NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal Liberate Christmas

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I'm surprisingly opposed to the Repeal. Liberate Christmas is one of the only Liberation Proposals I have ever voted FOR on.

If the Liberation is Repealed then the region will once again become open to being to being colonized by imperialist groups. Whether these groups would have good goals or not, I do enjoy the traditional Christmas raid that happens every year... And I find it much more amusing than anything that could come from a colonized or password-protected region.

So. AGAINST.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

The basement
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The basement » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:24 pm

Perhaps I am missing something here, being new to raids and all, but if new nations are invited into Christmas, as it clearly says

"The WA Delegate does have administrative powers.
Nations do not require a password to enter.
The region's password is not displayed to residents."

- it seems to me there is only two options: 1) wait for native nations of Christmas to take action (which seems very unlikely going by what I've read of the region's inactivity) or 2) take action to restore Christmas by moving into the region or 'making a puppet' to help the region on its feet.

If alternative 2 is how raiding works, then I do not see why Christmas is open for new nations (who is checking whether the nation is a puppet or not?). Therefore I suggest someone (i.e. enough people to proclaim a WA Delegate) move a nation to Christmas and render this whole discussion obselete.

Or am I missing something that is not mentioned in the Rules and clash with the Settings of the region of Christmas?
Last edited by The basement on Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
There is a whole world out there, over our very heads!

And the holes in swiss cheese - MMM - they're delicious..!

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:36 pm

The basement wrote:If alternative 2 is how raiding works, then I do not see why Christmas is open for new nations (who is checking whether the nation is a puppet or not?). Therefore I suggest someone (i.e. enough people to proclaim a WA Delegate) move a nation to Christmas and render this whole discussion obselete.

Or am I missing something that is not mentioned in the Rules and clash with the Settings of the region of Christmas?

That happened already. With Asgard (I suggest you get comfy, there's a lot of ideology/absolutely idiotic debating going on in that thread). And the UDL/Mahaj got their panties in a bunch about an inactive raider dump. Aaaaand for some reason we bumped a two-week old dead thread to discover that. :palm:

The basement
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The basement » Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:16 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
The basement wrote:If alternative 2 is how raiding works, then I do not see why Christmas is open for new nations (who is checking whether the nation is a puppet or not?). Therefore I suggest someone (i.e. enough people to proclaim a WA Delegate) move a nation to Christmas and render this whole discussion obselete.

That happened already. With Asgard (I suggest you get comfy, there's a lot of ideology/absolutely idiotic debating going on in that thread). And the UDL/Mahaj got their panties in a bunch about an inactive raider dump. Aaaaand for some reason we bumped a two-week old dead thread to discover that. :palm:

Ah jeebuz, then it works as I feared, glad to have figured that out.
Yes I've read all through that thread, it saddens me how Mahaj could win through pure rhetoric!
There is a whole world out there, over our very heads!

And the holes in swiss cheese - MMM - they're delicious..!

Ambroscus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambroscus Koth » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 am

Please stop bumping this thread.
☀ Pharaoh Emeritus of Osiris (x2) ☀
Lieutenant of The Black Hawks | Sovereign General of the DEN
♥ Drunk married to Aurum Rider | Author of SC#172

Miniluv: Stability is Stagnation!

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:33 am

The OP doesn't seem to be pursuing it, so to prevent further necromancy, I'm locking the thread. If he wishes to work on it again, he can request it be unlocked in the Moderation forum.

Next

Return to Security Council