NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Venico
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Venico » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:43 am

I would rather see Christmas refounded by anyone than be swifly (teehee) plunged into war every few months.
Priest of Raider Unity

Raider Unity, Maintain a Founder, Sign a Treaty

Malice Never Dies...

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:00 am

Fighting over Christmas has become a NS tradition during this time of year... well really any time of the year it turns out. Charax is clearly trying to ruin Christmas (region and holiday). :p

Seriously though, if the SC repeals this resolution, it is going to be instantly invaded and kept by the force with the deepest piles. If this resolution were to somehow pass, Christmas will indeed be refounded, just not by the natives. What's worse than Christmas being arbitrarily invaded a few times a year? Having the region say anything other than "Merry Christmas!!" in the WFE throughout the entire year.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:30 am

Given the responses, it'll be quite silly to repeal "Liberate Christmas" in such circumstances then. If this thing passes quorum by some luck, I'll be getting a liberation draft ready just in case.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Re: [DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

Postby Charax » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:08 pm

I've been away from this thread (with it being, y'know, Christmas) so haven't had a chance to reply to any of these. I must say, however, that I'm getting kind of a negative vibe from one or two of you. This is another one for the shelf, I think. :P

Meanwhile, if any of you can think of a target for a resolution that doesn't suck total balls, feel free to telegram me! :P

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:32 am

Charax wrote:Seeks to allow those members of Christmas who have called the region home to refound it

Don't lie in your proposals, please.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Cormac A Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac A Stark » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:10 pm

Frattastan II wrote:
Charax wrote:Seeks to allow those members of Christmas who have called the region home to refound it

Don't lie in your proposals, please.

Just because you don't agree that would be the outcome doesn't mean that isn't his intent. Believe it or not, anyone who ever disagrees with a defender isn't an evil raider bent on the destruction of every founderless region in NationStates.

Although they should be. :P

Frattastan II
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 27, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan II » Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:49 pm

I don't believe the Liberation was drafted with the goal of allowing a native (word which was carefully avoided ;)) refound.
The authors maybe hope that will happen, but it sounds like an afterthought at best.
Rejected Realms Army High Commander
(So you've been ejected..., forum, news, RRA)
<@Guy> well done, fuckhead.
* @Guy claps for frattastan

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Re: [DRAFT] Repeal "Liberate Christmas"

Postby Charax » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Frattastan II wrote:I don't believe the Liberation was drafted with the goal of allowing a native (word which was carefully avoided ;)) refound.
The authors maybe hope that will happen, but it sounds like an afterthought at best.

Not carefully, more through my own opinion that referring to entire countries as natives in an in-character resolution would be pretty weird. Would you refer to France and Germany as natives of Europe? There's something not quite right about it. The way it comes across in the draft as an afterthought was simply a result of my inexperience and lack of skill at drafting security council resolutions.

If you were going to pick a way to implicate me as an evil puppy kicking raider through, I'm surprised you didn't just take the easy route and look at the co-author. ;)
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

Consular
Minister

Founded: Apr 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Consular » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:08 pm

I don't know what you're talking about Charax, I'm not a raider, I'm an imperialist. ;)

We were not and are not trying to force anything through. We just thought we'd throw an idea out there, that maybe a hope for a secure refound is better than constant invasions. However, the consensus seems to be against that, and I do understand the reasoning why. Perhaps if we could arrange for a neutral party to oversee such a refound, then this option might be more viable?

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:10 pm

Consular wrote:Perhaps if we could arrange for a neutral party to oversee such a refound, then this option might be more viable?

Why not just give up on the idea? I mean, if ain't broke, why fix it? It's not like Christmas is a small 5-nation region, but rather, a 54-nation one- one which is lively enough. Even if it's refounded by a neutral party, there are no guarantees said neutral party will join either defender and attacker factions. Wouldn't it be easier rather to have a gentleman's agreement not to touch Christmas, than - I don't know - have a slight chance a rogue party outside these discussion refound it?
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council