NATION

PASSWORD

All About Military

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: All About Military

Postby Fatatatutti » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 am

Reavani wrote:Stationary Empire of Species purists (Not prejudiced against the color of your skin, just how pure a human being you are, and also if you worship Reavi.)

You've described what's possibly the dumbest and most worthless military in NS history. Pure idiocy.

-- Gen. Castro-Stalina, 365th Parachute Division (ret.)

Kusatsu
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 29, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Kusatsu » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:40 am

1.22 million people total in all the armed forces (that's half a percent of the current total population)

80% infantry forces
3% heavy tank forces
1% air forces
16% technical/support/other

While The Empire of Kusatsu's military is highly advanced in terms of killing ability and monetary investment, we have chosen not to place so much if any interest or emphasis on vehicular warfare or aircraft. Someday in the future we may, but at the current moment the most action a tank crew or fighter pilot sees is in a military parade (which happens often). Actual combat for these units is a rare sight.
Proud Member of the Corporate Fascist Party
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10701&start=0

Reavani
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:41 am

Pevisopolis wrote:In which case, you have the economy of Somalia.

Quite surprising infact, because we're a pretty screwed up country when it comes to anything but "Do it for the Government" Our entire government is pretty much Isolationist when it isn't purging, erm, wookies, and other such creatures.
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49017

Trilbysia
Civilian

Founded: May 26, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Trilbysia » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:43 am

Trilbysia's Current Military Count:
Army:
10 regiments of 100,000 men each, which are split into 20 companies with 5 thousand soldiers each. This companies are diveded into squads, varying in size due to the function the squad serves. each company is required to keep at least 1000 outstanding marksmen (by which I mean 1 headshot per second in ideal conditions) in case of zombie invasion or other threat, since headshots kill anything with a brain in their heads. The remaining soldiers are all trained in guerilla and urban warfare, as well as zombie prevention measures.
Armament:
Marksmen- Z-7 Semi- automatic rifle, which has carbine, rifle and sniper capabilities. Spade designed for instant melee decapitation.
Infantry- each squad consists of a field doctor, several riflemen, a anti-vehicles guy and a machine gunner.
Navy- Trilbysia has no seas, however, its space fleet holds 10,000 marines, all with similar capabilites to those of the army.
Air Force- J-19 Hunter-Killer fighter jets, L-45 Lancaster stealth bombers. Consists of 500,000 men, all with proper army training.

Special Anti-Zombie Unit. Consists of 1,000 men, al trained in zombie extermination techniques, going from hand to hand combat to sniping, and piloting dirigibles.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:45 am

Fatatatutti wrote:
Reavani wrote:Stationary Empire of Species purists (Not prejudiced against the color of your skin, just how pure a human being you are, and also if you worship Reavi.)

You've described what's possibly the dumbest and most worthless military in NS history. Pure idiocy.

-- Gen. Castro-Stalina, 365th Parachute Division (ret.)

Meh, what can a Modernized Religiously/Corporately fixated Empire hope to achieve if not thousands of casualties in any war?
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at

Campeachy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Campeachy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:48 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Reavani wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:
:palm:
I wasn't talking about Soldiers. I was talking about the Workforce. the Not-Soldiers. Are are your skilled laborers excessively obese, old, lepers, or have serious mental disorders?

Oh, they're whoever isn't conscripted. The glorious last stand needs munitions and supplies. So anyone left when the quota is filled.

Also we're not above using prisoners...

Though, we rarely have Prisoners.

engage I.G.N.O.R.E. Cannon.

fire!

No need to ignore this, just RP apprropriately when you come against him.
Oh, my goodieness gosh, I just spit all over myself!

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:49 am

Campeachy wrote:
No need to ignore this, just RP apprropriately when you come against him.

Dis man speaks truth, properly supplied Machine gun nests are my worst enemy.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:01 am

Reavani wrote:

Quite surprising infact, because we're a pretty screwed up country when it comes to anything but "Do it for the Government" Our entire government is pretty much Isolationist when it isn't purging, erm, wookies, and other such creatures.

You have Wookiies in your nation, and you don't incorporate them for military use? Seems like a bad idea.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:03 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Reavani wrote:

You have Wookiies in your nation, and you don't incorporate them for military use? Seems like a bad idea.

No, we exterminated them.
We're Species Purists, believing that only Humanity, and Humanity's closest looking cousins (Cat eared folks and Altarans and such) are the only true sentient beings allowed to inherit the world, and later, the galaxy.

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:07 am

Reavani wrote:We're Species Purists, believing that only Humanity, and Humanity's closest looking cousins (Cat eared folks and Altarans and such) are the only true sentient beings allowed to inherit the world, and later, the galaxy.

I dunno, Wookiies are pretty big badasses.
South Lorenya wrote:occasionally we get someone who has a rap sheet longer than Jormungandr

Austin Setzer wrote:We found a couple of ancient documents, turned them into the bible, and now its the symbol of christianity.

ARM Forces wrote:Strep-throat is an infection in the throat, caused by eating too much refined sugar! Rubbing more sugar directly on it is the worst thing you can possibly do.

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Communism and anarchy; same unachievable end, different impractical means.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:08 am

Der Teutoniker wrote:
Reavani wrote:We're Species Purists, believing that only Humanity, and Humanity's closest looking cousins (Cat eared folks and Altarans and such) are the only true sentient beings allowed to inherit the world, and later, the galaxy.

I dunno, Wookiies are pretty big badasses.

I've said it a million times in Counterstrike.
"Not so badass with a hole in your head now are you, punk?"

Der Teutoniker
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Der Teutoniker » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:10 am

Reavani wrote:I've said it a million times in Counterstrike.
"Not so badass with a hole in your head now are you, punk?"

1. Hyperbole
2. Nope, they're still pretty big badasses.
3. *nod*
Last edited by Der Teutoniker on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turkish Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 20, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Turkish Federation » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 am

Our best weapon is the Mark Over9000 IGNORE CANNON, which fires a huge beam up to 9000 kilometers high that becomes a shield of Ignorium that protects an entire nation, alters time and sends enemy troops back to their homes.
The Turkish Federation
Factbook - Embassy thread - NSTracker

Kinstantia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 07, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Kinstantia » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:14 am

The United States of Kinstantia Military Facts:

9,000,000 total (that's 1.5%)
5,250,000 active duty
3,750,000 reserves

However, in times of major war, we will institute a draft, and raise our percentage upwards from 1.5% without breaking the 5% mark.
It's as if someone thought, "What if we took Baywatch, mixed it with Star Trek, and then blended in a frat party?" That's Kinstantia, in a nutshell.
This nation may or may not reflect my real life views. Furthermore, there's a lot of comic relief intended here, so if it seems a bit silly, you know why.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:04 am

Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Altergo
Diplomat

Founded: May 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:43 pm

My entire population is my military, but only 65% is in active duty. In any time of war the population is either making weapons or using them.

Special Forces:
Orbital Drop Shock Troopers A.k.a Hell Jumpers
Mission: Classified
photo: Classified

Time Shift Troops
Photo:Image

Fully Automatonic Mechanized Units A.k.a Hell Raisers
Mission: To eliminate all sentient life in certain areas of the universe

Any other special forces that aren't mentioned are highly classified

Amn Voss
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 31, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Amn Voss » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:53 pm

Altergo wrote:My entire population is my military, but only 65% is in active duty. In any time of war the population is either making weapons or using them.

:eyebrow:
Please elaborate how you ignored the entire discussion between Reavani and everyone else about 40% of his population being in his military? And how could you possibly afford, seemingly, good armour and weapons (let alone robots) if 65% of your population is in your active military?
Last edited by Amn Voss on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb."
INTP:
67-75-75-33
E L/R: 8.25 | S L/A: -2.10
MC: 40.3,-34 (New Progressive)

Volzgrad
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 04, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Volzgrad » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Altergo wrote:My entire population is my military, but only 65% is in active duty. In any time of war the population is either making weapons or using them.

Special Forces:

Time Shift Troops

OOC: I'm honestly thinking of making a "How Not To Wank in NS Military" guide. Eighty percent of all posts in this thread describe a military that is logistically or entirely impossible.
Last edited by Volzgrad on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Special Forces:

Time Shift Troops

Your posts make me lose faith in humanity.
[SHOCKING] Woman dragged by coffee cup into the MANDRILL MAZE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdllAAHq-WA

Altergo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:01 pm

Allied Governments wrote:

Special Forces:

Time Shift Troops

I wouldn't destroy humanity, i would just destroy the Galaxy my enemy is in, so don't get on my bad side :p

Campeachy
Envoy

Founded: Jul 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Campeachy » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Allied Governments wrote:Your posts make me lose faith in humanity.

OOc:

I'm well ahead of you there, my friend. I only believe in The Great Potato now.

But seriously, huge active force military numbers are not usually feasible except in unique situations, such as during outright total war, etc...

Not only that, but they aren't really needed most times. Huge waste of resources.
Last edited by Campeachy on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, my goodieness gosh, I just spit all over myself!

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Altergo wrote:
Allied Governments wrote:

Special Forces:

Time Shift Troops

I wouldn't destroy humanity, i would just destroy the Galaxy my enemy is in, so don't get on my bad side :p

I get it! It's satire! You're obviously being satirical, right?

Altergo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Amn Voss wrote:

Please elaborate how you ignored the entire discussion between Reavani and everyone else about 40% of his population being in his military? And how could you possibly afford, seemingly, good armour and weapons (let alone robots) if 65% of your population is in your active military?

65% is in the Army, the other population has weapons and Armour but aren't deployed

Allied Governments
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Allied Governments » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Altergo wrote:
Amn Voss wrote:

65% is in the Army, the other population has weapons and Armour but aren't deployed

Let's not focus on how you have only 233 Billion dollars in your Defense Budget, but something more tangible. How do you expect to make money when EVERYONE is in the military in one form or another.

Altergo
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Altergo » Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:06 pm

I have already destroyed the Vong and Forerunners, don't get on the list :p

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information