NATION

PASSWORD

All About Military

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: All About Military

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:43 pm

A little over 160,000 troops in my armed forces. An incredible small number, considering my population but well-funded, and well trained.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Pevisopolis
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:44 pm

The Great Lord Tiger wrote:
Keraton wrote:Abdi Dalem military march
snipped image

snipped image

You know how I know this is Grandheim/Matsutaka?

Are you sure? I'd wait for him to post the "World's First, Biggest, Flamethrowing, ICBM - Armed, UFO, Mega-Artillery, Super-Heavy Orbital Undersea Tank-Monorail" before coming to the conclusion.

EDIT: I've seen his last post; close enough. I'd recognize the Google Translate grammar any day now.
Last edited by Pevisopolis on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus God almighty man, look at that lot over there! They've spotted us!

Keraton
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Keraton » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:50 pm

Pevisopolis wrote:
The Great Lord Tiger wrote:
Keraton wrote:Abdi Dalem military march
snipped image

snipped image

You know how I know this is Grandheim/Matsutaka?

Are you sure? I'd wait for him to post the "World's First, Biggest, Flamethrowing, ICBM - Armed, UFO, Mega-Artillery, Super-Heavy Orbital Undersea Tank-Monorail" before coming to the conclusion.

EDIT: I've seen his last post; close enough. I'd recognize the Google Translate grammar any day now.

OOC: Thanks for noticing. And for Great Lord Tiger, please don't preconceive bad to me. I really don't know who is that a name you say

North Defese
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby North Defese » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:51 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:A little over 160,000 troops in my armed forces. An incredible small number, considering my population but well-funded, and well trained.

Considering a shock squad wiped out three groups of Ranger's without taking a single loss...
:evil:

And all your freaking chain gun wielding citizens ;)
Last edited by North Defese on Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One minute Defesian logic is all happy and joyish with some seriousness involved. Then suddenly you look into the context and notice a brutal, bloody wording.
And you're like 'Holy shit, Defese is terrifying.'" - Restored Belka
The Defesian National Anthem
Pro: good things :)
Con: bad things >:(

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:53 pm

Pevisopolis wrote:And if you have Switzerland-Esque gun laws? Or in other words, everyone has a gun of some kind?

There's a whole lot more to being a soldier than having a gun and presumably knowing how to use it.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:57 pm

Santheres wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:And if you have Switzerland-Esque gun laws? Or in other words, everyone has a gun of some kind?

There's a whole lot more to being a soldier than having a gun and presumably knowing how to use it.

:clap:

glad somebody else here finally noticed.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:04 am

North Defese wrote:Considering a shock squad wiped out three groups of Ranger's without taking a single loss...
:evil:

And all your freaking chain gun wielding citizens ;)

They no longer use the exoskeletons. Too many issues. Doesn't mean they still aren't the best of the best. :p

And just because The Senate passes next-to-nothing for gun control, and actually exempts ammunition and firearms from taxation... :p
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Reavani
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:05 am

Santheres wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:
Reavani wrote:Not the finest, we deploy Conscript battalions with Bolt-action rifles, which are effective, low tech, and easy to maintain|Construct.

Isn't a military half the size of your population illegal by NS standards? I always thought the allowed size was .05 of your population.

My guess would be that he conscripts large numbers when necessary, gives them shit gear and no training, and sends them off to die in large numbers.

Conscripted battalions with Bolt-action rifles, which are mass producable by the remaining three-million people in the Citizenry.
Normally on a Stalingrad style Conscription.
"THE MAN INFRONT SHOOTS, THE MAN BEHIND RELOADS, IF THE MAN INFRONT DIES, THE MAN BEHIND PICKS UP THE RIFLE, AND SHOOTS"

Yes, conscripts are completely worthless, but win through sheer amount of munitions depletion on enemy positions. Assuming my Blitzkrieg helps with anything.
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=49017

Pevisopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:07 am

Santheres wrote:

I'm not talking about Soldiers, I'm talking about armed civilians. Likely Cannon-Fodder, but they think they know what they're doing, and likely just defending their own home.

Reilek
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Reilek » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:11 am

Army:
Police Force:100
Equiped with a pistol and basic equipment, law keeping force,
Pavilion Force: 4,900
Equiped with rifle, meant to protect historic parks, monuments, and Senate Palace.
Hawke Force:4,970
Marines, equiped with hover-boots, jetpack, and other futurtristic weapons.
Green Squad:30
TOP SECRET!!!!

Santheres
Game Moderator

Founded: Apr 29, 2005
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Santheres » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Pevisopolis wrote:I'm not talking about Soldiers, I'm talking about armed civilians. Likely Cannon-Fodder, but they think they know what they're doing, and likely just defending their own home.

Honestly, I sincerely doubt that they'll think they know what they're doing or that they'll even try to defend their homes when it comes down to it. They're more likely to keep low and hope your military comes to help soon. Some will fight, the majority likely not.
:: Absolutely Orwellian :: Positively Kafkaesque ::
:: Undeviatingly the Year of Our Lord Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Four ::
:: IIWiki :: The Local Cluster (FT) :: NSFT Community Discord :: IIWiki Community Discord
Up on the housetop Santhbots pause;
Peace torn apart by steely claws!
Does it bring gifts of fun and games?
Nay, 'tis the king of acid rains!
Where can we flee from Santhbot's path?
No place is sheltered from his wrath!
Cyborg horror of the skies,
Flee! Save your children! Santhbot rides!
Proprietor of IIwiki :: santh dot ns, gmail for any iiwiki inquiries (and only iiwiki inquiries)
NS RP Community Manager - my TGs are open for RP community management/moderation purposes

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:13 am

Reavani wrote: Conscripted battalions with Bolt-action rifles, which are mass producable by the remaining three-million people in the Citizenry.
"THE MAN INFRONT SHOOTS, THE MAN BEHIND RELOADS, IF THE MAN INFRONT DIES, THE MAN BEHIND PICKS UP THE RIFLE, AND SHOOTS"

Yes, conscripts are completely worthless, but win through sheer amount of munitions depletion on enemy positions. Assuming my Blitzkrieg helps with anything.

still, 40% of your population would be every male and female between the ages of 15-90. you might want to try a little more realistic thinking and a bit less god-modding if you want anybody to take you serious.

Not Ta'veren

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:18 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Reavani wrote: Conscripted battalions with Bolt-action rifles, which are mass producable by the remaining three-million people in the Citizenry.

still, 40% of your population would be every male and female between the ages of 15-90. you might want to try a little more realistic thinking and a bit less god-modding if you want anybody to take you serious.

There are no ninety year olds in Reavani...
And it's only if it's something like we're on our last leg. Make the enemy fight for every inch.

And yes, women fight in Reavani, even if it is a Fascist nation.

The Conscripts are only there to provide cannon fodder, the true damage, really, the only damage, comes from my Riflemen (Trained Regulars equipped with helmets, actual rifles, and gasmasks) and Armored Vehicles, seeing as how I have absolutely no airforce to speak of, and no real defensive strategies other then "Mass Attack" assaults, I figure that my 200 million untrained, underequipped, indoctrinated Conscripts make for a fair trade.

It's Quantity versus Quality, and I'll admit it, Quality would win this fight any day.
Last edited by Reavani on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do you want to be a Member of the Reavi Pact? Probably not, but on the off chance that pollution and war are for you: The Reavic Empire

Do you want to have an Embassy in Reavani Space? Probably not, but on the off chance that Trade, Diplomacy, and a Nice Space Station are all in your bag of enjoyment, take a look at

Pevisopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:19 am

Reavani wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:

There is no ninety year olds in Reavani...
And it's only if it's something like we're on our last leg. Make the enemy fight for every inch.

The Conscripts are only there to provide cannon fodder, the true damage, really, the only damage, comes from my Riflemen (Trained Regulars equipped with helmets, actual rifles, and gasmasks) and Armored Vehicles, seeing as how I have absolutely no airforce to speak of, and no real defensive strategies other then "Mass Attack" assaults, I figure that my 200 million untrained, underequipped, indoctrinated Conscripts make for a fair trade.

It's Quantity versus Quality, and I'll admit it, Quality would win this fight any day.

And, who are the workers? everyone not able-bodied? Immigrants? Slaves? Robots?

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:21 am

Pevisopolis wrote:And, who are the workers? everyone not able-bodied? Immigrants? Slaves? Robots?

Anyone who's able to hold ammunition, a rifle, or a melee weapon.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:22 am

Reavani wrote:
Grays Harbor wrote:

There are no ninety year olds in Reavani...

:palm:

Not Ta'veren

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 am

At the point that my government would even consider mass conscription on that scale, it wouldn't be to win the war back into our favor. It'd just be to inflict as many casualties on their side as possible. The whole "Glorious last stand" ideal.

Pevisopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:25 am

Reavani wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:And, who are the workers? everyone not able-bodied? Immigrants? Slaves? Robots?

I wasn't talking about Soldiers. I was talking about the Workforce. the Not-Soldiers. Are are your skilled laborers excessively obese, old, lepers, or have serious mental disorders?

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:26 am

Reavani wrote:

I believe his point was this..... if you pull every able bodied person out of the work force and put them into your conscript army, then you have a work force of 4 year olds left to work in the factories and what all else.

If you want help coming up with something less god-modding and more approaching reality, then ask for help. If you don't want the help, then prepare for your nation to widely ignored because you cannot get a grip. seriously, try something a bit more approaching reality, it is more interesting that way.

The way you have yours set up, 1 armoured battalion could take you out, then you would have a basically deserted country for whoever wants it to waltz in and claim it.

Not Ta'veren

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:27 am

Pevisopolis wrote:
Reavani wrote:

I wasn't talking about Soldiers. I was talking about the Workforce. the Not-Soldiers. Are are your skilled laborers excessively obese, old, lepers, or have serious mental disorders?

Oh, they're whoever isn't conscripted. The glorious last stand needs munitions and supplies. So anyone left when the quota is filled.

Also we're not above using prisoners...

Though, we rarely have Prisoners.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:30 am

Reavani wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:

Oh, they're whoever isn't conscripted. The glorious last stand needs munitions and supplies. So anyone left when the quota is filled.

engage I.G.N.O.R.E. Cannon.

fire!

Not Ta'veren

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:31 am

Grays Harbor wrote:
Reavani wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:

engage I.G.N.O.R.E. Cannon.

fire!

Fine by me, I'm never going to pull that card, because that would only be in the case of extermination, not subjugation.

No one but Fascists exterminate, and we're fascists, so we really have nothing to worry about when the Democracies roll up.

Pevisopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 am

Reavani wrote:Oh, they're whoever isn't conscripted. The glorious last stand needs munitions and supplies. So anyone left when the quota is filled.

I'm starting to think that, assuming you won't come under fire from the glorious Ignore-Cannon (Highly unlikely), your nation is a roving horde of nomadic nazis.

Reavani
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Reavani » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:33 am

Pevisopolis wrote:
Reavani wrote:Oh, they're whoever isn't conscripted. The glorious last stand needs munitions and supplies. So anyone left when the quota is filled.

I'm starting to think that, assuming you won't come under fire from the glorious Ignore-Cannon (Highly unlikely), your nation is a roving horde of nomadic nazis.

Stationary Empire of Species purists (Not prejudiced against the color of your skin, just how pure a human being you are, and also if you worship Reavi.)

Pevisopolis
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Pevisopolis » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:39 am

Reavani wrote:
Pevisopolis wrote:

Stationary Empire of Species purists (Not prejudiced against the color of your skin, just how pure a human being you are, and also if you worship Reavi.)

In which case, you have the economy of Somalia.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information