NATION

PASSWORD

Silly SC proposals - post them here!

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Carbandia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Carbandia » Sat Sep 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal

Resolution: SC#3

Proposed by: Tuore

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #3: Condemn NAZI EUROPE shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: ACCEPTING that the Nazi ideology was one of hate,

NOTING that the region in question has not had a violent history,

BELIEVING that basing a proposal upon the name of a region, despite any bad history of such a name, is inappropriate,

NOTING that, regardless of any harbourage of the Nazi belief, the region has not posed any threat to other regions,

REALISING that the various attempts to defend the region have failed in complete disregard of the occupants of the region,

Upon the basis that 'a book should not be judged by it's cover', the WA hereby renders the condeming of NAZI EUROPE null and void.

Approvals: 4 (Andrewboy, Mary Queen of Scots, Surote, Deutsches Preussen)

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 15 hours

You know, it is generally considered good form to not post a second attempt at a repeal till the first one's gone out of the queoe..

The Sedge
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sedge » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Aside from that, this part is a big lie:

NOTING that, regardless of any harbourage of the Nazi belief, the region has not posed any threat to other regions,

Nazi Europe have invaded quite a few regions recently. Thats not enough to get it removed from the queue though.

Unibot
Senator

Founded: May 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:38 pm

Thats not enough to get it removed from the queue though.

As far as I know (which apparently is very little these days) -- the mods aren't deleting proposals because of factual errors. They're letting delegates fact-check for themselves (or not).

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:47 pm

The Sedge wrote:Nazi Europe have invaded quite a few regions recently. Thats not enough to get it removed from the queue though.

Define "recently".

Yeah, if I were a mod, I wouldn't bother with fact checking on In Game history, actives, etc., either, its just too technical and too prone to error. I feel like the main concern of the game staff should be to make sure no illegal proposals that try to introduce game changes get through, but that's just me, and I'm not a mod. :p
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Gobbannium
Envoy

Founded: Jan 10, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:44 am

Unibot wrote:
Thats not enough to get it removed from the queue though.

As far as I know (which apparently is very little these days) -- the mods aren't deleting proposals because of factual errors. They're letting delegates fact-check for themselves (or not).

I think the "these days" might be a trifle redundant :)

The mods have never deleted proposals because of factual errors. It's always been up to the players to RP screaming blue murder over that, as well you should remember from the environmental stuff you first tried writing. If proposals could be deleted for being Just Plain Wrong (aside from "honest mistakes" in repeals, i.e. the writer getting the wrong end of the stick in game), there's at least one repeal on the NSUN books that would never have made it to vote (he says bitterly).

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:59 am

gobby wrote:I think the "these days" might be a trifle redundant
:)

Yarh. :p

there's at least one repeal on the NSUN books that would never have made it to vote (he says bitterly).

Hhhm? Which repeal would that be ? :eyebrow:
Max Barry Day?

Gobbannium
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:40 am

Unibot wrote:
gobby wrote:there's at least one repeal on the NSUN books that would never have made it to vote (he says bitterly).

Max Barry Day?

No, one of the repeals of labour union rights law, the last one if I remember right (I can't be bothered to look it up, and I don't really want to re-read that tripe anyway). I understand that people have strong opinions on the subject of unions, but that repeal stepped well over the line of presenting opinion as fact, to the point where I felt no compunction at all about calling the author a liar.

The MBD repeal, by contrast, was a lovely bit of verbal gymnastics that had to be written that way because "it's illegal as all hell" isn't a valid reason to repeal!

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:14 am

Gobbannium wrote:
Unibot wrote:
gobby wrote:there's at least one repeal on the NSUN books that would never have made it to vote (he says bitterly).

Max Barry Day?

No, one of the repeals of labour union rights law, the last one if I remember right (I can't be bothered to look it up, and I don't really want to re-read that tripe anyway). I understand that people have strong opinions on the subject of unions, but that repeal stepped well over the line of presenting opinion as fact, to the point where I felt no compunction at all about calling the author a liar.

The MBD repeal, by contrast, was a lovely bit of verbal gymnastics that had to be written that way because "it's illegal as all hell" isn't a valid reason to repeal!

I was going to say -- 'cause I enjoyed the MBD repeal.

I'll take your word for it on the Labour Union rights law repeal however.
Last edited by Unibot on Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:34 am

Great, can we end the threadjack now?
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Unibot
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:19 pm

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Great, can we end the threadjack now?

Certainly...

As for the legality of these submitted proposals... I don't know, the 'rules' are so nebulous these days.

But...
Commend Texas
A resolution to recognize outstanding contribution by a nation or region.

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Texas | Proposed by: Bryce the toy maker

1. This outstanding region urges nations to vote for wa resolutions.

2. The remarkable nation of NewTexas, Texas founder and Wa delegate, is also active about Wa proposals.

3. Further realizing that Texas has an outstanding simulation of Breakfasts each day.

4. Also recognizing, that Texas is very active in the game.

5. This proposal states that this region NEEDS to be commended.

Hhhm... funny, its states the need for it to be commended, but doesn't actually declare it commended?
(as far as I know, it isn't illegal, just kinda funny)

Commend Vietnam Empire

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Vietnam Empire | Proposed by: Hobit

During my war against Communist rebels, Vietnam Empire stepped in and offered refuge to any citizen in the warzone. During the war they continued evacuation of Hobitian citizens as well as Bei Battorian citizens. They also helped rescue survivors of a nuclear bombing in Beijing. As a result I hereby propose that we should commend Vietnam Empire for the heroic acts as well as their acts of humanity.

The use of personal pronouns is odd. Sort of sounds like he's commending them, not the WA. Albeit, he suggests "we" do it... who? me !?

Gobbannium
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:02 am

Unibot wrote:

Commend Vietnam Empire

Category: Commendation | Nominee: Vietnam Empire | Proposed by: Hobit

During my war against Communist rebels, Vietnam Empire stepped in and offered refuge to any citizen in the warzone. During the war they continued evacuation of Hobitian citizens as well as Bei Battorian citizens. They also helped rescue survivors of a nuclear bombing in Beijing. As a result I hereby propose that we should commend Vietnam Empire for the heroic acts as well as their acts of humanity.

The use of personal pronouns is odd. Sort of sounds like he's commending them, not the WA. Albeit, he suggests "we" do it... who? me !?

It could be more formally written, but it's actually pretty sound as C&Cs go.
Prince Rhodri of Segontium, Master of the Red Hounds, etc, etc.
Ambassador to the World Assembly of the Principalities of Gobbannium

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:21 am

Commend Fruitopia Eutopia

Category: Commendation

Nominee: FlagFruitopia Eutopia

Proposed by: FlagNew Sleepington

Description: We need to praise the glory of the great nation Fruitopia Eutopia. Why? Here are the facts:
1. They are online regulary
2. They have good polices and give respect
3. They accept refugees from wartorn countries
4. The leader is compassionate and caring towards his people of a one of a kind first world nation

Now get behind me and Fruitopia Eutopia!

Approvals: 4 (Kingsley Bedford, RIP yakier, Andrewboy, Kershnertopia)

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 4 hours

Funny for not commending it at the end, and also i belive the last line is illegal, because a resolution can only commend :lol: .
Last edited by Firstaria on Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:16 am

Condemn The Hoodlums Islands
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation
Nominee: The Hoodlums Islands
Proposed by: Kwenlandia

Description: This act has been summoned by the DISORGINAZATION in The Hoodlums Islands.

KNOWING that the name or title "Hoodlums" is a school gang from south L.A., and srictly seriouse.

UDERSTANDING that they have more than one nations in the WA: Chinexico=SethRodie

BELIEVING that they use "rough" language, Spamming, and "MOD-KISS-UPS"

DESCRIMINATORY COMMENTS: Is the number on reason this act has been put. To prevent any discrimination!

The accusations of WA multi-ing and spamming are things that should be dealt with via getting help requests, not WA resolutions. Also, doesn't have the 'Hereby Condemns The Hoodlums Islands' line.

Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A proposal to repeal a previously passed resolution

Category: Repeal
Resolution: SC#3
Proposed by: Apollyon1976

Description: WA Security Council Resolution #3: Condemn NAZI EUROPE shall be struck out and rendered null and void.

Argument: who is the Assembly think they are to try and enforce what people listen to.

Are you afraid to have your own opinions? And who are you to impose your will upon others?

Just plain stupid. Doesn't have any argument as to why the resolution should be repealed.

Cspalla
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Cspalla » Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:18 pm

Bears Armed wrote:
Commend Cspallan Space

Nominee: Cspallan Space
Proposed by: Blythina

Description: cspallan space is a region that needs to be recognize more and needs to have more nations. The region is home to one nation. The region of Cspallan Space is a great region for any nation. The region has no wa delgate and members.
Approvals: 3 (Blythina, Billy bob joey, Turkmenistani)
Voting Ends: in 2 days, 13 hours

Not worthy of the WA's attention... and if he can't get recruits for his nation then why does he think that he's going to get enough support to get this passed or even to quorum: Bloody silly!

Actually rather funny. I just noticed this today on my regional happenings...never even heard of Blythina. Weirdest thing I've had happen in a while.

New Xania
Envoy

Founded: Jul 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Xania » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:19 pm

Commend Bengera

Nominee: Bengera
Proposed by: Khodoristan

Description: NOTING that Bengera's elite, corrupt deputies viciously and illegaly overthrew it's democratically elected governmnet and replaced with a Soviet,

CONCERNED that said nation is heading down the path of international seclusion, sanctions, and possible military action,

ANGERED that no other nation has stood up to the
illegal and opressive Bengeran regime

DISMAYED that said nation's actions may lead to the removal of democratically elected governments under the guise of the removal of an "Evil" government,

CONDEMNS The Republic Of Bengera

Approvals: 2 (Bergnovinaia, Turkmenistani)

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 22 hours

Category fail.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:24 am

Condemn Krioval

Nominee: FlagKrioval

Proposed by: FlagKrioval

Description: NOTING that the Great Chiefdom of Krioval promotes the vile and disgusting notion of free trade despite a flat income tax of nearly 90%,

CONCERNED that said nation is eroding the purity of its home region, Antarctic Oasis,

UTTERLY HORRIFIED that Krioval has opposed legislation that would protect cute fluffy animals,

DISMAYED BEYOND HOPE that said nation might resort to WA puppetry in order to statwank,

CONDEMNS FOR ALL ETERNITY* the Great Chiefdom of Krioval

* unless repealed

I think the * part is the funniest thing ever. JUST LEAVE "FOR ALL ETERNITY"!!!

Commend Sweet Furry Kittens

Nominee: FlagSweet Furry Kittens

Proposed by: FlagInflatable Gandalfs

Description: The World Assembly,

Acknowledging Texas as a major region of NationStates,

Recognizing Sweet Furry Kittens' role in helping make Texas the shining example of regional excellence it is today,

Expressing gratitude to the Kittens for keeping their fellow Texans entertained with fun polls, games, chatter, gossip and advice,

Recalling that as Goddess of Texas, Sweet Furry Kittens has been held up on a pedestal for all Texans to worship and admire,

Regretting that this is not enough,

Insisting that a nation of Sweet Furry Kittens' caliber deserves acclaim not only from her fellow regionmates, but also the world at large,

Availing itself of its new 'Commend' option for that purpose,

Hereby COMMENDS the nation of Sweet Furry Kittens.

Approvals: 7 (NewTexas, Asyhlo AO, Usual People In Life, ROMPA, Opressive Forces, Twigica, Kandarin)

Voting Ends: in 1 day, 18 hours

There is a link to "Texas" in the resolution, and i don't belive is good for a resolution.
Last edited by Firstaria on Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:50 am

Firstaria wrote:
Commend Sweet Furry Kittens

Nominee: FlagSweet Furry Kittens

Proposed by: FlagInflatable Gandalfs

Description: The World Assembly,

Acknowledging Texas as a major region of NationStates,

Recognizing Sweet Furry Kittens' role in helping make Texas the shining example of regional excellence it is today,

Expressing gratitude to the Kittens for keeping their fellow Texans entertained with fun polls, games, chatter, gossip and advice,

Recalling that as Goddess of Texas, Sweet Furry Kittens has been held up on a pedestal for all Texans to worship and admire,

Regretting that this is not enough,

Insisting that a nation of Sweet Furry Kittens' caliber deserves acclaim not only from her fellow regionmates, but also the world at large,

Availing itself of its new 'Commend' option for that purpose,

Hereby COMMENDS the nation of Sweet Furry Kittens.

Approvals: 7 (NewTexas, Asyhlo AO, Usual People In Life, ROMPA, Opressive Forces, Twigica, Kandarin)

Voting Ends: in 1 day, 18 hours

There is a link to "Texas" in the resolution, and i don't belive is good for a resolution.

Its been done before, ambassador, without persecution.
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:15 am

Indeed i just said what i belive. By the way, seems to me a slight way to commend Texas since the proposal has failed more than twice.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:30 am

It's only been submitted twice; when it expires it will have failed exactly twice. But only because I don't feel like telegramming for it. The link to Texas I felt was pertinent, since SFK is being commended specifically for her activities in Texas.
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

Gobbannium
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Gobbannium » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm

Liberate the West Pacific

A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): the West Pacific
Proposed by: Dow Jone corporations

Description: To allow 3rd world nations Military suppourt in the time of war,in return you may use that nation's land during peace time.

Does this make any sense to anyone?

Stash Kroh
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Stash Kroh » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:43 pm

Gobbannium wrote:

Description: To allow 3rd world nations Military suppourt in the time of war,in return you may use that nation's land during peace time.

Hhhm... ?

I think he's trying to say ...

"By liberating the West Pacific and its enslaved inhabitants we'd be giving defenders access to the region so they can fight off the region's despotic raiders. Once self-determination is re-established, the West Pacific will flourish and grow into a harmonious garden of eden -- where defenders and the old natives can run free, and wild!"

The only problem is,
  • The West Pacific is not being raided
  • There is no password to strike down
Ambassador Adelinda Gliemann
The Clockwork Forge of Stash Kroh
WA Security Council Liaison

King Kulla
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby King Kulla » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:21 pm

Stash Kroh wrote:
Gobbannium wrote:

Hhhm... ?

I think he's trying to say ...

"By liberating the West Pacific and its enslaved inhabitants we'd be giving defenders access to the region so they can fight off the region's despotic raiders. Once self-determination is re-established, the West Pacific will flourish and grow into a harmonious garden of eden -- where defenders and the old natives can run free, and wild!"

The only problem is,
  • The West Pacific is not being raided
  • There is no password to strike down

Not to mention terrible spelling and grammar! :lol:

Luchsandria
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Luchsandria » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:58 pm

Condemn the Pacific

Nominee: the Pacific
Proposed by: New Kervoskia

Description: RECOGNIZING the Pacific's official religion of Pacific Orthodoxy to be heresy,

BELIEVING that Allah is the one true God as explained by the prophet Muhammad,

and NOTING that the Pacific has rejected His guidance,

the World Assembly hereby CONDEMNS the Pacific and calls upon their delegate to beg Allah for mercy.

Approvals: 7 (Durkadurkiranistan, Krulltopia, Todd McCloud, Lucretia Borgia, Ruthersburg, RIP yakier, Asyhlo AO)

Voting Ends: in 2 days, 7 hours

Do I really need to say it?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:22 pm

Condemn Oh my Days

Nominee: FlagOh my Days

Proposed by: FlagYoumania

Description: TO KNOW,

THAT THE OPRESSED PEOPLES OF OH MY DAYS:

EMBRACES The Evil Idelogy of Nazi Racism;

PROCLAIMS Itself a Nazi.

The World Assembly does not welcome supporters of Hitler. So Oh my Days is hearby condemned and is expelled from the Assembly.

RL reference (Hitler), plus calls for him to be kicked out the WA.

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 am

It also includes a reference to Nazis, but since when are such references disallowed in the SC?
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council