NATION

PASSWORD

Draft: Condemn The Axis of Evil

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Iraqialand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 501
Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Draft: Condemn The Axis of Evil

Postby Iraqialand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:49 pm

BECAUSE The Axis of evil has existed for a while,

ASSERTING that The Axis of Evil has captured regions like...

DEMOCRACY, Axis of Evil, Union of Ecoterrorist Nations, Extraordinary Evil Nations , The Layman Empire, Evil Nations Unite, The Axis of Somewhat Evil , Democratic Nations, Democratic Federal Union, United Democratic Alliance, Democratic republic of georgia, Democratic region of obamans, Democratic Republics and Democratia

NOTING that it is only here to invade regions because they have it captured it, using The Axis of Evil army.

UNDERSTANDING that Evil is both dangerous, very fearful and very just plain rude.

FUTHER ASSERTING that the Axis of Evil is only for invading regions along with raiding.

OFFICIALLY CONDEMNING the Axis of Evil forever.
Last edited by Iraqialand on Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The Altani Federation
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 194
Founded: Mar 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Altani Federation » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:59 pm

NOTING that this is the General Assembly, not the Security Council;

UNDERSTANDING that most of the representatives in the GA are about as interested in condemnations as they are in the process of watching paint dry;

FURTHER ASSERTING that this is in the wrong place;

UNOFFICIALLY RECOMMENDS that you go to the SC chamber.
The Associated Sovereign Nations of the Altani Federation
Many lands, many peoples, one Federation.

User avatar
Iraqialand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 501
Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iraqialand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Oops, sorry, wrong place. Can you move this, mods?

User avatar
Krioval
Minister
 
Posts: 2457
Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Krioval » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:52 pm

Iraqialand wrote:Oops, sorry, wrong place. Can you move this, mods?


Post a request on the Moderation forum and they'll get to it faster than posting a request here.

User avatar
Flibbleites
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6569
Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Krioval wrote:
Iraqialand wrote:Oops, sorry, wrong place. Can you move this, mods?


Post a request on the Moderation forum and they'll get to it faster than posting a request here.

Unless a mod happens to pop by and see it.

User avatar
Iraqialand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 501
Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iraqialand » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

Thanks! Do you like it. Should I have any changes?

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4383
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:35 pm

Hasn't Elkface already written this and got it into the queue?

Which upsets me because he provides no evidence of The Axis of Evil's evil acts in his proposal.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2843
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Iraqialand wrote:Thanks! Do you like it. Should I have any changes?

You've got a bunch of problems with Grammar.

The proposal Elktown wrote, Condemn The Axis of Evil, (the one that has met quorum and will be up to vote in a couple weeks) is better written (and I don't even think his gives any information). Four lines, a resolution does not make. You need to add way more details. And if Elktown's version goes to vote (which it looks like it will now) I'd guess it will pass unless campaigned against. Which means they'll (probably/maybe) already be condemned before this can go to vote.
Last edited by Topid on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Weed

User avatar
A mean old man
Senator
 
Posts: 4383
Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Actually, this brings up a good question, which I'm sure has been on more than a few of us SC peoples' minds, and may already be answered somewhere by some mod/admin ruling:

Can a nation/region be commended/condemned twice? Can a nation/region be both commended and condemned?
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

User avatar
Iraqialand
Diplomat
 
Posts: 501
Founded: Oct 18, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Iraqialand » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 am

As I say, it is a draft. :)

User avatar
New Begnion
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 14
Founded: Dec 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Begnion » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

Nice draft, Iraqialand! :D

User avatar
Sedgistan
Senior Issues Moderator
 
Posts: 31923
Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:23 pm

A mean old man wrote:Can a nation/region be commended/condemned twice? Can a nation/region be both commended and condemned?


Yes, but according to Ardchoille:

Ardchoille wrote:If the nation or region has already been condemned or commended for a specific action or set of actions, don't repeat the proposal for that nation or region. Once again, nations will see what you did there, and vote accordingly.


Since this proposal has significant overlap with Elktown's, which has already reached quorum, then this would only be legal if that resolution failed to pass.

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2843
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 pm

BECAUSE The Axis of evil has existed for a while,

Not a reason to condemn. Applies to a majority of regions.
ASSERTING that The Axis of Evil has captured regions like...

No "..." just finish the statement. After like, put a colon, then list.
DEMOCRACY, Axis of Evil, Union of Ecoterrorist Nations, Extraordinary Evil Nations , The Layman Empire, Evil Nations Unite, The Axis of Somewhat Evil , Democratic Nations, Democratic Federal Union, United Democratic Alliance, Democratic republic of georgia, Democratic region of obamans, Democratic Republics and Democratia

DEMOCRACY is not a verb. If you want to follow the pattern with the capital letters it consists of more than just typing the first word in all caps. The first word must be a verb.
NOTING that it is only here to invade regions because they have it captured it, using The Axis of Evil army.

I just plain don't understand this line. What are all these "its" and who is "they". Antecedents please.
UNDERSTANDING that Evil is both dangerous, very fearful and very just plain rude.

Okay, are you shortening the name when you say "Evil"? I'd assume so, but if not, it isn't wise to condemn based on one word in the name. Just because they have evil in the name doesn't mean they are evil. (And if you were just shortening the name, you might want to add the rest to prevent this misunderstanding.)
Secondly, being "fearful" means they are generally afraid. This is hardly a reason to condemn a region, as there is no harm in being afraid.
FUTHER ASSERTING that the Axis of Evil is only for invading regions along with raiding.

"is only for"? That makes it sound like AoE is a tool raiders use, like endorsements. Might you mean that "Axis of Evil is a raider/invader region," or that "the members of Axis of Evil are raiders/invaders"?
OFFICIALLY CONDEMNING the Axis of Evil forever.

"Forever" is untrue. It can be repealed.

And on top of all of this, there is ALREADY a proposal in queue to condemn The AoE. (As I said before.)
AKA Weed

User avatar
Maciau
Secretary
 
Posts: 40
Founded: Dec 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maciau » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:48 am

Iraqialand chose to copy and paste the regions :)

User avatar
Cinistra
Diplomat
 
Posts: 863
Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:39 pm

I see Iraqialand likes to condemn "evil" regions. He also likes to spam them, both himself and through puppets. Such a vile nation has no credibility when condemning others. Sweep your own carpet clean before you demand it from others.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads