NATION

PASSWORD

SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Omygodtheykilledkenny
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Omygodtheykilledkenny » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

NOTING that this proposal probably was not read by the people whom voted for it before they voted for it;

REALIZING that a region cannot be commended or condemned by an ideology;

ALSO REALIZING the Nazi ideology as one of hate;

YET ALSO REALIZING that the Nazis in said region are not like Nazis in real life;

BELIEVING that most people believe that the condemnation stickie is just a stickie;

ACKNOWLEDGING that it is only a stickie;

YET ALSO ACKNOWLEDGING that due to new law, regions cannot be commended or condemned by ideology;

NOTING that if this stickie is not removed, freedom of speech is defeated and ridiculed;

HOPING that the removal of the Condemnation of NAZI EUROPE will remove a "stickie" that the said region did not deserve.

The World Assembly hereby repeals "Condemn NAZI EUROPE."


What do you think?
OMYGODTHEYKILLEDKENNY.
Has embassies in:
Has embassies from:
Member of the WA

User avatar
Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 1623
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:00 pm

What in the name of all the Gods is a "stickie"?

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN Ambassador
Resident, the Rejected Realms
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
NSwiki Administrator
Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Osiris
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Nasicournian Officer
IRC: Goobergunch @ irc.esper.net or irc.gamesurge.net
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Member, UNOG
Timelines: Historical GA SC
Rules: GA SC
NS Forum Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See The One-Stop Rules Shop.
Who are the mods? See the All About Moderators sticky.

User avatar
Omygodtheykilledkenny
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Omygodtheykilledkenny » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:01 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:What in the name of all the Gods is a "stickie"?

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN Ambassador
Resident, the Rejected Realms


The big Condemnation stickie.
OMYGODTHEYKILLEDKENNY.
Has embassies in:
Has embassies from:
Member of the WA

User avatar
Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 1623
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Does the ambassador from Omygodtheykilledkenny refer to the badges placed on the World Assembly's factsheets about the nations or regions condemned or commended?

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN Ambassador
Nasicournian Officer
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
NSwiki Administrator
Priest of the Council of Ma'at, Osiris
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Nasicournian Officer
IRC: Goobergunch @ irc.esper.net or irc.gamesurge.net
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Member, UNOG
Timelines: Historical GA SC
Rules: GA SC
NS Forum Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See The One-Stop Rules Shop.
Who are the mods? See the All About Moderators sticky.

User avatar
Omygodtheykilledkenny
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 8
Founded: Aug 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Omygodtheykilledkenny » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:38 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:Does the ambassador from Omygodtheykilledkenny refer to the badges placed on the World Assembly's factsheets about the nations or regions condemned or commended?

[Lord] Michael Evif
Goobergunchian UN Ambassador
Nasicournian Officer


I mean the Condemnation badge someone receives when they get condemned.
OMYGODTHEYKILLEDKENNY.
Has embassies in:
Has embassies from:
Member of the WA

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2820
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Topid » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:26 pm

NOTING that this proposal probably was not read by the people whom voted for it before they voted for it;

:rofl:
While I agree with this, it will:
1) Make people angry, and will almost certainly get this bill shot down.
2) Discredit the WA and the SC. Anytime a body formally acknowledges that their voters aren't reading what they're voting on, it's really a disgrace. We are on our way to being the Democratic Congress of the USoA.
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Tanaara
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1179
Founded: Feb 27, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Tanaara » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:27 pm

"Then perhaps your repeal would make more sense if you refered to it as such, otherwise your writing just looks rather juvenile and not worth commenting on much less voting for." The UnDelegate added in crisp, though not denigrating, tones
The mathematical probability of a common cat doing exactly as it pleases is the one scientific absolute in the world. -Lynn M. Osband

"We're not so blase, not so willing to accept that we're safe and we can let someone do our security for us. We're not going to sit there and wait for somebody else to do it because if you wait, it might be too late." Jennifer Allen re: Northwest Airlines Flight 253 - quoted for the Win!

User avatar
Scarsaw
Minister
 
Posts: 2586
Founded: Jun 12, 2009
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Scarsaw » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:30 pm

The Federation supports this repeal, as we did the previous one, yet are surprised it is submitted as soon as it is. We also do not like the word 'stickie' being used as the condemnation symbol is better called to as such, or as a badge. Also, we are not sure how the attack on the voters will go over with the voters who did read the proposal.
Before us lies National Socialism, in us marches National Socialism, and behind us comes National Socialism.

User avatar
Pungote
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: May 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Pungote » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:27 am

Omygodtheykilledkenny wrote: NOTING that this proposal probably was not read by the people whom voted for it before they voted for it;


any bets that most of the people that vote against this repeal wont read that very sentence?

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9023
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:44 am

Eh. You're free to lift parts of my repeal's text, if you want. This desperately needs it.

User avatar
Inflatable Gandalfs
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 133
Founded: Jul 12, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Inflatable Gandalfs » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:54 am

Amusing though it is that you assume a repeal "desperately" needs your wisdom to stand any chance of passage, your repeal failed, so why would the author want to rehash unconvincing arguments?
I rest my case. Nurse! My medication!

User avatar
Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5615
Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Capitalizt

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:56 am

The author is not me, by the way; just a fan. The mods don't see it as a case of impersonation, which under normal circumstances is illegal. 8)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9023
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:57 am

Inflatable Gandalfs wrote:Amusing though it is that you assume a repeal "desperately" needs your wisdom to stand any chance of passage, your repeal failed, so why would the author want to rehash unconvincing arguments?

Because "stickies" and "omg rules" aren't convincing arguments, either. I doubt any repeal is going to pass this soon, anyways.

User avatar
Georgetpwn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Georgetpwn » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:11 pm

This proposal will fail.
if it gets to a General vote, it will fail.

this REPEAL THE NAZI EUROPE THING OVER A FRICKIN TECHNECALITY thing will not go on forever becuase the ideaology ban on resolutions was passed after the NAZI EUROPE one was passed, therefore any attempts to call for its deletion will fall on deaf ears because you can't enforce the law retroactively.
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

User avatar
Your Mum and Yo Mamma
Secretary
 
Posts: 30
Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Your Mum and Yo Mamma » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:25 am

Georgetpwn wrote:the ideaology ban on resolutions was passed after the NAZI EUROPE one was passed


orly?

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9023
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:17 am

Georgetpwn wrote:any attempts to call for its deletion will fall on deaf ears because you can't enforce the law retroactively.

No Game Mod or Game Admin has said that they won't delete it, as far as I know. But anyways, this is a repeal, not a deletion request.

User avatar
Carbandia
Envoy
 
Posts: 283
Founded: Jun 27, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Carbandia » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Georgetpwn wrote:This proposal will fail.
if it gets to a General vote, it will fail.

this REPEAL THE NAZI EUROPE THING OVER A FRICKIN TECHNECALITY thing will not go on forever becuase the ideaology ban on resolutions was passed after the NAZI EUROPE one was passed, therefore any attempts to call for its deletion will fall on deaf ears because you can't enforce the law retroactively.

Actually that rule on ideological bans has been around longer than you have.

That having been said since the condemnation doesn't actually forbid naziism, just condemns it, it isn't a idealogical ban at all, and therefore the whole argument for this repeal is a house of cards.

User avatar
Telemia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Telemia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Carbandia wrote:That having been said since the condemnation doesn't actually forbid naziism, just condemns it, it isn't a idealogical ban at all, and therefore the whole argument for this repeal is a house of cards.


Nazism is a form of politics. The way a region decided to play the political game, it shouldn't be one of condemnation. As my friend Tuore has stated,

Tuore wrote:This is a free world, and this ideology is just an ideology amongst other ideologies. As the rules say:
"Okay, so you hate capitalism. That's nice, but you can't ban it. Just like you can't ban communism, socialism, democracy, dictatorships, conservatives, liberals, Christians, atheist, or any other political, religious, or economic ideology.


Nasism is a political class, and you can't condemn politics.
Last edited by Telemia on Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kanzler Johan Ulrick
Proud member of NAZI EUROPE
Geheime Staatspolizei Führer

Member of the Fascists/National Socialists/Nazis Alliance


Those Nazis are scary. You just don't set up a region like that for fun.
- The Nuke Builders of Look at me on NAZI EUROPE
French Standerd Issue equipment: Regular Civilians Clothes, butter knife, BB gun, white flag... The Great French Military
- Laos on (insignificant) France

User avatar
Georgetpwn
Diplomat
 
Posts: 664
Founded: Sep 18, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Georgetpwn » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:27 pm

Carbandia wrote:
Georgetpwn wrote:This proposal will fail.
if it gets to a General vote, it will fail.

this REPEAL THE NAZI EUROPE THING OVER A FRICKIN TECHNECALITY thing will not go on forever becuase the ideaology ban on resolutions was passed after the NAZI EUROPE one was passed, therefore any attempts to call for its deletion will fall on deaf ears because you can't enforce the law retroactively.

Actually that rule on ideological bans has been around longer than you have.

That having been said since the condemnation doesn't actually forbid naziism, just condemns it, it isn't a idealogical ban at all, and therefore the whole argument for this repeal is a house of cards.


that ban actually applied to GA resoultions, not SC until recently.
The Republic of Hobbes City (exiled), exists within Georgetpwn
DEFCON 5 4 3 2 1
Defense Minister of Novus Licentia Terra
The Republic of Hobbes City, composed of:
The Hobbes City Holding State of Georgetpwn
The People's Republic of M1 Helmet
The Protectorate of The Republic of Lanos
The Colony of Suvree
The Pacific Territory of Ferdinando Marcos

User avatar
Telemia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Telemia » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:54 pm

Regardless, it is a politic form. Any nay-saying of it is purely objectionary through personal opinion. It's condemnation isn't warranted.

Saying it is "hate" and "racist ideology" is biased on the events that happened during it's time, and are not grounds for the resulted condemnation on the NAZI EUROPE region.

User avatar
Firstaria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8406
Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Firstaria » Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:28 pm

We are for the repeal,but we cannot approve this proposal. The text degradate the value of a C&C, so hits every single C&C resolution, included the good ones.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

User avatar
Telemia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Telemia » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:18 pm

Firstaria wrote:We are for the repeal,but we cannot approve this proposal. The text degradate the value of a C&C, so hits every single C&C resolution, included the good ones.

The degredation of the C&C happens when the WA enacts condemnations for illegitimate reasons. Biased beliefs that Nazism is just hate and racial discrimination are not worthy reasons to condemn a political movement. If you're for the repeal, you'd approve it. Otherwise, you're just wasting time.
Kanzler Johan Ulrick
Proud member of NAZI EUROPE
Geheime Staatspolizei Führer

Member of the Fascists/National Socialists/Nazis Alliance


Those Nazis are scary. You just don't set up a region like that for fun.
- The Nuke Builders of Look at me on NAZI EUROPE
French Standerd Issue equipment: Regular Civilians Clothes, butter knife, BB gun, white flag... The Great French Military
- Laos on (insignificant) France

User avatar
Topid
Minister
 
Posts: 2820
Founded: Dec 29, 2008
Capitalizt

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Topid » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:22 pm

Telemia wrote:
Firstaria wrote:We are for the repeal,but we cannot approve this proposal. The text degradate the value of a C&C, so hits every single C&C resolution, included the good ones.

The degredation of the C&C happens when the WA enacts condemnations for illegitimate reasons. Biased beliefs that Nazism is just hate and racial discrimination are not worthy reasons to condemn a political movement. If you're for the repeal, you'd approve it. Otherwise, you're just wasting time.

... No. Repealing a resolution with another bad resolution is pointless. Would you support a repeal that only says "Repeal this reszolution wroted by Nazi haterz!"? I think not... So if not, are you just wasting time?
Founder, Pacifica

User avatar
Telemia
Envoy
 
Posts: 262
Founded: Jun 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Telemia » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:58 pm

Topid wrote:
Telemia wrote:
Firstaria wrote:We are for the repeal,but we cannot approve this proposal. The text degradate the value of a C&C, so hits every single C&C resolution, included the good ones.

The degredation of the C&C happens when the WA enacts condemnations for illegitimate reasons. Biased beliefs that Nazism is just hate and racial discrimination are not worthy reasons to condemn a political movement. If you're for the repeal, you'd approve it. Otherwise, you're just wasting time.

... No. Repealing a resolution with another bad resolution is pointless. Would you support a repeal that only says "Repeal this reszolution wroted by Nazi haterz!"? I think not... So if not, are you just wasting time?

I cannot say what the other repeals looked like, for I wasn't there to see them. But, if you looked at the one that I have written and proposed, its very professional. The very reason for condemning NAZI EUROPE in the first place was based on [constantly used] biased thinking by egomaniacal nations that sought only the negative in a political agenda.

If the nation that proposed and the nations that approved the original condemnation would bowdlerize the things they think they know based on rumors and hate propoganda put against this region, and let us conduct government the way we see fit as we do for them, then we'd all get past this verbal ridiculousness and beaurocratic nonsense that makes people feel warm and cozy in bed at night. Decondemn NAZI EUROPE and let it go, and every problem therein will dissipate.
Kanzler Johan Ulrick
Proud member of NAZI EUROPE
Geheime Staatspolizei Führer

Member of the Fascists/National Socialists/Nazis Alliance


Those Nazis are scary. You just don't set up a region like that for fun.
- The Nuke Builders of Look at me on NAZI EUROPE
French Standerd Issue equipment: Regular Civilians Clothes, butter knife, BB gun, white flag... The Great French Military
- Laos on (insignificant) France

User avatar
Pungote
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 6
Founded: May 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: SUBMITTED: Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"

Postby Pungote » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:43 pm

Lets go OOC here for a second

If a legal act was committed in the real world and then it was made illegal, would it be okay for that prolonged now illegal act to be commited? no, sanctions would be introduced and illegal condemnations would be revoked.

Back in character...
So uh... is this proposal ever gonna be pulled out of the submitted queue and edited?
Doesn't look like it

oh well! *shines condemnation badge*
ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY PINGU!
Last edited by Pungote on Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Destructive Government Economic System, New England INC

Advertisement

Remove ads