NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend the Rejected Realms

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1803
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:56 am

Ilefeb wrote:The Rejected Realms are full of nations that have been ejected and banned from other regions. Many of these nations are trolls, fascists, and racists. Yet, we need to commend this region? I fail to understand.

While what you say has some truth to it, the vast majority of TRR citizens cannot be labelled as such. TRR has built up a unique culture over the years, something that should be recognised.

Unfortunately, like the author’s previous attempts to Commend them, this proposal falls far short of properly recognizing the quality that the region possesses.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Marxist Germany
Diplomat
 
Posts: 752
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Marxist Germany » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:21 pm

"Marxist Germany will be voting against this resolution. We believe the Rejected Realms have done much more and do not deserve to be commended by this rather appalling piece of legislation."
"Marxist" no longer applies to this country. This country was made back when I was a leftist.
Author of GA#461

IC:
RP name: Germany
The National Factbook (WIP)
Ambassador Klaus Schmidt
Political Compass
PolitiStates Result
Pro:Laissez-faire, Nationalism, Guns, Free speech, Christianity, Same-sex marriage, United Ireland.
Anti:Transgenderism, Abortion, Socialism, Interventionism, Mass-migration.

User avatar
Ilefeb
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Jun 24, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Ilefeb » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Borovan entered the region as he wrote:
Ilefeb wrote:The Rejected Realms are full of nations that have been ejected and banned from other regions. Many of these nations are trolls, fascists, and racists. Yet, we need to commend this region? I fail to understand.

No one said the rejected realms was a prison meant for delinquents. Your comment are very misleading and fails to account the different reasoning a person or player bans ppl.

I do not think it is a 'prison,' I am fully aware that nations that do not desire to be in TRR can just leave. For that reason, I stand with what I said earlier, because everyone in that region has chosen to accept the racist, fascists, and trolling nations. Even if the majority of the TRR is not.
Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:While what you say has some truth to it, the vast majority of TRR citizens cannot be labelled as such. TRR has built up a unique culture over the years, something that should be recognised.

Unfortunately, like the author’s previous attempts to Commend them, this proposal falls far short of properly recognizing the quality that the region possesses.

I feel like all regions have a culture of some sort. I don't think its enough for a commendation though.

User avatar
The Church of Satan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 909
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Church of Satan » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:23 pm

Ilefeb wrote:I do not think it is a 'prison,' I am fully aware that nations that do not desire to be in TRR can just leave. For that reason, I stand with what I said earlier, because everyone in that region has chosen to accept the racist, fascists, and trolling nations. Even if the majority of the TRR is not.

You say that as if we have a choice in the matter. What would you have us do? Eject them? Ban them? Oh wait- it appears we have never had that luxury.
Ilefeb wrote:I feel like all regions have a culture of some sort. I don't think its enough for a commendation though.

Every region does have its culture. However we built ours from the outcasts, rejected and unwanted of the entire NationStates world. Long ago, back in 2003 celebrated rejects like Crazygirl (a former game mod even!) came together and made The Rejected Realms a region independent of foreign control. This became the foundation for The Rejected Realms as we know it today. We couldn't pick and choose which nations were "good enough" to stay like literally every other region can. So we looked at what we had and ran with it. We used that as a basis for a culture spent giving second chances to the unforgivable and guess what? It didn't just work. Our region flourished. No other region can honestly make such a claim. That is most certainly worthy of commendation.
The Rejected Realms: Former Delegate | Former Vice Delegate | Longest Consecutively Serving Officer in TRR History - 824 Days

Chanku: This isn't an election it's an assault on the eyes. | Ikania: Hear! The Gospel of... Satan. Erh...
Yuno: Not gonna yell, but CoS is one of the best delegates ever

User avatar
United Lammunist Republic
Secretary
 
Posts: 26
Founded: Dec 31, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby United Lammunist Republic » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:57 am

Should have waited for April Fools day next year to submit this, you might have gained a little more support for the joke that is this piece of legislation.

User avatar
Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 18922
Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:03 am

Ilefeb wrote:For that reason, I stand with what I said earlier, because everyone in that region has chosen to accept the racist, fascists, and trolling nations. Even if the majority of the TRR is not.


Interesting... so you assert that the flaw of TRR is that it is too tolerant? :lol:

User avatar
New Sayoni
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 5
Founded: May 30, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby New Sayoni » Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Ilefeb wrote:For that reason, I stand with what I said earlier, because everyone in that region has chosen to accept the racist, fascists, and trolling nations. Even if the majority of the TRR is not.


Interesting... so you assert that the flaw of TRR is that it is too tolerant? :lol:


In my opinion, there *is* such a thing as too tolerant. As in, being tolerant of hate and bigotry :P
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Eumaeus
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 106
Founded: Jan 27, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Eumaeus » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:03 pm

Ilefeb wrote:I do not think it is a 'prison,' I am fully aware that nations that do not desire to be in TRR can just leave. For that reason, I stand with what I said earlier, because everyone in that region has chosen to accept the racist, fascists, and trolling nations. Even if the majority of the TRR is not.

You do understand that the only alternative to them accepting the racists, fascists, and trolls would involve leaving the region, allowing the racists, fascists, and trolls to take control, correct?
\▼/We Are Not the NSA\▼/

Raiding HistorySecurity CouncilDear NativesTWP Raid

"You ask my honorable name? My name is Nohbdy:
mother, father, and friends, everyone calls me Nohbdy."

User avatar
Imperium Anglorum
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8729
Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:28 pm

I'm shocked, shocked to find that a lack of banning is going on in the Rejected Realms.

Author: 1 SC and 28 GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
Delegate for Europe
Out-of-character unless marked otherwise
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate

User avatar
Glacikaldr
Envoy
 
Posts: 296
Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Glacikaldr » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 pm

"As a nation of trolls, fascists, and racists, I hereby support this resolution".

As for the propaganda that we had the first military of ALL TIME in NationStates, I'm glad to see it's spreading well. Though, technically, The current TRR doesn't even have a military as the RRA insists it is a separate entity to the government since the beginning OF TIME ITSELF.
TRR's MOST PROLIFIC DOOFA

WikiStates - Glacikaldr

User avatar
Creslonia
Attaché
 
Posts: 98
Founded: Oct 27, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Creslonia » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:05 am

"The Republic of Creslonia will be voting against this resolution. Although it has imrpoved significantly since initial drafts, the included clauses do not provide any overwhelming reasons for why The Rejected Realms are deserving of a commendation. Also, the author's crediblity (previous indecisiveness regarding putting forward this proposal) and their general lack of in-depth knowledge of The Rejected Realms has done nothing other than convince the Foreign Ministry from not even presenting this to the Prime Minister."
- Alexander Finch, Minister of Foreign Affairs

User avatar
Shaktirajya
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 143
Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Shaktirajya » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:58 pm

We, the People's Hindu Matriarchy of Shaktirajya, hereby vote AGAINST this resolution in concert with Our regional delegate St. Mark. That is all.

Vaktaha Samajavadinaha Matarajyasya Shaktirajyasya
Nota Bene: Even though my country is a Matriarchy, I am a dude.

Pro: Hinduism, Buddhism, polytheism, legalization of drugs and prostitution, free thought, sexual freedom, freedom of speech.

Anti: Intolerant Abrahamic religion, drug prohibition, homophobia and homomisia, prudery, asceticism.

User avatar
Thorackistan
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Jul 08, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Thorackistan » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:36 am

IC: "Supreme Dictator and Thorackistan were kicked out of The Communist Bloc to the Rejected Realms because we were not communist. Though they seem like a region of good nature, we do not support this region because ... well, we just don't like it! :ugeek: "

:rofl:

User avatar
Hatterleigh
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1107
Founded: Sep 07, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Hatterleigh » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Hey wait, this is my region! Out of all the times I decide to check the WA after months of not even caring what was on there, this is the vote? Crazy coincidence
✦ ✦ ✦ The Free Domain of Hatterleigh ✦ ✦ ✦
National News Network: Hatterlese Ligue A kicks off, Football / Soccer fans prepare for the season
Overview of Hatterleigh | William Botrum, Hatterleigh's President | Hatterlese Embassy Program | I don't use NS stats.
Pro: Passive Tribalism, Guilds, Mixed Economics, Religion, Collectivism, Evola, Plato
Anti: Tech, Industrial Capitalism, Hedonism, Atheism

User avatar
Fulford
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: May 03, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Fulford » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:53 pm

"This piece of legislation is rather appalling, on the contrary The Rejected Realms does deserve commendation for their noble efforts within our world, Fulford hereby votes for this resolution!"
Fulford does not participate in NationStates stats and policies.

"We are United in diversity, Unity in Liberty!"
- Adam Salt, President of Fulford

User avatar
Bhang Bhang Duc
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1803
Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:48 am

"Commend the Rejected Realms" was defeated 10,672 votes to 2,567.
Former Delegate and Guardian of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart

Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Senator
 
Posts: 4167
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:23 pm

Well, it's been defeated. I thank everyone who supported me on this resolution, and hope that those who opposed it may collaborate with me in the future.
Proud Red Tory.
An 8 Power Civilization, with Tier 9 Technology and Type 7 Influence.
I use NS stats for the Economy and GDP spending only.
Working on this right now!

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Secular State, Right to Bear Arms, Death Penalty, Responsible Immigration Policies, Equality.
Against: SJWS, Modern Leftism, Socialism, Islamism, Discrimination, Orwellian Government.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
My favourite revenge would be:
Genivaria wrote:Giving him an anal probe with a bayonet?

User avatar
East Meranopirus
Envoy
 
Posts: 326
Founded: Jul 28, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby East Meranopirus » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:37 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:and hope that those who opposed it may collaborate with me in the future.

Perhaps they will if you show that you're willing to listen.
You'll be lucky to catch me IC in the WA forums. Also author of GA Resolution #464 (hedge your bets on when it'll be repealed)

President and WA Delegate of Union of Allied States

Representing the Social Democratic Party as Albin Lundberg in NS Parliament. Fight for freedom, equality, and prosperity for the people!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads