NATION

PASSWORD

[DELAYED FOR RESUMBITION] Commend Unibot II

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Belschaft
Minister

Founded: Mar 19, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

[DELAYED FOR RESUMBITION] Commend Unibot II

Postby Belschaft » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:28 pm

The Security Council,

REFERRING to Unibot II as Unibot henceforth,

RECOGNIZING that since May 2008 Unibot has established itself as a leader in numerous fields of activity, primarily WA authorship and defending

ACKNOWLEDGING Eduard Heir, the Unibotian World Assembly Ambassador, as one of the most colourful, and influential diplomats within the World Assembly; authoring a total of 21 SC and GA resolutions, as well as co-authoring five others, to date, such as;

• SC#39 Commend Bergnovinaia, which acknowledged the extensive and excellent work by the Bergnovinaian WA delegation in preventing the use of weapons of mass destruction, notably Biological and Nuclear Weapons,
  • SC#41 Liberate Republicans, which helped free the region of Republicans from control by the Greater German Reich and allowed the native community to return to the region and ultimately refound it, ensuring the security of the community,
  • SC#46 Commend The Cat-Tribe, a nation renowned for the high quality of the debating skills and legal knowledge possessed by its WA delegation, as well its resolution of the never ending abortion debate via a political compromise that satisfied the majority of both parties,
  • GA#84 A Ban on Forced Disappearances, which outlaws the ‘disappearance’ of citizens through government mechanisms,
  • GA#99 Multilateral Prosecution Act, which established procedures for WA members to jointly prosecute stateless actors such as pirates or terrorists in an international court,
  • GA#118 Ethics in International Trade, which introduced a tariff on goods manufactured by workers existing in inhumane conditions, with the raised funds being used to conduct the WA’s social justice and humanitarian programs, aiding many of those who worked to produce the goods without sufficient rumination or work standards being provided,

NOTING that Unibot founded (and currently leads) the United Defenders League in mid 2011, an organization that has already established itself as one of the ‘Defender Big Three’ and despite its relatively short existence when compared to other established defender organisations has already attained an excellent reputation and rate of success,

FURTHER NOTING that before Unibot founded the UDL, the nation had been a prominent member of the Founderless Regions Alliance, another of the ‘Defender Big Three’, with Unibot’s representative to the FRA’s Regional Assembly having been elected to head the alliance as its 10th Arch Chancellor,

AWARE that over more than two years Unibot has defended or liberated untold hundreds of regions from foreign oppression,

FURTHER AWARE that Unibot is the founder of the region the Eastern Islands of Dharma, renowned for both the region's championing of International Federalism and it’s profligacy in the WA, with its member nations having passed approximately sixty WA resolutions to date whilst under Unibot’s leadership,

NOTING that Unibot has also produced a number of scholarly works regarding NationStates, such as ‘An Analysis of NationStates Generations’, which identified the generations of Nationstates' history and a collated list of prayers to the god Violet asking for intervention in our world,

ADAMANT that accumulating such a vast library of contributions arguably makes Unibot one of the most prolific and accomplished nations of all time,

Hereby commends Unibot II.

CO-AUTHORED BY Connopolis and Mahaj

This is something I have joked about doing before. However, Con, Mahaj and Myself, aware that Uni's birthday was coming up, decided to finally try to give him the commendation he's long over due.

Please feel free to tear our draft apart to your hearts content :)
Last edited by Belschaft on Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:29 pm

That'll need to be Unibot II, and you'll have to put something at the start saying that you'll refer to Unibot II as 'Unibot' throughout the rest of the proposal.

Connopolis
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Obviously, I wholeheartedly support this. If anyone ever to have played NS deserves a commendation, Unibot would definitely take the cake - or at least shares it with AMOM, TCT, and Sionis Prioratus.
Last edited by Connopolis on Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell
GA Ambassador of the Connopolian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:32 pm

Surely I can just put Unibot II as the nominee? It's fairly apparent who I am referring to.
You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:34 pm

Hmm.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 pm

Belschaft wrote:Surely I can just put Unibot II as the nominee? It's fairly apparent who I am referring to.
Nope - and in fact this exact discussion has been had before - see here, and the replies.

Zemnaya Svoboda
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 06, 2004
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zemnaya Svoboda » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:35 pm

We could perhaps review what was done in the case of Commend Ananke?

In any case, the Respublika of Zemnaya Svoboda's intelligence ministry has given the Unibotians a high score on all the mentioned metrics for years. The Republika would certainly support this commendation.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:38 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Belschaft wrote:Surely I can just put Unibot II as the nominee? It's fairly apparent who I am referring to.
Nope - and in fact this exact discussion has been had before - see here, and the replies.

Ok, noted.

I'll add a line at the start; 'REFERRING to Unibot II as Unibot henceforth,'

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Belschaft wrote:I'll add a line at the start; 'REFERRING to Unibot II as Unibot henceforth,'

The operative clause will also have to say "Unibot II", as that's the one that actually does the action.

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Sedgistan wrote:
Belschaft wrote:I'll add a line at the start; 'REFERRING to Unibot II as Unibot henceforth,'

The operative clause will also have to say "Unibot II", as that's the one that actually does the action.

Done

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:55 pm

looks good.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Burton Industries WA Office
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Burton Industries WA Office » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:13 pm

This is something I could vote for. Support.
Scott Marcellus, WA Ambassador
Delegate of The South

The Republic of Lanos
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Republic of Lanos » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:44 pm

Yes...

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:34 am

Founded in May 2008 and yet has been defending for several years?????

an organization that has already established itself as one of the ‘Defender Big Three’

But there's only 3 groups left alive.

FURTHER NOTING that before Unibot founded the UDL, the nation had been a prominent member of the Founderless Regions Alliance, another of the ‘Defender Big Three’, with Unibot’s representative to the FRA’s Regional Assembly having been elected to head the alliance as its 10th Arch Chancellor,

Then he resigned because of the impeachment. What did he do as AC? Besides annoy TRR :P

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a commendation. But, as usual, i have problems with the defender parts :blush:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Soul Dreamer
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Soul Dreamer » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:20 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:
an organization that has already established itself as one of the ‘Defender Big Three’

:lol: Don't you love propaganda?

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:27 am

I fully support this.

After all, Uni has won Nationstates :p
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:45 am

Drop Your Pants wrote:Founded in May 2008 and yet has been defending for several years?????

Well, he's been in NS for over three years now and he has, to the best of my knowledge, been defending to some degree or another for much of that.

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Not quite true. There are various other regions/groups out there that defend; Texas or The South would be good examples. A lot of The South's members have joined UDL as individuals, but they've been defending for ages.

There are however three well known, large and highly active defender groups right now; TITO, FRA and UDL.

Drop Your Pants wrote:

Then he resigned because of the impeachment. What did he do as AC? Besides annoy TRR :P

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a commendation. But, as usual, i have problems with the defender parts :blush:

As AC? Various things, one of which was leading the defender efforts to liberate TSP.

Drop Your Pants
Senator

Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 pm

So when did he start defending? Was it under a different name? Several doesn't equal 3ish :P

Heh TSP. That went well :rofl:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama and I rarely pay attention beyond 5 minutes

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:43 pm

Drop Your Pants wrote:So when did he start defending? Was it under a different name? Several doesn't equal 3ish :P

You realize Unibot's been on well over 100 missions; he's also organized and administrated an extraordinary amount of missions, albeit, in the UDL. Uni's arguably the most prominent non-TITO defender of all time.
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:44 pm

Connopolis wrote:
Drop Your Pants wrote:So when did he start defending? Was it under a different name? Several doesn't equal 3ish :P

You realize Unibot's been on well over 100 missions; he's also organized and administrated an extraordinary amount of missions, albeit, in the UDL. Uni's arguably the most prominent non-TITO defender of all time.

Ok, bullcrap. He's been on gods knows how many missions, but no way is he the most prominent non-TITO defender of all time.

Warzone Codger
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 30, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Warzone Codger » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:47 pm

Uni is a guy I wanna pinch the cheeks of

But he's also Uni ewwwww >_>

Bribes accepted.
Warwick Z Codger the Warzone Codger.
Warzone Pioneer | Peacezone Philosopher | Scourge of Polls | Forever Terror Officer of TRR
GA #121: Medical Facilities Protection | SC #183: Commend Haiku | Commended by SC #87: Commend Warzone Codger

New New York
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New New York » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

He joined the FRA forum at the very end of 2009, and I don't even think he was defending then. I think that was just to consult on SC resolutions.
Do not presume to know my mind. If I haven't specifically said I believe something, don't assume that I do.

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Connopolis wrote:

You realize Unibot's been on well over 100 missions; he's also organized and administrated an extraordinary amount of missions, albeit, in the UDL. Uni's arguably the most prominent non-TITO defender of all my time.

My bad. :blush:
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Connopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Connopolis » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:56 pm

Just a side-note; you misspelled "authored".
From the office of,
Mrs. Pamela Howell

Belschaft
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Belschaft » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:52 am

Ah. Stupid spellchecker <_<

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council