NATION

PASSWORD

Language of the Faeries

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Eireann Fae
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Eireann Fae » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:32 am

I've made some changes - mostly fixing errors, but most notably I've added a guide to the special characters used in the first post (Unicode and Alt-codes used). I've also started a spreadsheet in Google Drive, since I lost my local documents. This will also make it easier for me to look up words on the fly and compare existing roots to make sure I don't duplicate anything (sorting A->Z in the Fae column). Also on the spreadsheet is a 'Notes' column, where I offer literal translations of many compound words.

Still no word yet for 'neighbour', but dammit I've filled one in for 'banana' and that's a start! Hopefully more updates will be forthcoming.

Again, a reminder, this is here for players' convenience and conlang curiosity. In-game, nobody not an official resident of Eireann Fae is taught the language. If we're ever in a game together and my characters are speaking in Fae, your characters are not meant to understand them - no exceptions!

Ordysius
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 23, 2013
Anarchy

Postby Ordysius » Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm

This is very expansive. Good work!

You just reminded me about an alphabet I'm working on, so now I think I'm going to do that.
Last edited by Ordysius on Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+++ +++ +++
"Life, Liberty, etc."

Imperial Arcand wrote:"The only nation on NS that takes advice and acts upon it."

Previous

Return to Factbooks and National Information