NATION

PASSWORD

[ON HOLD] Liberate Gargantuan

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
United Federation of Canada
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

[ON HOLD] Liberate Gargantuan

Postby United Federation of Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:53 pm

The Security Council,

NOTING that Gargantuan is an unfounded region,

DISMAYED that Virgo seeks to password the region and take it as a colony of The Gargantuan Empire, a newly founded raider region,

CONCERNED that if Virgo is permitted to lock down the region, they have the intent to eject all the nations causing Gargantuan become uninhabitable,

ALARMED that if Gargantuan becomes uninhabitable, the history of the region dating back over one year will be lost forever,

NOTING that several nations that reside in Gargantuan, have no desire for this password to be implemented,

RESOLVED to protect Gargantuan, and the nations that reside there,

HEREBY liberates Gargantuan.

Been a while since I tried to write one of these, but I have no other choice, as my home region is going to be destroyed if the Security Council does not intervene.
Last edited by United Federation of Canada on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:58 pm

United Federation of Canada wrote:
DISMAYED that Virgo seeks to password the region and take it as a colony of The Gargantuan Empire, a newly founded raider region,

I can't remember, but password may be an "out of character" violation pertaining to how the game work. There may be a better way to say this, like - lock down the region.
CONCERNED that if Virgo is permitted to password Gargantuan, they have the intent to eject all the nations causing Gargantuan to cease tom exist,

spelling error and I think this is getting close to how the game works instead of something more SC IC like - the region will become uninhabitable.
Last edited by The Great Destruction on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:05 pm

The Great Destruction wrote:
United Federation of Canada wrote:

I can't remember, but password may be an "out of character" violation pertaining to how the game work. There may be a better way to say this, like - lock down the region.
CONCERNED that if Virgo is permitted to password Gargantuan, they have the intent to eject all the nations causing Gargantuan to cease tom exist,

spelling error and I think this is getting close to how the game works instead of something more SC IC like - the region will become uninhabitable.

Password is a totally viable clause to use, as there is precedent.

Thank you for pointing out that typo.

I do apologize really, I do. This really is not the action that I wanted to take. While I would love for this to be in character, I really don't have much of a choice here.

Changes have been made accordingly. I appreciate your feedback.
Last edited by United Federation of Canada on Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Everbeek
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Everbeek » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:33 am

This looks more like a refound attempt than the subterfuge you try to describe. But thanks for bringing attention to this, I'm sure a few raiders will be trying to intercept the refound now.
The Awesomeness Formerly Known As Campinia
Cromarty wrote:Antifa, the Internationale and the Red Fleet are encased in the largest glass house in existence, and they're not throwing stones, they're firing boulders from catapults.

Big Jim P wrote:
Everbeek wrote:I never say "for god's sake", I always say "for fuck's sake", for the rest I don't care much

Fucking created most of us, so fucking IS god.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 am

Everbeek wrote:This looks more like a refound attempt than the subterfuge you try to describe. But thanks for bringing attention to this, I'm sure a few raiders will be trying to intercept the refound now.

Nope not a refound. They already refounded in The Gargantuan Empire.

This is a flat out attempt to burn the region.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:09 am

For reference, 'password' is a legal term and is confirmed in the list of rulings here.

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:40 am

My dear friends in the Security Council:

The United Federation of Canada continues to spread nothing but heinous, vicious lies. He, at one time, was an ally of our region. However, he never has been a "native" of Gargantuan. In fact, 10000 Islands, the region he claimed to be his homeland, has openly rejected him as part of their cause.

The UFC has been ordered to cease and desist all attempts to prevent a password from being lifted, as we now have credible fear of The Black Riders deciding to invade, since he has sold out our region to them.

As the Emperor of The Gargantuan Empire, our new home, and first President of Gargantuan, I ask that you do not heed to the UFC in this clear attempt to remove our fair right to protect our homeland from invasion.

Thank you all,

Reagan Island

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:09 am

This thing? Again? Haven't we seen enough drama from this clusterfuck of a regional membership already? Can you guys not just talk this sort of stuff out via the new, shiny TG system or on a regional forum? This is getting tiresome.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:18 am

It IS growing tiresome, Skydip. I move to bury this proposal.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:59 am

Reagan Island wrote:It IS growing tiresome, Skydip. I move to bury this proposal.

You're just as bad of a perpetrator if you read those links I posted. You guys need to take your regional squabbles elsewhere.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:08 pm

Skydip,

This is no regional squabble, sir.

This is one nation trying to circumvent the preferences of an entire region. Shameful, it is.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Reagan Island wrote:This is no regional squabble, sir.

This "incident" is and has always been between four of five members of the same region. That's the definition of a regional squabble.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm

Look, if you don't like this, and the other guys do, then...go find your own region. Secede. Break away. I'm not sure this is of the dignity of the Security Council, UFC.
- Beau Conneaut, UCE delegate to the World Assembly
Last edited by The United Colonies of Earth on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:30 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Look, if you don't like this, and the other guys do, then...go find your own region. Secede. Break away. I'm not sure this is of the dignity of the Security Council, UFC.

Thank you! Our thoughts exactly!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Reagan Island wrote:My dear friends in the Security Council:

The United Federation of Canada continues to spread nothing but heinous, vicious lies. He, at one time, was an ally of our region. However, he never has been a "native" of Gargantuan. In fact, 10000 Islands, the region he claimed to be his homeland, has openly rejected him as part of their cause.

The UFC has been ordered to cease and desist all attempts to prevent a password from being lifted, as we now have credible fear of The Black Riders deciding to invade, since he has sold out our region to them.

As the Emperor of The Gargantuan Empire, our new home, and first President of Gargantuan, I ask that you do not heed to the UFC in this clear attempt to remove our fair right to protect our homeland from invasion.

Thank you all,

Reagan Island

Reagan,

I am as much of a native of the region as you are. Their is no deception here on my part.

The Black Riders are no threat to the region an you know it. If they were, they would have hit it already. Grow up.

Provide evidence that I have sold the region out to The Black Riders. In fact get a majority of the members of Gargantuan to back up your case on this forum for a password to be put in place, and I will cease and desist immediately. I bet they won't as it is you and what 3 other nations that want the password?

SkyDip wrote:This thing? Again? Haven't we seen enough drama from this clusterfuck of a regional membership already? Can you guys not just talk this sort of stuff out via the new, shiny TG system or on a regional forum? This is getting tiresome.

I do apologize Skydip, I really do. Unfortunatley this is the only way to protect my home region from being burned to the ground. Reagan Island, and Virgo refuse to listen to reason.

SkyDip wrote:

This "incident" is and has always been between four of five members of the same region. That's the definition of a regional squabble.

While this may appear to be a regional squabble, I definitely assure you it is not. What no one is seeing here is this is a two-fold situation. Reagan Island has recently founded The Gargantuan Empire, a raider region. The only reason they want this password, is so they don't have to expend valuable resources defending it, from 'so called' invasion by The Black Riders. :rofl:

If they are permitted to password, then they can expend those resources raiding other regions, and were right back here again, liberating other regions from their grasp.

I submit as evidence an excerpt of the The Gargantuan Empire constituttion to back up this claim:

ARTICLE 2. The Empire Military
1. There shall be risen an Empire Military. The Emperor will appoint a nation to oversee this force, with the approval of the House of Representatives. The Empire Military General will report directly to the Emperor.
2. The purpose of the Empire Military is two-fold: to defend and protect The Gargantuan Empire from enemy threats and to invade and secure additional colonies for The Gargantuan Empire.
3. Any nation may volunteer to join the Empire Military.
4. During times of peace, any nation may dismiss themselves from the Empire Military.
5. During times of conflict or war, no nations are permitted to dismiss themselves from the Empire Military. Any nation that does not adhere to this clause will be guilty of treason and be subject to severe discipline up to, and including, banning and ejection from The Gargantuan Empire.

The Gargantuan empire Constitution

As long as this password is prevented, regions will be secure from them and I get to keep my home region. This is a win-win situation for everyone.

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:Look, if you don't like this, and the other guys do, then...go find your own region. Secede. Break away. I'm not sure this is of the dignity of the Security Council, UFC.

Precisely. They have FOUNDED their own region. They no longer have any claim to Gargantuan. They can just go back to their newly founded region, and leave this one alone to proceed on its own. This is nothing more that imperialism and greed, and I ask the members of the World Assembly to please prevent it from happening, for the good of everyone.
Last edited by United Federation of Canada on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Canada. Let me make this REAL simple.

When will you wake up and smell the coffee?

You are not liked.

You are not wanted.

The password IS wanted.

Your presence is not needed.

You see, if Gargantuan was truly your concern, you wouldn't have founded YOUR own region, either.

We want the password so we can keep our homeland safe.

Gargantuan is NOT you homeland.

Please quit lying.

How many nations does it take to get you to shut the heck up?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:29 pm

Reagan Island wrote:Canada. Let me make this REAL simple.

When will you wake up and smell the coffee?

You are not liked.

You are not wanted.

The password IS wanted.

Your presence is not needed.

You see, if Gargantuan was truly your concern, you wouldn't have founded YOUR own region, either.

We want the password so we can keep our homeland safe.

Gargantuan is NOT you homeland.

Please quit lying.

How many nations does it take to get you to shut the heck up?

I founded my mown region after your crony Virgo went on his rampage and kicked damn near everyone out of Gargantuan, including you.

How is this your homeland? You have your founded region, and anybody that didn't want to be in Gargantuan left. As for not being liked, I beg to differ.

Rhemaland
Secretary

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhemaland » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:11 pm

My name is Rhemaland and I stand with Reagan Island. We do not support Canada and we wish to raise a password.
Rhemaland
Rhemari Bushard, President
Treymour Silineas, Speaker

Current Struggle(s)
n/a

Max-A-Million Centre
Civilian

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Max-A-Million Centre » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:17 pm

Rhemaland wrote:My name is Rhemaland and I stand with Reagan Island. We do not support Canada and we wish to raise a password.

Agreed 100%!

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:44 pm

SkyDip wrote:

What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council. This sort of back-and-forth about who likes who belongs on offsite forums or IRC chat rooms. You should try one or both of those and quit wasting our time.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby United Federation of Canada » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:05 pm

Okay,

If that is what everyone wants I will drop this issue. When The Gargantuan Empire decided to go on a raiding spree and we are back here arguing about liberating those regions they have decided to take as colonies just remember one thing:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by United Federation of Canada on Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reagan Island
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reagan Island » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:50 pm

United Federation of Canada wrote:Okay,

If that is what everyone wants I will drop this issue. When The Gargantuan Empire decided to go on a raiding spree and we are back here arguing about liberating those regions they have decided to take as colonies just remember one thing:

I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just shut the heck up, already!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:02 pm

If I see you two hold another immature argument here, expect to be warned. Grow up.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council