NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Commend The North Pacific

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.
User avatar
Fedele
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 60
Founded: Apr 23, 2005
New York Times Democracy

[DRAFT] Commend The North Pacific

Postby Fedele » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:42 pm

The last commendation proposed was inward focused and misdirected. While it is the belief of myself and many that the region deserves a commendation, the commendation is not deserved for the reasons that were presented in the defeated proposal. This draft seeks to be outward focused, detailing the positive influence that The North Pacific has had beyond its waters.

I submit the following for your criticism.

Recognizing the inter-regional standards The North Pacific has championed for respecting the rights of citizen nations, such as presumption of innocence and due process;

Acknowledging the gravity The North Pacific has had in inter-regional affairs, influencing how treaties have been written in other regions and holding its own allies accountable;

Grateful for the work The North Pacific as a whole has prioritized in mentoring developing nations;

Applauding The North Pacific's long history of combating unjust tyranny domestically through successful resistance campaigns and abroad through the North Pacific Army's numerous battles against fascist forces;

Cognizant of the trials and challenges of the past that make its accomplishments all the more impressive;

Hereby commends The North Pacific.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2057
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:02 pm

This is one of the worst Security Council drafts I've ever seen from an experienced player. Congratulations.

I support commendation of The North Pacific -- I even voted for the last one -- but it should be a commendation that actually matches their accomplishments. They deserve a commendation that gets specific about their achievements, not a lazy badge hunting attempt by an ego stroking Feeder Delegate who just wants to prove he can pass garbage through the Security Council solely because he's a Feeder Delegate. TNP deserves better than that.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Regional Councillor of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

Join the only free, democratic, and non-authoritarian Pacifica in NationStates!

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Minister
 
Posts: 3434
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:22 pm

I don't know if this is serious or a pisstake :P If it is serious then its horribly generic, replace TNP with almost any other region and it could apply.
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Aclion
Minister
 
Posts: 3270
Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Aclion » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:25 pm

This one has even less content the the previous one. Given that that the previous one failed do to a lack of relevant commendable actions i don't see why this one should pass either. :/
A free society rests on four boxes: The soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the ammo box.
XKI: Recruiter, TITO member
TEP: WA Executive Staff member
Forest: Cartographer
Oatland: Caesar, Cartographer

It is the citizen's duty to understand which box to use, and when.

User avatar
Reventus Koth
Envoy
 
Posts: 273
Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm going to assume this is a joke. It's probably in your best interests to pretend it is too, if the intent really was to write a serious commendation.
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19632
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:54 pm

As previously suggested, I recommend a bit more detail to get some of the clauses out of generalities. Otherwise, it's certainly much better than the previous commendation effort.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD

User avatar
Altinsane
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Altinsane » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:13 pm

Lol. Scar just hates TNP, I don't think it's serious, y'all. This seems like a pretty obvious "couldn't think of anything nice to say, so here's this" presentation. :p

Sad tho bc actually TNP would probably do well to be commended, idk why we're getting these empty drafts for a region that's got so much positive history on easy access.
Altino Asteorra
Pharaoh of Osiris
Karma Sage
Occasional Punstress
Very, very fond of owls
{o,o}
|)__)
-”-”-

User avatar
The Gilded Star
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 123
Founded: Nov 26, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Gilded Star » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:08 pm

I too support the [insert praise here] of [insert region name here].

User avatar
Syberis
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 408
Founded: Jan 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Syberis » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:57 am

Reventus Koth wrote:I'm going to assume this is a joke. It's probably in your best interests to pretend it is too, if the intent really was to write a serious commendation.


It's Scardino. Low-effort pseudo-humor is like 90% of his personality. :P
I've finally found what I was looking for
A place where I can be without remorse
Because I am a stranger who has found
An even stranger war

Zaolat wrote:WHO THE F*** IS SYBERIS

User avatar
Battlion
Diplomat
 
Posts: 540
Founded: Aug 01, 2011
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Battlion » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:30 pm

They raided a small defenceless region and effectively made it a shining target, they’re a feeder (which imo adds an extra onus on them) and have voted against GA resolutions that I personally don’t find justifiable.

That and the sarcasm dripping from this makes me laugh :clap: :clap:

User avatar
Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8992
Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:33 am

As far as your standard commendation, this isn’t a bad start, regardless of the unhelpful criticism above. What it needs is 1-2 supporting examples for each claim that’s being made.

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5553
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Glen-Rhodes wrote:As far as your standard commendation, this isn’t a bad start, regardless of the unhelpful criticism above. What it needs is 1-2 supporting examples for each claim that’s being made.


I agree with Glen-Rhodes, it just needs some specifics to support the argument provided. It’s not as bad a text as some have made it out to be.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
BlackLight Covenant
Secretary
 
Posts: 40
Founded: Apr 24, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby BlackLight Covenant » Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:18 pm

Unibot III wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:As far as your standard commendation, this isn’t a bad start, regardless of the unhelpful criticism above. What it needs is 1-2 supporting examples for each claim that’s being made.


I agree with Glen-Rhodes, it just needs some specifics to support the argument provided. It’s not as bad a text as some have made it out to be.


It's not that it's bad, it's more that in its current state, this proposal feels so...painfully generic (I guess). With some more examples, it would definitely be a lot better, but until then, it really doesn't stand out from the mass of drafts that quietly die off over time, which is a tad of a shame.
"Perhaps I should write a proper signature at some point soon."

- Cov, subconsciously knowing he'd forget about this idea within two minutes of writing it down

User avatar
Flying Eagles
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 44
Founded: Nov 04, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Flying Eagles » Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:42 pm

I feel there is little appetite to revisit this issue. Perhaps you should wait a bit. Then, your proposal might get a fairer hearing. People don’t like dealing with the same thing twice in a row.
In a union with The United Universe

Remember that we’re not perfect

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2057
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:27 am

Unibot III wrote:
Glen-Rhodes wrote:As far as your standard commendation, this isn’t a bad start, regardless of the unhelpful criticism above. What it needs is 1-2 supporting examples for each claim that’s being made.


I agree with Glen-Rhodes, it just needs some specifics to support the argument provided. It’s not as bad a text as some have made it out to be.

The complaint about it is the lack of specific detail. I said "they deserve a commendation that gets specific about their achievements." The advice you and Glen-Rhodes are giving him is just a more politely worded reiteration of what has already been said by the people you're both saying you disagree with.
Cormac Skollvaldr
Regional Councillor of Pacifica

Awards, Honors, and WA Authorships

Join the only free, democratic, and non-authoritarian Pacifica in NationStates!

User avatar
Drop Your Pants
Minister
 
Posts: 3434
Founded: Apr 17, 2005
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Drop Your Pants » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:The complaint about it is the lack of specific detail. I said "they deserve a commendation that gets specific about their achievements." The advice you and Glen-Rhodes are giving him is just a more politely worded reiteration of what has already been said by the people you're both saying you disagree with.

I think it's more myself and Koth he's talking about on this one :blush:
Happily oblivious to NS Drama

User avatar
Unibot III
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5553
Founded: Mar 11, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Unibot III » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:38 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Unibot III wrote:
I agree with Glen-Rhodes, it just needs some specifics to support the argument provided. It’s not as bad a text as some have made it out to be.

The complaint about it is the lack of specific detail. I said "they deserve a commendation that gets specific about their achievements." The advice you and Glen-Rhodes are giving him is just a more politely worded reiteration of what has already been said by the people you're both saying you disagree with.


I think the reason why G-R and I aren't dunking on the proposal text is because as GA authors we've seen what proper crap looks like the WA. This isn't it: its structure is there, the substance is not.
[violet] wrote:I mean this in the best possible way,
but Unibot is not a typical NS player.
Milograd wrote:You're a caring, resolute lunatic
with the best of intentions.
Org. Join Date: 25/05/2008 | Former Delegate of The Rejected Realms | Gameplay Alignment: -18 / -13
Unibotian Factbook // An Analysis of NationStates Generations // The Gameplay Alignment Test // NS Weather // How do I join the UDL? // The Transpacific Trade
Paradise Found // The Unibotian Life Expectancy Index // Proudly Authored 9 GA Res., 14 SC Res. // Commended by SC#78 // The Polysemes of Nativeness;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
✯ Duty is Eternal, Justice is Imminent: UDL

User avatar
Kinnies
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 10
Founded: Feb 17, 2019
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kinnies » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:52 pm

Doesn’t matter how well you write the proposals are written, when are the feeders gonna stop doing the elephant walk

User avatar
Wallenburg
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19632
Founded: Jan 30, 2015
New York Times Democracy

Postby Wallenburg » Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:35 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Unibot III wrote:
I agree with Glen-Rhodes, it just needs some specifics to support the argument provided. It’s not as bad a text as some have made it out to be.

The complaint about it is the lack of specific detail. I said "they deserve a commendation that gets specific about their achievements." The advice you and Glen-Rhodes are giving him is just a more politely worded reiteration of what has already been said by the people you're both saying you disagree with.

Your criticism is about attacking the author, with substantive critique tacked on as justification for everything else you say. G-R and comparable posters, on the other hand, are actually criticizing the proposal on the basis of a need for some substantive improvement.
PROFESSIONAL CRITIC OF ALL THINGS GENSEC
There never has been, nor will there ever be, such thing as a wallenburger.
grestin went through the MKULTRA program and he has more of a free will than wallenburg does - Imperial Idaho
PRO: GOOD || ANTI: BAD


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads