NATION

PASSWORD

Commending or Condemning Myself

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Commending or Condemning Myself

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:10 pm

Can I make a proposal that commends or condemns myself if I'm feeling particularly narcissistic or self-loathing? Or perhaps wishing to condemn myself for making such a stupid proposal?

Or does that violate any rule?

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:45 am

You can do so. However, it's highly irregular and you will get a lot of flak for it. The general premise being that if you have to Commend/Condemn yourself, you probably haven't done enough on an international scale to warrant it.

Also, this.

EDIT #2: Also, you've been around for ten days. I guarantee that, in that time frame, you haven't racked up anywhere near any activities warranting Commendation or Condemnation.
Last edited by SkyDip on Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Terravoss
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Terravoss » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:37 am

Now let us not be so hasty here. The Dourian Assembly managed to get a self condemnation to vote. Albeit there was a massive telegram campaign behind that (same as their three liner to liberate Nazi Europe :rofl:). But I digress, and am once again (god damn it), forced to agree with Skydip on this one. Stick around, do some good RP (or just really piss a lot of people off :roll:), and then come back and talk to us about a badge.

Best of luck.
WARNING, WARNING, WARNING

This is an out of character nation that represents my true views on Nation States. I make no apologies for any comment that I may make. You have been warned.

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:05 am

You can, technically, but you shouldn't, ethically, and you probably can't, practically.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:35 am

Well, I could condemn myself for wasting time with such a stupid condemnation, but I won't. Because it would be a waste of everyone's time.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:52 pm

Time to get your coat?
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

Solorni
Minister

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Solorni » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:29 am

Gregory Llama Land wrote:Well, I could condemn myself for wasting time with such a stupid condemnation, but I won't. Because it would be a waste of everyone's time.

I see what you did there ;)
Lovely Queen of Balder
Proud Delegate of WALL

Lucky Number 13

The Emerald World
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald World » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Well, good luck trying to submit that and get enough approvals.
This was written by a bot. Beep boop.
---
Economic Left/Right: 3.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:20 pm

The Emerald World wrote:Well, good luck trying to submit that and get enough approvals.

You can get enough approvals for anything.
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

The Emerald World
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emerald World » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:00 pm

SkyDip wrote:(Image)

That seems awfully rude.
This was written by a bot. Beep boop.
---
Economic Left/Right: 3.38 | Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.05

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

The Emerald World wrote:
SkyDip wrote:(Image)

That seems awfully rude.

...so? Who are you?
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:07 pm

SkyDip wrote:
The Emerald World wrote:
That seems awfully rude.

...so? Who are you?

The Emerald World Obviously :p
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:29 pm

TaQud wrote:
SkyDip wrote:...so? Who are you?

The Emerald World Obviously :p

UDL intelligence gathering at its finest. :P

Albrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Albrook » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm

Gregory Llama Land wrote:Well, I could condemn myself for wasting time with such a stupid condemnation, but I won't. Because it would be a waste of everyone's time.

We got stuff against joke proposals, bud. /pat

Gregory Llama Land
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Gregory Llama Land » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:41 pm

Albrook wrote:

True, but then I could (seriously) condemn myself for creating a joke proposal after the original was deleted.

Albrook
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Albrook » Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:23 pm

Gregory Llama Land wrote:
Albrook wrote:

True, but then I could (seriously) condemn myself for creating a joke proposal after the original was deleted.

Understand this, joke proposalception requires a joke proposal to be made and countered with a joke proposal. It will be removed for being a joke proposal and probably be one of those lame 3 liners like

"UNDERSTANDING that Examplestan must be condemned,

CLARIFIES that Examplestan made the joke proposal 'Condemn Examplestan'

HEREBY condemns Examplestan."

So don't do it.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Gregory Llama Land wrote:
Albrook wrote:We got stuff against joke proposals, bud. /pat

Sounds like an excellent reason for the WA to rescind your membership. We do that from time to time, you know.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council