NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Nierr wrote:
PrussianEmpire wrote:I have a list of all nations in Haven that declared war on TSP and the GP community. However, it is saved in PDF format and I cannot upload it to this forum. However, I assure you that /at least 3/ nations in Haven participated in this horrible crime against NS.

Can you go back to not winning elections in TEP so that people with actual contributions can actually contribute?

Please?

Too bad I've never been elected to anything in TEP. Nice try. Next batter up?
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:05 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote: Refusal to accept evidence is not the same as lacking evidence.

You've deliberately refused requests for evidence several times. This isn't refusal to accept evidence. This is refusal to accept "but I have evidence that I won't give" as valid evidence.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Voltrovia wrote:
Lexicor wrote:
Convenient that you have evidence but cannot post it. I invoke Habeas Corpus. Your accusations are null and void until evidence is presented to the contrary. Bloody hell.

Can the written contents (if any) of the PDF be copied and pasted into a post?

Or even uploaded to dropbox/4shared and linked here. Of course, he can't. There is no such PDF. None of the members in Haven at the time this proposal was posted were likely to have been involved in the antics Mallorea created.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Ambroscus Koth wrote:
The Batorys wrote:Again with the rhetoric that sounds eerily like something a rapist would say.

Wow. That's an entirely inappropriate thing to say over an opinion in a browser game. Take it down a notch, dude.

Calling it like I see it.

"I don't want to participate in this."

"Too bad, you're participating in it anyway, because I want you to!"

"But no, I don't want to! Please stop!"

"Tough luck, it's happening, whether you want it to or not. You were asking for it."

I mean... that's basically what your argument sounds like to me.
Last edited by The Batorys on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mallorea and Riva should resign
This is an alternate history version of Callisdrun.
Here is the (incomplete) Factbook
Ask me about The Forgotten Lands!
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Hobbiest Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbiest Republic » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:06 pm

Vetok wrote:Still waiting for more names. Sorry about the coughing, it's that smoke machine Mallorea left running.

Oh wait, we've got Crave who Mallorea named and CTE'd last December, and we've got Hobbiest Republic who seems to be admitting to it...but is from an entirely different region.

If this was Mythbusters they wouldn't even consider doing a show on it it's that thin.

I appreciate the acknowledgement of my post.

On a further note, would it be more acceptable to both sides if this was veiled as less a 'liberation' and more a hostile invasion on a region which is alleged to have participated in the coup? For human rights violations in the south pacific? If you look at the south pacific incident it seemed to be a quite multi-regional commitment though, so singling out any one region becomes problematic as the aggressors would have proverbially scattered to the four winds.
CoPS-Member
CoNS- Founder/Member
UEF-Observer
Amistad Signatory

Economic Left/Right: 5.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Aboot Meh: Pro-Chife, Pro-Dakka, Pro-Capitalism, Pro-Freedom
"That's what forgiveness sounds like, Screaming and then silence."-Carl

Nierr
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nierr » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:07 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:
Nierr wrote:Can you go back to not winning elections in TEP so that people with actual contributions can actually contribute?

Please?

Too bad I've never been elected to anything in TEP.

That's... exactly what I said.

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:07 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Oseato wrote:The facts of this case are fairly simple. Mallorea has admitted that this is entirely in response to the events in The South Pacific and has sought to punish Haven for its role in those events. However, he has not yet produced any actual evidence of Haven's express support for the coup. Furthermore, Mallorea himself has admitted that he was one of the two people who masterminded the coup.

To support this is to support injustice. If we want justice for what happened in TSP, perhaps we should make a motion to repeal Mallorea's password? or Condemn him for his actions?

Furthermore someone from TSP has already pointed out that the administration of TSP was in favor of amnesty for most people involved in the Coup (with the exception of people like Mallorea and Milograd). This is a complete farce and baseless attack on an established and storied region.

Can you show me where I said that this is entirely about Haven's role in TSP? It's entirely about opening up Haven to raiding

Sadly I am still waiting on your proof of Haven's express written support for the coup, which you claimed to have. (I doubt you'll be able to back up your lies but when you do I'll be happy to provide you with the instances of your own posts where you said you targeted Haven for its role in TSP.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:08 pm

PrussianEmpire wrote:
Nierr wrote:Can you go back to not winning elections in TEP so that people with actual contributions can actually contribute?

Please?

Too bad I've never been elected to anything in TEP. Nice try. Next batter up?

lel

Way to go, man.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Minnysota wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Can you show me where I said that this is entirely about Haven's role in TSP? It's entirely about opening up Haven to raiding.

You're moving the goalposts, now. I'm being honest when I say I think you need to learn how to debate and provide a legitimate argument before starting something like this.

You're building a strawman by focusing the entire argument onto a single facet of the proposal and then changing how it is being presented. Read the proposal. It's almost entirely about opening up Haven to raiding, and just mentions that Haven isn't a region of innocents.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Delmonte
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delmonte » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:10 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:
You're moving the goalposts, now. I'm being honest when I say I think you need to learn how to debate and provide a legitimate argument before starting something like this.

You're building a strawman by focusing the entire argument onto a single facet of the proposal and then changing how it is being presented. Read the proposal. It's almost entirely about opening up Haven to raiding, and just mentions that Haven isn't a region of innocents.

No, a strawman is when you fight against an argument that was never made. He's disputing that you have the evidence you founded your entire argument on! These are just words, they can be googled and learned!
[15:35] <Tag> I have a big, heavy sealed box that I have no idea what is in side of it.
[15:35] <Tag> I can only presume it is treasure.
The Batorys wrote:The Delmontese like money, yeah, but they also like to throw down.

<Delmonte> I don't mean literally kill their family. I mean kill their metaphorical family.
<Delmonte> Metaphorically kill their metaphorical family.
Code: Select all
 [b][color=#0000FF][background=red]United in Opposition to [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?t=303025]Liberate Haven[/url][/background][/color][/b]
[color=#FF0000][b]Mallorea and Riva should [url=http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=303090]resign[/url][/b][/color]

The man from Delmonte says yes.

New Azura
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby New Azura » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Let's try this one again...

I'm too tired and old to go through fourteen eighteen pages of butthurt; could you someone answer me this, though? How are you 'liberating' a region that isn't occupied? I understand the mechanics of gameplay are largely predicated on the whims of the community, but there are passwords for regions for a purpose. Undoing a region's password that isn't occupied by raiders seems to contravene the spirit of Gameplay, to say nothing of any perceived transgressions that may or may not have been lauded out by members of said region. It's a huge can of worms to go down this path, because it effectively changes the paradigm of the entire game, for those who are into Gameplay, those into Roleplaying, and even those who simply do inter-regional play.

Moreover, as a moderator of the game, is it not a conflict of interest for Mall to introduce a proposal that would so drastically alter the paradigm of said institutes? (Edit to Add: And an issue that Mall is pretty markedly biased over to boot?)
THEEVENGUARDOFAZURA
UNFIOREPERILCOLOSSO

FRIEND OF KRAVEN (2005-2023)KRAVEN PREVAILS!18 YEARS OF STORIES DELETED

THEDOMINIONOFTHEAZURANS
CAPITAL:RAEVENNADEMONYM:AZURGOVERNMENT:SYNDICAL REPUBLICLANGUAGE:AZURI

Her Graceful Excellence the Phaedra
CALIXTEIMARAUDER
By the Grace of the Lord God, the Daughter of Tsyion, Spirited Maiden, First Matron of House Vardanyan
Imperatrix of the Evenguard of Azura and Sovereign Over Her Dependencies, the Governess of Isaura
and the Defender of the Children of Azura

— Controlled Nations —
Artemis Noir, Dragua Sevua, Grand Ventana, Hanasaku, New Azura, Nova Secta and Xiahua

— Other Supported Regions —
Esvanovia (P/MT), Teremara (P/MT), The Local Cluster (FT)

— Roleplay Tech Levels —
[PT][MT][PMT][FT][FanT]

Oseato
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oseato » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

Still waiting for the evidence in support of your arguments.
République morivaine
La Resistance

"If world opinion is too feeble or egoistical to do justice to a martyred people, and if our voices also are too weak, I hope that Hungary’s resistance will endure until the counter-revolutionary State collapses everywhere in the East under the weight of its lies and contradictions."

Albert Camus, The Blood of The Hungarians, 1957

Vetok
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vetok » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

I'd say you're building a strawman by saying 'You guys are strawmanning' when all we want is evidence for your claims. Right now, I'm inclined to believe this is actually an act with less than honest intentions.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Proposal looks good to me.

Just call me slowpoke.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Virana
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Virana » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

The only justification given by the resolution to open Haven is that, allegedly, some members of Haven aren't "innocent". Not only are those accusations thoroughly unsupported by any evidence you've given, but even then, opening the region for raiding because it contains members accused of supporting a raid is ridiculous in its own right.
II Mentor specializing in MT and GE&T. If you need help, TG me, visit our thread, or join our IRC channel, #NSMentors on irc.esper.net!

Mentors Hub | Welcome to II | RP Questions | #NSMentors
International Incidents Mentor | IIwiki Administrator

Owner of the United Republic of Emmeria and everything about it

PrussianEmpire
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby PrussianEmpire » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 pm

Nierr wrote:
PrussianEmpire wrote:Too bad I've never been elected to anything in TEP.

That's... exactly what I said.

Just wanted to make sure we're on the same page. I see Madjack, couper of Osiris, that you're supporting these infidels. You should reconsider.
—« The PrussianEmpire From The East Pacific »—

The contents of the above post represent the views of Exshaw, the Imperial Legion, the United Defenders League, the Founderless Regions Alliance, the New Inquisition, the Black Hawks, the North Pacific, the Alliance Defense Network, the Atlantic Central Command, Francos Spain, Dwight Eisenhower, and the 1998 New York Yankees.

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Lexicor wrote:Everyone on this thread is encouraged to take a chill pill, take a deep breath and to try and calm down. Its all getting to be a little much. :unsure:

I will not "chill" as long as it's considered perfectly reasonable for a moderator who is a raider to target an RP region just because he can, and wreck something they like, when they've opted out of R/D, while at the same time it's considered extremist to suggest, even jokingly, changing game mechanics to wreck something raiders love.
Pro: Feminism, environmentalism, BLM, LGBTQUILTBAG, BDSM, unions, hyphy, Lenin, Ho Chi Minh, Oakland, old San Francisco, the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and fully automated gay luxury space communism
Anti: Misogyny, fossil fuels, racism, homophobia, kink-shaming, capitalism, LA, Silicon Valley, techies, Brezhnev, the Galactic Empire, and the "alt-right"

Minnysota
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Minnysota » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:You're building a strawman by focusing the entire argument onto a single facet of the proposal and then changing how it is being presented. Read the proposal. It's almost entirely about opening up Haven to raiding, and just mentions that Haven isn't a region of innocents.

I haven't used a strawman at all. If you don't know how to recognize fallacies, then you shouldn't be debating. Again, it's worth the effort to learn how to make an argument free of fallacies. You should invest in it.
Minnysota - Unjustly Deleted

Katalonua
Secretary

Founded: Mar 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Katalonua » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Okay, admittedly, I've gotten off topic.

I'm going to try and focus on Haven and the proposal proper.

Firstly, a Liberation proposal is ideally meant to liberate raided regions, not the other way around. Thus, using a liberation to open up a region for raiding is unfair and is a mutation of their true intent.

Secondly, even if Haven is a raiding region, raiders use founders to protect themselves, little different than a password. So, the critique them for being untouchable is moot. By this logic, we should have proposals to remove founders from raiding regions because they make said regions equally untouchable as well.

Thirdly, this is clear violation of a region's sovereignty, by gameplay standards. If the Havenites chose to raid behind a password, it is their choice to do so.
Alt of Gorgashia

Polynesian Kingdom and loyal vassal-state to White Sun

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Oseato wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:You're building a strawman by focusing the entire argument onto a single facet of the proposal and then changing how it is being presented. Read the proposal. It's almost entirely about opening up Haven to raiding, and just mentions that Haven isn't a region of innocents.

Still waiting for the evidence in support of your arguments.

I've given some. The embassy which demonstrates the compliance of both Milograd and the government of Haven, linking Cavan to the coup to prove that there was a material Havenite presence... Everyone knows Haven was involved. I don't get why focusing in has happened on this aspect of the proposal.
Todd McCloud wrote:Proposal looks good to me.

Just call me slowpoke.
Thanks slowpoke :p
Virana wrote:

The only justification given by the resolution to open Haven is that, allegedly, some members of Haven aren't "innocent". Not only are those accusations thoroughly unsupported by any evidence you've given, but even then, opening the region for raiding because it contains members accused of supporting a raid is ridiculous in its own right.
No the justification is that the raiders can do more with the region. I say as much in the proposal.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Lavan Tiri
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Lavan Tiri » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote: Nope, I'm doing it to open it up to active raiding.

This. I will say this one time, and one time only: Haven is an RP FOCUSED REGION. They have decided to opt out of R/D gaming, and focus on RPing, and that's their choice. You, Mall, want to crack open a region that doesn't want to be involved in that type of gaming. But, Mall, a raider, is choosing to ignore this region's decision, and take over, because of their supposed participation in some coup that was a while ago. This ridiculous accusation is based, in it's entirety, on evidence that is, at best, circumstantial, and at worst, made up. So, ignoring the fact that Mall is a mod: this proposal is completely freaking idiotic, and an attempt by a raider to open a region that doesn't care about or take part in R/D.
My pronouns are they/them

Join Home of the Brave!
Big Jim P wrote:I like the way you think.

Constaniana wrote:Ah, so you were dropped on your head. This explains a lot.

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Snarky bastard.

The Grey Wolf wrote:You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Renewed Imperial Germany wrote:I'm not sure whether to laugh because thIs is the best satire I've ever seen or be very very afraid because someone actually thinks all this so.... have a cookie?

John Holland wrote: John Holland
your mom

Voltrovia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Voltrovia » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:13 pm

Vetok wrote:
Voltrovia wrote:
Can the written contents (if any) of the PDF be copied and pasted into a post?

Or even uploaded to dropbox/4shared and linked here. Of course, he can't. There is no such PDF. None of the members in Haven at the time this proposal was posted were likely to have been involved in the antics Mallorea created.

Mall, people aren't attacking this proposal because they are trying to cover up whatever did or didn't go on in Haven. They simply doubt your statements if you don't have any form of substantiated evidence to show for your case.

Edit: Concrete evidence is all that is needed. Surely that's fair.
Last edited by Voltrovia on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If we burn the defence papers, maybe the journalists will go away. On a private estate in the middle of the night.
In 1988. Without quite letting the residents know. Only Voltrovian protagonist kids remember.

When Sparrows Shout (And The World Goes To War)
An idea (RP; very much unfinished)

The Batorys
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Batorys » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Lexicor wrote:
Northrop-Grumman wrote:Every single time the RPing community is poked like this, chaos happens.

Well clearly the solution lies in not poking the RPing community.

Seriously.

The RP community would love nothing better than being left to RP in peace.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Minnysota wrote:

So, the mere rumour of a supported coup is enough to brand a region as 'not a nation of innocents' to be immediately opened up an raided? What's the use in passwords if any reasoning, however unsupported, is enough to remove said password?
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:14 pm

The Batorys wrote:
Ambroscus Koth wrote:
Wow. That's an entirely inappropriate thing to say over an opinion in a browser game. Take it down a notch, dude.

Calling it like I see it.

"I don't want to participate in this."

"Too bad, you're participating in it anyway, because I want you to!"

"But no, I don't want to! Please stop!"

"Tough luck, it's happening, whether you want it to or not. You were asking for it."

I mean... that's basically what your argument sounds like to me.

It's flamebaiting is what it sounds like to me. *** Warned ***.

And with that ladies and gents, this is running too hot for my tastes, especially in the summer. 30 minute coffee break to chilly it down. May I suggest a nice iced coffee?

We'll reopen in a half.

Edit: Sorry, juggling in Moderation means I'm a wee bit late.

Ok, thread reopen. Please, CHILLY DOWN. We don't need the name calling or the baiting. Again, the topic is the drafted proposal.
Last edited by NERVUN on Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council