small number of nations in the World Assembly want to impose upon the multiverse...

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:55 am

That's duplication of content, not of effect. So you can Liberate a region a dozen times if you particularly wish to, but each one needs different reasons. If anyone wants to try that, good luck.

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am

Cardoness wrote:I don't spend a lot of time on this side of the building, so if there has already been a ruling on this I apologize, but doesn't rule 2(b) make this impossible?
Liberations cannot duplicate any existing ones for that region.

viewtopic.php?p=7464088#p7464088

I'd guess this would be relevant.

EDIT: Darn you Sedge! :P
Last edited by Topid on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

Cardoness
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 13, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cardoness » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:12 am

Ah, thank you for the clarification.

Goes back across the hall looking for a drink. And maybe a snack. Yeah, something with peanut butter.
Speaker Andreas, Ambassador to the World Assembly, Founder of the United League of Nations.
Frustrated Franciscans wrote:We are firmly against the godless, utopian, progressive overreach that a small number of nations in the World Assembly want to impose upon the multiverse...

Yao
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yao » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:11 pm

You know, I actually support this. This is mongering at its finest.

The Stalker
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:45 pm

I think you should turn it into a Christmas poem, kinda like what you did with Camelot's resolution.

You could also remove listing the raider groups, no need to mention them by name and give them more advertisement.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 pm

The Stalker wrote:You could also remove listing the raider groups, no need to mention them by name and give them more advertisement.

The whole point of this resolution was to get TEK into the halls of the WASC for whatever reason.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Yao
Spokesperson

Founded: May 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Yao » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:29 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
The Stalker wrote:You could also remove listing the raider groups, no need to mention them by name and give them more advertisement.

The whole point of this resolution was to get TEK into the halls of the WASC for whatever reason.

I think something this mongerulous is worth it.

Nephmir
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nephmir » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:45 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:

Not exactly. To be honest, I'm surprised no one has noticed what I've done yet... and why it's written in an odd fashion.
SC Resolutions
SC#165 | SC#173
_
_

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council