NATION

PASSWORD

[draft] Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II again

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 22, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Flemingovia » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Sedgistan wrote: There are unresolved legality issues, and if you wish to pursue the proposal as written, I will need to consult the other mods first, because there's a strong possibility that it violates Rule 2.b.

I have held off for a week to give you time to consult the other mods.

Can you let me know the results of your consultation? (although I can probably guess....)
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

http://img808.imageshack.us/i/disclaimer.jpg/

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Unfortunately, I didn't interpret you not posting for a week (and also ignoring my suggestion to put an updated version of the draft in your OP), as you showing evidence that you "wish[ed] to pursue the proposal as written". Therefore, no ruling has been made. If it is indeed your intention to pursue the proposal as written, please put a copy of the current draft in the first post of this thread and express your desire for a legality check, and we will consider it for Rule 2.b violations.

Alternatively, you could try adding additional information to the draft proposal, as has been suggested.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:26 am

I Stand by the draft that is already posted in the OP. Durk deserved condemnation on that basis. since the mods seem to share his delusion about the existence of the real world, and so will not allow reference to this, then his lack of contrition alone ought to be the cause of international vilification. Honestly, how can you even bear to look on his nation's page without feeling the bile rise in your throat and a shudder of revulsion chill your bones?

I look forward to a mod ruling telling me that I have broken rule 2b.
IMPORTANT: Before reading this post please read the terms and conditions below. By accessing this post you signify your acceptance, full and in part, of those terms and conditions:

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am

I fail to see the point in furthering the condemnation of a nation that is already condemned and your newly edited version of his condemnation for support of a region that contains only two nations at this very moment in time seems frivolous and pointless.

Of course, I know little in any back history only truly taking interest of inter-regional politics after being elected to Imperial Legion Delegacy. If someone could point me to the relevant information I could potentially make a more informed point.

However, I see this condemnation as little more than a desire to further dig at old wounds after Durkadurkiranistan II refused to hand over power to the man who is proposing this legislation. The punishment that Durkadurkiranistan II experiences for not showing atonement for his actions is the continued upholding of his condemnation.

Is this legislation actually really needed?
Last edited by Conservita Victoria on Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Errare Humanum Est Preseverare Diabolicum

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:58 am

it is true that the main point of this condemnation was to highlight Durk's delusional belief in the real world - however, this has been declared illegal by the mods on the basis that to believe in the real world is, somehow, to make the real world real, in a really real way. It is sort of like the Peter Pan principle - if you believe in fairies hard enough, faries come to life.

However, I see this condemnation as little more than a desire to further dig at old wounds after Durkadurkiranistan II refused to hand over power to the man who is proposing this legislation. The punishment that Durkadurkiranistan II experiences for not showing atonement for his actions is the continued upholding of his condemnation.

I am disappointed that this motivation is being ascribed to this condemnation. In mitigation I would point out that this resolution was formulated using the Sedgistanian principle, where the condemnation is discussed in advance and set up between the proposer and the object of the condemnation. JAL (aka Durk) is a good friend of mine, and this is not digging up old wounds or sour grapes, it is a continuing roleplay of the game.
Last edited by Flemingovia on Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:03 am

Flemingovia wrote:JAL (aka Durk) is a good friend of mine, and this is not digging up old wounds or sour grapes, it is a continuing roleplay of the game.

I see. Makes more sense this would be RP orientated.

Although I still argue that this condemnation truly has no need to be brought forward as it condemns nothing new that I can tell.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:58 am

Not totally roleplay. He does stubbornly hold to the delusion that Montana is better than Yorkshire.

Silly boy.

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:40 am

Well, I don't know about Montana personally except what the internet can tell me. However, I must say Yorkshire is rather better just because it is in England and England is the best :lol:

Holding onto the idea that Montana is better than Yorkshire doesn't necessarily warrant a condemnation, really? :eyebrow:

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:10 am

well, if someone can get a condemnation for turning a forum pink for a day, then anything is possible.

Elke and Elba
Minister

Founded: Aug 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Elke and Elba » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:41 am

Flemingovia wrote:well, if someone can get a condemnation for turning a forum pink for a day, then anything is possible.

Well when things are created they could be destroyed. A good case against it would have it repealed.
Represented permanently at the World Assembly by Benjamin Olafsen, and on an ad-hoc basis by Alethea Norrland and rarely Gaia Pao and Gabriel Dzichpol.
OOCly retired from the GA/SC for something called 'real life'.
Author of GA#288 and SC#148.
Ratateague wrote:NationStates seems to hate the Geneva Convention. I've lost count in how many times someone has tried to introduce something like it. Why they don't like it is a mystery to me. Probably a lot of jingoist wingnuts.
Ardchoille wrote:When you consider that (violet) once changed the colour of the whole game for one player ... you can understand how seriously NS takes its players.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:14 am

And here's the ruling:

The question was whether your proposal violated Rule 2.b:
(b) Don't duplicate. Nations that have already been Commended/Condemned for a certain set of actions can't be Commended or Condemned again for that set of actions.

The security council

Recalling that the Nation of Durkadurkiranistan II has proved to be one of the most duplicitous and underhand nations in the world – as evidenced by lies and blandishments during their rogue delegacy in The North Pacific in 2009.

Further recalling that when it became clear that the outrage of the nations of that region would bring this delegacy to a premature end this nation violently thrust over 600 innocent nations out of that region and into The Rejected Realms.

Noting that this action was condemned in SC#33.

HOWEVER, Noting since the passing of that Resolution the failure of Durkadurkiranistan II to show any remorse for these actions, nor to make any atonement for them.

Further Noting that since the passing of SC#33 the nation of Durkadurkiranistan II has continued to support a head of state who is clearly delusional and paranoid, for reasons that may not be mentioned here, but which can be discovered by the discerning nation which wishes to hunt a bit outside of the halls of this chamber, in the Security Council Discussion Forum

Hereby condemns Durkadurkiranistan II.

On examination of your proposal, we found the clauses in blue to duplicate the contents of SCR #33 Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II. While you may include a clause summarising what was said in the previous condemnation (as per the precedent set in SCR #37 Condemn NAZI EUROPE), your proposal stretches this over 4 clauses, which far outweighs the single clause containing a new reason for condemnation.

Verdict: as it stands, your proposal is illegal.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:09 am

Might I ask who constitutes the "we"? (by which I mean which mods were consulted. I understand that it is a collective verdict.)

However, I grudgingly accept the decision and withdraw the proposal.
Last edited by Flemingovia on Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:46 am

Flemingovia wrote:Might I ask who constitutes the "we"? (by which I mean which mods were consulted. I understand that it is a collective verdict.)

3 moderators familiar with the Security Council rules, one of which was myself.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:06 am

no names? is it a secret?

My guess is yourself, Crazy girl and Ardchoille. Do i win a goldfish?

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:43 pm

why is

HOWEVER, Noting since the passing of that Resolution the failure of Durkadurkiranistan II to show any remorse for these actions, nor to make any atonement for them.

a duplication? How?
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:45 pm

Because it's still based on the same actions. Otherwise, we could see an infinite number of condemnations of Durkadurkiranistan II, each one for failing to show remorse since the last one was passed.

Sir Lans
Lobbyist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Sir Lans » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:28 pm

I am amazed to see people still hanging around to make these pointless C - C resolutions.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:09 am

Hello there, and welcome to the World Assembly Security Council! This week's special: The TNP-usurper condemnation! If you can usurp the position of delegate of The North Pacific and eject 1000 or more of its idle residents, you could earn yourself a completely free condemnation and a bonus of over 5000 attention points! ...and, if you act quickly on this limited-time offer, you can get a second condemnation entirely free of charge! What are you waiting for? Let's usurp TNP today!
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Mahaj WA Seat
Minister

Founded: Nov 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj WA Seat » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:52 pm

A mean old man wrote:Hello there, and welcome to the World Assembly Security Council! This week's special: The TNP-usurper condemnation! If you can usurp the position of delegate of The North Pacific and eject 1000 or more of its idle residents, you could earn yourself a completely free condemnation and a bonus of over 5000 attention points! ...and, if you act quickly on this limited-time offer, you can get a second condemnation entirely free of charge! What are you waiting for? Let's usurp TNP today!

Why not?
Member of The South and Osiris
Representing Mahaj in the World Assembly.
The Mahaj Factbook.

Author of Missing Minors Act (Repealed) and In Regards to Cloning
Mike the Progressive wrote:
Brogavia wrote:Fuck bitches, get money.
You shall be my god.

Georgism wrote:Fuck off you cunt, I'm always nice.

NERVUN wrote:Yog zap!

Cool Egg Sandwich wrote:I am the Urinater..... I'll be back.

Jedi Utopians wrote:5) Now, saying that a nation couldn't be part of OPEC would be bold. AIPEC sounds like something you'd want to get checked out by a physician for.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:32 am

Because better have tried and failed?

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:11 pm

VANILLA VERSION, AFTER LOADS OF EDITS:

Further clause added (in red here) in an attempt at rule 2b compliance.

[proposal=]The security council

Recalling that the Nation of Durkadurkiranistan II has proved to be one of the most duplicitous and underhand nations in the world – as evidenced by lies and blandishments during their rogue delegacy in The North Pacific in 2009.

Further recalling that when it became clear that the outrage of the nations of that region would bring this delegacy to a premature end this nation violently thrust over 600 innocent nations out of that region and into The Rejected Realms.

Noting that this action was condemned in SC#33.

FURTHER NOTING the neglect of Durkadurkiranistan of his duties as delegate of the region of The Imperial Legion, which led to the people rising up in revulsion and repacing him as delegate in a coup on 26 April 2011

Further Noting that since the passing of SC#33 the nation of Durkadurkiranistan II has continued to support a head of state who is clearly delusional and paranoid, for reasons that may not be mentioned here, but which can be discovered by the discerning nation which wishes to hunt a bit outside of the halls of this chamber, in the Security Council Discussion Forum

Hereby condemns Durkadurkiranistan II.[/proposal]

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:06 am

Flemingovia wrote:FURTHER NOTING the neglect of Durkadurkiranistan of his duties as delegate of the region of The Imperial Legion, which led to the people rising up in revulsion and repacing him as delegate in a coup on 26 April 2011

One thing wrong with that. Plainly, Durk was not the delegate. I was the delegate and I was very active being the one who formed the Conservative Empire region due to my Emperor's inactivity and lack of telling us before going. Another point is that it was not a coup d'etat as such for we did not take over the Imperial Legion. Instead we made a new region out of infighting and the stubbornness of the few over ignoring the power that myself and two others had over the region to stop it falling apart.

Also, the Imperial Legion is a well known raider region therefore one would be glad that the Imperial Legion fell from grace with the Emperor's unannounced leave thus is this really suitable grounds for condemnation?

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:29 pm

Ignore my last post.

If you would add that Durk is the single most underhanded person in the world then I would let you continue and give you all the support that you will need.

Flemingovia
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Flemingovia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Not allowed to say that. Rule 4.

Conservita Victoria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Conservita Victoria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:56 pm

NationStates world is what I meant.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council