NATION

PASSWORD

[Seeking Delegate Support]Condemn Ammoka

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Sepuria
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2010
Ex-Nation

[Seeking Delegate Support]Condemn Ammoka

Postby Sepuria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm

Condemn The People's Republic of Ammoka
A resolution to express horror at the action's of the People's Republic of Ammoka

Cataloger: Condemnation

Nominee: The People's Republic of Ammoka

Proposed by : The Holy Commune of Sepuria and The Communs-Unis of Fjeld

Realizing that during war civilian casualties are sometimes inevitable;

Disappointed with Ammoka for it's multiple war crimes during the conflict in Iberia and Britannia And France;

Shocked at the usage of nuclear weapons against the city of Barcelona under the protection of former allies when there was no proven threat to Ammoka's security of a similar magnitude;

Disgusted at the complicity in the genocidal actions of it's regional allies against the Republican Iberians including but not limited to the use of chemical and nuclear weapons against Republican cities. These attacks included both military and civilian targets as well as attacks of civilian evacuation ships; (Reference: GA #38)

Frustrated with their decision to attack cities that had no military threat to Ammoka or it's allies in order to coerce enemy nations, through their civilian population, to capitulate. These actions were to be repeated along with complicity on Ammoka's part again in France;

Horrified at their threats towards the lives of POW's and the civilian population in their zone of occupation in order to force unfair peace terms upon the Iberian Republic; (Reference: GA#18)

Dismayed by Ammoka's actions in attacking other nation's forces without a declaration of war ;

For these actions we hereby condemn The People's Republic of Ammoka

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948 use of nuclear weapon against civilian target without similar threat to Ammoka
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=25 threatening POWs and civilians lives
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=150 use of chemical weapons and WMDS against civilians
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=175 use of chemical weapons on non-military targets
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=25 not intervening when allies used chemical weapons or directly attacked civilians
Last edited by Sepuria on Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Euroslavia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Euroslavia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Sepuria wrote:I would like to note that this is my first attempt at writing any thing like this and also that I am hesitant to post this myself as I participated in the conflict the condemnation call comes from but seeing as there we're no other moves towards it and members of the region I delegate for have contacting to me in other ways asking or suggesting it. I hope none of my personal biases from the conflict have clouded my proposal and hope it will be looked upon on it's own from a concerned WA member and not a attack for political reasons. further I would like to note that another nation has helped and have contacted them asking what credit they want and will amend if I receive a response requesting credit be placed in the document

Condemn The People's Republic of Ammoka
A resolution to express horror at the action's of The People's Republic of Ammoka

Cataloger: Condemnation

Nominee: The People's Republic of Ammoka

Proposed by : The Holy commune of Sepuria and other concerned groups

Disappointed with Ammoka for it's multiple war crimes during the conflict in Iberia and Brittania and France;

Shocked at the usage of nuclear weapons against the city of Barcelona under the protection of former allies when there was no proven threat to Ammoka's security of a similar magnitude from a nation involved in the Iberian conflict; (Reference: GA#10)

Disgusted at the complicity in the genocidal actions of it's regional allies against the political beliefs of the Iberians of the Republican including but not limited to the use of chemical and nuclear weapons against Republican cities, including both military and civilian targets as well as attacks of civilian evacuation ships; (Reference: GA #38)

Frustrated with their decision to attack cities that had no military threat to Ammoka or it's allies in order to coerce enemy nations to capitulate or face further attacks against their civilian population. These actions were to be repeated along with complicity on Ammoka's part again in France;

Horrified at their threats towards the lives of POW's and the civilian population in their zone of occupation in order to force unfair peace terms upon the Iberian Republic; (Reference: GA#18)

Hereby condemning Ammoka's actions in attacking other nation's forces without a declaration of war and using it's position as a WA member to deploy peacekeepers only to later use them against the Iberian Nationalists and then the Iberian Republic.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948 use of nuclear weapon against civilian target without similar threat to Ammoka
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=25 threatening POWs and civilians lives
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=150 use of chemical weapons and WMDS against civilians
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=175 use of chemical weapons on non-military targets
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=107948&start=25 not intervening when allies used chemical weapons or directly attacked civilians

Fixed up the format a bit and modified some of the word choices at the beginning. Of course it'll need more editing though. You're free to use this if you'd like, or if you'd rather format it differently, that's okay.
Edit #2: Consider editing some of the run-on sentences that seem to go on forever.
Last edited by Euroslavia on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

BRAVE ENOUGH

Sepuria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sepuria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm

Thank you very much my English grammar has never been good. The run on sentence is a good point for which I thank you I've used your edits along with further on my part.

Unibot II
Senator

Founded: Jan 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Unibot II » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi, Mousey said you wanted some help drafting. I have some initial criticism for you.

Sepuria wrote:The Security Council, [Begin with a header like this]

Disappointed with Ammoka for it's multiple war crimes during the conflict in Iberia and Brittania and France; [France? This may be an illegal reference to a RL nation, unless you explain what France is in NS... if the nation is "Brittania and France", you're best off using [nation=short+noflag] tags around the nations]

Shocked at the usage of nuclear weapons against the city of Barcelona under the protection of former allies when there was no proven threat to Ammoka's security of a similar magnitude from a nation involved in the Iberian conflict; (Reference: GA#10) [Hhhm.. Possession of Nuclear Arms doesn't mandate anything about the use of nuclear arms, if memory serves me correct.. it says (1) the WA can't take away your nuclear weapons, (2) be careful with whom you proliferate nuclear weapons. You also need to state where the city of Barcelona is... because if it is Spain, you're referencing places that don't exist in NS.]

Disgusted at the complicity in the genocidal actions of it's regional allies against the Republican Iberians including but not limited to the use of chemical and nuclear weapons against Republican cities -- an act that not only runs contrary to GA#38, but has caused an disastrous death toll. These attacks included both military and civilian targets as well as attacks of civilian evacuation ships;
[Instead of this referencing crap I'd use this..]

Frustrated with their decision to attack cities that had no military threat to Ammoka or it's allies in order to coerce enemy nations, through their civilian population, to capitulate. These actions were to be repeated along with complicity on Ammoka's part again in France;

Horrified at their threats towards the lives of POW's and the civilian population in their zone of occupation in order to force unfair peace terms upon the Iberian Republic;

Having Considered the World Assembly's history of defending the civil rights of Prisoners-of-Wars, most notably in GA#18;

Hereby condemning Ammoka's actions in attacking other nation's forces without a declaration of war and using its position as a WA member to deploy peacekeepers only to later use them against the Iberian Nationalists and then the Iberian Republic.

I think the resolution could use a detailed explanation of the conflict -- who are the actors, where and why.
Vocenae wrote:Unibot, you have won NS.
General Halcones wrote:Look up to Unibot as an example.
Member of Gholgoth | The Capitalis de Societate of The United Defenders League (UDL) | Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL?
World Assembly Card Gallery // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78;
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

Lordieth
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 18, 2010
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lordieth » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:58 am

This does need work, however it seems very worthy of doing so.
There was a signature here. It's gone now.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:02 am

Your operative clause (the last one) needs editing so that it can clearly be read as condemning the nation. Condemnations are targeted at nations for the actions you specify in the rest of the proposal, and you need to make that clear. At the moment, it reads like you're condemning the actions, but not the nation.

Sepuria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sepuria » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

haven't finished all edits from suggestions but some work has been done

Hellisatia
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hellisatia » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:18 am

I need to explain something to you. In international law, to prove someone as guilty, and thus condemnable, then two things need to be proven beyond reasonable doubt:
actus reus (the guilty act)
mens rea (the guilty intent - or the intent to commit crime).

The links you provide prove the actus reus, but there is NO proof of the mens rea. As part of international law, I cannot and will not consider influencing my regional delegate until you can provide evidence of his guilty intent.

By the way, beyond reasonable doubt means - in this context - that the jury (the voting public) are entirely convinced of his guilt. Should there even be a shred of doubt, then they must acquit. Basically, beyond reasonable doubt in this context means that should this thing pass, it is a statement by the world that every voting member considers the nominee to be guilty of some crime/s.

I hope I have helped.

Dr Vasily Andronov Markov
Supreme Ambassador

Sepuria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sepuria » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:38 am

OOC:While a fair point you have to keep in mind that i'm limited by what the player rps. If only things like unit movements and missiles firing is done then that's all I can look at If more depth is placed then I can go into more depth on accusations.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council