NATION

PASSWORD

[DELAYED] Repeal Commend 10000 Islands

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 am

Evil Wolf wrote:*laughs* TITO? Oh, that's a good one. You guys didn't spot that at all, the UDL did and told you about it. You jokers were suppose to come in closer to update but jumped the gun and came in way before hand. Then, after UDL arrived, TITO told them to bugger off and that it was XKI's operation and UDL had no right being there.

*sighs*

The intial squabble you speak of did happen, however, Grub later did comment in private:

[...] Also, please note that if we head in for defenses, we are not trying to block you guys or get in your way. If you ever think that is happening in the future, let me know because that is never our intent. We wish your group well.

To be fair.
Last edited by Unibot II on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:37 am

-_- wrote:
in which the TITO operative Sichuan Pepper

The above is from the proposal.

op·er·a·tive/ˈäp(ə)ritiv/ || Noun: A worker, esp. a skilled one in a manufacturing industry.

Worker implies a single person, isn't that a rule four violation?

-_-

That's a very good point, it definitely looks like one to me.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 am

-_- wrote:
Worker implies a single person, isn't that a rule four violation?

That may be a bit of a stretch. A nation can act in a manner described above, or, using a secondary definition of the word, as a spy. If the mods haven't flagged it by now, hopefully it won't be shot down in the SC.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:21 am

the same TITO operative who

"@@nation@@ who" = Rule 4 violation.

Please submit a GHR asking a Game Mod to delete the proposal, so that you can correct this.

Note: this is not a ruling on referring to a nation as an 'operative' - if you want a ruling on that, request it.

Ad Infinitum
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ad Infinitum » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:21 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Has anyone adequately addressed this yet?: Who exactly are the "natives" of a region that is one day old?

I believe I'd be a native, I had a nation in there before the count hit 30. Is that not native enough for a sinker?

Connopolis wrote:What the hell? Can we have one civil debate without denouncing the credentials of the UDL in order to defend TITO's actions?

Nope. Chuck Testa.

Evil Wolf wrote:Nah, you're created into a feeder, therefore every nation is a native in the feeder they are born into. However, no nations are created into a sinker, they are moved there, so I guess no one is a native in Lazarus. We should rise up against the DYP dictatorship :P

Hell yeah! I love how I 100% agree with roughly exactly 50% of your posts.

Sedgistan wrote:

Please submit a GHR asking a Game Mod to delete the proposal, so that you can correct this.

Note: this is not a ruling on referring to a nation as an 'operative' - if you want a ruling on that, request it.

Glad we got this settled before the repeal got repealed for a minor infraction. Semantics are the death of a lot of good proposals. That said, I say we let pass this one. We'll just get commended again in like three days for making a great cup of coffee or something. Happens all the time.
Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:30 am

Sedgistan wrote:

*sigh* If only someone had looked at this in the five days before it was submitted...

Evil Wolf
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2005
Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:56 am

I'm just guessing here but I would suppose that the people who did notice the mistake stayed closed lip about the error until the proposal was submitted solely for the satisfactions of immediately shooting it down.
It's ok! You can trust me! I've been Commended!

Kryozerkia wrote:In the good old days raiding was illegal
Crazy Girl wrote:Invading was never illegal
[violet] wrote:There is supposed to be an invasion game.

Mallorea and Riva should be a Game Moderator Game Administrator.

Ad Infinitum
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 03, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Ad Infinitum » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:11 am

Evil Wolf wrote:I'm just guessing here but I would suppose that the people who did notice the mistake stayed closed lip about the error until the proposal was submitted solely for the satisfactions of immediately shooting it down.

Just like mama always said, "loose lips sink commendation repeals" or something.
Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

Todd McCloud
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Todd McCloud » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:01 pm

Sedgistan wrote:

I've just been watching this, but I have to err on the side of the others here - why was this found *only after* it was submitted? And as far as I am concerned, a weak point at that?
"Your uniform doesn't seem to fit. You're much too alive in it."

"You must be the change you want to see in the world" - Gandhi
"The worst prison would be a closed heart." - Pope John Paul II

Ananke II
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2004
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ananke II » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:05 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:I've just been watching this, but I have to err on the side of the others here - why was this found *only after* it was submitted? And as far as I am concerned, a weak point at that?

Because the proposer didn't look through his proposal well enough before submitting? You can't really blame anyone else for that mistake.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:08 pm

Yes, because clearly he didn't have the repeal posted for days in an open and public forum for people to read and comment on it, much less suggest the fixing of any mistakes that might have been made, I mean, that's just silly.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fratt Armed Forces
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fratt Armed Forces » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:28 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:
Sedgistan wrote:

I've just been watching this, but I have to err on the side of the others here - why was this found *only after* it was submitted? And as far as I am concerned, a weak point at that?

There's a clear defender bias here.

Or maybe I'm just bored.

*adds something to stay on-topic*
I will vote against the resolution, if that wasn't already obvious :P
RRA High Commander

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:37 pm

It is rather annoying, especially since it garnered such a response so quickly (42 approvals in < 1 day). Which everyone knows will be diminished if I am forced to resubmit it. But the rules are the rules I guess.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:26 pm

Todd McCloud wrote:I've just been watching this, but I have to err on the side of the others here - why was this found *only after* it was submitted? And as far as I am concerned, a weak point at that?

Myself and CG do most of the detailed checking of SC proposals. I happen to have been visiting her for the last week, so both of us have had very limited time for NS compared to usual.

While skimming the thread, I saw someone asking about a possible illegality - I looked into it, and found a definite one.

EDIT: Also, please note that it is the responsibility of players to ensure their proposals are legal. The "nation who" ruling is not a new one.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:50 pm

Alright, one more time. The previous illegal draft has been removed and a new draft has been submitted that addresses both issues raised.

Metania
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 31, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Metania » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:04 pm

This whole thing smells fishy to me. I'm not liable to vote either way until I've had some time to review the details outside of a potentially biased proposal.
Determination Overcomes Adversity
Jul

Horak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Horak » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:46 pm

I don't get it Mr. Skyrim.

Seems to me TITO has set up the most open and fair election possible in Osiris. I guess some good people can't vote because of WA commitments and that is regrettable, but their needs to be some control on how many times one person can vote, and putting it on the NS forums makes it easy, accessible, and no worries about biased admins. I don't think you would see this kind of process if anyone else got the delegacy first, so it is not a power grab at all. And you still left the Islam part in there...that was a defense.

Smoking on these trees keeps me at peace with these crazy things I see

Your proposal is a crazy thing, nothing more than a terrible hit job. I'm reminded of the condemnation some donkey wrote about Southern Bellz a few months ago.

*grabs a blunt and sticks it in Skyrim's mouth*
Stop being so belligerent brother.

TITO deserves a nice big hug.

:hug:
*gives Skyrim some booze*
And you're gonna give it to them :)

Jumped out my bed and I head downstairs
Wiped the boogers out my eyes
Put some braids in my hair
Grabbed my favorite toothbrush
And then some crest
Rinse my mouth out
Now I'm ready for the rest
Break it down, roll it up
Pass if you had enough
You with the big boss dogg
So gon and puff puff
Real talk
Can u still walk
Have a seat
Have a drink
Now rest your feet
See that's the problem
You think that you can go with me
Smokin cest your whole life
Now you wanna blow with me
Go to the store with me
And get some swishy sweet
And grab a bite to eat
Before you fall out
I'm a ball out
And everyday
We gon smoke until we all out
And that's a promise cause
We got the bombest bud
And you can ask Ray J
He know what time it was

(Smokin smokin weed)
In the cadillac
With my head back
Feelin real good
Cause it's like that
Another 20 sac
We got plenty that
We keep doin that

Smokin smokin weed
(la la la la la la la...)
Smokin on these trees
Keeps me at peace
With these
Crazy things I see
Smokin on these trees
Keeps me iit seems
And I don't just where I'd be
Smokin Weed!

Smokin Smokin Weed
Havin a party (Bring the weed)
I'm a invite her
I got my lighter (Got a blunt)
I'm gettin higher
Muffins are tasty.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:58 pm

Sedgistan wrote:Myself and CG do most of the detailed checking of SC proposals. I happen to have been visiting her for the last week,

So you do have a romance!!! :p

[hr][hr][hr]

As for the proposal. Hope it passes, but it probably won't. TITO's sphere of corrupt influence is way too high.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Grub
Secretary

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grub » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:45 am

It's amazing to see the lies of invaders continue eight years into NationStates. In Osiris, there was an invasion by a known invader and we stopped it. Instead of just leaving and letting the invader puppets try to take the region again under different names, we quickly reached out to a respected, neutral, third party nation by the name of A Mean Old Man to organize an election. This election is going on now & when it's over we'll be on our way.

This definitely sounds like a evil, dastardly plan. Defeat invaders, help the new residents set up a fair election that is run by a neutral third party and then leave.

When you hear claims like this, now and in the future, look at the source. In this case, look at Skyrim. This nation is a liar, as is evidenced in his false claims, and he supports the activities of invader groups like Lone Wolves United, who really do attempt to hurt nations and regions in NationStates.

One thing that Skyrim got right is that we hate Nazi's. I am sorry if Skyrim loves NAZI EUROPE, but guess what, that region is filled with people that want to associate themselves with NAZI's! Nazi's and people that think like that are bad people. Slime of the earth. That is why we have beaten Nazi's on the battlefield and will continue to stand against them every chance we get. So, Skyrim, you may be pro-Nazi, but we definitely are not.

One other thing I want to point out is that we do a lot of good in NationStates. Over the years we have had double digit attempts to repeal our commendation and things like that are directly tied to having well over 1,600 successful missions defeating people like Skyrim and his friends. We were once a tiny little region of 30 nations when we were attacked unfairly and without reason. If Skyrim's good friends, Lone Wolves United, were around back then, they would have gladly joined in to try and take our region away. Fortunately, when our then tiny region was attacked, we were helped by outsiders who came to help us. We have never forgotten what it is like to be the little guy and have invaders try to take our region away. Ever since then we have done our best to help other regions stand on their own feet and defeat the bullies in NationStates who attack them without reason.

One other thing I want to say is that we have a very large and effective fighting force in NS. If we really wanted to take and hold a region, we have the capability to do so. By us defeating an invasion and then holding fair elections, any thinking person can see that it is our desire to help Osiris, not hurt. If this was not our intention, you would easily be able to tell. Overall, Skyrim's claims hold no merit and this repeal attempt is an embarrassment to the truth and to Skyrim.

Grub
Founder - 10000 Islands/TITO

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:10 am

I know, you make only one mistake, and all of your previous achievements immediately ceases to count. Bitter, isn't it? TITO is invading Osiris, using the region as a toy in their power schemes. I don't see anything wrong or evil in doing so. I will, however, use this opportunity to congratulate TITO for turning raider, although some of it's members would find this switch in game play a bit hard to swollow.
I don't think you should worry losing the commendation, though. I am assured that the propaganda machinery of TITO will run smoothly also on this occasion, averting this feeble attempt.
Last edited by Cinistra on Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:30 am

Grub wrote:One thing that Skyrim got right is that we hate Nazi's. I am sorry if Skyrim loves NAZI EUROPE, but guess what, that region is filled with people that want to associate themselves with NAZI's! Nazi's and people that think like that are bad people. Slime of the earth. That is why we have beaten Nazi's on the battlefield and will continue to stand against them every chance we get. So, Skyrim, you may be pro-Nazi, but we definitely are not.

Unofficial warn for trolling. Calling nazis "slime of the earth" is not appropiate.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:44 am

Crazy girl wrote:
Grub wrote:One thing that Skyrim got right is that we hate Nazi's. I am sorry if Skyrim loves NAZI EUROPE, but guess what, that region is filled with people that want to associate themselves with NAZI's! Nazi's and people that think like that are bad people. Slime of the earth. That is why we have beaten Nazi's on the battlefield and will continue to stand against them every chance we get. So, Skyrim, you may be pro-Nazi, but we definitely are not.

Unofficial warn for trolling. Calling nazis "slime of the earth" is not appropiate.

Why only unofficial?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Woonsocket
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 04, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Woonsocket » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:01 am

Kain_The_Dragoon wrote:Your poor attempts at psychologizing are just that; poor attempts. I, Kain, and the evil invaders, have been working with the others on an irc and forum -- made by Zaolat -- and have been discussing on how our government should be structured. If you read any of my posts, you will see that I was in favour of a democratically elected government.

Um - isn't that what AMOM is giving Osiris? So I guess this means you are in favor of what's happening there.
If you're not scared or angry at the thought of a human brain being controlled remotely, then it could be this prototype of mine is finally starting to work.

Evil Wolf
Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby Evil Wolf » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:56 am

*takes a deep breath in*

Godwin's...Laaaaaw.

Learn about it.
Last edited by Evil Wolf on Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Face Dancers
Attaché

Founded: Dec 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Face Dancers » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:43 am

Evil Wolf wrote:

*takes a deep breath in*

Godwin's...Laaaaaw.

Learn about it.

I don't think TITO members are allowed to click raider links.
Forever TBH

Unibot II wrote:TITO doesn't deploy against active raider delegates usually -- it's bad for morale, you're more likely to lose.

Just Guy wrote:On the other hand though, the UDL doesn't do defences because their troops are too lazy to watch and be online a whole update.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council