NATION

PASSWORD

[Missed Q] Repeal "Condemn Allied States of EuroIslanders"

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Archregimancy
Game Moderator
 
Posts: 25129
Founded: Aug 01, 2005
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Archregimancy » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:17 am

Can we please return to a focus on Tinhampton's campaign against the specific proposal rather than Tinhampton's broader behaviour.

Thank you.

User avatar
Tinhampton
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7289
Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:47 am

Cretox State wrote:So your argument in your counter-campaign TG was that I haven't been involved in "international politics" until a few months ago, and therefore anything I say should be immediately disregarded, right? And now you're trying to justify the counter-campaign by saying that my campaign TG was arguably unnecessary (it wasn't- approvals were stagnating, and 17 to go in roughly a day warranted a second campaign in my opinion).

1. No. I was trying to call attention to the logic used in the proposal ;p
2. Your telegram would liekly have been necessary in different, potentially more timely circumstances - although you're the one controlling what time you send your telegrams out :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 319,372): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491
Other achievements: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; -45 Darkspawn Kill Points; current WA Delegate of Auctor; "Tinhampton? the man's literally god"
Who am I, really? 45yo Tory woman; Cambridge graduate; possibly very controversial; currently reading Why Nations Fail by Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson

User avatar
Wayneactia
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1481
Founded: Aug 01, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wayneactia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:10 pm

Tinhampton wrote:y more timely circumstances - although you're the one controlling what time you send your telegrams out :P

None of which was even so much as a remote concern to you. You had no stake in this, and decided to interfere simply because you could.

User avatar
The Unified Missourtama States
Envoy
 
Posts: 253
Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:19 pm

There is no good ICly reason to repeal this, "They were to bad to be condemned" does not make sense, this needs a complete redraft.

I think the best IC explanation for this repeal is probably that it was out of SC jurisdiction to really restrict in a preventive way, if you can somehow do that without making it sound like the original proposal is completely illegal.
The Unified Missourtama States (TUMS)
It’s a relaxed, friendly, yet simultaneously competitive
group of diverse users across the globe, and
it truly makes for such a great April Fools' prank
when everything gets deleted come April 1, 2021.

- Noah

[Security Council author, card farmer, and gameplayer.]

User avatar
Lord Dominator
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6197
Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Lord Dominator » Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:05 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:There is no good ICly reason to repeal this,

Well yes, forum destruction being strictly a OOC thing is why I'm attempting a repeal, and that's naturally hard to phrase IC.
"They were to bad to be condemned" does not make sense,

Your partial mangling of my argument aside, that seems to be strictly a you thing.
this needs a complete redraft.

My knowledge of the vote that was to be suggests it's perfectly fine as-is.
Dee Vytherov-Skollvaldr | Forest | TBH Major and Council Member | WA Vizier | Ambassador to the WA

User avatar
Free Las Pinas
Envoy
 
Posts: 273
Founded: May 03, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Free Las Pinas » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:38 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:There is no good ICly reason to repeal this, "They were to bad to be condemned" does not make sense

Not really? Isn't that why we don't condemn certain nations/regions? I do agree, however, that there isn't much of a good way to frame this with IC context.
The Unified Missourtama States wrote:this needs a complete redraft

Well, most arguments in favor seem to have either too much opposition or too little information to back it up.
Free Las Pinas
Minister of Labor, 10000 Islands
Cards Co-op Administrator, 10000 Islands
Supreme Vice Chair of Inarticulate,
But Potentially Beneficial, Decisions


Posts are OOC, unless marked otherwise.

User avatar
Goobergunchia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 1663
Founded: Antiquity
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Goobergunchia » Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Free Las Pinas wrote:
The Unified Missourtama States wrote:There is no good ICly reason to repeal this, "They were to bad to be condemned" does not make sense

Not really? Isn't that why we don't condemn certain nations/regions? I do agree, however, that there isn't much of a good way to frame this with IC context.


Destruction of the seat of regional government is how I think of it. Think, say, nuking your favorite country's capital. It's not a precise analogy but it's close enough to roll with.

This has been an OOC post.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms?
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Member, UNOG
Rules: GA SC
Retired Forum Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See The One-Stop Rules Shop.
Who are the mods? See the All About Moderators sticky.

User avatar
Whamabama
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 368
Founded: Feb 04, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Whamabama » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Goobergunchia wrote:
Free Las Pinas wrote:Not really? Isn't that why we don't condemn certain nations/regions? I do agree, however, that there isn't much of a good way to frame this with IC context.


Destruction of the seat of regional government is how I think of it. Think, say, nuking your favorite country's capital. It's not a precise analogy but it's close enough to roll with.

This has been an OOC post.


Exactly how it was written. There is plently of historical examples of the word "Forum" being used to describe the place of government.

"The sovereignty of one's self over one's self is called 'liberty'."
Founder of Equilism
E-Army Officer
Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms
Equilism's Forum http://www.equilism.org/forum/index.php?act=idx

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BludHaven, Westinor

Advertisement

Remove ads