NATION

PASSWORD

[Submitted] Condemn Biyah

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Kogvuron
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

[Submitted] Condemn Biyah

Postby Kogvuron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Condemn Biyah

NOTING Biyah's long history as a tyrant in various regions of the world, such as The West Pacific and The East Pacific,

SHOCKED by the havoc wreaked by Biyah when it overthrew the democratically elected government of The West Pacific to create The Dominion, and then helped the West Pacific Triumvirate resulting in the creation of a dictatorship and civil war,

APPALLED by the damage imposed during Biyah's despotic reign in The Empire in The East Pacific, including the illegal banning of over 100 nations and imposition of an Imperial Monarchy on the region,

HORRIFIED by the chaos set off in The Rejected Realms and throughout the international community by Biyah's revelation of Sedgistan as the rogue delegate Devonitions of The South Pacific, without regard for the consequences,

SICKENED by Biyah's de-stabilizing of countless regions and governments during its career as an intelligence and special operations agent,

DISGUSTED by Biyah's lack of regret for the actions previously noted, even taking pride in them,

DISTURBED that Biyah has not been previously condemned for its heinous actions,

HEREBY Condemns Biyah.

Co-written by: Kogvuron, Lyanna Stark, and Cromarty
Last edited by Kogvuron on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul. " - William Ernest Henley

"Cowards die many times before their deaths,
The valiant never taste of death but once." - Julius Caesar

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:46 pm

*pounds table yelling about Osirian circle-jerk*

Sorry about that, SC tradition. This should be interesting. :) I support.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:47 pm

HORRIFIED by the chaos set off in The Rejected Realms and throughout the international community by Biyah's revelation of Sedgistan as the rogue delegate Devonitions of The South Pacific, without regard for the consequences,

Surely Biyah should be commended for this particular action, rather than condemned?
Last edited by Belschaft on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm

I made it all these years without a badge, thanks.
-Lord Menelian, Patriarch of The House of Rahl, Reborn.

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

Thomas Insaniac
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Capitalizt

Postby Thomas Insaniac » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:49 pm

I always knew Biyah was evil.

Support

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Condemn Biyah

NOTING Biyah's long history as a tyrant in various regions of the world, such as The West Pacific and The East Pacific,

SHOCKED by the havoc wreaked by Biyah when he overthrew the democratically elected government of The West Pacific to create The Dominion, and then helped the West Pacific Triumvirate resulting in the creation of a dictatorship and civil war,

APPALLED by the damage imposed during Biyah's despotic reign in The Empire in The East Pacific, including the illegal banning of over 100 nations and imposition of an Imperial Monarchy on the region,

SICKENED by Biyah's de-stabilitizing of countless regions and governments during his career as an intelligence and special operations agent,

DISGUSTED by Biyah's lack of regret for the actions previously noted, even taking pride in them,

DISTURBED that Biyah has not been previously condemned for his heinous actions,

HEREBY Condemns Biyah.

Additionally, as this was written by at least two members intimately acquainted with Biyah, this is an immediate red flag for "condemning because the nation wants it." I'm against the proposal.

Weed
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Capitalizt

Postby Weed » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm

Kogvuron wrote:
Condemn Biyah

SHOCKED by the havoc wreaked by Biyah when he overthrew the democratically elected government of The West Pacific to create The Dominion, and then helped the West Pacific Triumvirate resulting in the creation of a dictatorship and civil war,

SICKENED by Biyah's de-stabilitizing of countless regions and governments during his career as an intelligence and special operations agent,

DISTURBED that Biyah has not been previously condemned for his heinous actions,

HEREBY Condemns Biyah.

These selected words violate rule IV. It's utter bull shit but you'll need to pretend you are talking about Biyah's nation, not Biyah.

EDIT: >.> Skyrim.
Last edited by Weed on Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer not to be called that
Ex-Defender
Former WASC Author
----V----
Weed
LIVE FREE

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

If I had wanted one, I'd have pushed for it a long time ago. Again, thanks.

1: The Dominion was not a coup, no matter how many people scream about it.
2: The Triumverate was a result of choas already in the region
3: Destablization is the point of special ops
4: TEP needed an enema at the time.

~B

So sleep soundly in your beds tonight, for judgement falls upon you at first light. I'm the hand of God, I'm the dark messiah, I'm the vengeful one.

Kogvuron
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kogvuron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Belschaft wrote:

Surely Biyah should be commended for this particular action, rather than condemned?

This action set off chaos inside The Rejected Realms and Biyah made this action without thinking through the potential dangers of this action. Biyah's rashness here caused a catastrophe inside TRR which led to shockwaves all around NationStates. Instead of spreading the word in a way that set off this madness, Biyah could have done it in a way that would keep chaos to a minimum. However, he did not.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:52 pm

Weed wrote:
Kogvuron wrote:
These selected words violate rule IV. It's utter bull shit but you'll need to pretend you are talking about Biyah's nation, not Biyah.

EDIT: >.> Skyrim.

Oooo, I missed one! :p

Kogvuron
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kogvuron » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:53 pm

Edited.

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:07 pm

Gah

Ok. Skyrim - I’m connected to almost everyone in the R/D world, and I really don't like your use of the word 'intimate' there. Mind what you say.

Further - this entire thing ignores my time as an ADN soldier, long time defender, and etc. If you want to highlight just the bad times, you forgot my penchant to step into The Pacific and Gatesville, for the sheer joy of irritating them. And other such things that endeared me to the NS world.

Lastly, I tried to break open Sedge’s time as Dev for a reason, not to raise hell.

Besides, isn't there a statue of limitations for condemns?

~B
Last edited by Biyah on Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:12 pm

Biyah wrote:Ok. Skyrim - I’m connected to almost everyone in the R/D world, and I really don't like your use of the word 'intimate' there. Mind what you say.

I was referring to quaintly-put "Osirian circle-jerk." You are a government official along with many of the co-authors which, while not illegal, is certainly odd/disconcerting for players that may not be associated with you.

An no, there is no statute of limitations, as far as I know.

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:14 pm

You can be sure, I will be having words with them.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:01 pm

Biyah wrote:You can be sure, I will be having words with them.

I don't think "thank you so much for this" is *quite* the phrase of words SkyDip was hoping for.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:37 pm

And that will not be the phrase I utter.

Whatever, this is all old stuff. I don't even have to argue against it, nobody remembers any of it.

~B

Punk Reloaded
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Punk Reloaded » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Really?

I mean I think Biyah is one of the more condemnable characters in the game, but this condemnation is pretty weak and I would think - as someone mentioned - he'd be commended for outing Sedge as Devonitians??!?

No one in their right mind should support this condemnation and that's why it will pass.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific
Former Foreign Affairs Minister, The West Pacific

Punk Reloaded - Retired
Big D Baby - Retired
Punk Daddy - Citizen of TSP

In TWP, we go Commando. - Darkesia

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:21 pm

Biyah wrote:And that will not be the phrase I utter.

Whatever, this is all old stuff. I don't even have to argue against it, nobody remembers any of it.

~B

Wasn't there recently an -albeit- brief diplomatic meltdown between The East Pacific and Osiris for an alleged association between the Osiris Empire and the Empire?

Doesn't seem too old and forgotten. *whistles*
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:39 pm

That was AMOM not reading what we posted, and assuming. Not something that can be blamed on me - and in the end, cooler heads prevailed.

TannerFrankLand
Envoy

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby TannerFrankLand » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 pm

Biyah wrote:That was AMOM not reading what we posted, and assuming. Not something that can be blamed on me - and in the end, cooler heads prevailed.

I think the point is, AMOM and others in TEP remembered The Empire, while you said it was forgotten.
WA Security Council:
SC #3 ~ Condemn Nazi Europe [SORRY!]
SC #12 ~ Commend Todd McCloud
SC #18 ~ Commend Sedgistan
SC #27 ~ Condemn Unknown
SC #36 ~ Liberate Eastern Europe
SC #51 ~ Commend Fudgetopia
SC #67 ~ Commend Naivetry
SC #71 ~ Repeal Condemn Unknown.
WA General Assembly:
GA #81 ~ Disaster Preparedness Act
GA #105 ~ Preparing For Disasters
GA #164 ~ Consular Rights
GA #278 ~ Repeal "Right to Privacy"
Security Council Fanatic
Delegate of St Abbaddon,
Member of the Council of State of Balder,
Former delegate of The South Pacific,
Topid

Biyah
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Biyah » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:54 pm

Ugg, Really?

No, actually. AMOM was looking for a reason to rip at me - we have a hate-hate relationship. He wasn't even in TEP at the time of Empire, he wasn't involved with the old crew when we took over. Hypocrisy aside (he's a NPO'er and loves Franocism, The Empire was right up Francoism's alley), it stands as truth that every reason he had for poking back at Osiris for taking on the mantle of 'A' (not The) Empire was emotionally based and/or factually inaccruate.

Hell, Todd McCloud, later delegate of TEP post-Empire, is a forum admin and whatnot of Osiris. And even he went 'wait, what?'

So don't tell me that it's long remembered. I call bull. There might be four people around who were there at the time, who might take personal exception to what we did.

Furthermore, I have had quite enough repercussions from my old history. I was chased out of every place I've ever raised havoc, intentionally or not. TWP post Dominion. TRR post Sedge; though I still love the things those people said about me after I resigned - and that I was blocked from reapplying without reason for a month. I had to pull out of Equilism during the Empire, because the region was taking an unfair hit based on the citizenship and government positions of myself and Dalimbar. Todd offered me a place in TEP when it looked like I might retire post TRR, but I’m pretty much persona-non-grata there. Nasicournia is dead, the ADN is dead. My old haunts still dislike me, I think that is plenty and more.

I was/am trying to turn over a new leaf and play Statesman in Osiris. This will not help me there.

I was Atlantic Alliance in 2003. The Dominion was 2005, Triumvirate 2006. TEP Empire was 2008. TRR was early 2011. This is the mid-end of 2012.

Just end this, nobody cares anymore.
Last edited by Biyah on Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klaus Devestatorie
Minister

Founded: Aug 28, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Klaus Devestatorie » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:21 am

I'd like to take the text of that proposal, in it's entirety, and resubmit it as a commendation.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:18 am

Klaus Devestatorie wrote:I'd like to take the text of that proposal, in it's entirety, and resubmit it as a commendation.

But your commendation would be ending with "Hereby Condemns Biyah".
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Cromarty
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Cromarty » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:49 am

As a note, I shouldn't really be listed as a co-author.
Cerian Quilor wrote:There's a difference between breaking the rules, and being well....Cromarty...
<Koth>all sexual orientations must unite under the relative sexiness of madjack
Former Delegate of Osiris
Brommander of the Cartan Militia: They're Taking The Cartans To Isengard!
Кромартий

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:09 pm

Oh come on, surely there is more dirt to find on Biyah :lol:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council