NATION

PASSWORD

[DELAYED FOR RESUMBITION] Commend Unibot II

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Punk Reloaded wrote:A phrase containing 'hell' and 'freezes over' comes to mind when I think of commending Unibot.

Nay.

But... "I'll freeze over when Hell commends Unibot" doesn't make any sense! :)

Oh, and I'm for this, by the way.
Last edited by Astro-Malsitari WA Seat on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Representing the interests of Malsitar and Astrolinium in the World Assembly
| The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero, PhD | Chief Justice and Vice Magister of The South |
| The Unified Federal Republics of Malsitar | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Chandler Whitt, LLD | Citizen of Spiritus |
And of course, Giovanni's illegitimate child and everyone's favorite pervy teen, Melvin Ruiz Walsh-Romero!

Jeux II
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jeux II » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:48 pm

For! FOR! FOR!!! FFOORR!!!! that is all. :p
Always here and always bored. -_-
Wait I have an idea! Entertain me with your words!

Always loving Pacifica!

The Bruce
Diplomat

Founded: Antiquity
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Bruce » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:36 pm

I would say that Unibot has brought a lot of energy to NationStates and been one of its most active participants in the field of diplomacy over the last couple of years. They’re one of the most prolific resolution writers in the WA. In the last couple of years they have accomplished a great deal within the defender organizations they were a part of or founded, and had a lot to do with the direction of those organizations.

They’ve also been a very controversial figure, hence Unibot II. Being as active and enthusiastic as they’ve been, sometimes a bit too enthusiastic, they’ve occasionally rubbed people the wrong way or perhaps woken them from the sleepy NationStates existence they were peacefully enjoying. They’ve at times had that well-meaning enthusiasm derailed by bad decisions or by the treachery of those not so well-meaning, but for some reason they just keep coming back for more. For that alone they should be commended.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:40 pm

The Bruce wrote:I would say that Unibot has brought a lot of energy to NationStates and been one of its most active participants in the field of diplomacy over the last couple of years. They’re one of the most prolific resolution writers in the WA. In the last couple of years they have accomplished a great deal within the defender organizations they were a part of or founded, and had a lot to do with the direction of those organizations.

They’ve also been a very controversial figure, hence Unibot II. Being as active and enthusiastic as they’ve been, sometimes a bit too enthusiastic, they’ve occasionally rubbed people the wrong way or perhaps woken them from the sleepy NationStates existence they were peacefully enjoying. They’ve at times had that well-meaning enthusiasm derailed by bad decisions or by the treachery of those not so well-meaning, but for some reason they just keep coming back for more. For that alone they should be commended.

This^.

Regardless of your feelings about Unibot's role in the Raider-Defender soap opera, Unibot should be commended for his contribution to the World Assembly, and for his threads on Nationstates Generations and the Ideologies of Nations.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Don't you mean ;)

Regardless of your feelings about Unibot's role in the NatSov-IntFed Raider-Defender soap opera, Unibot should be commended for his contribution to Defending World Assembly, and for his threads on Nationstates Generations and the Ideologies of Nations.

In the other hand, I don't like "Regardless" argument since it tends to get OOC. We are supposed to be evaluating the Unibot nation from the perspective of our own nation.
Last edited by Warzone Codger on Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:48 pm

Warzone Codger wrote:Don't you mean ;)

Regardless of your feelings about Unibot's role in the NatSov-IntFed Raider-Defender soap opera, Unibot should be commended for his contribution to Defending World Assembly, and for his threads on Nationstates Generations and the Ideologies of Nations.

In the other hand, I don't like "Regardless" argument since it tends to get OOC. We are supposed to be evaluating the Unibot nation from the perspective of our own nation.

That's an entirely different conflict.

ICly my nation (when it's WA) wouldn't commend Unibot, his International Federalist ideology going against everything the one Corsair captain who volunteered to be our delegacy stands for.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 am

:(

I don't think it's going to pass :(
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm

It failed to attain quorum.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:43 pm

A mean old man wrote:It failed to attain quorum.

Pity. it was a good proposal.

Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:49 pm

He's just annoyed too many people :palm:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:15 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:He's just annoyed too many people :palm:

I also ended up not being able to campaign for it due to IRL commitments. Curse you, real life! Curse you!
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

-St George
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:He's just annoyed too many people :palm:

That or NS downtime prevented an effective tg campaign?

Nah he's annoyed too many people.

I still love ya, though Uni! ^ _ ^
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:34 am

Anyway;

This will be resubmitted fairly soon, but not until;

1) I have time to run the TG campaign myself, instead of having to leave it to underlings
2) I have a GA proposoal I'm working on finished, so I can send one campaign TG out for both of them
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Belschaft wrote:Anyway;

This will be resubmitted fairly soon, but not until;

1) I have time to run the TG campaign myself, instead of having to leave it to underlings
2) I have a GA proposoal I'm working on finished, so I can send one campaign TG out for both of them

Depending on when you re-submitt. I could help with a TG campaign.

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:41 pm

Shoud we commend the damned Kennyites first? They've (no offense) contributed more than Unibot.

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:52 pm

The Republic of Lanos wrote:Shoud we commend the damned Kennyites first? They've (no offense) contributed more than Unibot.

They have? No they haven't.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Celestial Sphere
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Celestial Sphere » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Mahaj wrote:
The Republic of Lanos wrote:Shoud we commend the damned Kennyites first? They've (no offense) contributed more than Unibot.

Perhaps the representative from Mahaj could honor us for once by participating in a debate, instead of simply stating the reverse of an argument he disagrees with.
The Mostly Serene Republic of Celestial Sphere

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:05 pm

Mahaj wrote:

Considering you've only been observing the damned Kennyites' contributions from 2009+, I don't think you've got the right to make such a claim. Also, a simple "NO U" line is never really appropriate in a debate.

Of course, this debate isn't even about the damned Kennyites, and they've already been condemned, which I believe is more appropriate than their being commended. So enough of the damned Kennyites and more of that damn Unibot.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

New Bazlantis
Envoy

Founded: Jul 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Bazlantis » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:18 pm

I lend my full support to this proposal.

Whether you personally agree with Unibot's politics or his actions as a defender is irrelevant. There is no question as to his commitment and contributions to the world of NationStates particularly with regards to the World Assembly and the sheer amount of resolutions passed not only in the Security Council but also the General Assembly.

This is a man who is most deserving of such recognition as the proposal will provide.

UNIBOT DIED FOR YOUR SINS: REPENT!

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:57 am

Whether you personally agree with Unibot's politics or his actions as a defender is irrelevant.

I think its very relevant. People aren't going to commend someone they don't like, even if he's done a lot. And you also have to factor in a lot of people ignore the GA/SC :p
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:24 am

Sedgistan wrote:
Belschaft wrote:RECOGNIZING that since its founding in May 2008 the nation of Unibot has established itself as a leader in numerous fields of activity, primarily WA authorship and defending

I'd suggest removing the struck-through bits. At the moment, it's too clear a reference to the ex-nation Unibot, which this proposal technically isn't commending.

OOC: But wouldn't distinguishing between Uni's two incarnations technically be a case of Meta-gaming, bearing in mind that they're only different nations at the OOC level rather than IC as well?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:29 am

We have a meta-gaming rule?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:36 am

We don't have one?
What about the rule that proposals must be written as if by a nation?
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:41 am

The proposal reads as if written by a nation, about a nation. When commending/condemning, authors can hold the nominee's main nation responsible for the actions of their puppet nations - it's nothing new.
Last edited by Sedgistan on Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:45 am

Sedgistan wrote:The proposal reads as if written by a nation, about a nation. When commending/condemning, authors can hold the nominee's main nation responsible for the actions of their puppet nations - it's nothing new.

But IC, as the nations see things, aren't 'Unibot' and 'Unibot II' actually one & the same nation rather than a 'main' & a 'puppet'?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council