NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Liberate Haven

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:It'd probably help if you *did* explain.

Regardless of what they did, this creates precedent for future password-protected regions to be opened for the sake of 'inactivity'. 'Hiding' behind a password is no different than 'hiding' behind a founder.

Agreed. Also, I am officially AGAINST this Draft.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Cyllea
Minister

Founded: Nov 23, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cyllea » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Cyllea wrote:Regardless of what they did, this creates precedent for future password-protected regions to be opened for the sake of 'inactivity'. 'Hiding' behind a password is no different than 'hiding' behind a founder.

Except that there's nothing we can do about regions with founders, whereas we can do something about passwords. So that argument is irrelevant.

Hardly irrelevant. The point of the argument is that nothing should be done. Its awfully easy for you to say this while you 'hide' behind your founder protected region.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Founded: Sep 29, 2010
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Cyllea wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Except that there's nothing we can do about regions with founders, whereas we can do something about passwords. So that argument is irrelevant.

Hardly irrelevant. The point of the argument is that nothing should be done. Its awfully easy for you to say this while you 'hide' behind your founder protected region.

Hey we have activity and never tried to take out a feeder. Haven would be far more fun to raid than to watch sit behind a password.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Retired Major of The Black Hawks
Retired Charter Nation: Political Affairs in Antarctic Oasis
Retired Colonel of DEN Central Command, now defunct
Former Delegate of The South Pacific, winner of TSP's "Best Dali" Award
Retired Secretary of Defense of Stargate
Terror of The Joint Systems Alliance
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 15, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Itailian Maifias » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:29 pm

How about you leave us roleplayers out of your side of the game?

You don't see us opening up threads in Gameplay for our activities, so when we password our regions to keep your annoying antics out of them; stay out. Haven has/had a long regional history for being one of the highest quality roleplaying regions; unfortunate and uncontrollable events led to it's current state and now what I'm seeing is a raider whose getting bored wanting some rather stale fresh meat. You keep mentioning we/SC should overturn this because Haven assisted in the South Pacific coup. Forgive me, but wasn't this coup around six months ago give or take. Why is this coming up now?

Additionally, unpasswording Haven would set a precedent for unlocking roleplay regions who frankly want nothing to do with the Gameplay military aspect, and what next? You going to start a campaign so you can go raid Nova? Mare? Rostil? Simply put, leave us alone and go back to raiding 4 nation regions.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
Your Local Peculiarity in the Southern Beta Quadrant
" You hypocritical Venetian bastard "
" Intentions pave a certain road, outcomes are what matter."
For Minnysota
Come here ya' Frenchie. The only Viking fan I ever liked.
For Reformed Britannia
Remember, remember the Plight of Sir Roberts
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:55 pm

Itailian Maifias wrote:How about you leave us roleplayers out of your side of the game?

You don't see us opening up threads in Gameplay for our activities, so when we password our regions to keep your annoying antics out of them; stay out. Haven has/had a long regional history for being one of the highest quality roleplaying regions; unfortunate and uncontrollable events led to it's current state and now what I'm seeing is a raider whose getting bored wanting some rather stale fresh meat. You keep mentioning we/SC should overturn this because Haven assisted in the South Pacific coup. Forgive me, but wasn't this coup around six months ago give or take. Why is this coming up now?

Additionally, unpasswording Haven would set a precedent for unlocking roleplay regions who frankly want nothing to do with the Gameplay military aspect, and what next? You going to start a campaign so you can go raid Nova? Mare? Rostil? Simply put, leave us alone and go back to raiding 4 nation regions.
"Leave us alone unless we want to hit someome in which case let us but then we're out afterwards no tagbacks"

Yeah. Not hypocritical at all. And I know it could create a precedent, I even say so in the draft.
Ideological Bulwark #253
Mall Isaraider, son of Tram and Spartz, Brother of Tal and apparently Sev the treacherous bastard.
Frattastan quote of the month: Mall is following those weird beef-only diets now.

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:14 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:How about you leave us roleplayers out of your side of the game?

"Leave us alone unless we want to hit someome in which case let us but then we're out afterwards no tagbacks"

Yeah. Not hypocritical at all. And I know it could create a precedent, I even say so in the draft.

Again, your logic is weak at best, and at reality, you sound like a broken record on loop back. The TSP coup was again, what, six months or more ago. Haven hasn't, nor has any other roleplaying region, interfered in Gameplay matters and to be honest, this looks like a raider wanting to be able to raid Haven and get bragging rights.

So yes, fuck off and leave us alone.
The Kingdom of Hibernia [FT]| The Empire of Britain [E2] | The Kappan Dominion [SWG]
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:21 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: "Leave us alone unless we want to hit someome in which case let us but then we're out afterwards no tagbacks"

Again, your logic is weak at best, and at reality, you sound like a broken record on loop back. The TSP coup was again, what, six months or more ago. Haven hasn't, nor has any other roleplaying region, interfered in Gameplay matters and to be honest, this looks like a raider wanting to be able to raid Haven and get bragging rights.

Of course i want to raid Haven. Again the draft says that. There is no sneaky hidden agenda here. And it's not because of TSP. That line is just there to demonstrate the hyprocrisy of the region. It really doesn't matter that it wasn't recent.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Itailian Maifias
Postmaster-General

Postby Itailian Maifias » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Itailian Maifias wrote:Again, your logic is weak at best, and at reality, you sound like a broken record on loop back. The TSP coup was again, what, six months or more ago. Haven hasn't, nor has any other roleplaying region, interfered in Gameplay matters and to be honest, this looks like a raider wanting to be able to raid Haven and get bragging rights.

Of course i want to raid Haven. Again the draft says that. There is no sneaky hidden agenda here. And it's not because of TSP. That line is just there to demonstrate the hyprocrisy of the region. It really doesn't matter that it wasn't recent.

So the US should go invade Britain for war repatriations from 1812, or vice versa? Makes plenty of sense.

Go invade some newbie region and stop bothering the SC with this waste of time.
For Minnysota
For Reformed Britannia
For Gibet
Vorwärts Für Immer

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:25 am

Itailian Maifias wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote: Of course i want to raid Haven. Again the draft says that. There is no sneaky hidden agenda here. And it's not because of TSP. That line is just there to demonstrate the hyprocrisy of the region. It really doesn't matter that it wasn't recent.

So the US should go invade Britain for war repatriations from 1812, or vice versa? Makes plenty of sense.

Go invade some newbie region and stop bothering the SC with this waste of time.
If RL was a game and the US team thought it would be fun, sure! Why invade a newbie region when there are such better targets?
Ideological Bulwark #253

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:29 am

I am against Weaponizing a liberation resolution so no surprise that I am against this.
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:38 am

Wordy wrote:I am against Weaponizing a liberation resolution so no surprise that I am against this.

I won't say that I'm surprised as long as you don't say that you're surprised I'm trying it.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Wordy
Envoy

Founded: Apr 04, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wordy » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:44 am

I am not at all surprised you are trying it :P
RiderSyl wrote:
The ends justifies the meanies.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:46 am

Wordy wrote:I am not at all surprised you are trying it :P

Surely you have some suggestions for stylistic improvements though?
Ideological Bulwark #253

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:56 am

I feel as if I should state that I'm fully against this resolution.

Hell, I rejoined the WA just to vote against it.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:59 am

That line is just there to demonstrate the hyprocrisy of the region.

Has Haven been actually involved in the TSP coup?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:00 am

New Tsavon wrote:I feel as if I should state that I'm fully against this resolution.

Assuming it makes quorum it still won't be up to vote for a few days.
Allanea wrote:
That line is just there to demonstrate the hyprocrisy of the region.

Has Haven been actually involved in the TSP coup?
Yup.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:01 am

Yup.

Can you elucidate on this for me? I thought Haven has like four members.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

New Tsavon
Minister

Founded: Mar 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tsavon » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:02 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
New Tsavon wrote:I feel as if I should state that I'm fully against this resolution.

Assuming it makes quorum it still won't be up to vote for a few days.

I'm not in a hurry.
Ave Nex Alea

Mallorea and Riva should resign

Bretton
Civil Servant

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Bretton » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:05 am

I am one of the four nations in Haven (note: there's actually five including myself, but let's not get technical here) and do not have any recollection of our region being involved in any raids in the last six months, much less the last year. In fact, while I do not claim to have encyclopedic knowledge of any and all raids that Haven has partaken in, the last I seem to remember was... maybe in 2008?

Also, I oppose this effort to "liberate" the region on the grounds of... I don't know, we don't really need liberating? I mean frankly it sounds more like "theft" to me.

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:08 am

Bretton wrote:I am one of the four nations in Haven (note: there's actually five including myself, but let's not get technical here) and do not have any recollection of our region being involved in any raids in the last six months, much less the last year. In fact, while I do not claim to have encyclopedic knowledge of any and all raids that Haven has partaken in, the last I seem to remember was... maybe in 2008?

Also, I oppose this effort to "liberate" the region on the grounds of... I don't know, we don't really need liberating? I mean frankly it sounds more like "theft" to me.

Yeah that embassy that you guys had for about seven days during the coup just appeared out of nowhere right? :roll: What a mystery.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Bretton
Civil Servant

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Bretton » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:
Bretton wrote:I am one of the four nations in Haven (note: there's actually five including myself, but let's not get technical here) and do not have any recollection of our region being involved in any raids in the last six months, much less the last year. In fact, while I do not claim to have encyclopedic knowledge of any and all raids that Haven has partaken in, the last I seem to remember was... maybe in 2008?

Yeah that embassy that you guys had for about seven days during the coup just appeared out of nowhere right? :roll: What a mystery.

Which embassy, again...?

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:18 am

Mallorea and Riva wrote:

Embassies are useful for raids?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Mallorea and Riva
Game Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Mallorea and Riva » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:20 am

Bretton wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah that embassy that you guys had for about seven days during the coup just appeared out of nowhere right? :roll: What a mystery.

Which embassy, again...?
From your regional history:1 year 60 days ago: Embassy cancelled between The South Pacific and Haven.1 year 68 days ago: Embassy established between The South Pacific and Haven.

Allanea wrote:
Mallorea and Riva wrote:Yeah that embassy that you guys had for about seven days during the coup just appeared out of nowhere right? :roll: What a mystery.

Embassies are useful for raids?
Embassies demonstrate which regions supported and gave aid during the coup.
Ideological Bulwark #253

Bretton
Civil Servant

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Bretton » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:27 am

Ah, okay. You'd have to take that up with the WA delegate at the time, I suppose. I'm not in the WA, so I can't really comment one way or the other on the notion of embassy construction.

Though, I do find it rather curious how there is a supposed equivalence towards vouching for a particular region at a given time and actually raiding it with people and passwords and what not. Perhaps you'd do better to confront the WA delegate at the time over his actions than attempt to use the Security Council as a vehicle to steal the region I've lived in since ~2006?

Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:29 am

Steal? Maybe. Grind into the dust? Totally.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council