NATION

PASSWORD

Your nation's Gunships?

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
UCDF
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Your nation's Gunships?

Postby UCDF » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Well, pic and description of your gunships. Like your main, heavy, experimental, etc.
Too cool for you.
I am not a nation. I am a nation's military.
Human-Alien war: VICTORY
Invasion of New Poseidon: VICTORY
I am a GUY
by Old Vester
Famous badass mercenary is famous.

The Imperial Navy wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:But you can't be serious, OP.

He is serious. And don't call him Shirley.
Adauchi wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Flying battleships crapping on whatever's underneath?!? Aren't pigeons and seagulls enough already?
:blink:

obviously not, with these newfangled battleships you shall be railgunned if you complain about the crapping.
:shock:
Factbook
Store

Artarnica
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Artarnica » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:46 pm

The Legionary Gunship.

equal to the size of the Star Destroyer (the large ship that crashed into the death star in the Star wars movie(i believe the third.))

UCDF
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby UCDF » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Known more readily as just “Hawk”, the Sparrowhawk is a formidable air to ground armor busting support aerodyne. The Hawk first saw actual combat against the Covenant on the surface of Harvest in the final months of that campaign.

The Sparrowhawk is a United Civil Defense Force VTOL aerial support aerodyne that appeared in

History:

The Hawk is a formidable air-to-ground anti-tank aerodyne. It is used by the UCDF in a ground support and anti-armor role to hunt tanks and support advances. Developed during the early years of the Human-Covenant War, it first saw action on Harvest during the end months of the Harvest Campaign.

Appearance

The Hawk has design elements from a mixture of modern VTOL aircraft, most prominently the Harrier Jump-Jet, and attack helicopter gunships such as the AH-64 Apache and the AH-1 Cobra.The cockpit is forward mounted, and the tail section juts out from behind the fuselage at a downward angle. Each wing incorporates a Ducted Air Fan for lift and thrust, and carries three missiles/rockets on pylons and a twin auto-cannon on each, with a Laser weapon mounted underneath the cockpit.

Performance:

"Hawk, ready to fly!"
—Anonymous Hawk Pilot

The Hawk is a fast and maneuverable aircraft, much more so than the AV-14 Attack VTOL that it is an upgrade of and therefore replaces. Rather than thrust-vectoring jet thrusters, like most UCDF aircraft, the Hawk makes use of ducted fans in the wings to provide lift and thrust, and is equipped with wing-mounted GUA-23/AW/Linkless Feed Autocannons as well as a nose-mounted Weapon/Anti-Vehicle Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle, allowing it to engage enemy infantry, vehicles and aircraft, making for an aircraft of extreme tactical versatility.
Too cool for you.
I am not a nation. I am a nation's military.
Human-Alien war: VICTORY
Invasion of New Poseidon: VICTORY
I am a GUY
by Old Vester
Famous badass mercenary is famous.

The Imperial Navy wrote:
Mike the Progressive wrote:But you can't be serious, OP.

He is serious. And don't call him Shirley.
Adauchi wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:Flying battleships crapping on whatever's underneath?!? Aren't pigeons and seagulls enough already?
:blink:

obviously not, with these newfangled battleships you shall be railgunned if you complain about the crapping.
:shock:
Factbook
Store

New Lusitaniagrad
Minister

Founded: Dec 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Lusitaniagrad » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Dammed Marxists running about buggering sheep, and other such mischief. We really must do something about that.
-Emperor Ulric VII, Father of The Lusitanian People

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:53 pm

tagged for later post
Right behind you...: UDL

Zagadonia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zagadonia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:13 pm

well our largest is the DS-450A its a converted cargo plane it can have 10 15MM miniguns or up to 4 heavy cannons

another is the DS-320A which is a converted duel rotor helicopter with a similar armorment

and the one with the highest manuverability is the DS-180A it uses anti gravity systems to modify its load and inertia stablizers to better contol its direction its main prepulsion is a twin ion engine which is fully sustainable for long trips its top altitude is outer space and its top speed is mach 15, as for weapons 4 30mm autocannons and a classified missle system you dont want to be on the wrong end of ;)
check my nation page for my factbook

Herminia
Minister

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herminia » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm

The Eurocopter Tiger, the most advanced gunship in our arsenal:

And the Ah-1 Cobra, currently in use only by Reserve Units:

No, in RL, I'm not a Nazi, I'm just an ordinary guy who knows the true politics behind it.
New Nicksyllvania wrote:Long live the Empire! A thousand Huzzahs for Herminia, and may our most esteemed Chancellor, the handsome devil, die a most noble and courageous death soon!

Canadai wrote:Seeing that, in a modern setting, scares the @#!*% out of me.

I have to say, you're by far the best at RPing a modern Nazi nation I've seen. Right down to the national motto.

in Herminia, gays are given the honour of executing communists

you truly are an enlightened nation

Zis nation has elements of magic, oppressed Nichtmenschen, and Nazi Super Science, zere is no realism with me

Bonnaful
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bonnaful » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:27 pm

Light attack helicopter-74 Lioness attack helicopter

The lioness attack helicopter is one of the cheaper models of the Bear attack helicopter, but is still used as a mobile helicopter for infantry on the move. It came into service in 1974 when our rivals were starting to produce a large number of tanks. It was originally equipped to hunt down tanks and destroy them.

Crew-1
Weapons- 4 hellfire rocket pods, and a 40mm automatic cannon
Max speed- 350 miles per hour
Amour-60mm on fuel tanks and around cockpit.
Number made- 2,000 both military and paramilitary

Medium attack helicopter- 87 Firefly attack helicopter
The firefly attack helicopter is one of the lest used attack helicopters in our army at the moment. This was our main anti ship, air and ground helicopter till 2002 when its bigger brother was introduce to the army. The firefly saw action in South Cammer when we invaded to protect our peace at mind. It was used as a transport helicopter and attack helicopter later in the war.

Crew-3
Weapons- 2 sparrow anti ship missiles, 2 .50 door mounted machine guns , 6 ANZA anti tank missiles in two pods, 40 mm auto cannon
Transport cap- 12 soldiers
Amour- classified
Mass speed-360 miles per hour
Number made-800
Heavy attack helicopter- 94 Bear model 4 attack helicopter AKA Stalker
The lioness attack helicopter is one of the cheaper models of the Bear attack helicopter, but is still used as a mobile helicopter for infantry on the move. It came into service in 1974 when our rivals were starting to produce a large number of tanks. It was originally equipped to hunt down tanks and destroy them.

Crew-1
Weapons- 4 hellfire rocket pods, and a 40mm automatic cannon
Max speed- 350 miles per hour
Amour-10mm on fuel tanks and around cockpit.
Number made- 2,000 both military and paramilitary
The firefly attack helicopter is one of the lest used attack helicopters in our army at the moment. This was our main anti ship, air and ground helicopter till 2002 when its bigger brother was introduce to the army. The firefly saw action in South Cammer when we invaded to protect our peace at mind. It was used as a transport helicopter and attack helicopter later in the war.

Crew-2
Weapons- 2 sparrow anti ship missiles, 2 .50 door mounted machine guns, 6 ANZA anti tank missiles in two pods, 40 mm auto cannon
Transport cap- 12 soldiers
Amour- classified
Mass speed-360 miles per hour
Number made-800

The Bear attack helicopter came into service when our armed forces were able to take down enemy tanks easier, and when producing the firefly became too much for a cheap helicopter. The Bear is one of the most heavily armored and armed helicopters to date in bonnafulian history. The bear has seen serve in anti terrorism campaign and intervention in civil wars. It is currently being used by all branches till the newer model comes out.
Crew 2
Weapons 60mm cannon, 6 hellfire missile pods, 4 fire and forget missile pods and 2 Zebra missiles (anti infantry.)
Amour- classified
Max speed-450 miles
Number made- 450

Bajireyn
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 27, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Bajireyn » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:18 pm

we have about 5 different types of helicopter which can be used as a gun ship the only non rotary-wing(eurocopter tiger and RAH-66 Comanche) and or tilt-rotor (AV-22 kestrel,AT-99 scorpion and AV-96 predator) the heaviest gunship is the V-44 Valkyrie quad-tilt rotor the replacement of the old AC-130, the Valkyrie carries a 105mm ETC howitzer twin type 76 50mm auto-cannons a GAU-8 avenger Gatling and two GAU 12 25mm Gatlings .
Last edited by Bajireyn on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right behind you...: UDL

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 pm

General characteristics
Geting (autogyro)

* Crew: 1
* Length: 8 m
* Wingspan: 12,8 m
* Rotor diameter: 14 m)
* Height: 4 m
* Empty weight: 2540kg
* Loaded weight: 5180 kg
* Max takeoff weight: 9,525 kg

Performance

* Maximum speed: 270 km/h
* Cruise speed: 230 km/h
* Range: 1,000 km
* Service ceiling: 6,000 m
* Rate of climb: 10 m/s

Armament
* 2 X 30mm machine guns with 1200 rounds
* 6 X antitank/cluster Missiles
* 2X 16 tungsten or HEISAP dart pods

Even if it is more similar to a attack helicopter so is it the closest thing we have.
Last edited by Imeriata on Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Kylarnatia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 07, 2008
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kylarnatia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:45 pm

The Ancient Empire of Kylarnatia // Imperium Antiquum Kylarnatiae
Lord of Gholgoth | Factbook (Work in Progress) | Embassy & Consulate Programme
I write mostly in PMT-FaNT, and I enjoy worldbuilding and storytelling. Any questions? Ask away!
NationState's friendly neighbourhood Egyptologist
Come one, come all to my Trading Card Bazaar!
"Kylarnatia is a rare Nile platypus." - Kyrusia

Vassenor
Khan of Spam

Founded: Nov 11, 2010
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Vassenor » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm

AgustaWestland A-129 "Mongoose". Replaced the Mi-24A in 1998.
Jenny / Sailor Astraea
WOMAN

MtF trans and proud - She / Her / etc.
100% Asbestos Free

Team Mystic
#iamEUropean

"Have you ever had a moment online, when the need to prove someone wrong has outweighed your own self-preservation instincts?"

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Our reconnaissance gunship is the RAH-66 Comanche. We use it to accurately guide swarms of AH-64D (or AH-1 Apaches, depending on the unit) Apache gunship.

Our law enforcement agencies (save for the Federal Guard, who have access to AH-64s) use the AH-1Z Viper.

Oh, then there's the AC-130.
Last edited by The Grand World Order on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Novariea
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Novariea » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:13 pm

The AH-1 Apache

The AC-130 "Spectre/Spooky"
Last edited by Novariea on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Commonwealth of Novariea - "Through Unity, We Prevail"

Satirius
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Satirius » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:19 pm

they see me rollin'

they hatin'
ODECON | Pact of the Bros | Your Typical International Incidents Alliance
Satirius on WS, note this is for better RPers than you

Franberry - Sharfghotten - Rosbaningrad - Tyrandis - Jeuna
Unjustly Deleted by Unjust Tyranny, and I Don't Think I Need to Mention What I Mean by Tyranny

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:27 pm

Kamov Ka-50 'Black Shark'.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Alternate Russia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 09, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Alternate Russia » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Mil Mi-24 "Hind" / "Crocodile"

KA-50 "Black Shark"

Mil Mi-28 "Havoc"

Artarnica
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Artarnica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:17 pm

To alter a quote from Heavy.
"Look at your sissy gunships, I thought we were fighting real men."

Tipidemica
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tipidemica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:47 pm

Tipidemica uses large Zepp-Crafts. You could consider them gunships. Since we do have Battleship Zepp-Crafts, that would be our best form of 'gunships'.
Last edited by Tipidemica on Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please note: Currently our National Overview does not reflect our's nations politcal situation, but reflected our past one. Currently we are undergoing change and should have a new fact-book up as soon as possible.
Tipidemica is a Future Tech Nation.
Old Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79654
Planet Creation Company
Thoughtful Science

New Robotalica
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby New Robotalica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm

UCDF wrote:Image

Known more readily as just “Hawk”, the Sparrowhawk is a formidable air to ground armor busting support aerodyne. The Hawk first saw actual combat against the Covenant on the surface of Harvest in the final months of that campaign.

The Sparrowhawk is a United Civil Defense Force VTOL aerial support aerodyne that appeared in

History:

The Hawk is a formidable air-to-ground anti-tank aerodyne. It is used by the UCDF in a ground support and anti-armor role to hunt tanks and support advances. Developed during the early years of the Human-Covenant War, it first saw action on Harvest during the end months of the Harvest Campaign.

Appearance

The Hawk has design elements from a mixture of modern VTOL aircraft, most prominently the Harrier Jump-Jet, and attack helicopter gunships such as the AH-64 Apache and the AH-1 Cobra.The cockpit is forward mounted, and the tail section juts out from behind the fuselage at a downward angle. Each wing incorporates a Ducted Air Fan for lift and thrust, and carries three missiles/rockets on pylons and a twin auto-cannon on each, with a Laser weapon mounted underneath the cockpit.

Performance:

"Hawk, ready to fly!"
—Anonymous Hawk Pilot

The Hawk is a fast and maneuverable aircraft, much more so than the AV-14 Attack VTOL that it is an upgrade of and therefore replaces. Rather than thrust-vectoring jet thrusters, like most UCDF aircraft, the Hawk makes use of ducted fans in the wings to provide lift and thrust, and is equipped with wing-mounted GUA-23/AW/Linkless Feed Autocannons as well as a nose-mounted Weapon/Anti-Vehicle Model 6 Grindell/Galilean Nonlinear Rifle, allowing it to engage enemy infantry, vehicles and aircraft, making for an aircraft of extreme tactical versatility.

Does that say UNSC on the Tail?

Anyway...

The VTD "Raven"

Commonly Patroling the wastelands in New Robotalica, they are decently fast, having 2 rapid-fire-gatling-lasers, and one Plasma burster, they can be used for border patrol aswell. The ammo feed is kept next to the core. if its shot down, it will Explode completly. This method will make reverse-engineering nearly impossible. They are controlled by AI, making "Shoting the Pilot" technique Impossible. They can go on for 2 years without a recharge, thanks to the circulative power core that will die down much slower than common ones.
Let me see those hands!
F7's DJ Mixtress, and Clubbin' Gurl!
Just Call me Dani
Married to Hathradic States

A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs.

Watch out for The Necromorphs! They bite. And Stab. And Slash.

Soufrika
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soufrika » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:28 pm

SuperHind Mk V

AV-44 Gier
Last edited by Soufrika on Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Libertarian Agnostic
NIHIL VERUM EST, LICET OMNIA

L3 Communications
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby L3 Communications » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:53 pm

Soufrika wrote:SuperHind Mk V

Why does this look like an AH-56?
The Corporate Conglomerate of L3 Communications
L3 Corporate Factbook - L3 Embassy/Consulate Programme - L3 Broadcasting Corporation - L3 Communications - Global Armaments

- Member of The Conglomerate
- Member of CAPINTERN
- Member of the IFA
Economic Tyranny/Libertarian: 7.38
Social Libertarian/Tyranny: -4.46

New Nicksyllvania wrote:WA is jew infested tyranny that does not understand freedom and 0% taxation

Lyras wrote:Thirdly, the inclusion of multiple penetration aids (such as flares, chaff, false-target balloons and lubricant)...

The Grand World Order
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 03, 2007
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand World Order » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 pm

Artarnica wrote:To alter a quote from Heavy.

good job comparing FT to MT again

cause it totally makes your e-peen bigger
Last edited by The Grand World Order on Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
United States Marine Corps Non-Commissioned Officer turned Private Military Contractor
Basque American
NS's only post-apoc, neo-western, cassette-punk, conspiracy-laden, pseudo-mystic Fascist UN-clone utopia
Peace sells, but who's buying? | Right is the new punk
A Better Class of Fascist
Got Discord? Add me at griff1337
Economic Left/Right: 4.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 8.13
Amerikians: That sir, is one Epic Tank.
Altamirus: Behold the fascist God of War.
Aelosia: Shiiiiit, you are hot. More pics, I demand.

Tipidemica
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tipidemica » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:34 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:

Yeah, so does calling your Theoretical Dick an e-peen.

But in all legitimacy, who calls it an e-peen?
Please note: Currently our National Overview does not reflect our's nations politcal situation, but reflected our past one. Currently we are undergoing change and should have a new fact-book up as soon as possible.
Tipidemica is a Future Tech Nation.
Old Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=79654
Planet Creation Company
Thoughtful Science

-Atlantias
Envoy

Founded: Nov 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby -Atlantias » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 pm

The Grand World Order wrote:

:palm: why did you fail so hard with that statement, that was a altered joke.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information