NATION

PASSWORD

{DRAFT} Condemn Tim-Opolis

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

{DRAFT} Condemn Tim-Opolis

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:27 pm

Condemn Tim-Opolis

NOTICING the nation of Tim-Opolis has used puppet governments to overthrow many regions.

HORRIFIED by the actions the government of Tim-Opolis took in the region of Iran.

FURTHER HORRIFIED at how the nation of Tim-Opolis partook in the vandalizing of hundreds of regions and lead the vandalization of more than one hundred regions.

SHOCKED at how the nation of Tim-Opolis willingly participated in the removal of nations from the Region of reunited muslim states.

HEREBY AFFIRMING that these actions shocked the International Community with the brutality involved.

BELIEVING that the Greater Nationstates Community should not tolerate these types of outrageous actions from governments.

SURPRISED at the fact that the same government of Tim-Opolis later abandoned the organizations it did these prior actions with and joined an organization fighting against the very type of barbarity that the nation of Tim-Opolis committed.

UNDERSTANDING that the State of Tim-Opolis may have had a change of heart in these issues.

COUNTERING, with the fact that the Tim-Opolisian state still holds Sympathies to heinous actions that were committed by the same Tim-Opolisian state.

WORRYING that the Government of Tim-Opolis may very well return to these prior examples of nefariousness.

SHOCKED at the resources and information that the nation of Tim-Opolis has at its disposal and the ability to successfully employ them.

BELIEVING that the nationstates community should not forget these atrocities that have been committed.

CONDEMNING the nation of Tim-Opolis as a memorial to the horrible actions committed and as a punishment for said despicable actions.

Condemn Tim-Opolis

NOTICING the nation of Tim-Opolis has used puppet governments to overthrow many regions.

HORRIFIED by the actions Tim-Opolis- using the puppet nation Weirdness of Doom- took in the region of Iran, such as the purging of up to thirty nations from the region, just because the United Defenders League would not respond to the invasion.

FURTHER HORRIFIED at how the nation of Tim-Opolis partook in the vandalizing of hundreds of regions and lead the vandalization of more than one hundred regions, also noting that these vandalizing operations served no purpose and was only perpetrated so that Tim-Opolis could try to achieve a record.

SHOCKED at how the nation of Tim-Opolis willingly participated in the removal of nations from the Region of Reunited Muslim where Tim-Opolis was responsible for the removal of up to forty percent of the total nations removed.

AFFIRMING that these actions should not and will not be tolerated by the NS Community and that this Condemnation should serve as a memorial to the horrible actions committed and as punishment for said outrageous actions.

SURPRISED at the fact that Tim-Opolis later abandoned the organizations it did these prior actions with and joined an organization fighting against the very type of barbarity that the nation of Tim-Opolis committed.

UNDERSTANDING that Tim-Opolis may have had a change of heart in these issues.

COUNTERING, with the fact that Tim-Opolis still holds Sympathies to heinous actions that were committed by the same Tim-Opolisian state.

WORRYING that Tim-Opolis may very well return to these prior examples of nefariousness.

SHOCKED at the resources and information that the nation of Tim-Opolis has at its disposal and the ability to successfully employ them.

This Resolution Hereby Condemns Tim-Opolis

Well, the resolution is nowhere near perfect. If anyone knows anymore "atrocities" that the Nation of Tim participated in, feel free to mention them.
Last edited by Thomas Insaniac on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 am, edited 11 times in total.

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Absolutely not. It's purely a badge of honour. There are also many nations that have done far more worse things. Opposed.
~ WA Representative - Treacle Smith ~

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:13 pm

I have grave concerns that Tim-Opolis might explode with delight if he ever got a condemnation badge. Hence, I have to vote AGAINST this for the good of his own health. Incidentally, this is why I almost universally don't like condemnations.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Eist wrote:I have grave concerns that Tim-Opolis might explode with delight if he ever got a condemnation badge. Hence, I have to vote AGAINST this for the good of his own health. Incidentally, this is why I almost universally don't like condemnations.

Hmm, well wouldn't that be on less person in the UDL and one less potential raider? If I was you, I would support.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:57 pm

Aww, I'm touched :blush:

Jamie Anumia wrote:Absolutely not. It's purely a badge of honour. There are also many nations that have done far more worse things. Opposed.

Jamie, LIES! It is a badge of Punishment! Total Punishment!
Also, is that second part a challenge :P

Eist wrote:I have grave concerns that Tim-Opolis might explode with delight if he ever got a condemnation badge. Hence, I have to vote AGAINST this for the good of his own health. Incidentally, this is why I almost universally don't like condemnations.

I think pretty much anyone in Gameplay would explode in delight if they got either Commend/Condemn Badge. The Commend/Condemn system is really one giant backpat.
do enjoy the witty comment though :P

So umm, I can't say I would dislike the badge. I think most Gameplayers that say that are lying to themselves.

Trying to stay as Objective as I can, I find that "The Government of Tim-Opolis" or "The State of Tim-Opolis" sounds better. Especially since in the 1-2 times when I've actually *gasp* Roleplayed.. I didn't use Tim-Opolisian. It sounds kinda lame.. Although, really, I don't think I'm a fan of the entire RP in this proposal. I'm a Gameplayer, not a Roleplayer. Perhaps lessen that a bit? :P
I would put edits myself, but I feel like that would be a tad unorthodox.

edit: As well as this. More specific details are needed. Ask around, and you should be able to get some sources. I'd prefer not to help out unless begged repeatedly and perhaps bribed with cookies.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:05 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:Aww, I'm touched :blush:

Jamie Anumia wrote:Absolutely not. It's purely a badge of honour. There are also many nations that have done far more worse things. Opposed.

Jamie, LIES! It is a badge of Punishment! Total Punishment!
Also, is that second part a challenge :P

I think pretty much anyone in Gameplay would explode in delight if they got either Commend/Condemn Badge. The Commend/Condemn system is really one giant backpat.
do enjoy the witty comment though :P

So umm, I can't say I would dislike the badge. I think most Gameplayers that say that are lying to themselves.

Trying to stay as Objective as I can, I find that "The Government of Tim-Opolis" or "The State of Tim-Opolis" sounds better. Especially since in the 1-2 times when I've actually *gasp* Roleplayed.. I didn't use Tim-Opolisian. It sounds kinda lame.. Although, really, I don't think I'm a fan of the entire RP in this proposal. I'm a Gameplayer, not a Roleplayer. Perhaps lessen that a bit? :P
I would put edits myself, but I feel like that would be a tad unorthodox.

edit: As well as this. More specific details are needed. Ask around, and you should be able to get some sources. I'd prefer not to help out unless begged repeatedly and perhaps bribed with cookies.

You're an ebil raider/defender hybrid, you don't get the choose the descriptors in the proposal. D:

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:46 am

Nah.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 am

So, if Tim-Opolis doesn't get condemned for his actions, what then is the standard for earning one?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:11 am

Cinistra wrote:So, if Tim-Opolis doesn't get condemned for his actions, what then is the standard for earning one?

For one, I'm happy supporting condemnations for nations that have RPed well as an "evil" nation, such as Automagfreek.

If there was a raider nation or region that had really shown consistent excellence on the battlefield, then I would be more likely to support. Given the nature of raiding recently, I can't think of a single player of this contemporary era that is deserving. But the problem with this is that the condemnation is so ill-defined. Anyway, Tim-Opolis does not fit this bill because tagging "hundreds of regions" is not that impressive to me. It's little more than an annoyance, extremely ephemeral, and doesn't require much fore-thought or staying power.

His greatest achievement in my eyes is pulling the wool over UDL's eyes twice, but since Belshaft is allowed to raid and defend simultaneously being a member of UDL, it doesn't seem that even this is much of an achievement.
Last edited by Eist on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:49 am

We should commend Tim for his excellent service to the 3WB. :lol:

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:35 pm

Eist wrote:
Cinistra wrote:So, if Tim-Opolis doesn't get condemned for his actions, what then is the standard for earning one?

For one, I'm happy supporting condemnations for nations that have RPed well as an "evil" nation, such as Automagfreek.

If there was a raider nation or region that had really shown consistent excellence on the battlefield, then I would be more likely to support. Given the nature of raiding recently, I can't think of a single player of this contemporary era that is deserving. But the problem with this is that the condemnation is so ill-defined. Anyway, Tim-Opolis does not fit this bill because tagging "hundreds of regions" is not that impressive to me. It's little more than an annoyance, extremely ephemeral, and doesn't require much fore-thought or staying power.

His greatest achievement in my eyes is pulling the wool over UDL's eyes twice, but since Belshaft is allowed to raid and defend simultaneously being a member of UDL, it doesn't seem that even this is much of an achievement.

Maybe we're straying outside the actual topic in question, but can you please explain the first red highlight?
Also, I am puzzled by the fact that a nation does both raiding and defending. Is a raider really allowed to stay in UDL? I believed they were hard line fendas?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Cinistra wrote:
Eist wrote:

Maybe we're straying outside the actual topic in question, but can you please explain the first red highlight?
Also, I am puzzled by the fact that a nation does both raiding and defending. Is a raider really allowed to stay in UDL? I believed they were hard line fendas?

1) Contemporary, in that I have only been playing 2.5 years, and it's my understanding that some raiders of yesteryear were actually rather intelligent in their operations. Sadly, and for whatever reasons, we don't see much of this at all these days.

2) Looking at the signature under Belschaft's current last post should clear what I was saying. I don't suppose it will clear up the confusion (which I still have), though; you'd have to ask Belshaft or Unibot III that yourself.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:58 pm

Hmmmm.....I am inclined to vote ..... FOR

That bar tender always did look shifty to me.

Zhang, Dharma of the “Four Books”, Chancellor of Ming, Juzheng Master Statesman, Head of Foreign Affairs

OOC: It seems (if memory serves me correctly) that for many years Tim-opolis has produced many reasons for both a condemnation and a commendation but a commendable condemnation would be more fitting than a condemnable commendation. :p

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Mahaj wrote:Nah.

Thank you for that extremely insightful addition to the Topic.

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:We should commend Tim for his excellent service to the 3WB. :lol:

Commending Erbul Raiders? Preposterous!

Eist wrote:
Cinistra wrote:Maybe we're straying outside the actual topic in question, but can you please explain the first red highlight?

1) Contemporary, in that I have only been playing 2.5 years, and it's my understanding that some raiders of yesteryear were actually rather intelligent in their operations. Sadly, and for whatever reasons, we don't see much of this at all these days.

2) Looking at the signature under Belschaft's current last post should clear what I was saying. I don't suppose it will clear up the confusion (which I still have), though; you'd have to ask Belshaft or Unibot III that yourself.

Can you please NOT make this another UDL is bad topic? Honestly, enough of those exist in Gameplay.

The Great Destruction wrote:Hmmmm.....I am inclined to vote ..... FOR

That bar tender always did look shifty to me.

Zhang, Dharma of the “Four Books”, Chancellor of Ming, Juzheng Master Statesman, Head of Foreign Affairs

OOC: It seems (if memory serves me correctly) that for many years Tim-opolis has produced many reasons for both a condemnation and a commendation but a commendable condemnation would be more fitting than a condemnable commendation. :p

Tim has done a lot of things over the while, some may have been commendable, however I feel the outstanding and major ones he did were condemnable by MODERN NS Standards.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:17 pm

A quick question for Eist, Mahaj and Jamie, are you guys against the premise of the proposal or against the content of the proposal?

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:10 pm

Thomas Insaniac wrote:A quick question for Eist, Mahaj and Jamie, are you guys against the premise of the proposal or against the content of the proposal?

Mahaj and Eist would never do anything on ideological grounds alone. :meh:

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Thomas Insaniac wrote:A quick question for Eist, Mahaj and Jamie, are you guys against the premise of the proposal or against the content of the proposal?

Mahaj and Eist would never do anything on ideological grounds alone. :meh:

Haven't interacted with Eist, at all.

Also, I would think Mahaj would support this resolution because it "awards" a UDL'er.

Luxembourg
Attaché

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:06 pm

Against

Eist
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:22 pm

Both. As I have stated above, I don't think he should be condemned for his actions. I can't think of any raider that deserves this badge at this moment. And the content is not that well worded (which is often fine if I support it), but more importantly you have factual errors: for example, your defining paragraph starting "SHOCKED" has the name of the region invaded spelt incorrectly.

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Eist wrote:

I love you for this.

I was doing this months before Bel ever did. Where's the focus on me? :(
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Both. Plus I vote against 99% of proposals that come from the SC. Especially ones related to R/D.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:24 pm

HORRIFIED by the actions Tim-Opolis- using the puppet nation Weirdness of Doom- took in the region of Iran, such as the purging of up to thirty nations from the region, just because the United Defenders League would not respond to the invasion.

That UDL stab won't get you many votes :P
FURTHER HORRIFIED at how the nation of Tim-Opolis partook in the vandalizing of hundreds of regions and lead the vandalization of more than one hundred regions, also noting that these vandalizing operations served no purpose and was only perpetrated so that Tim-Opolis could try to achieve a record.

You mean the tagging sprees? Not a huge horror.
HEREBY AFFIRMING that these actions shocked the International Community with the brutality involved.

BELIEVING that the Greater Nationstates Community should not tolerate these types of outrageous actions from governments.
BELIEVING that the Nationstates Community should not forget these atrocities that have been committed.

CONDEMNING the nation of Tim-Opolis as a memorial to the horrible actions committed and as a punishment for said despicable actions.

You could make those 4 lines into one since (to me) they all say the same thing.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:38 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:

That UDL stab won't get you many votes :P

According to Tim himself, that was a reason for the ejections.

You mean the tagging sprees? Not a huge horror.

I'm going to go on a limb and assume that you weren't part of the group that had to clean them up?

BELIEVING that the Nationstates Community should not forget these atrocities that have been committed.

You could make those 4 lines into one since (to me) they all say the same thing.

Constructive Criticism, yay

AFFIRMING that these actions should not and will not be tolerated by the NS Community and that this Condemnation should serve as a memorial to the horrible actions committed and as punishment for said outrageous actions.

Would that be a good fix for my overstatement?

Eist wrote:

Both. As I have stated above, I don't think he should be condemned for his actions. I can't think of any raider that deserves this badge at this moment.

I don't think either of us are changing our minds on that subject, guess we can just agree to disagree?

And the content is not that well worded (which is often fine if I support it), but more importantly you have factual errors: for example, your defining paragraph starting "SHOCKED" has the name of the region invaded spelt incorrectly.

Hmm, Well that's a stupid mistake on my part. :/, any more that catches your eye?

Jamie Anumia wrote:
Both. Plus I vote against 99% of proposals that come from the SC. Especially ones related to R/D.

Okay, Tim doesn't deserve a condemnation and you don't like the SC, got it.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:52 am

Still won't get you any support.
I'm going to go on a limb and assume that you weren't part of the group that had to clean them up?

Sorry to snap your limb then :P

Looks better.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Still won't get you any support.

Hmm....

Sorry to snap your limb then :P

Cleaning the tag's up are horrifying actions, how could you say that they aren't!

Looks better.

OP edited.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council