NATION

PASSWORD

Conlangs!

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 pm

Coccygia wrote:
Niur wrote:Sometimes the things you give us to translate take days. If you want more players, choose easier and shorter things to translate.

A good example is the one I'm working on now as a "penance" for something stoopid I posted. :blush: Do you have any idea how hard it is to translate terms like "Flossin'" and "SLABs" into even a real language? :( (All the same I have been ninja'd already!)

lol I didn't think you were actually gonna do it :D I'd still love to see it in other languages, if that makes you feel any better :p

For the curious, the post (the ninja one, that quotes the request) is this one :)

Republic of La Boca
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Republic of La Boca » Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:18 pm

The Creole of the Republic of La Boca, better known as 'Boquense Kriol', is a Semitic language spoken by 115,000 people in the central, northern and northeastern regions of the Republic of La Boca. He is very influenced by other languages ​​of the same family, such as Arabic and Hebrew.
It was created by the Jewish community of the Republic of La Boca to facilitate communication between Jews and Muslims in a common language. Nowadays it is used in school, newspapers, radio, television and other media.
Its writing system is the Arabic alphabet.

(كلم النسب جاوب الفاريء و اودل.
في الكرمظ و هقُق، ان غاديا دآس ناپام
شد هيم اكح ته ريم با تارام )

(Article N°1 of Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Boquense Creole)

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information