NATION

PASSWORD

Illegal SC proposals - post them here

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Alexander Von Stuben
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alexander Von Stuben » Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:42 am

SECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: republique_democratique_de_france_1380812230

Condemn The Fascist Dictators League
A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Category: Condemnation

Nominee: The Fascist Dictators League

Proposed by: Republique Democratique de France

Description: UNDERSTANDING the fact that The Dictatorship of The Great and Bountiful Scottish Isles became the Delegate for The Fascist Dictators League

ACCEPTING the fact that fascists don't believe in a democratic system

SUPPOSING that it's a very bad idea to have fascist in our world assembly

I ASK to suspend them from the assembly.

Approvals: 1 (Republique Democratique de France)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Rule 3
Rule 4

Edit; Link http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_proposal/council=2
Last edited by Alexander Von Stuben on Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belzia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Belzia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

Alexander Von Stuben wrote:
ID: republique_democratique_de_france_1380812230

Condemn The Fascist Dictators League

Nominee: The Fascist Dictators League

Proposed by: Republique Democratique de France

Description: UNDERSTANDING the fact that The Dictatorship of The Great and Bountiful Scottish Isles became the Delegate for The Fascist Dictators League

ACCEPTING the fact that fascists don't believe in a democratic system

SUPPOSING that it's a very bad idea to have fascist in our world assembly

I ASK to suspend them from the assembly.

Approvals: 1 (Republique Democratique de France)

Voting Ends: in 3 days

Rule 3
Rule 4

Edit; Link http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_proposal/council=2

That same ass also kicked me out of his region for being a dictatorship.
Poni Poni Poni
Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your signature.
Armed Forces data
Defcon: 5 4 3 2 1
Left: 5.16, Libertarian: 1.87
I am a Catholic

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:38 pm

Belzia wrote:That same ass also kicked me out of his region for being a dictatorship.

Don't flame.

Belzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Belzia » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Belzia wrote:That same ass also kicked me out of his region for being a dictatorship.

Don't flame.

sorry.
Poni Poni Poni
Generation 35 (The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)
98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your signature.
Armed Forces data
I am a Catholic

Belzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Belzia » Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Description: Recognizes that the European Union is a proud form of Democracy.

Notes that the Nations in charge of the European Union take time to ask what member nations want.

Recognizes that the European Union doesn't discriminate because of religion , race, or Government type. But welcomes them with open arms.

Notes that the people of the European Union actually enjoy it. And enjoy the events that the Government host.

So as of now the European Union is Commended.

Approvals: 3 (Marmion, Qeno, Danspenia)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 3 hours

Ok, so no ideology bans in your region, lots of regions lack ideology bans, what makes yours so special?!
Poni Poni Poni
Armed Forces data
I am a Catholic

Gun-Toting Animals
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Gun-Toting Animals » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Let me just say that as a member of the EU we were not involved at all in this proposal and while I appreciate it whenever anyone likes us I don't think we're worthy of any sort of commendation especially as this is written. It also seems that the authors don't really know much about the region. Anyway point is whether this proposal is legal or not I wouldn't vote for it.
Last edited by Gun-Toting Animals on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DUXBURIAN UNION
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 13, 2005
Anarchy

Postby DUXBURIAN UNION » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:14 pm

The nation that proposed it appears to be brand new to the game and the commendation doesn't seem to have anything to do with the NS EU, it reads more like the RL EU. We don't know the proposer and we don't want this, so please don't approve it, just let it die.

Charax
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:26 am

Belzia wrote:
Description: Recognizes that the European Union is a proud form of Democracy.

Notes that the Nations in charge of the European Union take time to ask what member nations want.

Recognizes that the European Union doesn't discriminate because of religion , race, or Government type. But welcomes them with open arms.

Notes that the people of the European Union actually enjoy it. And enjoy the events that the Government host.

So as of now the European Union is Commended.

Approvals: 3 (Marmion, Qeno, Danspenia)

Ok, so no ideology bans in your region, lots of regions lack ideology bans, what makes yours so special?!

I'd have been way more offended than these guys if you accused my region like that. You should probably think before you start raving to people about how they don't deserve a Commendation. Chances are if you do it again you won't pick a region with people as reasonable as these two.
Minister of WA Affairs, Balder
◆◆◆

New Panti
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Panti » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:29 am

Charax wrote:
Belzia wrote:Ok, so no ideology bans in your region, lots of regions lack ideology bans, what makes yours so special?!

I'd have been way more offended than these guys if you accused my region like that. You should probably think before you start raving to people about how they don't deserve a Commendation. Chances are if you do it again you won't pick a region with people as reasonable as these two.

And?
He's completely right, many regions are lacking in ideology bans, and even though that's a good thing, it's not commendable.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:31 am

New Panti wrote:
Charax wrote:I'd have been way more offended than these guys if you accused my region like that. You should probably think before you start raving to people about how they don't deserve a Commendation. Chances are if you do it again you won't pick a region with people as reasonable as these two.

And?
He's completely right, many regions are lacking in ideology bans, and even though that's a good thing, it's not commendable.

Not commendable ≠ illegal.
Elias Thaddeus Greyjoy, WA Ambassador of SkyDip
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

New Panti
Minister

Founded: Nov 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Panti » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:33 am

SkyDip wrote:
New Panti wrote:And?

Not commendable ≠ illegal.

I wasn't the one who posted it, I'm just defending the guy who posted it.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:35 am

New Panti wrote:
SkyDip wrote:Not commendable ≠ illegal.

I wasn't the one who posted it, I'm just defending the guy who posted it.

Point being, you're defending a guy who is posting a perfectly legal proposal (the way I read it) in the Illegal Proposals thread.
Read my Guide to the Security Council, a comprehensive collection of history, tactics, and tips for the Security Council!

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:SkyDip's actions have, ultimately, destroyed the World Assembly.

Eist wrote:Yea... If you are just going to casually dismiss SkyDip's advice, you are probably not going to get very far at all.

Sedgistan wrote:SkyDip is trying to help, and is giving sound advice. I'd suggestion listening to him, as he has experience of writing (and advising others with) legal proposals.

Frisbeeteria wrote:What Skydip said. This bitchfest is an embarrassment to the Security Council.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 am

SkyDip wrote:
New Panti wrote:I wasn't the one who posted it, I'm just defending the guy who posted it.

Point being, you're defending a guy who is posting a perfectly legal proposal (the way I read it) in the Illegal Proposals thread.

This. It wasn't just the action of misusing the thread that annoyed me, it was the attitude toward the region being commended, which turned out to be totally unaware of the proposal.
◆◆◆

The Akashic Records
Diplomat

Founded: May 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Akashic Records » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:27 am

I'm not here much, if at all, but I'm pretty sure this is illegal on so many levels that even an inexperienced SCer would scream illegal at it. It violates 4(b), at least.
Condemn Christian Democrats

Nominee: Christian Democrats
Proposed by: TheRepublicofFreedom

Description: Recognizes that Christian Democrats has tried to force his religious beliefs on the rest of the World Assembly; He is hereby condemned
About my posts:
Unless otherwise stated, everything I say is in character.
Coleman T. Harrison,
WA Ambassador for The Akashic Records
On Sanity - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you've lost yours doesn't mean you can borrow mine.
No, the idea behind it (free will) is that one has the option to be Good (tm) and the option to be Bad (tm). God is rather pro-choice. - The Alma Mater -

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:05 am

The Akashic Records wrote:I'm not here much, if at all, but I'm pretty sure this is illegal on so many levels that even an inexperienced SCer would scream illegal at it. It violates 4(b), at least.
Condemn Christian Democrats

Nominee: Christian Democrats
Proposed by: TheRepublicofFreedom

Description: Recognizes that Christian Democrats has tried to force his religious beliefs on the rest of the World Assembly; He is hereby condemned

Also sounds like a tit-for-tat based on the commendation at vote.

Charax
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Charax » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 am

I don't know if it's actually illegal though. It's bad, but it does have an operative clause. Sorta.

EDIT - Use of a gender pronoun in referring to a nation. My bad.
Last edited by Charax on Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
◆◆◆

LiamHerndon
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby LiamHerndon » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:57 pm

Condemn The Black Riders

Nominee: The Black Riders

Proposed by: The Irish Republican Empire

Description: This region has taken over alot of defenseless regions.

They are ruthless godless people.

They must be stopped. They take over a region and close all embassies and kick all members out that don't support them. Its not their politics.

It how they do stuff they are barbaric.

So now the region known as the Black Riders is condemned.

Approvals: 2 (The Irish Republican Empire, Terrorhateistine)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 7 hours

Terrible grammar. No good basis for a condemnation.
LiamHerndon- Communist office supply lover. Got a problem with it? Don't.

98% of all Internet users would cry if Facebook broke down. If you are part of that 2% who simply would sit back and laugh, copy and paste this into your sig.

Generation 33 (The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.)

Help this gentleman gain world domination by putting this is your signiture.
_[`]_
(-_Q)

☻/ This is Bob, copy & paste him in
/▌ your sig so Bob can take over the
/ \ world.

[color=#008000]______
-------- Copy and
|---|---| paste this into
|---|---| your sig for
|__|__|PANTS
[/color]

Romberg
Senator

Founded: Mar 15, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Romberg » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:49 am

Seems bloggy too...
Proud Member of Astyria.

Info: Population 150 mil. Centrist. Based on a much more competent Austrian Empire with Scandinavian and Russian influences.

Storefronts: Holding Company|Airline|Railway

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:10 am

LiamHerndon wrote:<snip>

Romberg wrote:<snip>

What is so hard to understand about a proposal being poorly written not being equivalent to illegal? The proposal is question is legal.

Talkistan
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 10, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Talkistan » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:10 am

ID: aidans_empire_1382069975

Liberate Cobra Country
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region.

Category: Liberation

Nominee (region): Cobra Country

Proposed by: Aidans Empire

Description: The creator of Cobra Country is a tyrant and deserves to be removed. I the delegate already ejected him once but he joined again and said that because he was the zone creator if i banned him again he would permanently ban me from the region. This tyranny cannot go unpunished so I call upon you to do justice and remove this man from power!

Approvals: 3 (Aidans Empire, Terrivia, Huntopia198)

:palm: :bow: :clap: :bow: :palm: :rofl: :rofl:
Last edited by Talkistan on Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belzia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Belzia » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:22 am

ECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: the_kingdom_of_kings_1382288679
Condemn Atlantica

Nominee: Atlantica

Proposed by: The Kingdom of Kings

Description:

The founder of Strategos Prime tried to destroy a democratic region over a failed merger as was said by him on his RMB:

The Nexian Hegemony of Atlantica

Yeah, and that was what I exactly wanted to write about in a Security Council Resolution Proposal, until a moderator told me that it was against the SC Rules... Man, we blew our chance to get them doomed.

Strategos Prime also sent a puppet called The Empire of Kronos Prime to go into *North America Paradise region* to tell it’s members to move to his region on the RMB and with North America Paradise not being a feeder region and not having the recruiter tag on that would be breaking the rules.

His puppet The Empire of Kronos Prime want to the Black Riders after being banned for breaking the rules and said this:

The Empire of Kronos Prime

Everyone, we should bombard North America Paradise with incredible scales of spam messages and propaganda, saying that the Founder's the worst founder in the World and that he should give up this game.

**spam messages** another rule Breaker

Approvals: 2 (The Kingdom of Kings, Halatio)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 9 hours

Loads of metagaming, and tons of branding.
Poni Poni Poni
Armed Forces data
I am a Catholic

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:25 am

You're quoting General Assembly rules in the Security Council. The proposal is illegal, but not for the reasons you mention.

Damanucus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 10, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Damanucus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:46 pm

Belzia wrote:
ECURITY COUNCIL PROPOSAL
ID: the_kingdom_of_kings_1382288679
Condemn Atlantica

Nominee: Atlantica

Proposed by: The Kingdom of Kings

Description:

The founder of Strategos Prime tried to destroy a democratic region over a failed merger as was said by him on his RMB:

The Nexian Hegemony of Atlantica

Yeah, and that was what I exactly wanted to write about in a Security Council Resolution Proposal, until a moderator told me that it was against the SC Rules... Man, we blew our chance to get them doomed.

Strategos Prime also sent a puppet called The Empire of Kronos Prime to go into *North America Paradise region* to tell it’s members to move to his region on the RMB and with North America Paradise not being a feeder region and not having the recruiter tag on that would be breaking the rules.

His puppet The Empire of Kronos Prime want to the Black Riders after being banned for breaking the rules and said this:

The Empire of Kronos Prime

Everyone, we should bombard North America Paradise with incredible scales of spam messages and propaganda, saying that the Founder's the worst founder in the World and that he should give up this game.

**spam messages** another rule Breaker

Approvals: 2 (The Kingdom of Kings, Halatio)

Voting Ends: in 3 days 9 hours

Loads of metagaming, and tons of branding.

Sedgistan wrote:You're quoting General Assembly rules in the Security Council. The proposal is illegal, but not for the reasons you mention.

Like non-SC language.

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:41 pm

Description: This is a bill to commend Americas Paradise Land.

Americas Paradise Land is a strong nation. It stands up for its own beliefs and stands up for a region. It would be a crime to not reward this nation.

This bill commends Americas Paradise Land

Approvals: 9 (Nawaria, The Ruhr, The new united britsh empire, Tasty Water, Maoist People, Communist Eraser, Jimmy Hart, Shaw State, HARD JAZZ)

Voting Ends: in 1 day

Rule 2
Last edited by Aksun on Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

SkyDip
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby SkyDip » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:43 pm

Aksun wrote:http://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=anonomous_1382132619

How is that illegal, exactly?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council