NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend Oaledonia.

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:07 am

Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:58 am

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

^ What he said, Sky stated some amazing advice.
Last edited by Wikipe-tan on January 13, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The lovable PMT nation of hugs and chibi! Now with 75% more Hanyū!
Oaledonian wiki | Decoli Defense | Embassy | OAF Military Info
Blackjack-and-Hookers wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

You bet your ass you will!
Divair wrote:NSG summer doesn't end anymore. Climate change.
Under construction
*POLITICALLY CONTENTIOUS STATEMENTS INTENSIFY*

Querria
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Querria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:24 pm

SkyDip wrote:I mean, all things considered, I probably don't know much bout getting resolutions passed. Wait.

*points to sig*

I would also back up Ambassador Pearson's assertion you should read some recent Commendations. It takes quite a bit more unique and world-affecting information than you have presented here thus far.

OOC: I suppose you would like somebody to kiss your butt now or something, right? -not me-

Your proposal looks decent enough for a first try New Tyran. If I were you, I would go through the proposal in the first post and make some corrections to the grammar & highlight some key words just to clean it up. Other than that it's a worthy commendation for a skilled roleplayer.
Last edited by Querria on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Civilization Index| RPs & Stories
Join the Midnight Vale.
LFPD Soveriegn wrote:WHY IS EVERYTHING BLOODY BLUE

Forsher wrote:I blame the French.
Collectivism sucks, Embrace Individuality.
Adding nothing of substance to online discourse since Xmas 2023. Just a content creator playing games.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Querria wrote:
SkyDip wrote:I mean, all things considered, I probably don't know much bout getting resolutions passed. Wait.

*points to sig*

I would also back up Ambassador Pearson's assertion you should read some recent Commendations. It takes quite a bit more unique and world-affecting information than you have presented here thus far.

OOC: I suppose you would like somebody to kiss your ass now or something, right? -not me-

(People like SkyDip aside) Your proposal looks decent enough for a first try New Tyran. If I were you, I would go through the proposal in the first post and make some corrections to the grammar & highlight some key words just to clean it up. Other than that it's a worthy commendation for a skilled roleplayer.

Um... that's how it appears after my edit. I have basically defaced his original wording, and I gather I made it worse.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Gameside factbooks not canon
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
>>>Member of Septentrion, Atlas, Alithea, Tyran<<<
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Querria
Ambassador

Postby Querria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:41 pm

Themiclesia wrote:Um... that's how it appears after my edit. I have basically defaced his original wording, and I gather I made it worse.

Hold up, reading that post right now.
Join the Midnight Vale.

Adding nothing of substance to online discourse since Xmas 2023. Just a content creator playing games.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:50 pm

Querria wrote:
Themiclesia wrote:Um... that's how it appears after my edit. I have basically defaced his original wording, and I gather I made it worse.

Hold up, reading that post right now.

I happen to have some experience with parliamentary legislation (which source I cannot regrettably divulge), therefore I tend to write in that style whenever such documents are requisite. :meh:
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari
Left-of-centre, multiple home countries and native languages, socially and fiscally liberal; he/him/his
Pro: diversity, choice, liberty, democracy, equality | Anti: racism, sexism, nationalism, dictatorship, war
News | Court of Appeal overturns Sgt. Ker conviction for larceny in quartermaster's pantry | TNS Hat runs aground in foreign harbour, hull unhurt | House of Lords passes Stamp Collection Act, counterfeiting used stamps now a crime | New bicycle lanes under the elevated railways | Demonstration against rights abuses in Menghe in Crystal Park, MoD: parade to be postponed for civic activity

Querria
Ambassador

Postby Querria » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Well I read the post, and your revisions look good to me.
Last edited by Querria on Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Midnight Vale.

New Tyran
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:53 am

I've handed responsibility of this proposal to another user as he's well more suited at stuff like this than me. I can't be in the WA for much longer anyway...
I see that condemnation coming.
Last edited by New Tyran on Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:59 am

Querria wrote:OOC: I suppose you would like somebody to kiss your butt now or something, right? -not me-

Not at all. Just pointing out that I actually do have some experience in these matters, unlike most who post here.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 am

SkyDip wrote:
Querria wrote:OOC: I suppose you would like somebody to kiss your butt now or something, right? -not me-

Not at all. Just pointing out that I actually do have some experience in these matters, unlike most who post here.

May I point out that Oaledonia has merit in her foreign policies, and manifestly so. The said policies have been put to practise as averred in the bill itself.

We are acting in good faith, and we believe in Oaledonia's merits for a badge.
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

New Tyran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:10 am

^ What he said basically.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:19 am

Themiclesia wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Not at all. Just pointing out that I actually do have some experience in these matters, unlike most who post here.

May I point out that Oaledonia has merit in her foreign policies, and manifestly so. The said policies have been put to practise as averred in the bill itself.

We are acting in good faith, and we believe in Oaledonia's merits for a badge.

Again, not trying to imply anyone is acting outside of good faith. But, if you want to get a proposal to quorum, much less to pass, I'm offering suggestions that will help as a proven author in the SC who knows how to get proposals to pass. Take that advice into consideration or not, but it's foolish to simply ignore it.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

New Tyran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:26 am

Whatever you say.
Let's just get this over with.
Themiclesia, have you done yet? Can I resign now?

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:28 am

New Tyran wrote:Whatever you say.
Let's just get this over with.
Themiclesia, have you done yet? Can I resign now?

This has since been submitted. :bow:
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:37 am

Best of luck - I imagine you're going to need it.

Themiclesia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Themiclesia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:41 am

SkyDip wrote:Best of luck - I imagine you're going to need it.

I thank you all the way for your support. :bow: Most sincerely.

In fact, words can hardly express my gratitude for supporting us thus far. We probably don't see this one as one necessarily easy to pass; rather, we just wanted to show that even the WA has kind-hearted nations who are willing to recognise good but relatively young nations, and that (while I am not the best legal mind) they are willing to speak out.

[Not to be perversely construed.]
NS stats not in effect
(except in F7)
Sample military factbook
Nations:
Themiclesia
Camia
Antari

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:29 am

Having read the commendation, and the debate thread, both indepthly, I cannot approve this for quorum.

While I respect the first time effort, and the motivation behind it, and wish you the best with your effort, skydip, in my experience, tends to be well versed in these matters, and on a glance I imagine he's called this one.

Respectfully,
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:21 pm

Also, sigged. :p

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm

SkyDip wrote:

It is pretty funny :lol:
Oaledonia wrote:I'll go make my own genocidal galactic empire! with blackjack and hookers

Under construction

The Saint James Confederation
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Saint James Confederation » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:57 pm

SkyDip wrote:

That's some good advice right there. SkyDip, you certainly know more about the process than most everyone else.

I would like to see this reach quorum, however the Confederation will most likely vote against the resolution if it reaches a vote. I see this as a case of deserves to be voted on just to draw attention. What Oaledonia has done is great and the international community should be reminded that truly good nations do exist, but I do not see this as worthy of a commendation. (I do apologise Oaledonia.)
Last edited by The Saint James Confederation on Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oaledonia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Oaledonia » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:15 pm

The Saint James Confederation wrote:(I do apologise Oaledonia.)

There is no need to apologize for this, it is completely understandable.

Under construction

Aquafireland
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Aquafireland » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:16 am

Oaledonia wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Also, sigged. :p

It is pretty funny :lol:

True. SkyDip is quite knowledgable in these circumstances.
abc|xyz

“Some people say you are going the wrong way, when it’s simply a way of your own.”
-Angelina Jolie

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:54 am

Aquafireland wrote:
Oaledonia wrote:It is pretty funny :lol:

Why do you incessantly feel the need to gravedig these for such pointless commentary?

New Tyran
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Tyran » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 am

SkyDip wrote:
Aquafireland wrote:

Why do you incessantly feel the need to gravedig these for such pointless commentary?

I asked for a lock. Huh, just noticed your commendation so congratulations.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council