NATION

PASSWORD

Ridiculous things your military does

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cresilia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresilia » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 am

The Republic of Cresilia Army maintains one regiment (The 11th Special Regiment) that is armed solely with Nerf Guns. They are more of a.....friendly force. They have fun though.

Not very deadly.
The Republic of Cresilia

Norstal wrote:NORTH KOREAN JUCHE

Cows? You no have cows. You get picture of Glorious Leader to eat instead.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

Asclepion wrote:
NMD America wrote:
Even so, and there are more problems with that approach. The needles would be useless against most modern armies, the majority of which employ body armor, meaning you'd have to train the men you deploy to achieve some very difficult shots, and regularly.

I hope you don't wind up in a war, or even in an especially dangerous peacekeeping situation. To expect soldiers, any soldiers, to go in thus equipped and trained is truly ridiculous.

The penetration of the needle itself the issue we face; the weaponised syringes we deploy use a razor sharp edge, and most modern body armors aren't designed to counter an extra long, meant for penetration knife going at 400 yards a second.

The problem our military faces is, in all honesty, lack of devotion. Not killing your opponent is much less thrilling than an actual kill, so the adrenaline among our troops is quite low. We've even deployed Adrenaline pills to counter this, but we've not enough pills for all our troops. As such, we're also looking to adopt a Super Soldier's program, expected to be completed in a few years or so; but that's a different story.

You honestly have no understanding of human biology and little understanding of weapons.

Humans don't get adrenaline because they find something thrilling, they can have an adrenaline rush for multiple reasons, fear, pain, excitement, as long as they are psychologically human your soldiers won't need adrenaline pills. Also, super soldiers is a retarded concept, because no matter how good they are they can still be killed by artillery like a normal soldiers, now some sort of super general would be a better idea.

Also, a hollow syringe wouldn't have the mass to penetrate armour and would pretty much just get smashed into a small brick of metal, explosions kill people with a shockwave, the sheer force of it pretty much turns your insides into mush, solid blocks of material still have massive amounts of kinetic energy, and the collapse of buildings would obviously kill the people inside, also, rubber bullets can easily kill, especially if you are hit by multiple rounds a minute. As an added note, the fact that your bullets are less likely to kill makes machine guns mostly useless being that the soldiers have nothing to fear.
IC Nation Name: The Glorious Empire of Luthoria
Monarch: Emperor Siegfried XVI

Asclepion
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Asclepion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:02 am

Cresilia wrote:The Republic of Cresilia Army maintains one regiment (The 11th Special Regiment) that is armed solely with Nerf Guns. They are more of a.....friendly force. They have fun though.

Not very deadly.

Maybe yours and mine should meet up sometime. We do have a government sanctioned "Nerf Brigade." meant for fighting those hooligans we always see on American television.

Asclepion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Asclepion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:20 am

The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:
Asclepion wrote:The penetration of the needle itself the issue we face; the weaponised syringes we deploy use a razor sharp edge, and most modern body armors aren't designed to counter an extra long, meant for penetration knife going at 400 yards a second.

The problem our military faces is, in all honesty, lack of devotion. Not killing your opponent is much less thrilling than an actual kill, so the adrenaline among our troops is quite low. We've even deployed Adrenaline pills to counter this, but we've not enough pills for all our troops. As such, we're also looking to adopt a Super Soldier's program, expected to be completed in a few years or so; but that's a different story.

You honestly have no understanding of human biology and little understanding of weapons.

Humans don't get adrenaline because they find something thrilling, they can have an adrenaline rush for multiple reasons, fear, pain, excitement, as long as they are psychologically human your soldiers won't need adrenaline pills. Also, super soldiers is a retarded concept, because no matter how good they are they can still be killed by artillery like a normal soldiers, now some sort of super general would be a better idea.

Also, a hollow syringe wouldn't have the mass to penetrate armour and would pretty much just get smashed into a small brick of metal, explosions kill people with a shockwave, the sheer force of it pretty much turns your insides into mush, solid blocks of material still have massive amounts of kinetic energy, and the collapse of buildings would obviously kill the people inside, also, rubber bullets can easily kill, especially if you are hit by multiple rounds a minute. As an added note, the fact that your bullets are less likely to kill makes machine guns mostly useless being that the soldiers have nothing to fear.

First, I never said our soldiers don't experience adrenaline natrually at all, just most of the time; our country being medically minded, death isn't a topic that creates fear. Seeing the enemy for my troops creates little fear, if any, and ergo, little adrenaline. I'm quite aware of the multiple causes of adrenaline, but, the two most common on the regular battlefield are missing, so many of our finest lack adrenaline.

I also recall saying that we have Weaponised syringes. they aren't just, glass tubes with a needle and plundger in a rifle, not at all. They're somewhat resemblant of bullets, just, not. I'd post specs, but I'm at school, and they're at home.

As well, I believe I never stated that we don't kill anyone ever. If a syringe hits someone in a vital vein, grazes a place like your neck, or if something like our rubbet bullets kill someone, we don't care. It's intended to minimise casualities, not eliminate them.

Machine guns keep us from getting rushed. Plain and simple.
If you have anyother type of complaint (There are many, if you look for them.), I don't care. It's a fictional army, in a region of one, on a website.
Last edited by Asclepion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Macouria
Attaché

Founded: Mar 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Macouria » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 am

Asclepion wrote:
First, I never said our soldiers don't experience adrenaline natrually at all, just most of the time; our country being medically minded, death isn't a topic that creates fear. Seeing the enemy for my troops creates little fear, if any, and ergo, little adrenaline. I'm quite aware of the multiple causes of adrenaline, but, the two most common on the regular battlefield are missing, so many of our finest lack adrenaline.

I also recall saying that we have Weaponised syringes. they aren't just, glass tubes with a needle and plundger in a rifle, not at all. They're somewhat resemblant of bullets, just, not. I'd post specs, but I'm at school, and they're at home.

As well, I believe I never stated that we don't kill anyone ever. If a syringe hits someone in a vital vein, grazes a place like your neck, or if something like our rubbet bullets kill someone, we don't care. It's intended to minimise casualities, not eliminate them.

If you have anyother type of complaint (There are many, if you look for them.), I don't care. It's a fictional army, in a region of one, on a website.

I'd like to see those specs, once you have some time. A hollow projectile is going to have serious problems, weaponized or not. Either it will be just as lethal as a bullet, or it will be almost useless.

As to the issue of realism? Yes, this is a fantasy game, but good luck finding anybody who doesn't call BS if you fight 'em.
Macouria wrote:Macourians have always preferred to let the enemy do the crying.

Lubyak
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lubyak » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:30 am

We maintain 3 divisions (so around 3000) T-600 Mamluk Urban Pacification Vehicles. They are ridiculouslly overseized, overgunned and overarmoured tanks that can barely move faster than 5~10 mph, and spend a good 70% of their time in maintenance bays. Why do we do this? Well, officially the tanks are meant to be used in cities where its surronding will let it hide from aircraft, and its armor can protect it against any infantry carried anti-tank weapons.

Unofficially the tanks are nothing but propaganda machines, spending 20% of their total time on parade and on propaganda tours. We try to never send them into REAL combat, unless we have no other choice. Squashing insurgents however....
Last edited by Lubyak on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asclepion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Asclepion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:32 am

Macouria wrote:
Asclepion wrote:

I'd like to see those specs, once you have some time. A hollow projectile is going to have serious problems, weaponized or not. Either it will be just as lethal as a bullet, or it will be almost useless.

As to the issue of realism? Yes, this is a fantasy game, but good luck finding anybody who doesn't call BS if you fight 'em.

Well, I don't really see how anyone would have a problem with me, because:
1. I'm not saying I use them at a ridiclous range. Again, I'd tell you the range, but the specs are at home. They're susposed to work at longish ranges, but not bullet long (Last I recall a normal Asclepian rifle's effective range is at ~100 feet.)

2. I don't RP a lot, unless it's with the people at school.
(Edit: Sorry for lingering so long, I didn't expect anyone to randomly nitpick how ineffective my military is.)
Last edited by Asclepion on Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

-St George
Senator

Founded: Apr 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby -St George » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:35 am

City 9 wrote:
-St George wrote:1 in 6 soldiers carry a L9A1 50mm Light Mortar.

That is awesome!

As our squads are 24 men in size that's 4 per squad.

Other ridiculous stuff we do?

Well, our military isn't split into traditional branches, but instead there are 5 Orders that each have their own land and air forces and they operate different tech.
[19:12] <Amitabho> I mean, a little niggling voice tells me this is impossible, but then my voice of reason kicks in
[21:07] <@Milograd> I totally endorse the unfair moderation.
01:46 Goobergunch I could support StGeorge's nuts for the GOP nomination
( Anemos was here )
Also, Bonobos

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:38 am

Asclepion wrote:
The Anglo-Saxon Empire wrote:You honestly have no understanding of human biology and little understanding of weapons.

Soldiers almost never get adrenaline by thinking "fuck yeah killing Nazis this is awesome" only psychopaths actually get any sort of positive excitement from combat, so using that as your reasoning to distribute adrenaline pills is stupid.

Syringes of any kind do not work against armour because it requires a hollow area to hold the liquid or whatever that you are planning on injecting into the soldier, and when it impacted armour or flesh it would act a lot like a hollow point bullet, simply being smashed into a pancake shape against armour, or tearing a larger hole in a soldier than a normal bullet if they didn't have armour.

Except you might as well use lethal weapons in many cases because your 'non lethal' or 'less lethal' weapons are just as lethal only more painful and taking more time to kill.

Except they don't keep you from being rushed because the enemy only need some goggles, hard armour, and a helmet and he can poke his head up and shoot you without any threat at all.

Most of your weapons are either useless, or just assholish because they either do nothing, or just cause more damage that will kill more slowly.

Fallout Rebels
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Fallout Rebels » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:39 am

We kill people for littering
You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone. - Al Capone
Whoever holds the gun, has the power
Whoever has power, needs a gun

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 am

Asclepion wrote:
Macouria wrote:

Well, I don't really see how anyone would have a problem with me, because:
1. I'm not saying I use them at a ridiclous range. Again, I'd tell you the range, but the specs are at home. They're susposed to work at longish ranges, but not bullet long (Last I recall a normal Asclepian rifle's effective range is at ~100 feet.)

(Edit: Sorry for lingering so long, I didn't expect anyone to randomly nitpick how ineffective my military is.)

1. They will still be useless against soldiers with armour and probably more lethal against soldiers without armour.

2. Whatever, if you and the people you RP with are cool with unrealistic stuff than I am not going to hound you about it if you don't want me to.

Asclepion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Asclepion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 am

Asclepion wrote:

Soldiers almost never get adrenaline by thinking "fuck yeah killing Nazis this is awesome" only psychopaths actually get any sort of positive excitement from combat, so using that as your reasoning to distribute adrenaline pills is stupid.

Syringes of any kind do not work against armour because it requires a hollow area to hold the liquid or whatever that you are planning on injecting into the soldier, and when it impacted armour or flesh it would act a lot like a hollow point bullet, simply being smashed into a pancake shape against armour, or tearing a larger hole in a soldier than a normal bullet if they didn't have armour.

Except you might as well use lethal weapons in many cases because your 'non lethal' or 'less lethal' weapons are just as lethal only more painful and taking more time to kill.

Except they don't keep you from being rushed because the enemy only need some goggles, hard armour, and a helmet and he can poke his head up and shoot you without any threat at all.

Most of your weapons are either useless, or just assholish because they either do nothing, or just cause more damage that will kill more slowly.

The spec would show it better, but the Gyrojet-like system our rifles and ammunition employ mostly nullify the hollow area problem. It also prevents tumbling, which is another reason these would be impractical to deploy in the real world. The pancaking effect is nullified by the weighted plundger, which absorbs most, if not all, of the "smashing" effect.

Our nonlethal weapons and tactics, which, while do create casualities, prevent far more death than would happen if we were using normal weaponry.

As well, if he was going to be that far, it'd be useless. we'd probably just throw a gas grenade at that point.

Asclepion
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Asclepion » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:52 am

Asclepion wrote:Well, I don't really see how anyone would have a problem with me, because:

1. They will still be useless against soldiers with armour and probably more lethal against soldiers without armour.

2. Whatever, if you and the people you RP with are cool with unrealistic stuff than I am not going to hound you about it if you don't want me to.

Only if the armor is fitted to protect against skinny, extra long knives. Which, on my (potential) opponants, are not the case.

But, thank you for no longer hounding me on the issue. I never said these would be effective IRL anyway. This is just my fictional, more futuristic(ish) military.

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:17 pm

New Balkaney wrote:
Legital wrote:All of our soldiers in each branch of the military are taught the ways of cannibalism, and to loot every dead body the come upon if possible. I mean after all, food and supplies might not be able to reach your position. They also carry two suicide pills that will stop the heart in twelve seconds.

If you take both, will it stop in six?

I don't see why not
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:09 pm

People may consider the fact that ten years ago, we sent a six-year-old into a giant space cannon away from her parents with artificial gravity, a television, a PSP and an Xbox 360 (In case she gets bored), a laptop, a refrigerator, a machine that recycles all the water used in the station (Including from the bathroom), and a small porthole to deliver foodstuffs once a month, crazy. Considering that she has the magic firepower of the Death Star of Star Wars fame, we call that putting the safety of the country first.
Last edited by Rupudska on Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Ruskarkand
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskarkand » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:23 pm

Before we go to war, our soldiers who are monolithian sometimes face the opposing armies camp, and salute them.
If one is killed by a sniper, then they fight unrelentlessly.
If they all come back ok, then they fight with honor, sparing the injured and giving them a second chance.

Our soldiers also often say 12 prayers to the Monolith before going to combat.
- Scottish resident of the United Kingdom.
- Appreciator of Dragons and Draconic things.
- Minor FanT. FT.
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."

Wikipedia and Universe
Senator

Founded: Jul 30, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikipedia and Universe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Ruskarkand wrote:They fight unrelentlessly.
And they should not be misunderestimated.
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, if they get pissed, they'll be a mile away- and barefoot.
Proud Member and Co-Founder of the MDISC Alliance
An ODECON Naval Analyst wrote:Superior tactics and training can in fact triumph over force of numbers and missile spam.
Bottle wrote:This is not rocket surgery, folks.
Senestrum wrote:This is relativity, the theory that takes everything we know about the world, bends it over, and fucks it to death with a spiked dildo.

Amerikians
Senator

Founded: Oct 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:41 pm

Dude remind me not to toss my paper cup @ Death for littering.
The United States of America
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

AM I EVEN CAPABLE OF CALLING IT A FUCKING PARODY ANYMORE!?!
Proclaimed Best-NS-America, one of Estainia's.

Nicksyllvania
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicksyllvania » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:52 pm

Amerikians wrote:Dude remind me not to toss my paper cup @ Death for littering.

I wonder what tossing concussive grenades into ponds for forage fish will warrant.

The Anglo-Saxon Empire
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Anglo-Saxon Empire » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:56 pm

Nicksyllvania wrote:
Amerikians wrote:Dude remind me not to toss my paper cup @ Death for littering.

I wonder what tossing concussive grenades into ponds for forage fish will warrant.

A shit ton of fish. Duh. What at all is environmentally unfriendly about fishing with high explosives? It is how most people here fish. would fish if we had any left.

Den Galaktiska Kolonie
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Den Galaktiska Kolonie » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:57 pm

Death is acceptable in training.

Not because it's Spetsnaz training Brutal, but because booster-packs are a regular part of training, and just a slight miscalculation in distance, height, and the pack's ability to move you that far can end your life.

But also because the training is pretty brutal.
One practice is having a recruit sit out in a field while his platoon shoots around him. This is meant to get him used to being under fire. Unfortunately, some freak too much, and unintentionally dive into a bullet.

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:58 pm

Nicksyllvania wrote:

A shit ton of fish. Duh. What at all is environmentally unfriendly about fishing with high explosives? It is how most people here fish. would fish if we had any left.

I'm not the only one?

If you're out of grenades you could always use your trousers as a net. /deadpanfuckingserious.
Obscure popculture references abound. The current year is 2042 of the Common Era, or Anno Domini, depending.

Nicksyllvania
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Nicksyllvania » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:00 pm

Den Galaktiska Kolonie wrote:Death is acceptable in training.

Not because it's Spetsnaz training Brutal, but because booster-packs are a regular part of training, and just a slight miscalculation in distance, height, and the pack's ability to move you that far can end your life.

But also because the training is pretty brutal.
One practice is having a recruit sit out in a field while his platoon shoots around him. This is meant to get him used to being under fire. Unfortunately, some freak too much, and unintentionally dive into a bullet.

We don't train our lads to miss.

We issue .22 revolvers and expect our lads to fire at each other in the proper upright stance, one hand behind the small of their back and fire upon each other in a composed manner.

New Korongo
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Korongo » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:02 pm

Nicksyllvania wrote:We issue .22 revolvers and expect our lads to fire at each other in the proper upright stance, one hand behind the small of their back and fire upon each other in a composed manner.

surely .22 is not a cartridge of the proper gentleman

Amerikians
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Amerikians » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:03 pm

Most of the deaths of the Maritime Rangers [Marines] come from Training, it's not ridiculous to expect death in training if you're doing it properly aka live ammo or stfu and call it 'practice' instead of training.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information