NATION

PASSWORD

Resubmitted: Commend Grub.

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Dracora
Envoy

Founded: Jul 03, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Dracora » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:35 am

Morlago wrote:ND, if there's a proposal for commend you I'll definitely vote against.

Aww...

Why are people so unkind? :(

Grub
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity

DRAFT: Commend Grub

Postby Grub » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm not sure if I'm supposed to post in here or not, but to answer the question, I am indeed a guy. Thanks to everyone who has discussed or considered me for this honor. I think it would be pretty cool to be commended.

Sincerely,
Grub
Founder - 10000 Islands/TITO

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:30 pm

You've already been commended. Yay 10000 Islands etc. etc. Now find something new to talk about.
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

Anime Daisuki
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Anime Daisuki » Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Inflatable Gandalfs wrote:You've already been commended. Yay 10000 Islands etc. etc. Now find something new to talk about.

We have already noted your opposition from earlier. You don't have to repost it.

Let's hear it from the others.

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:47 pm

Again, you're not a moderator. If an actual mod has a problem with my posting, I'm sure s/he'll let me know.

Danielturner
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Danielturner » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:06 am

Inflatable Gandalfs wrote:Again, you're not a moderator. If an actual mod has a problem with my posting, I'm sure s/he'll let me know.

Danielturner wrote:Mr. Speaker, I rise on a point of order. This discussion is not relevant to the proposal. Members are free to have their say but nothing as irrelevant as this.
'
Speaker: Please keep the spam to a minimum. This is the WA forum. Not Forum 7. Please keep discussion relevant to the proposal.

I refer you to my previous post. You have now posted the same argument three times. Unless you can come up with a different argument. Please do not post in this thread. Any more posts of this argument by you will be reported to the mods for spam. If you are so hell bent on opposing it. Vote it down when it comes to vote. It won't stop me submitting it.

Tjennewell
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tjennewell » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:24 am

Wouldn't the commendation to 10000 islands and now the proposed one to it's founder kinda overlap? Personally, I really dislike individual C&Cs, especially for common activities like founding a region. A Security Council should have better things to do than boosting some people's ego.
Lord Aureion Silverfall
Archon of the Order of the Hand and Paw, Ambassador to the WA

Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:09 am

Danielturner wrote:I refer you to my previous post. You have now posted the same argument three times. Unless you can come up with a different argument. Please do not post in this thread. Any more posts of this argument by you will be reported to the mods for spam. If you are so hell bent on opposing it. Vote it down when it comes to vote. It won't stop me submitting it.

Curious, however, that you haven't attempted to refute the charges of redundancy (or, in General Assembly terms, "Duplication," which is illegal) any of those three times. Don't worry, I'm sure when and if this does come to vote, you'll put on a wonderful defense.

Although I am somewhat at a loss as to why we would have a "Speaker" (much less a "Mr. Speaker") when the SC isn't even roleplayed.

Krioval
Minister

Founded: Jan 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Krioval » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:37 am

Can we please stop using the SC as a vehicle to glamorize defending while vilifying invading? I don't mind region liberation, or C/Cing the best/worst individual actors in NS, but this SC as a middle school playground attitude gets stale quickly. I mean, there are in excess of 50K nations active right now. What percentage deserve C/Cs?

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:30 am

Krioval wrote:Can we please stop using the SC as a vehicle to glamorize defending while vilifying invading? I don't mind region liberation, or C/Cing the best/worst individual actors in NS, but this SC as a middle school playground attitude gets stale quickly. I mean, there are in excess of 50K nations active right now. What percentage deserve C/Cs?

Ah, wake up, Krioval. I haven't been on the forums here for many days, but I have noticed a tendency of the defenders and their ilk to bask in self glorification. All those C&C resolutions is a symptom of people having too much time on their hands. Let's Grub have his pat on the back and go on.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

New Dracora
Envoy

Founded: Jul 03, 2004

Postby New Dracora » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:17 pm

Cinistra wrote:
Krioval wrote:Can we please stop using the SC as a vehicle to glamorize defending while vilifying invading? I don't mind region liberation, or C/Cing the best/worst individual actors in NS, but this SC as a middle school playground attitude gets stale quickly. I mean, there are in excess of 50K nations active right now. What percentage deserve C/Cs?

Ah, wake up, Krioval. I haven't been on the forums here for many days, but I have noticed a tendency of the defenders and their ilk to bask in self glorification. All those C&C resolutions is a symptom of people having too much time on their hands. Let's Grub have his pat on the back and go on.

Confirming we defenders only do what we do so the invaders of NS will continue to talk about us. Knowing that we are the centre of your world gives us all a fluffy nice feeling inside.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 13, 2008

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:02 pm

the world assembly is supposed to be NEUTRAL! this a clear favoring of a defender!
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Danielturner
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Danielturner » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:44 pm

Reseda Island wrote:the world assembly is supposed to be NEUTRAL! this a clear favoring of a defender!

Says the person that has supported the proposal that does the opposite. Condemn Grub is bias to the invaders.

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Danielturner wrote:
Reseda Island wrote:the world assembly is supposed to be NEUTRAL! this a clear favoring of a defender!

Says the person that has supported the proposal that does the opposite. Condemn Grub is bias to the invaders.

Condemn Grub is biased against invaders and offensive players. It's condemning him/her for being an invader/imperialist.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:54 pm

he's a hypocrite, who makes threats about losing his award, and has his little followers try and get it back while the mods and site workers refuse to take away the badge, while claiming a glitch its a lie. there not even trying to take it away
"Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it." -RFK June 5th 1968

Topid
Minister

Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Postby Topid » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:56 pm

Martyrdoom wrote:
Danielturner wrote:

Condemn Grub is biased against invaders and offensive players. It's condemning him/her for being an invader/imperialist.

Oh shit! I'm in agreement with Marty?

Do I have time to change my position??? :blink:
AKA Weed

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:01 pm

what's next condemning someone for speaking out against your heroes

Martyrdoom
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Martyrdoom » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:11 pm

Topid wrote:
Martyrdoom wrote:
Danielturner wrote:

Oh shit! I'm in agreement with Marty?

Do I have time to change my position??? :blink:

:lol: Don't worry, I'll change my position! It wouldn't be right if someone agreed with me after all.

This condemnation is biased against RP'ers, it's a fucking disgrace.
Smelled a Spring on the Salford wind

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:14 pm

Reseda Island wrote:he's a hypocrite, who makes threats about losing his award, and has his little followers try and get it back while the mods and site workers refuse to take away the badge, while claiming a glitch its a lie. there not even trying to take it away

If you have evidence of Moderator bias, I suggest using the Getting Help page or e-mailing admin<at>nationstates.net.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:35 pm

any time you confront the mods, they threaten to delete you, if you dont stay in YOUR PLACE

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:38 pm

Reseda Island wrote:any time you confront the mods, they threaten to delete you, if you dont stay in YOUR PLACE

That's not been my experience at all. As I posted in another "OMG MOD BIAS" thread, the one major Moderator complaint I've been a party to ended up (at least AFAIK) with the Moderator in question losing their position.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:40 pm

i find it odd that when Feudal japan was un liberated that was fast, but the removal of the 10,000 islands badge has been slow and delayed

Kalibarr
Minister

Founded: Sep 05, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kalibarr » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:35 pm

it's a coding thing I believe [Violet] was going to work on it.

Edit:it's gone now
Last edited by Kalibarr on Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reseda Island
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Reseda Island » Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:39 pm

ok then. :unsure: :D

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council