NATION

PASSWORD

Condemn Hidden World

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Condemn Hidden World

Postby Anime Daisuki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:56 am

I wonder if there is support among WA delegates here to stand together and condemn the region Hidden World for repeatedly spamming the NS world. Here is a draft proposal for debate.

SECURITY COUNCIL

Condemn Hidden World

A resolution to express shock and dismay at a nation or region.

Description: NOTING the residents from Hidden World, since it's creation in August 2009, have *repeatedly* spammed a countless number of user-created regions on NationStates, which include, but not limited to, the following:

Pleiades, Austria, Liberalia, England, Leone, Greece, The Proletariat Coalition, China, Singapore, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Himalaya Hideout, World 7, Mediterranian, The Celtic Union CU, and many others.

RECOGNIZING that recruiting or spamming in user-created regions is against NationStates rules.

AWARE that they have been warned by NationStates Moderators; yet they are continuing to do this over and over again.

NOTING their recalcitrant and defiant nature.

HEREBY condemns Hidden World for its actions above.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:03 pm

I think the general rule is, if it can be settled in Moderation, don't submit. I'm pretty sure that applies in this case.
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Problem is mod actions so far have not deterred them. One Kwenlandia was deleted and mods have posted on their RMB at least once to warn them about spamming, but they are still doing it.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:17 pm

Mods can follow up on their warnings, you know. They usually ask you to let them know if the problem continues.

Qumkent
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jun 03, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Qumkent » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:13 pm

OOC isn't this just a preposterously overblown GHR ? Seriously ?
Mongkha, Khan of Kashgar, Ambassador to the World Assembly for the Autonomous Principality of Qumkent, a constituent state of the Confederated Sublime Khanate of Urgench

Learn more about the CSKU here - http://www.nswiki.net/index.php?title=Urgench

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:36 pm

The mods have deleted the second nation from that region for spamming.

# 2 hours ago: The Empire of Taziastan was removed for failing to heed MULTIPLE warnings to stop region ad-spamming.

A warning was additionally posted on the RMB. But of course, the native founder quickly "cleaned" the RMB to remove any trace of the mod warning.

Judging from past experiences, I don't have high hopes that this will be the end of it. The only way is to give them a condemn sticker to "remind" them.

I have played NS since Jan 2004 and this is the worst spamming group I have ever seen.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:42 pm

Spamming is a problem for Moderation, as are illegal proposals. I'm sure a moderator will be by shortly to tell you the same.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:05 am

Do you honestly think that if they ignore the mods they'll pay attention to a condemnation from the SC?

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:49 am

AD's point is that mod warnings on the RMB and nation deletion reasons that pop up on the RH can be easily removed by its members.

A condemn sticky (if it passes) cannot be (unless it is repealed).

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:38 am

Spamming is a mod issue, so i belive we are losing time discussing here about a condemnation. Report them, NS Mods and Admins will decide.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:10 pm

Travancore-Cochin wrote:AD's point is that mod warnings on the RMB and nation deletion reasons that pop up on the RH can be easily removed by its members.

And you think getting condemned will put a stop to their misbehavior?

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Macedon were't condemned to try and stop them griefing regions... Condemnations aren't necessarily about changing behaviour of those who are condemned, they're more about showing disapproval of it, and discouraging it.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Really? I thought it was all about handing out badges to each other. :eyebrow:

Even if Hidden World's offenses couldn't be handled in Moderation (where they should be handled), why in the seven hells would you want to award such annoying spammers all this attention and notoriety? I thought only NAZI EUROPE warranted that level of hype.

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:46 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Travancore-Cochin wrote:AD's point is that mod warnings on the RMB and nation deletion reasons that pop up on the RH can be easily removed by its members.

And you think getting condemned will put a stop to their misbehavior?

No, but their obsessive behaviour may be reduced to some degree. Perhaps, they have some kind of misinformed policy that "teaches" newcomers to engage in such acts? As it stands, the RMB and RH reminders could be easily gotten rid of, and the newbies would never know that such actions are rule violations. A condemn sticky, on the other hand, might elicit the question, "Why are we condemned?" Although I have no hope that they will answer it correctly, these nations could find out by reading the condemnation text.

Of course, all of this is in theory, not on paper. A condemnation is not gonna change something that has endured multiple mod warnings, so I'll drop it. Sorry!
Last edited by Travancore-Cochin on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 pm

A condemnation could also embolden a nation or region to continue in the condemned behavior. Just sayin', y'know.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:15 am

Spamming is a case for the Mods. Let them handle it, and keep the WA bureaucracy out of it, please.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Danielturner
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Danielturner » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:22 pm

Are you serious. You seriously think that a Condemnation will stop them. I tried to Condemn the Empire of Power Reborn. They said "Do it. Boost our popularity". I tried to repeal the Macedon Condemnation. They said "Don't do it, Don't take away our popularity." Condemnations only egg on the condemned it doesn't do anything else.

Redmend
Secretary

Founded: Aug 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Redmend » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:22 pm

Look, They don't understand english that well and they probably don't know what "Spam" is.
Current Secretary of Domestic Affairs in The Walbard Union.
Senator in The Walbard Union.
Former Chancellor in The Walbard Union.
Former Foreign Affairs Minister in Anacreon.
Dual Citizen
Ambassador to Anacreon, The Rejected Realms, The United Kingdom, Renatia & Grand Central for The Walbard Union

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council