NATION

PASSWORD

[CANCELLED] Liberate Anarchy

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Mahaj wrote:Why?

Cause he's dirty raider scum still, right? :lol:

No. I'm a clean defender saint...

But I still have some raider tendencies... Being Anti-Liberation is one of them.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Frattastan
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 24, 2007
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Frattastan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:19 pm

There are anti-Liberation defenders too, actually :P
San Francisco Bay Area (forum) | Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA) | Rejected Realms Army (RRA)

Drop Your Pants wrote:I think raiders are cute, the way they think they're big and scary people who threaten others :)

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Frattastan wrote:There are anti-Liberation defenders too, actually :P

Meh... stop ruining the moment :P

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:45 am

Cinistra wrote:Thought that liberations removed pw's? Can't see any. This thread is wasted.

They also prevent passwords, preemptively, and there's precedent for their use in this way. This thread isn't wasted.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:56 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Cinistra wrote:Thought that liberations removed pw's? Can't see any. This thread is wasted.

They also prevent passwords, preemptively, and there's precedent for their use in this way. This thread isn't wasted.

A precedent. Yes, that word solves it, doesn't it. Anarchy is a unique situation, and there is no need for a "precedent".
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Beskie
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Against

Postby Beskie » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Against.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Beskie wrote:Against.

Why? Reasons would be nice :P

Louisiana Territory
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisiana Territory » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:44 pm

YoriZ wrote:This resolution forbids any future attemts to password Anarchy.

We oppose this as including the above statement as an appendix to the original draught (I am sure all WA member are aware of the consequences of a successful Liberation resolution) suggests that the author would seek to make a successful resolution on this matter immune from future repeal - this would constitute a super-stare decisis precedent, which is not appropriate for the security council to adopt
Last edited by Louisiana Territory on Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:21 pm

That part would only stand so long as the resolution was in place. If it was repealed, it wouldn't. I don't see it as an attempt to declare a repeal illegal.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:03 pm

Louisiana Territory wrote:
YoriZ wrote:This resolution forbids any future attemts to password Anarchy.

We oppose this as including the above statement as an appendix to the original draught (I am sure all WA member are aware of the consequences of a successful Liberation resolution) suggests that the author would seek to make a successful resolution on this matter immune from future repeal - this would constitute a super-stare decisis precedent, which is not appropriate for the security council to adopt

No wonder. You're a raider.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Louisiana Territory was raising a genuine point about something that s/he believed could've made the proposal illegal. The childish retort was unnecessary.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:44 am

Mahaj wrote:
Louisiana Territory wrote:

No wonder. You're a raider.

When not able to take the ball, take the player.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:30 am

Cinistra wrote:
Mahaj wrote:No wonder. You're a raider.

When not able to take the ball, take the player.

No, I actually didn't understand what was being said. Then I read it again. Heh.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Louisiana Territory
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisiana Territory » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:07 pm

The prospect of having a Liberation resolution permanently placed on any region would surely be contrary to the natives right to self-determination

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

The previous WA delegate is back in power again. So no need for this resolution after all. Can close this thread now.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:22 pm

Louisiana Territory wrote:The prospect of having a Liberation resolution permanently placed on any region would surely be contrary to the natives right to self-determination

A native wrote the proposal...
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:51 am

Unibot II wrote:
Louisiana Territory wrote:The prospect of having a Liberation resolution permanently placed on any region would surely be contrary to the natives right to self-determination

A native wrote the proposal...

Does not make it valid nonetheless.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council