NATION

PASSWORD

Draft Condemn Unibotian WASC Mission

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Founded: May 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Draft Condemn Unibotian WASC Mission

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:59 am

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: Unibotian WASC Mission (nation)

Proposed by: Lustrous Lemurs

Descripton: The Security Council,

Defining...
(a) "griefing" as an action to force a player or several players to comply to threatening behaviour and language,
(b) "hacking" as an action to acquire or destroy a person's private information or property,
(c) "liberation" as a mean to hack another region's password or remove it entirely,

Deeply Disturbed that Unibotian WASC Mission has targeted the region of Utopia by proposing and
submitting the resolution, "Liberate Utopia", thus removing Utopia'slegally installed password with force,
consquently jeopardizing the Utopia's security,

Surprised that Unibotian WASC Mission chooses to involve the WA and other foreign forces
prior to opening a dialogue with his fellow WA member, Lustrous Lemurs, over the future of Utopia,

Observing that his proposal is based on half truths, lies, prejudices, assumptions and pure
misunderstanding of empirical facts,

Appaled that Unibotian WASC Mission uses his position as a WA nation to mislead other WA nations in
his deliberate attempt to hurt Utopia,

Shocked of the fact that his actions are unprovoked, and increases inter-regional tensions,

Greatly Appaled that UnibotianWASC Mission uses hacking, an especially vile crime, to upset other
players,

Hereby:
1. Condemns Unibotian WASC Mission for griefing the region of Utopia in general and the WA delegate,
the honourable Lustrous Lemurs, in special, unprovoked, attempting to destroy the region of Utopia, by proposing
and submitting a resolution with the aim of stripping the legislate WA delegate for his administrative power, by hacking
the region's password.

2. Condemns Unibotian WASC Mission for deliberately misleading the honourable World Assembly Security Council
and the respectable nations of the NationStates, in order to fuel his nefarious machinations.
Last edited by Lustrous Lemurs on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Ida.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:24 pm

No.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:51 pm

no
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Really, you're trying to condemn someone simply because they wrote a proposal? I strongly suggest you read this post before you proceed any further with this idea.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:30 pm

*drinks whiskey*
No just no. Give it up.

George McMaster
WA Ambassador to Lanos

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:32 pm

Harassing a nation or region because of what they did or said? Surely no.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:47 pm

Yeah, no.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:53 am

Flibbleites wrote:Really, you're trying to condemn someone simply because they wrote a proposal? I strongly suggest you read this post before you proceed any further with this idea.

No, I don't condemn people because they write proposals. I condemn people who wants to hack my region's password!

The draft has been edited. I don't take lean on hacking, whether is my private accounts or passwords for regions in NationStates. That's what "liberations" truly are: theft.
Last edited by Lustrous Lemurs on Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Ida.

Ananke
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ananke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:02 am

Lifting a password from a region with the help of a Liberation Resolution has nothing to do with hacking though, so you might want to reword that part.

In NS hacking tends to refer to people who gets access to nations or forum accounts illegally, so it's a pretty harsh accusation to throw at anyone. Especially when it's wrong...

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:34 am

I can't see how condemnation for a honoured ambassador that has voiced his concerns about a region being held hostage by a authoritarian regime would work, if ever, honoured ambassador. In fact we should be limiting the use of condemnations to the most extreme cases.

Yours etc,

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:35 am

I thought this was going to be something worth reading! A really funny proposal...

How disappointed was I when I read this... Oh well.
AKA Weed

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:17 am

...and so, I believe the opinion here based on the unfunniness, inaccuracy, and moderator opposition remains a unanimous....

No.
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I can't see how condemnation for a honoured ambassador that has voiced his concerns about a region being held hostage by a authoritarian regime would work, if ever, honoured ambassador. In fact we should be limiting the use of condemnations to the most extreme cases.

Yours etc,

Most honoured ambassador, I think hacking a region's password is indeed extreme. I would be most pleased if the honoured ambassador could exemplify how she defines extreme?
In memory of Ida.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:40 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I can't see how condemnation for a honoured ambassador that has voiced his concerns about a region being held hostage by a authoritarian regime would work, if ever, honoured ambassador. In fact we should be limiting the use of condemnations to the most extreme cases.

Yours etc,

Most honoured ambassador, I think hacking a region's password is indeed extreme. I would be most pleased if the honoured ambassador could exemplify how she defines extreme?

Proof? Pics or it didn't happen.
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 pm

Ananke wrote:Lifting a password from a region with the help of a Liberation Resolution has nothing to do with hacking though, so you might want to reword that part.

In NS hacking tends to refer to people who gets access to nations or forum accounts illegally, so it's a pretty harsh accusation to throw at anyone. Especially when it's wrong...

A password is a password whether it's a computer, an Internet bank account, an email account, a NS nation's account or a NS forum account. In my mind removing a legally installed password for a region without the administrator of that region's consent, is indeed hacking, even though many think it's not. I will upheld my "harsh" view on this matter. "Liberations" is for people who can't admit a defeat.
In memory of Ida.

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:49 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
Lustrous Lemurs wrote:

Yours etc,

Proof? Pics or it didn't happen.

Most honoured ambassador, it hasn't happened yet. To remove Utopia's pw without my consent would be so. It's Unibotian WASC Mission who proposes this scandalous resolution, so I think he should be condemned for it. Of course, he can withdraw "Liberate Utopia" and no harm is done.
In memory of Ida.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

Of course, you could remove the password on Utopia. No harm done. ;)

Ananke
Bureaucrat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ananke » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:05 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:A password is a password whether it's a computer, an Internet bank account, an email account, a NS nation's account or a NS forum account. In my mind removing a legally installed password for a region without the administrator of that region's consent, is indeed hacking, even though many think it's not. I will upheld my "harsh" view on this matter. "Liberations" is for people who can't admit a defeat.

I'm just telling you how the term "hacking" is generally viewed by the gameplay crowd. It's your proposal, so feel free to submit it. Just expect to get called on that point, if it reach quorum.
Last edited by Ananke on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Charlotte Ryberg

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:

Yours etc,

That would be any invader intent on freely kicking out nations that oppose their beliefs, and those who want to make it a wasteland instead, like Macedon.
Last edited by Charlotte Ryberg on Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Unibot wrote:Of course, you could remove the password on Utopia. No harm done. ;)

So you and your ilk can pour in spamming the region? Don't think so.
In memory of Ida.

Lustrous Lemurs
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Lustrous Lemurs » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:28 pm

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Lustrous Lemurs wrote:

Yours etc,

That would be any invader intent on freely kicking out nations that oppose their beliefs, and those who want to make it a wasteland instead, like Macedon.

That's power struggle, and it's part of this game. It is within a WA delegate legitimate powers to govern the region she/he's a delegate in, according to his/hers inclination. Whether you act like Mother Teresa or Attila the Hun, it's up to you. It's not the WASCs business to interfere in intra-regional power struggle by overriding these powers through hacking the region's password.
In memory of Ida.

Charlotte Ryberg

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:46 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Lustrous Lemurs wrote:

Yours etc,

That's power struggle, and it's part of this game. It is within a WA delegate legitimate powers to govern the region she/he's a delegate in, according to his/hers inclination. Whether you act like Mother Teresa or Attila the Hun, it's up to you. It's not the WASCs business to interfere in intra-regional power struggle by overriding these powers through hacking the region's password.

Just my opinion there. Macedon happened to be an extremely exceptional case but now I am not too keen on WASC resolutions as I was used to be.

Yours etc,

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:
Charlotte Ryberg wrote:
Lustrous Lemurs wrote:

Yours etc,

So its within the WA delegate's legitimate power, but not the WA? Eh?

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm

yet more proof of why there should be no SC.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:58 pm

Lustrous Lemurs wrote:
Unibot wrote:Of course, you could remove the password on Utopia. No harm done. ;)

So you and your ilk can pour in spamming the region? Don't think so.

Actually, I think there'd be a hell of a lot more spamming of the region if you didn't remove the password and then it was liberated.