NATION

PASSWORD

Developing A History for My Nation (Open)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:04 am

Andossa Se Mitrin Vega wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Are the 'Anumians' around Carrington entirely native, or is their dominant culture of colonial origins instead? If it's the latter then roughly when did those colonists arrive? I'm thinking of using opposition to their expansion as a significant factor in the history of the hairier people around Meldinburgh...

They would have been expansionists that arrived shortly before my peoples. They would have had great initial success but fallen off later before giving up on the colonization altogether. The conflict you mention could have been huge as a deciding factor in their leaving abruptly. Awesome.

Okay. That gives a potential start for Ursine influence during the period when Bears Armed had trouble with the second incarnation of 'the Purple Empire' (nothing to do with Starblaydia, honestly, it's just that the empire's leadership came from 'the Purple Clan' -- name partly inspired by use of purple as imperial colour in Rome, partly by the name of the 'Purple Gang' who ran organised crime in Detroit at one stage during Prohibition -- and the rest of the Bears named the empire after them) and its 'Demon Empire' successor, which means that I can write-in some refugees from one or another of the conflicts involved. Bearing in mind the fact that the distance travelled probably implies use of the ancient 'gates', and that the Ursine settlers subsequent humanisation probably makes some of the "human-souled" Imperials their likeliest source, that definitely seems to make 'Second Purple Empire' loyalists -- or maybe even [First] 'Purple Empire' loyalist refugees, after that regime was overthrown which happened about two generations before the Second Empire was founded -- the most viable candidates. I'll double-check my own timeline, and get back to you on this fairly soon.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Starblaydia
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 05, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Starblaydia » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:13 am

Starblaydia wrote:
Dorian and Sonya wrote:Perhaps the similarities in your cultures (that you both love to build upon) were not Starblaydi or Vegan to begin with but both of you had them introduced into your cultures from peoples native to the area that ASMV settled. That would explain how you got it a bit earlier even though it would seem to most modern people to have come from ASMV. You know most people don’t follow their own histories that closely. This idea would also open up a whole new box of worms for the two of you to explore.

More worms... I'll have a think.

I'm playing around with a few ideas in my head of something suitably Atlantean of a much-advanced culture destroyed by some massive catastrophe, with the survivors/refugees becoming the ancient Vegan types we know and love (and can develop further). Will let you know further thoughts.

Bears Armed wrote:That gives a potential start for Ursine influence during the period when Bears Armed had trouble with the second incarnation of 'the Purple Empire' (nothing to do with Starblaydia, honestly, it's just that the empire's leadership came from 'the Purple Clan' and the rest of the Bears named the empire after them)

Not a problem (or even a confusion), as the Starblaydi colour purple simply comes from dye made from our orchids.
Six-Time World Cup Committee President (WCs 25-33, 46-51 & 82*)
Co-host of World Cups 20, 40 & 80 • Di Bradini Cup Organiser
World Cups 30, 63 & 83 Runner-Up • World Cup 27 Third Place • 25th Baptism of Fire Runner-Up
Seven-Time AOCAF Cup Champions • Two-time U21, One-Time U18 WC Champions • Men's Football Olympic Champions, Ashford Games
Five-Time Cherry Cup Champions • 1st Quidditch World Cup Champions • WGPC8 Drivers' Champion
The Protectorate of Starblaydia
Commended by WA Security Council Resolution #40
Five-Time NS World Cup Champions (WCs 25, 28, 41, 44 & 47)

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information