NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal: Condemn The Alliance of Dictators.

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
Irrlicht
Political Columnist

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Proposal: Condemn The Alliance of Dictators.

Postby Irrlicht » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:49 am

IDENTIFIES that The Alliance of Dictators is a region consisting of dictatorships and other totalitarian nations and have invaded 26 other regions.

NOTING that most of the raided regions were attacked simply on the grounds of housing or supporting "hippies" or democratic nations.

HORRIFIED that the nations of The Alliance of Dictators is still allowed to hoard and produce weapons of mass destruction and test them openly and without any sanctions on smaller bordering nations to demonstrate their ferocity and aggression. Denying the "Nuclear Testing Sites" any recovery from the devastating destruction brought upon them by The Alliance of Dictators.

DISGUSTED that "hippies" and other free minded people are frowned upon and hunted by the nations of The Alliance of Dictators. Those individuals must fear torture and death through horrible means; such as impalement, starving or stoning.

DISMAYED that nations of The Alliance of Dictators are releasing press statements, boasting about the reported incidents above. Making it clear that the governments of The Alliance of Dictators have no regrets, but are proud of their misdeeds.

CLARIFYING that The Alliance of Dictators is a blight upon the world for the crimes they commit and will continue to commit.

FINALIZING that The Alliance of Dictators be condemned for their cruel and vicious acts.

//My English is far from perfect (not my first language), but I hope it's mostly free of errors.
///This is my very first WA submit, so I appreciate all kinds of feedback on wording, grammar, style etc!

18.03.2011: Fixed some typos; some gruel anyone? Removed redudancy.
Last edited by Irrlicht on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:58 am

You should find witnesses of our alleged crimes. By raiding 26 regions there should be enough evidence. It's about time that The Alliance of Dictators gets its well earned recognition for the region's work. Full support (however the language needs to be improved). Ask Unibot II to help you, or someone else who has authored resolutions.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Despoticania
Envoy

Founded: Aug 17, 2006
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Despoticania » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:31 am

Yes. The AoD poses a grave danger to all the hippies and democratic elements of the world. They are dangerous and should be condemned immediately.
God was a dream of good government.

Despoticania factbooks

Crackingthorpe
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Crackingthorpe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:32 pm

[DELETED]
Last edited by Crackingthorpe on Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Minister of The Alliance of Dictators!

Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Halcones » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:28 pm

26 raids isn't really worth a condemnation.

TBH has done 131 raids within less than a month.

I am against this condemnation.

AoD have a necessary existence on this game.

Kaiser William the 4th
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 24, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaiser William the 4th » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:31 pm

This proposal makes me proud to be in The Alliance of Dictators.
Methods are not important; efficiency is what counts.

Canackistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Canackistan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 pm

I am totally for this Condemnation. I think the badge would bring great glory to our cause!

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 pm

Halcones wrote:26 raids isn't really worth a condemnation.

TBH has done 131 raids within less than a month.

I am against this condemnation.

AoD have a necessary existence on this game.

The raids are only a part of the resolution. It's how we conduct those raids and why we do them which is of Irrlicht's main concern. We usually use captured regions as nuclear testing grounds. However, Irrlicht has some seriously campaigning to do. I.e. his own delegate hasn't supported the resolution. In a region that boasts of "solidarity" as its core value, such neglect of a fellow regional comrade is very embarrassing. Irrlicht also needs to correct his language. I.e. are we "gruel and vicious". There should of course read "cruel and vicious".
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Irrlicht
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Irrlicht » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:14 am

Cinistra wrote:The raids are only a part of the resolution. It's how we conduct those raids and why we do them which is of Irrlicht's main concern. We usually use captured regions as nuclear testing grounds. However, Irrlicht has some seriously campaigning to do. I.e. his own delegate hasn't supported the resolution. In a region that boasts of "solidarity" as its core value, such neglect of a fellow regional comrade is very embarrassing. Irrlicht also needs to correct his language. I.e. are we "gruel and vicious". There should of course read "cruel and vicious".

True Cinistra. How is the important fact.

As a matter of fact, I have spoken with some WA Delegates before, but I guess I simply underestimated the support actually required to get this through. Good thing I don't give up that easily!

And thanks for pointing out spelling mistakes.

Great Nepal WA
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Nepal WA » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:20 am

We have always voted against any SC proposal as all of them are overly interfering with gameplay - so you can expect our full opposition to this proposal.

Halcones
Spokesperson

Founded: May 08, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Halcones » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:22 am

Indeed they are unnecessary. Good point.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:55 am

Halcones wrote:Indeed they are unnecessary. Good point.

All of the "work" done by the WA is unnecessary. That's why I create WA puppets. It's the only reasonable way to use that green badge.

TheThanksgiving Turkey
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 27, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TheThanksgiving Turkey » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:21 pm

Cinistra wrote:
Halcones wrote:Indeed they are unnecessary. Good point.

All of the "work" done by the WA is unnecessary. That's why I create WA puppets. It's the only reasonable way to use that green badge.

This is quite an admission. Are you sure Cinistra of what you're suggesting?

It is hard to support a condemnation against a region that harbors such honest members (even as my personal experience indicates had the AOD not sought this designation, it might deserve it.)

Dystopianus
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Dystopianus » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:12 pm

'Fraid I'm against. Not evil enough.
Factbook: check it out before writing any comments about me, this is valueble information that might make you think differently about me. viewtopic.php?f=23&t=89623
OMGeverynameistaken wrote:Have you ever been in a battle where trained war kittens were unleashed on the field? Have you heard the screams of the dying as their faces were chewed off by adorable, yet deadly, swarms of kittens? No. No. You have no idea of the terror which a trained kitten squad can inflict, the horror and madness as the wall of fluffy death closes on you. I have been, I have seen. The art of the Kittenmeister is a truly terrible thing to behold

Tolstonia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tolstonia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:53 pm

Dystopianus wrote:'Fraid I'm against. Not evil enough.

Challenge accepted.

Dorlania
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dorlania » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:01 pm

I am with the AOD with this one 26 raids not a enough for condeming them
"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stomping on a human face--forever"

Sardine World wrote:maintain

when you liberals cant get new technology because all the asians are dead, dont come crying to me

Samozaryadnyastan wrote:Yes, but 9gag has nothing funny or original.
insert/gender/sexuality/political alignment/disorder
the soft parade has now begun~
Unity and Solidarity
Mallorea and Riva should resign

Canackistan
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Canackistan » Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:31 am

Tolstonia wrote:

Challenge accepted.

What if I told you some of us eat babies? Is that evil enough?

Swkoll
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Swkoll » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:32 am

DO it!
Last edited by Great Nepal on Sun Dec 21, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Need an Ignore Cannon?
Embassy NS wiki page
Current Wars: None as of now
Member of: Nothing right now
Defcon: 1 [2] 3 4 5
6*9=42
February 17, 2011: Never Forget.
Copy and paste this into your sig if you remember the old F7.
97% of People of NS won't notice I did my math wrong, if you are the 1% who did, copy and paste this into your sig.

I lost the Game.
Zonolia wrote:You are without doubt the smartest NS player ever...
Montiar wrote:Best f*cking idea for a storefront ever.

Bluth Corporation wrote:You know, I used to be anti-Obama.

Then the anti-Obama folks opened their mouths and I listened to what they had to say.

Now I'm pro-Obama.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:30 am

Hey, we send the victims to the work camps, burn pot in front of weeping hippies, and use conquered regions as testing grounds for weapons, bringing umm...guests with us. How more evil can you be? Just ask the poultry we banhammered from Republicans how evil we are.
Last edited by Cinistra on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irrlicht
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Irrlicht » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:10 am

I'd like to thank everyone for their support so far. I'll keep at it, until the AoD is rightfully condemned for their crimes.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 am

By failing to reach quorum, by good margin, we can only conclude that the actions of The Alliance of Dictators are not condemnable, but in line with normal game play.

Kesheru
Envoy

Founded: Feb 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Kesheru » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:29 am

Condemn
Grand Holy Empire of Kesheru
__________GHEoK___________
FACTBOOK
viewtopic.php?ns=1&f=23&t=99389&p=4968429#p4968429

Motto
Aut Pax Aut Bellum - Either Peace or War

Battle Cry
"For the Great Sculptor!"

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:11 pm

Kesheru wrote:Condemn

You're too late. It didn't reach quorum.

Kywnambac
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kywnambac » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:47 pm

You have the full support of Kywnambac

Ramaeus
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ramaeus » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Kywnambac wrote:You have the full support of Kywnambac